Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Stop putting meme girls in the op

How the fuck do i get close to the 4th boss, he keep fucking ice sharded me REEEE

Are Adventure Episodes really important? I'm thinking of making a team without a Celestrian

>Are Adventure Episodes really important?
Is playing the game important? What the fuck is this question?
>I'm thinking of making a team without a Celestrian
Don't

Teleport behind it

They are important, but you don't NEED to have any individual race. They're nice, but mandatory. I'm running without a Celestrian.

>fifth round versus first strat boss
>realize that there's more golems waiting to reinforce the body
>mfw characters start falling one by one
This is bullshit; my team can't keep this going. Any suggestions?

Is getting a bad end on Adventure Episodes a bad thing?

Trigger 2 stone thing to trap the left and right golem dingus.

A few of them will always stay around as interactable tiles, taunting you for not having the right racial passive.

Other give you less XP or a smaller reward (or even a punishment) for missing the passive.

Iirc the only racial passive you ever NEED for an actual quest should be Animal Care, everything else is just nice to have for more XP and rewards (and stat bonuses).

>Finally decide on races and classes
>Have to choose portraits and voices
>Have to switch between EN and JP to make sure the voice # sounds appropriate in both languages
>After that will have to come up with names
>Then the guild name
>Then the 2nd names

you did block the four statues nearby, right? Also defend on the first turn plus whatever elemental shield skill you have, afterward just spam AOE attacks to deal with the boss and the mini golems. It's kind of a long fight

I want Edie to kick me hard in the balls and spit in my mouth after she caught me window shopping

>1 shot 2 of the team's members
Well shit, time to do some grinding then.

>dodge Fencer survives

Is there a reason you people exist?

Ignore the little golems and kill the torso. Works if you have a Warlock with a high level of magic shield to block explodes

>Pride
>Wrath
>Envy
>Sloth
>Lust
>Greed
>Bunker

3babs are truly disgusting

>tfw can't name your bunker

I want Edie to step on my cock in her bare feet but that other cuck shit, no thanks.

>make a warlock
>spend all the skill points on magic power up but forgets to get a magic spell

>make a rover
>get the skill to call a hawk
>get into the gate and forget about the hawk for around 10 minutes

also

>forgets to bring a ariadne thread on 3+ floors

I-I can't be the only one right?

sorry no one else is that retarded

You're hilarious.

what a pleb like you doing here?

As a rule of thumb: Most passives are not worth rushing for - might at least help with your first problem.

As for the rest... good luck in the labyrinth, user.

>I can't be the only one right?
I don't know how to tell you this, but...

>ghost posesses a bunker

>make a warlock
>spend all the skill points on magic power up but forgets to get a magic spell
Classic.

I wish I were an adventurer, working hard and risking my life everyday just to save up enough money to have Edie give me a disinterested handjob, trying to make me cu as quick as possible because later one of her wealthiest clients bought her services for all the night and she really hasn't much time for a dirty poorfag like me

Eo4's tiny floors with ample shortcuts has trained me to no longer use threads

i only carry one in case i get cornered by foes, i usually walk out otherwise, its even easier now that we move slightly faster then sound

My elf has gotten me a couple of adventure episodes where we find money or ingots/shards hidden in the dungeon, which seems more important to me than exp or food. How do those play out if you don't have Detect Mana?

that boss is so retarded
I don't really know how you beat it unless your party can nuke it during chain blast

Is there a Luma game patcher thingy version of EOV undub, like an user made for the demo? I don't want to reinstall the whole game.

Anyone have a list of what each stat effect what?

Yes. Search fireden or wait for a spoon.

>slelesword is less dangerous than normal enemies in the same stratum

Fuck off Tama, you're not cute.

>guaranteed wipe if you have too many buffs
Crystal dragon is an epitome of unfun fight holy shit

They either don't play out, or you get a slightly inferior event.

>Level 50 is an appropriate level to clear the fourth stratum
Good to know.

>50
Well shit 4 more lvl to go then.

Cute gunner. I wish I had that DLC.

I killed it at 48 which was already a bit higher than I would have been because I did the side areas on 3/4f and 8/9f. Still a difficult fight, though. At least two steps up from all the previous fights in V.

>Naming characters according to their class
Patrician taste

Nice shit tier opinion

He 1 hit 2 of my party members earlier at turn 0, my party was lvl 46. How the fuck do i fight him.

Can you refight bosses in V? Because I didn't get all the drops I could from the first one.

What the fuck are you doing
I was at like lv 52 when I fought him and I never grinded too. Didn't touch any foe more than once ether

>can't scan any of the qr code on the album

No you're fucked forever, restart the game and have fun killing the hippo in 1 turn at level 30

Kill him during Chain Blast ~)´◡`(~

>Finally got 2nd Names
>Get Phantom Fencer and max out Lightweight
>Use only a sword
>Still get hit tonnes of times
What is this? Was removing my AGI items not worth the extra evasion? Anyone got the evade formulla?

