/mmog/

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

This general is for discussing old, new, and upcoming MMOs, including MMOs with communities that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games on Veeky Forums, looking for a guild, friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/
mmos.com/gamelist

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Other upcoming crowdfunded MMOs
Ashes of Creation: ashesofcreation.com
Camelot Unchained: camelotunchained.com/
Crowfall: crowfall.com/
Pantheon: pantheonmmo.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

ashesofcreation.com
camelotunchained.com/
crowfall.com/
pantheonmmo.com/
projectgorgon.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck, I should have mentioned /dfog/

Which is the go-to MMORPG right now?
apart from Runescape, WoW and Guild Wars 2.
How good is FFXIV?

Anyone looking forward to the NA archage private server? it starts in 9 hours.

I heard it's really good once you get past the old content but I haven't really tried it out myself also was told getting past that content took about 20 something hours

Out of these
>Ashes of Creation: ashesofcreation.com
>Camelot Unchained: camelotunchained.com/
>Crowfall: crowfall.com/
>Pantheon: pantheonmmo.com/
Which is the most promising? When are they coming out?

I wish crowfall doesn't disappoint, it's the one I'm looking forward to

I think most of them are coming "2018" :^)

live... at least until dawn

Didn't this general get botspammed to death last time

member when mods weren't lazy shits and actually did something to combat spam?

I member.

RIP guild wars 2 gen

---Based on stream / vod interest---
Current Popularity in order appears to be

1. WoW
*huge gap between WoW and #2*
2. BDO
3. Runescape
4. Lineage II
5. Destiny 2 ( sort of counts as an MMO )
6. G W 2
7. BnS
8. Tera

no, unless they completely remove all the p2w items

mmog is alive!?

yes please tell the /dfog/fags to come I miss them

Give us your most obscure MMO that you are playing.

ded

It's okay. If you're a big fan of the FF series, give it a shot. It's got the most tedious leveling that I've ever encountered, literally every instance and activity in the game is locked behind a quest. It's got good music and nice aesthetics, dress-up game is pretty strong. Gameplay at max level is much, much more involved than it is early on. Content releases are shallow with little replay value, but come out regularly. End-game is gear currency grind and loot lockouts, there's only one "hard" boss rush (they call it a raid, it's just 4 boss fights) per major patch and the past couple iterations of it have been incredibly easy.

I've got pre alpha access to crowfall, it seems to be chugging along pretty nicely. It's still barely a game so I don't know if it will be good or not. Devs are really communicative.

This game had my favourite female body builds.

>and the past couple iterations of it have been incredibly easy.

Compared to what? WoW? GW2? FFXIV is way harder than any of these in most Savage encounters.

Creator and Omega were much easier than Midas or Gordias. I started in 2.5 after Coil was relevant. I played Tera for a couple years before ffxiv and I think MCHM and Abscess Hard were more difficult than any Savage fight I've done with the exception of A3S. I didn't clear 4 or 8 when they were relevant but I am a healer so they probably would have been quite tough also. Before Tera I played Eve so I don't have any experience with WoW or GW.

Is there any new mmo that can replace early Mabinogi?

Lads, I've been going through some shit lately and I really need a good MMO. I need it to be addictive as shit and with some decent gameplay at least. I don't mind the social aspect, I just want to senselessly grind myself to death.

Not that guy but easier than brain dead literally means nothing, i tried XIV again for Creator and whatever the first part of stormblood was, deltascape? Either way it was just as boring as before.

Pretty much every MMO boss these days just equates to a glowing floor dance for the majority of the "mechanics", sure Savage removes the glowing floor from most of them but it doesn't change anything except you have to already know where to stand going into it. The only things XIV does that are hard would only be hard in a pug group with no voice chat from my experience.

What MMOs don't have P2W cash shops I've burnt out on OSRS and WoW is just doing the same thing over and over again waiting for Titanforge/Legendary

Just play a wow private server.

rip elysium

Don't die on me, /mmog/

what game is that?

bump

Isn't it FlyFF?

Has there been an action morpg more fun than Rusty Hearts since it died? I was hoping Closers might fill the void, but after having reached lvl 60 in the alpha, it seems even more like a generic action morpg. Seeing what the new skills for each promotion was pretty cool, but after a few runs it got The PvP is also worse than I was expecting it'd be.

At least Rusty Hearts was kind of like Tekken and a more grounded Devil May Cry combat-wise, and you could both universally block and evade with all the characters. I guess I shouldn't be complaining since I never played Elsword and Closers is supposed to be more similar to that, but I hate the fact that you can't even change the direction of your regular attacks mid-combo, since changing direction just cancels the combo.

Aura Kingdom always had cute art. The problem is the game itself was just too basic. Basic combat. Basic leveling. Basic crafts. Basic Dungeons.

Some people love it like that and appreciate the traditional MMORPG which is why AK still seems to have a steady playerbase. But these days MMOs are competitive, and so games need to do something to stand out.

My dream game would be AKs accurate anime art with action combat and a huge open world with open questing like guild wars or BDO and a competitive PvP mode that is actually fun. Why can't it exist ;_;

Nothing has been filling the void since I quitted WoW. Everything just feels so boring and isn't addicting at all, it just doesn't feel fun. I don't know what WoW had, maybe it was the community? I never knew what got me into it, the story was okay and I liked some of the characters but there wasn't any particularly special about it but it got me hooked for so many years. I even tried playing one of those weeb mobages and I got addicted to it for a few months but it's just starting to get boring now, I really need something else soon.

