World of Warships Admiral

blah blah botes blah blah edition

****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed) (embed)

>0.6.11 patch notes
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/

>0.6.12 PTS
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/test-your-mettle/

>0.6.11 Smug moetel mod
my.mixtape.moe/lfnacj.zip

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact JakeNS

Other urls found in this thread:

playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/57AEgjb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't see a sixth sense ability in the the commander options. Is it automatic for all commanders?

Is there a smug hotel mod for 0.6.12 yet?

What mod should I put on slot 3 of Lion?
The reduced reload is nice but I'm too used to the crazy fast traverse of the previous tiers.

daily reminder flamu is a manlet furry

the just base sixth sense is yes. priority target (the very top left skill) lets you know how many people are targeting you

since the thread died right after, i'm reposting

i just researched the mino, days after the smoke nerf. I loved the fiji, edin,nep part of the line, should i still buy the mino?

do it lad

>stock crosshair is shit
>need to hold down alt to get important information
Is there a setting for this or do I really need a mod?

there are settings for both of those issues

Here's a fun one for you /wowsg/

Spec out a tier-X pre-dreadnought

specifically the alt holding down problem. Where is that. Also I can't seem to figure out how to toggle the team lists in battle. I'd like to be able to see the ships on each team while in battle

nigga wut

I SAID

SPEC OUT A TIER-X
PRE-DREADNOUGHT

>jake letting literal redditors into BOTES and HOTEL

>tier x
>pre-dreadnought
ok
main: two 4x16" turrets, fore and aft
secondary: eight 2x10" turrets, center mount
tertiary: 16x 6" guns
16" belt, 12" extended belt, 2" deck
20 knots speed

Alternative battle interface

Needs more secondaries, Yamato already has 24x5" and 6x 5"

Add in another 10 6" guns

Looks fine otherwise

day 38

i am continuing to infiltrate the Veeky Forums clans. soon i will obtain the coveted rank of officer and destroy these racist shitlords

they still do not suspect i am a redditor

First for KUMA the true EU Veeky Forums clan.

Doesn't kuma have like only 6 or so members?

Hello! I've installed the game yesterday and I quite like it

I've played a bit of World of tanks before and decided to try this one out, so far I like it more. I've always felt attracted to ships and naval aesthetic in general.

I'm a bit of a historyfag and since the pacific theatre was the most important naval one of WW2, the ships I feel attracted the most to are the Japanase and American ones.
(This doesn't mean I'll collecy ships from other nations, of course)

Do you have any tips overall for a new player?

>Do you have any tips overall for a new player?
Don't play it. Uninstall and walk away.

Seriously, this game is the same kind of frustrating skinner box that is WoT, if not even worse, since battles are much longer.

Prepare to suffer with low tier Japanese Battleships if that's your thing. They only get good from Tier 5 onwards.
Also learn to aim properly.

11 Members after not even two full days.
And its growing with members of this community.

1. Get invite code
2. Don't show broadside
3. Press WASD from time to time to throw off torpedo aim, if you see some torps heading towards you, usually it is better to turn into them
4. Aim at waterline
5. Don't be afraid to lose hp. Repair costs are not tied to % of lost hp, but rather are fixed cost.

Will Kuma take a lazy tier 8 shitter?

do you have a reddit account?

They took me in, a lazy tier 7 shitter.

Why would I want one?

Well, if I find the game not enjoyable in general, I will, for now though is fine

I'll have that in mind, what can you tell about the american ones?

Thanks for the beginner tips!

American battleships are painfully slow standard-types with all-or-nothing armor and average guns. 20 knots all the way up to tier 7 when most countries start getting fast battleships around 5 or 6. All or nothing armor means you do pretty well against large calibre AP shells, but you get lit the fuck up by HE and fires. They're all decent, but there's not really anything excellent in there either.

Mericans have decent gun turn time when compared to japs. Hell, everything has decent turn time when compared to japs, but their ships are slow, like really god damn slow.

Honestly, if you are interested in battleships, I would recommend KM BB. They are forgiving, decent but not braindead like RN BB.

