grimtools.com/calc

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>mods
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>cant launch
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>previous illusion

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/bVA433Q2
grimtools.com/calc/wV1wqeYN
grimtools.com/calc/4ZDMwrkN
grimtools.com/calc/RZR9kLxV
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/118
grimtools.com/calc/RZR9kW0V
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29256
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder why they don't cycle these screensavers instead of using a single picture

grimtools.com/calc/bVA433Q2
Not entirely sure on my devotions. If I'm not going for fire and only have Doom Bolt for chaos damage, is Flame Torrent still worth it on skeletons? Or should I go for Twin Fangs/Giant's Blood? Also is there anything more interesting to put my last remaining devotion points into besides some nodes that give +pet or +vit stuff.

first time playing this can someone help me salvage this?

grimtools.com/calc/wV1wqeYN

i do a lot of damage actually with muskets and i actually survive a lot because of blood of dreeg

im not that interested in pets besides maybe the crow

Yeah I blush every time I look at her tits...

who is that guy

Occultist

Why the points in Soleals Witchfire? You dont do any vitality damage. Flame Touched would be much better to max out. And beyond that Flashbang or Stun Jacks are decent skills to have to get you out of sticky situations. Not sure what direction you want to go.

Aren't there any components that give pet bonuses?

Aside from bindings of bysmiel, of course

I dunno. i shoot things and it says 2k damage at the same level as me

if i turn it off its 1k damage

Demolitionist

also pick curse of frailty an max vulnerability for - elemental resistance. I don't know how good the crow may be be he can restore your hp, a better investment would be brimstone

>mfw you hear the moaning in grimwald

grimtools.com/calc/4ZDMwrkN

hows this?

You haven't seen nothing, boy. Just wait for the last location.

Welp, I found purified salt and imbued silver. A shame there isn't one with a poison/acid resist aura for pets because they have 0% resistance to that right now.

What the fuck do I do when my bar is full? Is this actually limiting? Am I only allowed a certain number of skills?

press y

wew, cheers lad

it should be better, you could include termite mine for more fire chaos res reduction if necessary

i thought the fire resistance reduction was for 5 seconds on every enemy hit by flash freeze and not only the one freezed by it

So Daila isn't in Mourndale for me anymore.
What quest did I forget to do?

Ok so I played it on win7 upgraded to win10 and it stopped working. What do?

did you return her diary in Homestead?

registry, reinstall.

Tried, tried repair.exe from the game folder, reinstalled video drivers, nothing. Black screen.

I dunno.
Still wrecking shit, even more than before with a bit of help from hoarded gear
Even easier than my initial run with a Cabalist, where I slowed down to a crawl because I had to constantly resummon shit because everything had damn aoe.

you need to remove the old grim dawn registry entrees and clear out the old temp files from roaming.

It would be overwhelmingly powerful if that were the case. It goes up to -125% Fire Resistance when maxed. That's more resistance reduction than most builds can manage overall with a single skill It's useless against bosses because they don't get frozen.

Nope.

Item question.
I'm dual wielding pick related, is the chain lightning cooldown global on my character, or is it a weapon specific thing?

It's per weapon, the only part that wouldn't stack is if it had a utility effect like resistance reduction on it.

I think what he meant is if the procc cooldown is affected by cool down reduction gear

Oh if that's the question then no, it isn't affected by %cdr, but stuff like Time Dilation would affect it.

Nah, he had it right, I was basically wondering if that procc could occur twice over like 1 second.

>Achievement: Destroy every gravestone in the Necropolis

>when you find a direct upgrade

Its hilarious how that chain lightning just jumps out of screen to hit enemies you didnt even see.
The range seems kinda stupid.

