/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Shitty Inside Joke Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer: youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areasJuly18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expoJuly18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

hermitary.com/articles/ancrene.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ded series
ded general

Roxas>>>Sora

post your favorite monkey in the series
inb4 no one says the gorilla voiced by rosie o'donnell

The pink one and sniper one from KH1
They're really sexy

Does anyone even disagree with this?

Roxas is more nuanced, but the whole point of Sora is that he's just some random schmuck.

>we will never see Timeless River MX

>spoiling kh3 endgame plot via a toy
Bastards.

That's actually adorable. Fuck I wanna play Cuphead.

But is the darkside shrunk or did Pluto grow? It's left ambiguous and isn't complete heresy.

>tfw no monkey union
if you had to pick any 5 animals for unions which would you pick?
personally, i'd stick to the 12 zodiac animals

see if they were smart about it, they'd include a tiny sora
as it stands, that dark side can't match the scale of any kh figure out now
unless they use a camera angle like pic related

>Namine's dildo.jpg

REEEEEEEE all they have in common is the same shade of pubes
lea will betray the gang to get roxas back

Well, considering Gula's is actually SUPPOSED to be a Pig and Luxu's animal is supposed to be a scorpion instead of a Goat... Super MoM is a lion, but we've never seen his keyblade anyways.

>Not wanting Roxas back

What are you talking about? Sora is a special lion!

R E G U L A R

Monkeyposting? In my Kingdom Hearts General? It's more likely than you think

hmmmm

invi is snek obviously
gula is tiger
ira is horse
ava is probably closest to dog
aced is either ox or pig
luχu is goat

if i really wanted to be autistic, i'd assign the rest of the 12 to the kh3 crew instead of the new unions
because 12 zodiacs - 5 foretellers = 7 guardians of light

rat is mickey obviously
rooster is aqua
dragon is lea
rabbit is kairi
monkey is ventus/roxas (whoever gets freed and recruited first)
pig/ox is riku
and the goat passes on to sora as he was almost nort'd already and the goat on that keyblade is part lion anyway

Uh the foretellers are actually based off of some old 13th century book thing. That's why I mentioned the scoripon and pig.

hermitary.com/articles/ancrene.html

Cute!

How would you feel about playing as your khux OC for a significant role in the story of kh3?
Does sonic set a precedent that any series can do it too?

People already think the series is autistic. Let's not add to that.

I'm an idiot
there was blank space with the OC's gun still there and I forgot to add best boi
Ladies and gents, I present your 7 lights

>You don't have enough experience to fight Seifer yet!

What did he mean by this?

>be dunston
>check in

What format is the foretellers banner going to be?

Mercy pull, 1-3 dot foreteller every time, undotted every time?

20 mercy no dots 5000 Jewels

You have to beat each opponent 10 times to face him.

which is bullshit but oh well

Now you get to be the superboss and obliterate your opponent in one combo.

if organization 13 were jesus and his apostles, who would be whom?

it wouldnt fit at all

why not?
there's 12 of them aren't there?
and the davinci code says one of them might be a chick too, so there's your larxene in that sausage fest

>The DaVinci Code

i never said it was a fact
just that there was enough to go on to stretch the source material so that the reference works

what did they do to xemnas' hair?
it used to be thiccer

Made him look Terra-er

I want a Martial Monkey optional boss in KH3. Pretenders would be nice, too. What KHUX enemies do you guys want to see in KH3?

Don't make me play as Player in KH3. I want to play as established characters only, namely the DI Trio if anyone. Also Goofy looks like he's bugging out

After BBS, a lot of renditions of Xemnas(and I guess Ansem) have been made to look even closer to what Terra would look like.

Ansem got tweaked, but Xemnas has stayed the same, since he was already based on Apprentice Xehanort, whose design was tweaked into Terra.

ded

>No mashup of Dearly Beloved and the Final Fantasy Prelude
how

Fuck it's so perfect. Maybe saved for KH3?

How much did you pay for that? I want one so bad but ebay is full of jews

Y'know, replaying KHII and actually watching the cutscenes (last couple of times were trophy/LV1 runs so I skipped them)

Why do people think the Disney content got worse?
I mean, in KHII, every single character feels much more alive and true to their original appearances. The scenes themselves are more dynamic and cartoony, like the Disney films they're emulating.
The cutscenes are more lighthearted and feel like an adventure. Donald and Goofy's personalities shine a lot more, and their interaction with Sora make them really feel like friends.

By comparison, KH1 feels flat and half-baked.
Is it just nostalgia?
The cartoony aspects of KH1 pretty much peak, and then disappear completely, during the first Traverse Town visit. Then, all the way through the end of the game, you'd be forgiven for forgetting that this is a game with Disney characters, because frankly, nobody acts like it.

I'll have to replay BbS and DDD to be sure, but right now I feel as though KHII is not just the peak of the series' gameplay, but also the peak of the series' Disney adaptations.

The game design of the worlds itself are worse. In every KH2 Disney world there's a cutscene, then you walk to the next room and a cutscene, then you have to talk to a person in the room and cutscene, then you get a battle that is scripted to give you no item drops and another cutscene. Literally every world follows that formula

They are also very small compared to KH1. Only TWTNW is large in the game. KH1's disney worlds are all a lot larger

KH1 worlds are actually fucking tiny though. They just mask it by
>"platforming"
around cramped maps, so it takes longer to move around this small room, which makes it feel big.