You still haven't asked for invite code though. It gives you free T5 prem, so it is better to have it than not to have it

playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/57AEgjb

What is up with people calling Flamu a furry? Is there some inside joke I'm missing or is he actually a furry?

He is Fin. All Fins are furry.

no, it's worse than that. finns are heavily vaccinated, you see.

>no previous thread
>still haven't removed rex's clan

I am not a furry. Didn't know flamu was a finfag though.

Oh, ok
How do I ask/get one?

Ask for one and post your server.

Yeah we don't have any stupid rules for what tier you need to have or how good you need to be.

>KUMA not in OP

Rude!

remov

They should really do something to address the fact that BB effectiveness against cruisers is either '4misses and 1 overpen' or '2 citadels and 3 pens'

I know, right? Feels like you're playing a destroyer with how you're either totally fucked or just fine.

Could IJN CL's have a place in higher tiers, maybe as dedicated AA boats/DD hunters?
They could split off from Kuma a new CL line with the Nagaras, Sendais, Aganos and Yodos to finish up the tree, maybe a few paper boats to throw in the mix to finish up till T10.

Honestly I'd take a significant cit nerf to have better reliability. I mostly shoot other BB's or DD's anyway because the odds of citadeling a smart cruiser anywhere but close range is slim and a lot of BB's are getting magical citadels.

The japs didn't really care for CLs, so there's not even enough boats for a complete line.
Maybe they could implement them as a sideline similar to IJN gunbote line?

Exactly my point, split them off starting from Kuma to CA and CL lines.

Funny how you complain of reddit when most the people in thread are reddit, I could recognise a wide ammount of people from reddit Including a mod of the discord over at reddit and as far as I know only one got the ban hammer. And the reddit server mod still says she was still in server. Not to mention the closest shit that this thread did was that one collage that made it's way halfway across Discord reaching Reddit discord, Syanda and Multiple discords the person in said collage didn't even join but I guess that's no where near what Veeky Forums communities really do

>citadeling a smart cruiser is very hard
The problem is that there's no fucking error room at all. You get citadel'd by a battleship, you lose half your health. More than one, or a few regular penetrations alongside, you're deleted. Sure, you should be good if you angle, if you don't expose broadside, but if you fail to do that even once you're severely punished for it. It could be as simple as not knowing the battleship was there because he wasn't spotted or firing from concealment. If a battleship lands a potshot on you from halfway across the map (which they can do), you're fucked.

Dedicated AA botes sounds pretty un-fun with the way the air game is.

Tier 8 is suffering, needs repair party on cruisers or your game is fucked by RNG from the start.

Thus they could be AA botes/DD hunters, any point in that?

>DD hunters
so, cruisers right now?

Something like that, except a bit faster, maybe better concealment and able to knife DD's a bit more efficiently.
Most of current cruisers are a tad too cumbersome to stay up with DD's in my opinion.

Fucking hate these useless american BBs sitting back on their 20kn speeds

I don't care how good you are NM, you're 20km away from the battle

Is there a list of all the Oct Rev crate rewards yet? I've had 1 day premium (x2) and 250 doubloons (x2) so far.

Whats the next anime collab?

PLAYING THE BISMARCK HAS TAUGHT ME REALLY FUCKING BAD BB HABITS TOWARDS DDS

>YES I'LL JUST ADVANCE INTO THIS SMOKE

Even in Bisco it's not that good of an idea.

Yes read the main site.
5000 fXP
1 day premium
250-2500 doubloons

KanColle boat waifu captains with Jack Dunkek style skill buffs

not really I have no fucking clue

With new chinkcolle? I don't think even WG knows

Not that they don't want to get close, they just can't sail fast enough lmao.

We complain about them because they weren't here before. I know which Reddit mod you're talking about and I've been waiting for the right moment for someone to call "her" out. Pretty much anyone with the "boatfuckers" role is a redditor.

but officer is the lowest rank of clan member?

Like a tumor or some zombie horde.

>People discussing which way to go pre game start
>Someone wants to go AB
>Suggest that C provides us better cover
>Multiple people agree
>Everyone veers off to fucking A at the start of the round.

What the fuck?

