/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/650440/Warbanners/
anonfile.com/A094J4cbb3/Getting_Over_It_with_Bennett_Foddy_Windows.zip.torrent
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
store.steampowered.com/app/248860/NEO_Scavenger/
steamcommunity.com/games/248860/announcements/detail/1324469570231384271
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did all my crops die?

MOGEKO CASTLE GAIDEN WHEN

You gotta water them you meme loving fuck

you're a real piece of shit, you know that

>not a single good game
Man this has been a bad year for indies.

Most of these games have been good actually

>a hat in time, snake pass, cuphead, hollow knight

Anyone else try warbanners? It's a bit fucking ugly but it's made by one dude and the gameplay is pretty fun
I only did the first two missions but apparently it gets fairly hard
store.steampowered.com/app/650440/Warbanners/

Cuphead question: does parrying count for P-rank? like things like those spike balls, etc.

Oh boy can't wait to kill everyone including myself.

Where did you get it

It was exclusive on Humble Bundle monthly and now the monthly deal that had it is over.

From /v/, a guy posted it

You can get the torrent from here: anonfile.com/A094J4cbb3/Getting_Over_It_with_Bennett_Foddy_Windows.zip.torrent

Don't press the big blue download now button, press the other one.

What is this

A spell.

From what game

technically it's a hex
i guess hexes are a subtype of spells and sorcery is the other category

Shut the hell up, hexes are heresy. You're not a fucking heretic, huh?

It's a spell.

The Souls game. It's like corpse explosions in Diablo 2, except it works on a large area.

Cup Head

cup souls

Oh

That reminds me that I still need to finish Dark Souls 2, I dropped it several months ago, I couldn't get past that boss that was a big guy with a big sword that had things that healed him that was in one of the DLC areas, the funny thing is that I didn't know it was part of the DLC.

fume knight?
you can disable the healing shits if you skipped at least one nashandra before that but he's still a gigantic fucking asshole

Fume Knight? Start by killing the thingies outside the arena, and then it's a matter of learning his pattern.

Or using a human effigy and going 3 on 1.

>Or using a human effigy
if you summon for fume, summon humans
the npc summons available are fucking garbage

It's better to have AI summons than no summons at all.

debatable

given the damage and defense scaling the boss gets per summon, it's really not

I used all of the things, I managed to destroy all the healing things except one, so I tried to keep him away from that one but it was a real pain in the ass.

Also I couldn't summon other players because I pirated the game, but atleast I can summon AI.

True. The boss' HP scales to how many players are here, right?

Still, having an ally is precious, given how retarded bosses are, they'll tend to go after whoever hit them last, giving you enough time ot recover.

to be clear, i mean specifically for fume knight
the two npcs available are terrible
plenty of fights in 2 have good npc summons available, but fume ain't one of them

owo

What is this

You don't knwo your classics?

SWAT?

Started playing underrail, it's my first game of this type so bear with me here because I really don't understand shit of what I'm doing, but msotly I don't get stealth which is amazing since I rolled a stealthy guy.
So if I understand it right cameras move around and they can see you through stealth, but you cannot do jack shit to stop them if they spot you in their angle because they get yellow and the things nearby will get warned and corner your ass. And you don't know if they are there because your line of sight isn't big enough so they just pop up randomly and you get fucked.
How am I supposed to deal with this? I tried to clear the tutorial three times without being seen and it just doesn't work. Either the robot corners me or I get yellowed and can't run fast enough through the place to not activate red.
Also, are traps good or they're jsut a meme? I need intelligence to use them but I'm running with 5 since I needed the other stuff too, hope I can use snipers later because the crossbow seems like hot shit against mechanical things.
Also when I drop the grenades there's a 22% going around which must be my chance to hit but I'm always hitting it. is it just luck or the percentage is a lying cunt?
Shoulda rolled a wizard. They just kaboom shit, seems easier.

Stealth is for faggots, just go with a heavy armor/assault rifle build or a non-stealth psi build

This guide has some nice builds, but none of them are non-stealth psi builds, you'll have to search for them somewhere else, maybe the forums.

Traps are incredibly useful against some of the tougher fights that give you the opportunity to prepare in advance, but like throwing they aren't viable as your only weapon. Cameras, turrets, and some very powerful characters have true-sight which means you can't sneak by them. Here's a psi guide.

I forgot the fucking link steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165

Mostly you just have to move around carefully and time it right. If you can't see the camera well from where you are, try entering combat before you move closer. Also don't panic if a camera sees you, most of the time you will have plenty of time to find a hiding place before the alerted enemies arrive. You can even use this to get them to leave their patrol routes.

Stealthing the tutorial comes down to timing and luck only, pretty much. Your stealth skill is low as fuck, and the armor you are given makes it even lower. It will be much easier during the actual game.

>Also, are traps good or they're jsut a meme?
They are really good if you are into that kind of playstyle. Especially if you have the dexterity to take Quick Tinkering, the most OP feat in the entire game.

>Also when I drop the grenades there's a 22% going around which must be my chance to hit but I'm always hitting it. is it just luck or the percentage is a lying cunt?

The thing with grenades is that your aim can't be off by more than three tiles. So it will never fly in a completely random direction, but it still won't be reliable if you don't have the skill.

i thought throwing as main damage was okay these days due to knives

Yes. The fourth one, I guess.

