/digi/ - Digimon General

Dawn/Dusk Edition

Previous thread: Digimon Links/z has begun its international roll-out: digimonlinkz-en.bn-ent.net/

Links trailer here: youtu.be/oajAz5INpoI

HACKER'S MEMORY NEWS
>Hacker's Memory 20th Anniversary Edition Details
withthewill.net/threads/18582

>Hacker's Memory Pre-order Bonus and Cover art
withthewill.net/threads/18211

>Territory Battles, Quests & New Characters
gematsu.com/2017/06/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-introduces-territory-battle-quests-latest-characters

>Domination Battles
withthewill.net/threads/17660

>Interview with producer Kazumasa Habu
withthewill.net/threads/17634

>Digimon Story Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory Trailer
youtu.be/QdroyF26SMo

ANIME NEWS
Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, "Our Future", is to be released early summer 2018.

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters has finished its Japan airing. A French dub begins 23rd October: withthewill.net/threads/18572

TOY NEWS
>20th Anniversary V-Pet details
withthewill.net/threads/16945

RESOURCES
>Digimon Linkz Information Base
digimonlinkz.com.br/

>Digimon Links Evolutionary Trees
growlmon.net/

>Cyber Sleuth Digi-Links
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8

>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ

>Discord link
discord.gg/VtKcGuD

DOWNLOADS
>Next 0rder OST [320 mp3]
mega.nz/#!7U9F3Txb!JeuUBX1myA14eX7yaJOsUj4yewXB6Xl5cEouOfIpOdw

>World 1 OST [192 mp3]
mega.nz/#!mAFSGJRQ!jqLdrMZ5mP6pEWw0J9ti6_aZ8HSOOx5DM1imFcotKkI

Other urls found in this thread:

aroomwithamap.tumblr.com/post/166608719984/digimon-universe-appli-monsters-and-the
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Female Koh/Male Sayo when?

This is wasted potential of the worst kind.

Also reposting for the new thread: aroomwithamap.tumblr.com/post/166608719984/digimon-universe-appli-monsters-and-the

They wanted to make it simple enough for kids and general public to understand, not pretentious philosophical dark shit to lecture others.

>not pretentious philosophical dark shit to lecture others.
Is that why Tamersfags are the worst?

In a way. Ask people who rated Tamers as their top favorite season about what Tamers was about and most of them would probably only say somehing like "It's dark and deep" like a broken record without getting any of the message.

This is Jou's girlfriend. Say something nice to her.

The chemistry between takato, jenrya, and ruki is astounding not just for digimon standards but for anime as a whole. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a more perfect trio before and am certain we'll never see a group like them ever again in digimon.

Turuiemon is for class
Wendigomon is for edgelords

Tamers was about a kid who witnessed a miracle, and got roped into his biggest wetdream, then discovered that it was actually pretty difficult to maintain, but still managing to find the resolve to keep on, as he befriends other people in similiar circumstances, who have their own demons to deal with.

This is probably the best summary of Tamers I've seen.

She´ll only be legal once she hits mega. Or posesses a coffee addicted detective

Tamers would be great if they only kept the main three as the main. But all the additional Tamers except Juri like Hirokazu, Kenta, Ryo, Xiaochung, etc really ruined it for me because they had no important arc or major role in the story. They should have remained as supporting characters with no Digivice or Digimon partner.

Even Janyuu and Yamazaki played more important role than these Tamers.

>other people in similiar circumstances, who have their own demons to deal with
This is what made Eri and Rei stand out as great characters among the rest of the idiots in universe.

> then discovered that it was actually pretty difficult to maintain, but still managing to find the resolve to keep on, as he befriends other people in similiar circumstances, who have their own demons to deal with.
Literally every Digimon season

Well yes, the shows title is DIGIMON tamers after all. I could of course add "and dealt with more and more horrifying enemies and circumstances along the way, including traumatized lolis and eldritch monstrosities" but I think that would´ve been a mouthful

>the only good characters in Appmon have names that are anagrams of one another

The novelty behind Tamers was the metafictional element to it. The main cast were in-universe fans of the Digimon franchise, so their trials and tribulations act as a lesson to the show's viewers of what raising Digimon would really be like.