Should I have hot wings or nuggets for dinner?

Hot wings

Are you a nigger?

Nah, I'm white. Emptying out the freezer and decided to eat off either one of those today.

I never really see mods lie unless it's to throw off doxxers (Tsukumi for life when he was modding /r/TheDonald) so I doubt mods ever lie since Trust is vital for a mod's career (If you can't trust a mod with telling their gender, how can you trust them not to go full ban everyone mode?). But I can see why you bunch could be doubtful, Since She says her mic is broken, never posted a pic of herself and while she told one person her location she never got visited. We know not much else besides her problems, the fact she's always busy and her fetishes. Last time I was asking around Syanda and Narkai would keep chiming how they don't have any reasons to catfish others.

Nuggets.

Let's put aside the
>reddit
issue for now.

Trust doesn't really matter if you are never found out. some people pretend to be a girl to get free shit. they'd never be in a position like being a mod if they didn't pretend to be a girl.
and
>her mic is broken, never posted a pic of herself
these two are dead giveaways. Especially if people offer to buy "her" a mic. If they refuse then they are either a guy or don't want to talk on voice, but a broken mic implies they had and used one before. A pic is extremely risky too as a fake one can be found out, but while not as telling as mic, it adds to it. typing style can also give it away if they type overly feminine.

kill yourself though.

>hotelfags still so assmad and grasping

ever considered Kii

>it's a retarded potato parks his baBBywagon 25 km away from the fight and ineffectually sprinkles the enemy with HE before being sunk by skycancer episode
I fucking HATE reruns.

don't know the people you talk about, but real girls are usually really fast with talking on mic in such games, as they simply don't bother that they are not guys and just want to fit in and have fun.

so this user here is right, lots of red flags for that person and trust me, there are no girls with "i am too shy to talk/my mic is broken for 2 years+" problems for online games, those are all dudes that want benefits associated with being a girl.

>grinds all the way to t9 or t10
>gets sick of high tier battle
>grind another line
Does anyone else do this?

The only fun tiers are t4 and t7.

>t7
>fun tiers
>Saipan
>Kaga
>Belfast
>Blys
>Scharn
Sure, if you pay for your fun.

>heard good things about the lion
>does fucking terrible in it
>everybody and their mothers concentrated fire me
>wins basically every match tho
It's still stock and all but I'm not sure if I should be glad about this ship.

The distraction carnifex is a thankless job user

Hotel: Literally, the QTest.

I prefer Fusou

Is there even a loli BB?

Not in KanColle.

Maybe when they release Mikasa.

I've actually noticed a pattern with this type of behavior. There's a guy pretending to be a girl on NA, uses a generic Asian picture with tons of photoshop layers and manipulates people. "She" acts like an egoistical, hypocritical, insufferable cunt and I genuinely believe this is "her" personality, so to get people to like "her", he claims to be a "she". Not once did he use a mic and he never stops spamming the chat (he's a Chink and they all spam the chat for some reason) which makes it even more obvious because what's the point in typing so much shit when you can express yourself verbally. Why is this such a common thing for Asians? And yeah, you've probably figured out who I'm talking, his name used to be blah or something.

talking about*

I feel quite the opposite. The most fun tiers for me are T9 and T10. Because at the highest tiers, your ships are at the best potential of their ship lines, making it easier to carry a high tier game than lower tier ones.

Plus in lower tiers, you get most of the newbies still learning the game. Their awareness and game sense is not quite up to that level yet to coordinate attacks.

>KUMAfags still in denial about the shit they're taking on the EU community with their autistic shitflinging
ebin trolee, 4 da lulz amirite guiz?!

KUMA is now literally everyone of the original refugee boat crew.

All thats left of HOTEL is reddit and maybe a newfag or two

>Still can't name a single redditor that was ever admitted

>Hech
>IJN_Kako
>All these literal whos nobody has ever seen on the Veeky Forums channel
>Rex himself

Dunno man, I love my high tier ships but playing them is too stressful, mid tier actually feels like I'm enjoying the game instead of constantly worrying about all kind of shit busting my ass and fuck up my credits earning.