/acg/ - Armored Core General

I'm back to keep us alive edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

It's normal if I'm kind of dissatisfied with my AC if it ends up looking like a named character's AC, right?

I guess, the point is having your own unique mecha, and now that you mention that, I ended using Ay pool NEXT to trash the first half of the arena my first time doing it, without realizing I copied her desing.

Don't know why it wouldn't be.

But I like the way it controls and looks, yet once I was done building it I looked at it and noticed it had the same head and legs as a certain AC, and very similar arms - and the core is the same type.

My autism reeks, I guess.

I've been trying hard to build something else that feels just as fine and I like the way it looks, with no avail.

in any case change the colors and weapon set, that could help.

there is something I find soo cool from V era quad snipers.

At the beginning, I didn't really like any of the fifth gen ACs, but they've grown on me.
Quad snipers more than any other.

I think that its the case for everybody, they were too different and even weird looking from all the previous design, but I have to say tha the V really has some of my favorite tank and quads.

Is really hard to make a lightweight or even a middleweight with decent defences that look good since they end up looking like they skipped leg day.

But you know what isn't cool about them?
Using them.

traumatized mucho?

>just finished FA in two sittings
>played through it again another ten times to get all endings and parts
>litterally the best game on exbawks, even better than GTAIV which I dumped literal hundreds of hours into the sandbox multiplayer
>ran out and bought 4 immediately after
>it was okay, mostly in it for the story and worldbuilding which was actually really nice
>no matter, V is apparently multiplayer focused! It'll be fun! Fun!!
>run out and get it on launch
>tfw

>>litterally the best game on exbawks, even better than GTAIV

I never thought I would live to see the day someone would say something like that

>>litterally the best game on exbawks

what did you like soo much about it?

The most magnificent of the bastards.

sadly, he didnt make a return on VD.

White Glint was literally perfect.

Man I miss this game so much.

I'm more partial to this guy

Leo was cool but Chief is on another level.

While I still like White Glint, X-WGIX/v is still a cool rendition, at least lore wise.

looking at Leo's AC, now I realize that I used almost the same build for a while, change the core for the car door, and that's it, and it was almost the same, I even used the same CE rifle

I'm not so sure. I liked the way Leo seemed almost mournful, it was something I don't remember happening all that much in AC

he (and maybe picis) was the only ones that realize they were without purpose for a long time, and now they were fighting for the mere sake of fighting, the only thing that keep them going day after day, he couldnt think on anything to improve his, or the rest of zodiac, life, so he wanted to be free from it, yet he manage to hold himself really well.

>it was something I don't remember happening all that much in AC

I feel AC as a franchise, have a couple of uniques takes on certain characters archetypes that makes them feel really different from the rest, despise the minimal time most NPCs get.

night

eyyyyy

No, I'm one of the most practiced sniper cannon quads outside of JP. I spent years primarily using it.
I'm not going to say it's bad, because it isn't and scary things can happen, but it's impractical and there are better, more effective things I could be doing instead. It's not worth learning all the little ins and outs.