Honestly towards the end I didnt mind Astra either. Also all the Appmon were great. Hell even Yuujin I can somewhat tolerate since at least he was programmed to do all this shit. Haru is the one thats really messed up

Completely agreed.

>when the gogglehead is the shittest character

>Haru had heroic BSOD when the Appmon died and Yuujin's reveal (which was his role model)
>Astra had conflict with his dream and his family responsibility
>Yuujin had conflict with his own programming

So how would you react, if your favourite character from a show became real and you would meet him? Like not actor or voice actor, but the actual fictional character.

>so their trials and tribulations act as a lesson to the show's viewers of what raising Digimon would really be like.
I don't think that's something that can be called as a "lesson", user. Also, the "they are fans of Digimon" was forgotten really quick and was not even the theme of the show.

Tamers might be quite mature, but it really didn't have any message worth mentioning. Maybe something like forgiving people who wronged you, but that's not something that's worth to be called "deep and philosophical" label like many people said. Even the more lighthearted Frontier also discussed similar topic like Tomoki forgiving his bullies.

How about Janryus main issue? How can we coexist with artificial life that we created?

Didn't mean shit in the end since the Digimon didn't even stay with the Tamers. If that was Tamers' message, then it was the exact opposite of Appmon's message - humans and artificial lives can't coexist.

Is there a tier for Digimon Links?

Which of Digi should I awaken first,
The one with LV 6 S-ATK medal or the one with Ancient Lupine Lunge leader skill?

Well if what you mean by message is a show forcing its morals to the audience then I'm glad Tamers didn't do that.

Tamers had plenty of ideas and concepts it wanted the audience to think and learn from, like the concept of loss and how people deal with it, how evil can depend on the perspective, the evolution of technology and how people try to use it, dealing with the consequences of persuing dreams, accepting your limitations and your strenghts, how easy it is to change yourself for the worse yet dangerous to not change at all, learning about what you want from other people, etc, etc.

If Tamers is considered deep, is precisely because it didn't simply present pre baked solutions but actually explored greyer areas. It helps that the characters have a realism and nuance to them that rewards viewers that pay attention.

Given the open ending. (And yes it still counts even with the drama CD) The message seemed more like "we arent ready yet, but we might get there some day."

I disagree. A lot of stuff you mentioned were pretty much something that are more subjective than objective. For example, plenty of people think Juri was mopey and annoying that they completely missed it if that was supposed to represent the concept of loss/trauma and coping with it. I could also claim that School Days was about deep psychological drama that show the value of relationship, faithfulness and betrayal, dealing with trauma, etc where the show obviously was not about that at all.

Other seasons of Digimon also discussed plenty of issues you mentioned. For example, the concept of loss and how people deal with it can also be seen in 02 (Ken and his brother, and Wormmon), the evolution of technology and how people use it in Appmon, accepting limitation and strength in Frontier and Savers, etc. And a lot of these also were not presented in pre-baked solutions either.

Unless the show explicity mentioned and acknowledged the presence of a certain issue, it was basically a subjective interpretation rather than message to the audience. The audience might be able to relate to the characters, but ultimately they did not really think or learn about anything unless it was directly stated.

It's why audience nowadays are considered "stupid / ignorant" and need to be spoonfed because a lot of them simply either don't have the required attention span, or are not really looking for message in the first place when they watch it, but simply for entertainment sake. So the way to circumvent that is to literally present the issue and have the characters acknowledging the said issue rather than relying on the audience to "make up" something that may or may not be taken as message.

But philosophical and existential things don't sell, user. Gotta pander to fujoshis with homobait for that.

She looks fat.

I would spaghetti.

The show can do both. Evangelion has both philosophical existential things and gay with Shinji and Kaworu.

Medal is worth more than leader skill imo. The ideal condition would be transferring the medal to the the mon with good leader skill, but RNG can be an ass so it's not worth it.

>Jian/Takato meet Murder Machine and his dumbass master
It'd might make Jian rethink his idea of bringing back their mons, but only for a moment.
Honestly not sure how Takato would take it, probably be more fascinated about how different Digimon and Appmon.