Dodge fencers are shitty meme, how long do we have to go through this?

Is Whirlwind a worthwhile skill for Masurao before 2nd names?

There's a reason why it's a meme

>Crystal dragon is an epitome of unfun fight holy shit
>I beat him my first try with no problems whatsoever
It was easy as shit. He was in a constant state of debuffs and binds, not to mention he dealt barely any damage that would've put me in danger.

Dodge fencer start getting good at level 99. I'm not joking. If you want them to be good earlier, remove all equip and make them full support, they can easily nullify most damage in this way.

>Not making a dodge fencer that doesn't use the lightweight passive and has armor on at all times
I don't know, its worked pretty well so far. and I'm at the 6th stratum now.

Not as far as you, but I keep feeling like I'm constantly overleveling. Not even doing anything different from usual but I've already rested twice in two stratums to stop FOEs from being blue/orange too early.

Bosses and FOEs usually respawn in 2 weeks.

>full support with no weapon
>literally cant blind or phantom sword

Yeah you are supposed to use the evade buffs and then lure the enemy

>half an hour progress lost because I got ambushed at a gathering point by 4 enemies with full party aoe

So is Petrification no longer as punishing as it was in other installments? Do you still game over if everyone is petrified? I can't imagine why else that ailment would be appearing as soon as the 2F.

Petrification falls off

Pietrification is just a 100% paralysys that forces you to use guard, gies away after some turns or when the battle ends.

To be honest I think this might be a good idea.
I feel like I dodged things just as well with 4 items that gave AGI rather then only 1 sword.
I'm going to do some calculations

What does the evasion formula mean by
>From there, the two scores are then divided, for a total score.
Does that mean they get averaged?

Should I replace my Warlock with a Necro? I'm running a chase team and it feels like Warlock is losing steam.

Well, there was a guy time ago who spend a lot of points into a Ronin but forgot to equip a katana...

Trying your best to not die in such moments is a great feeling. Better of course when you make it but what would that thrill be if you didn't die from time to time.

>25F
I can't be the only one that got fucking sick of the puzzles and went on a murder spree, right?
Also fuck those horse.

>he dealt barely any damage
Clear breath does 360% almighty AOE damage if you have 3 buffs up

>if you have 3 buffs up
>Oh hey you know what would be fun?
>Make Shaman fucking useless in a boss fight
>Great idea

Huzzah.

STR - STR-based damage (usually physical)
VIT - STR-based defence
INT - INT-based damage (usually magical)
WIS - INT-based defence and healing
AGI - turn order, more important stat for accuracy and evasion
LUC - infliction rates (both offensively and defensively), less important stat for accuracy and evasion

The Warlock, Necro and Celestrian spells use a mix of INT and LUC for their infliction rate instead of just pure LUC.

Good work user.

Interesting, does therian infliction rate use LUC only or they mixed like knife ears?

What does TS refer to in the evasion equation that was mined?
Total score of AGI*2 + LUC? Does it mean both scores of you and your foe together? Or is the first TS and second theirs?
>B = (87.5 + (((TS * 0.05) * (TS * 2.5)) * (BaseAccuracy + SkillMod)) * 0.1

If you want although necro would have to blow up ghosts to chain

Fucking no-life neets. That's it! I'm deleting your guild card.

Who do you pronounce Ariadne? I've always said AH - REE - ADD - NAY

>Clear breath does 360% almighty AOE damage if you have 3 buffs up
>Using buffs instead of debuffs
If buffs are bad for that fight, just don't use them you pleb.

You did it bro! I'll give you a (You)

/æriˈædniː/

A - RI - AHN - AH

Therian infliction rate relies on LUC.
But most of the Rover's infliction skills (Hunter Shot, Scatter Feathers, Aerial Talons, Sky Dive Menacing Howl, attacks of hound and hawk) use the pet's LUC instead of their own which is much higher especially if you invest points into the Whistles.

>Shaman is rendered useless

Grace and Gift skills, yes or no?

If I understand it correctly it should be 10 times attacker's AGI*2+LUC divided by defender's AGI*2+LUC.

I thought that only the Omnimancer used INT, and it was entirely INT based instead of partly.

>use the pet's LUC instead of their own
Fuck, i didn't know this. Oh well now i know which skill i'm gonna up next.

how do i finish mission 2 guys i looked through every corner of f2 but still stuck holy shit

Depends on the class. If it's a Warlock that can get benefit twice through casting twice a turn, I'd take them. The highest the TP cost, the more TP it returns.

>free TP
Yes.

>how do i finish mission 2 guys i looked through every corner of f2 but still stuck holy shit
What? You mean the mission where you need to go to the 2nd stratum? You can't get there from F2.

アリアドネ

Buns!