I would say worlds like Agrabah and Halloween Town definitely feel larger than in KH1. Pride Lands, Olympus Coliseum and Radiant Garden are also rather big, and Beast's Castle has a lot of rooms.

The smallest world in the game is Disney Castle, which might as well just be appended onto Timeless River, and together they make a decently-sized world.

Even though there are a lot of cutscenes, to me that just gives them the time to bring these characters to life in a way that KH1 fails to do.
And in general, the worlds are more vibrant and fun to be a part of.

Today's level 96 boss on JP gives a broom for everyone who participates. That's up to 30 free brooms in one day.

Compare the Halloween Towns of both games. In KH1 you have the huge mansion you have to navigate through and in KH2 it's two small areas Halloween side and Christmas town that's pretty much just the Santa's house

Only autistic whale parties would work that hard, ie the people that need brooms the least, so it's not like it matters. I sure as hell won't put in that much work, but I will reap the benefits of the handful of people in my party that will get the raid boss that high

Level 96 doesn't even take long, they level up 5 at a time. Putting a little effort into a video game isn't autistic, user. You're on a video game board.

>khux
>video game
lel

>In KH1 you have the huge mansion you have to navigate through
I wouldn't say "navigate through" so much as "navigate around." This isn't exactly Spencer Mansion. There's a door you have to open but you never really "go inside" the manor except to enter the boss rooms for Lock/Shock/Barrel and Oogie.

Halloween Town in KH1 has 7 rooms and the boss rooms.
Halloween Town in KHII has 10 rooms

Roxas is Judas because neither did anything wrong

Judas sold out the son of God for some fucking coins

I wonder who's behind this post.

I would sellout God himself for thirty pieces of silver

Send me a postcard when you get to Hell.

>The Acts 1:18-19 says that Judas himself used the money to buy a field (lit: acquire), but fell headfirst, and burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Not worth it to be honest

Based God.

Hey now, the only fictional story we should be talking about in this thread is that of Kingdom Hearts

Hello /khg/. I picked up 1.5+2.5 on the PS4 and I'm playing through it chronologically. Beat KH and Re:CoM so I'm about to start KH2. I haven't played KH2 since a couple of years after the initial PS2 release so I've never played Final Mix. I'm really looking forward to the OrgXIII data fights. I've heard that the game is really easy outside of Critical mode but I don't want to beat my head against a wall by starting on critical and then going against these super difficult bonus fights. Are the data fights still challenging on non-critical difficulties?

Alright but only of your trips.

Jesus and his apostles aren't fictional

Definitely; they still require a decent amount of learning - some more than others - so you should have plenty of fun with them on Proud and maybe on Standard

Gotcha, thank you.

I wonder if there's a God of Kingdom Hearts. Or if Kingdom Hearts itself is God.

Critical isn't terribly difficult.

You'll still be challenged by the postgame on lower difficulties, because of their attack patterns, but I think you'll lose out on the feeling of accomplishment that comes from the challenge of Critical.

Personally, I can't play KHII on anything lower. The main game is too easy.

As long as you're mostly competent, I don't think you'd get stuck on any of the bosses.
They aren't fucked up like Mysterious Figure (you'll see later), just a proper challenge.

>They aren't fucked up like Mysterious Figure (you'll see later), just a proper challenge.
Demyx is always a cunt to fight against, though.

He's tricky for sure, but once you figure him out he's not so bad.

DANCE WATER DANCE

I wish there was a reaction command to smash his sitar.

I bet he'd get pretty mad if you took his sitar.

Does the PS3 version of the remakes have no dream drop distance in them?

Nope. 2.8 is PS4 exclusive.

I hope you realize God made Judas do it on purpose so Jesus could do his thing.

The thing about Sora is that he only has a tenuous relation to the antagonists so it's hard to get invested about hid conflict his Xehanort. Roxas and other characters like Ventus have some real beef with Xehanort so having them fight is a lot more satisfying.

And I guess God made Eve eat the apple so he could tell humanity to fuck off out of Eden

Judas did it for 30 pieces of silver. That was his motive, and by some accounts he was so remorseful that he returned the money and hanged himself.

I want to hold Xion's hand.

thats gay and a waste of Xion

well I think DDD did try to give Sora something more personal to be more pissed at the Xehanorts with after trying to turn him into a vessel. I hope that the part of the scene from the orchestra trailer at the mansion we haven't seen yet is Sora telling off Xemnas and Ansem and not listening to any of their shit.

Another question is was walt disney a real person in kh
If he wasn't, how did they name the world Disney Castle/Disneytown

Having Walt Disney as a character would be in really bad taste. So it's probably happening in KH3

yfw Walt Disney superboss

He'll be the one inside Kingdom Hearts, it's as clear as day

i'll probably die laughing if that actually happens

You have been appointed to put three not yet used disney worlds into kingdom hearts 3, which do you choose?
Star wars for me

>Star Wars
>Disney World

Just because it's a franchise owned by Disney doesn't mean that it should be in Kingdom Hearts.