Robot boy probably wouldn't care about either. Haru would probably be interested in the difference like Takato would be.
They probably also wonder why they aren't fucking, thinking it's natural for besties to bang. But of course Takato and Jian aren't degenerates like them.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
We wouldn't get this delicious fanart.

Worth it.

Thanks for reminding me there's no fat Kyoko art. Asshole.

Funny enough, I think that in the Juri-Ken comparison, 02 did it better. It wasn't exactly in your face, but 02 made it clear enough that Ken had issues without overstaying its welcome. Meanwhile, Juri was all very vague implications until beelzebumon and d-reaper happened and suddenly makes things in your face-tier blatant

>no fat Bastemon art

But all of these things referenced are explicitly part of the plot. How did it waste the potential?

Wasn't bastemon's voice actress a busy singer or something like that? I remember somebody mentioned long ago that bastemon had some issues that explained why she appeared so few times.

So even the fujos agree he is a sexbot.
Glad to get more evidence that dumb shipper is wrong, and we are right.

I think people just want to bitch about Appmon.

Yep: Bastemon's seiyuu was part of AKB48 at the time.

Damn shame.

Juri pleases drunkards for money!

If Konaka had his way, she would have been pleasing daddy too.

*Blocks your path*

>she would have been pleasing daddy too
No wonder she got Leomon as partner.

Literally looks like a toy action figure

>open ending
Nope.
Even the manga had a close ending.
Konaka fixed this mistake with the CD drama.

Hey look, worst toy is coming back

Someone made the joke about a human dying in the Digital World and coming back as an egg.
Well here it is

Mercurymon, Neptunemon and Susanoomon confirmed for Hucker's Mammories

>Mammories
user stop. There won't be no yuri this time.

Sauce?

Bump

I bet the huckers will indeed have plenty of sexy mammaries, just like the cyber sluts did before.

Bump

So did is there any place to listen the OST of Appmon?
I kinda like the ending theme of episode 52. Anyone know the name?
I mean it's not 3 Primary Colors, but it is still nice.

Left or right?

What does this series have for fun games lately? I haven't really played it since the DW series on ps1

Bonus points if there are lots of cute girls

Cyber Sluts, cunt.

fei is in it, so by default there is yuri
granted you're stuck as a stinky old boy instead of the perfection that was ami and her harem but oh well

>Bonus points if there are lots of cute girls
cyber sluts

best

cute sexy bod

The right choice is to alternately suck both of her nipples and drink of her lustful milk

lower on the cute girls spectrum (not devoid mind you, but everything is a bit lacking stacked up to cyber sluts) is next order, which is a digimon world game

In Links if you awaken does it always become the same rookie it was before?

That's been the case for me but some user was complaining about getting a different rookie

Great additions if true. Also Neptunemos would give strengh to those old rumors that had him. The weird thing if those are true would be announcing Susanoomon before the lower lever frontier mons

Interesting. Thanks user

VJump news I assume?
also where are the VJump scans for Digimon?

Oh yes because "I´m gonna study computer science to bring back our partners someday" is so closed and clear.

Which is funny, since I dont recall Appmon ever having eggs. Dont they just turn into chips?

O12 rising.

Can get different rookies, but always a rookie that has the potential to evolve into the mega.

WHERE IS V JUMP SCANS

I WANT IT NOW

Does it count for the communication requirements for Version 20 Digital Monster?

I hope Mercurymon has his roided up design from the anime, not a fan of how skinny he looks in everything else

>more Olympusmons
Apollomon when?
also mercurymon is small

This Nokia is, unusually, even more lewd. I think it's the sexhair.

The left one. The left one is always the bigger.

Please don't insinuate that Nokia is lewd.

>Haru is the one thats really messed up
haru is basically takato if takato failed to become the lead protagonist

>takato would end up as MC's stalker
Not good.

halloween

I see dead digimon...

>haru is basically takato
Takato never was as obsessive as Haru was.

FAKE

I made a thing

Haru is a real main lead protagonist.
But muh tumblr analysis!All you need is kindness!

We already know Olympos XII are an important part of HaMe's plot.

Well works for some, less for others. Then again after Cat->AngelWaifu, I dont think you can fuck up an evo line anyway.

Oh fuck off. That's just Konaka dangling false hope. He does it all the fucking time.