I need some advice anons
>new player
>constantly playing and theory crafting for the last week
>can't play ranged because I missclick and move to enemy position instead of shooting at them and half of the time I shoot at them at point blank range because I can't run & gun
>can't play caster with ability heavily builds because I'm both shit at ranged and can't keep track of my skill cooldowns and I keep pressing the wrong ability keys on my keyboard when trying to be mlg pro or forget about available skills completely for minutes
>melee auto attack builds are boring as fuck
>pet builds are basically cheating for trash mobs because you can pretty much compare your loots and do other kinds of stuff like looking at the full map while running while your summons clear the trash mobs and only challenge is running around at boss fights while looking at the health bar of your minions to summon them again when they die
Holy shit how do I git gud? I like the game a lot and keep making different builds to try on crucible but I either get bored or play like shit.

you can just shift click to attack without moving

tfw you dont and Alvericks Rebuke is still stronger than a weapon with twice as much weapon damage

Nice. I still have some very low level green stuff at level 50 because they have pet bonuses on them.

There is no better feeling than finding a purple and replacing one of your greens with it..

1. Use shift click

2. I think a lot of people (including myself) gets hooked into making builds all the time. The thing is you just have to get attached to the most practical build in theory. Use it to farm items. Farming items open up even more rooms for theorycrafting.

????????????????
wtf. just bind the standing attack thingy to ALT and press it while left-clicking in the general direction of enemies.
My whole build I'm playing right now might as well be called "hold left mouse-button to delete screen"

play 2h melee reaper, it doesn't have auto attack and you need to go trought only 3 skill + heal and invincibility when necessary

i put my attack at 1 so i can keep moving with the mouse.

Did you tried cant launch suggestions in op copypasta too?

Damn, the expansion content is no joke.
If it wasnt for all the stashed legendaries I'm using, I would have a bad time with my semi-viable build here..

Thanks a lot for the tip guys now I can play ranged nicely.
Which skills do you use for it?

amarasta blade burst, bone harvest and ring of steel with cold res debuff (from murmur) and shadow strike for movement. you go like this ring of steel - abb - bone harvest and repeat. this is the build i'm using but i will respec the devotion and move some points around grimtools.com/calc/RZR9kLxV
for the start invest some points in necrotic edge and reaping strike + bat constellation

Why does it feel like Kraken didn't help as much as expected with a Primal strike Elementalist? Focusing on Primal strike and grenado with the modifier. The damage is good but I expected more from the Kraken.

Attack speed maybe. Primal Strike has a cooldown.

aren't you supposed to take the modifier to remove cooldown if its your main attack?

Can you get the outlaw looking armour from the inquisitor picture?

>not finding a green to replace one of your purples

grimtools.com/db/itemsets/118

I've had to replace some non mythical purples with greens for armour and health

Maybe your base damage is shit. Taking percentage damage over flat damage at the start isn't going to do you much good.

Is it occultist still a decent second mastery for necromancer if I don't plan on a pet focus?

what kind of build is this ?

is wendigo totem even worth it for a caster/ranged chararacter? there needs to be an enemy in melee range for it to pulse right?

what dmg you want to focus because occultist have nice -vitaly dmg and max poison resist

How many damage types can you focus before you start to spread yourself too thin? Looking at necro, and if I'm going with occultist, vit and poison seem like a good focus. But can I focus cold damage too for the bone harvest?

How do I gear for resistances in this game? I'm starting to get my ass handed to me by any damage type I don't have proper resistances to at the end of normal.

I fucking hate this in ARPGs. You can't even fucking trade in this game and the crafting system is horseshit. If it were just Fire/Cold/Light(/Chaos) like in the >good games, sure but what the fuck are the 1024321903 resistances in this game.

you probably shouldn't, if you want to use bone harvest try to get a weapon with poison/vitality damage since bone harvest scales with weapon damage.