If it was the community, the internet back then is very different than the internet we have now, user. Or maybe you're just burnt out.
Whenever I try out MMOs now I tend to play solo. Occasionally I'll meet 2-3 people that I sometimes party with who don't act in a too annoying way or repeatedly do stupid things "ironically".

Man, really wish the Internet still were like back then. I remember talking to a bunch of anons on Ventrilo about random shit and talking to a bunch of cute femanons, it was great. But nowadays everyone is just too worried about other stuff. I recently just left my job to become a neet again and start enjoying some stuff like the old times but everything that I knew of is dead.

most mmos now aren't what I would like them to be, I want to get lost in a big world and ask for directions and team up with strangers to take down bosses, maybe rest on a campfire afterwards and then get ambushed by some mobs, share stories, etc

it's just mindless grind without encouraging players to interact with each other

Maybe we could just team up and start playing and MMO together with some other anons, that would be fun at least.

>started seeking out old wildstar content that was cut or changed. find out about cut zones, races, and story changes
>tfw no one cares about the game anymore so nobody to discuss it with
Oh well. have some mordesh tiddies.

How is Bless Online?

Seemed alright when I tried the ru beta. The dev is "rebuilding" it because it had problems and was doing poorly, it's basically getting a ffxiv treatment lite. The thing that'll make or break it though is how much they improve optimization.

I could always go for Mordesh, Granok or Mechari girls. Hot damn.

don't die

Make Atlantica Great Again!

which mmo, I think it would be hard for everyone to agree to something though

no loli
no potato
no buy

Can't remember how many mmog has tried this and failed.
We had fun for 1-2 weeks though.

I want something where I can take it easy but also with loli so we can keep the normies away

the only bad thing abiut lolis is that people will spend more time erping than playing the game

Been interested in checking out Black Desert Online. Have an itch for an MMO and too burned out on PSO:BB. A bit reluctant on asking about it in the general though since I'll probably just get memed to death.
How is the game current state? Is there P2W cash shops? Does it actively try to not have you interact with other players like WoW (WoD and after)?

Cash shop sells tonnes of P2W shit otherwise I'd definitely play it

can we get into a new mmo at least? I miss the times where there was a gorillion mmo releases every month. Too bad the arena format killed them

that'd be nice but what mmo releases soon?

Please let's play a f2p one, I'm just a poor neet right now.

same desu

How do I enjoy GW2? Is it supposed to be a positive that there's no vertical progression? I feel like I'm doing the same shit without getting any more powerful at all.

When I go to the forums everyone says this is one of the best aspects of the game. Why? I don't get any stronger. I go to any part of the map and I get scaled anyway. So what's the fucking point? Why play this game?

Man, thats a bummer
Thanks for the warning, was about to pull the trigger on it but now it's out of the question.

but which one

do you like the grindan games?

wish there was a game where we could form a mob and assault people ;_;

>where we could be cute girls and form a mob and assault people

Fixed that for you, mate.

buy my game losers

So I filtered the steam mmo category by "free" and "anime" and I got this.
Are these games even new or they just showed up on steam for a few last shekels before dying?

>or they just showed up on steam for a few last shekels before dying?
More or less this. On an odd occasion though it does rez the game, but most show up to squeeze a few extra bucks before death.

>kritika
haha

just pick a game already

Aura Kingdom

dfo

>tfw remembering an MMO you used to like that died
RIP Archlord. Wish I played you more.

How's albion online? Good? Fun?
Doesn't really look like an MMO

I had 2 people tell me it's mobile shit and that they dropped it like 3 days after buying it

why are there so many ragnaroks online? lol

Pantheon for me.

I dont know what it is about the game but i actually want it to do well

Also you should add projectgorgon.com/ to that list

I miss that fucking game and then the lead designer goes to blizzard

the p2w doesn't really matter as far as gameplay goes, everyone playing it has the same shit.

Its more about whether or not you want your game to cost like 200€ upfront

ewww a rat

it's been too long...

doing my best not to trigger the bot with any keywords

/mmog/, whats a good game for someone who loved PSO:BB. Don't care if it's on a private server or otherwise, just looking for anything to fuck around with.

guild wars 2 general
asura
norn
charr
femsura
futasura wife
femcharr fluffy cunny
squatfu
HOPE guild
FUN guild

needs floppers

yo GW2 buds

make your GW2 general :) lots of you around even on /v/

sorry friend, gw2g is dead

try making it one more time i dare you, the bot is dead

I swear to god if the bot kills this general one more time

Which is the best MMO for ERP?

I'm sure you could find a healthy ERP community on any mmo, but WoW and gw2 would probably be good choices. Check out what games darknest is active on.

I'm going to cum inside all of these sluts

WAS THIS WHOLE GENERAL NOTHING BUT A FRONT FOR GW2 POSTING???!!! RATS GET THE FUCK OUT YOUR GAME IS BAD AND YOU NEED TO KYS

it's just me! And I'm trying to space my posts out. Don't let my qt images distract from all the discussion going on in here

are you surprised that gw2's most cancerous guild would come back to shit up your general again?

post femsuras now

Your rats not even fucking cute looks like a fucking zombie with the thousand yard stare.

a zombie you say?

Honestly I loved Aura Kingdom, I shouldn't have quit when I did since the private server I used to play doesn't seem to be around nor the Aura Kingdom General.

No I myself made it because I was lonely and bored

how many goddamn rats do you have