It depends on what skills/constellations your char is using

Otherwise these are good starting components for res:

Imbued silver: bleed/chaos
Purified Salt: aether
Ward stone: bleed/elemental
Runestone: aether/elemental
Silk swatch: bleed/pierce

There are more but these are usually the cheapest to get res

im not too sure but shit is tough as hell in ultimate so i only focus 2 dmg at best and it still not enough point to upgrade all relate dmg
dont worry many components and Augments help buff resist greatly so get ready to farm some components also dont use all devotion for dmg use them for resist too
until Ultimate

Am I a loser if I copy builds from online instead of doing my own?

Do you feel like a loser having to learn math from a book in primary school?

learn all you can and change if it fit your items

Yeah cause math is for shoobies.

The hard and cold truth is that nobody cares

Alright, I guess components it is, thanks. I just haven't found anything good for Aether whatsoever and that's what I'm currently struggling with. Vitality and chaos are somewhat hard to get too, at least with the kind of gear I'm using.

You can switch between them. Usually enemies doing aether aren't doing chaos damage.

For aether you start with Runestone and Purified Salt x 2. The rest comes from your equipments or devotions. Later on you'll have things like Outcast's augments and Aether Soul to fix your resist.

For Chaos: Imbued Silver early game, Black Tallow and Sanctified bone later on

Dual pistols or rifle and what mastery do I pick to make it work with Negromancer? Inquisitor, Demo or someone else?

if you want ranged it's better to go inquisitor + soldier or inquisitor + demo.

But I want skeletons AND guns since I can't have skeletons WITH guns.

with this game you either go full pet or go home

It's basically the same as with damage types, spread yourself too thin in what you do and you will do a lot of things that dont even tickle the enemies.
You can pull it of in normal and maybe pre-malmouth elite, but once the game actually starts getting interesting you need a cohesive build or you get nowhere.

what skills should I put my devotion procs on?
grimtools.com/calc/RZR9kW0V
I've got Assassin, Assassin's Blade, Dryad, Harp, Bat, and Unknown Soldier, with a fuckton of skills to put them on. Probably gonna go Dryad on War Cry though, because it's a 100% chance on attack for that skill.

you can get some pets that scale with player bonuses from devotion but if you want to reach higher difficulties you need to choose between the two or you won't have enough damage. The best you can do is go full pets occultist necromancer and go with 1 gun to support you pet

>Negromancer

wow these Aetherial behemoth in ultimate are fucking tough and hit like a truck

yeah, running around to make them miss their first attack is the only option for me..

I'm following this Dreeg's Evil Eye build, and I'm a bit confused about the stats the guy chose:
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29256

>60 phys, 8 Cunning and 13 Spirit with 6 available points
Why isn't he going into Spirit more than Phys if he's going for a caster build? I thought Spirit was what gave you the magic DPS.

Cunning and spirit are for gear requirements only, the stats they give are basically nothing compared to what you get from gear. Physique is the most important, as you need every point of health you can get

DPS is no good if you are not alive or having to run without casting

they have xbox huge physical dmg or something hit through my shield like wet tissue
dont worry Spirit only add little dmg only mostly use for mana and gear phys is highly needed for survival
also careful it is old guide

It was pretty much the first Warlock DEE build I found.

>enemies can be over level 100

>mfw a bunch of lv106 Aetherial colosus run at 50mph gang rape your char

Has anyone beat the expac on ultimate HC yet?

yes I've seen a screenshot of that recently.
It was some 2h ranged build I think

So, about farming items. What are the top spots for a new player? I have one level 100 melee guy with bad gear.

>nice there is quest that reward stat
wait do i have to replay all difficulty for expansion for the stat quest now? fuck

Where do I farm Exterminus and/or other legendary pistols?

Thing is nobody knows if it's legit hc or not, so it's for shit

I'm playing a negroshaman focusing mostly on summons, I've been running 2h, bone harvest mod and the shaman perks + kraken has been fun, but it seems like 1h+OH or dual wield has much better weapons for a pet class.

Worth the respecing to switch?

Can you completely respec your class if you refund everything in it down to 0?

no, masteries stay at 1