I haven't actually tried it, but other people have said it's not good, maybe they were basing their opinion of of old builds before knives. Some of the feats for throwing knives seem pretty powerful but I'm not sure how good they are in practice.

>0 lockpicking 0 hacking murderhobo mode builds
:nauseated_face:

Underrail question

Is it actually possible to complete the game as a mutant? Just respond with yes or no

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

My favorite part is where he suggests going on a massacre inside the Talloski manor. Holy Christ.

i don't know

Really guys

Really

you were asking for it

I gave you a honest and true answer. The other were fucking with you.

I hope this helps.

I wanted an actual answer not meme answers

I don't think so, because The guys at the Institute front gate would be hostile, and I doubt they'll open the door after attacking them. Can't reach the DC elevator without entering the Institute.

Guys Im having an issue with cuphead, I cant beat the djimmi level because every time I enter the whole background is black and djimmi is invisible. The only thing I can see are some of his attacks like the flying swords.

I already tried unistalling the game, downloading it from a different source, I have started over like 5 times, its always the same level. Does anyone know what it could be? Heres a screenshot. I dont know whats causing this. While some of his attacks are visible some are not, for example I didnt even know he threw mummies and skulls until I watched a video of the fight. I already tried searching online but didnt find anything about this so I dont know where else to post.

yea but come on user
if you just didn't include
>Just respond with yes or no
then you'd get your answer by now

I lied, sorry. You should believe the other guy.

I lied to you. One other user was honest.

I hope it helped.

So if you attack the Institute at the gate you just fuck your entire playthrough? Interesting

I included it so that people wouldn't post spoilers.

The mutant will have two heads. One tells only lies, the other tells only truths. You may ask one question, but nobody knows what the fuck determines whether he'll answer or not.

Ok guys you can stop now.

no

If you attack SGS any time before the end of the game it breaks the main quest. If you attack Core City before reaching the Institute it breaks the main quest. Really, the main quest can be broken many ways, turning into a mutant is one of them. But going on a quest of revenge to wipe out every station you can as a mutant is really fun and pretty challenging.

Not him but for my first playthrough I used the tin can build in that guide and it worked pretty well.

That's interesting, for some reason I always had the feeling that Underrail was the kind of game where you can complete the main quest no matter what, even if you kill every NPC, I guess I was wrong

No. It's closer to Morrowind, where you can fuck yourself.

Has anybody tried playing this game?

store.steampowered.com/app/248860/NEO_Scavenger/

Can any one recommend some indie games with good loot systems?

didn't morrowind pop up a message saying SHIT'S FUCKED when you killed someone important?

Yeah, it's really good. I died so many times to hypothermia it's not even funny. I should start a new run one of these days, maybe this time I would even reach the end of the main quest. I want to know how it ends.

it's pretty cool at first but not that much content, I wouldn't drop 15 on it

>good loot systems
whatchu mean senpai

Think Diablo 2

But not a rogue like which forces you to restart. I want an actual story to follow.

Yes, but Morrowind also didn't have controlled zones and entire factions turning hostile together, so mistakenly assassinating someone important was much easier and less obvious.

I got pretty good at it.
Taking melee or strong was great cause you kill the werewolf thing right off the bat, then skin it and wear it.

So which is the best underrail-like in the market right now?

That's crazy talk, if you do that you don't even feel like a pathetic piece of shit with a snowball's chance in hell to survive. Where's the fun in that?

Exile: Escape from the Pit

Shadow Warrior 2 and Lichdom both have Diablo style loot drops. Magic Maker has procgen levels but isn't permadeath, and lets you create spells out of the components you find in levels. Darksiders 2 is a character-action meets Zelda style game with diablo style loot drops for the different classes of weapons (not indie but you can buy it on GOG so whatever).

I could recommend a lot more if you were interested in roguelites, but c'est la vie.

So which is the best indie game this year?

its on sale for $3.50

you have to take trapping too.
eagle eye is also cool cause if you scavenge the lab you find a multi-tool.

this is a good time for indies, but I feel like I've gotten kind of bored with vidya. I think I'd need something either really out there or super fun and casual to get me out of it.

Vidya is everywhere now, there is so much vidya..

what on gog? doesnt show any sale on steam for me

vidya has never been rock and roll tho..
will vidya ever rock and roll?

Will I ever rock out to pearl jam while screaming my heart out as my electronic waifu dies of an overdose?

If you played and enjoyed Cuphead or Hollow Knight then I can assure you there's way more "out there" shit than you can comprehend.

no, check the store, there is another site they are offering it for 3.50 in the store page.

comprehend is a strong word

>earlier today I grinded 16 battles x12 times or so because that was the cooldown of the blacksmith to Star upgrade stuff
>now after eating a steak after a storypoint I get that ability for free with normal xp use
It wasn't that long but I sure feel fooled now to have done that grind.

when you like classic rock and vidya, you always feel like a posuer. You never quite fit in with the rocker types or the gamer types.

Maybe real rock and roll is just not compatible with vidya. Rock and roll encourages you to seek out real experiences, feel passion and break the rules, vidya makes you do the opposite, it keeps you safe and warm and happy, but feels hollow sometimes. I guess they both leave you feeling kind of empty, too shallow or too deep, not enough food or not enough food for the soul..

>check the store
alright ill go down to my local walmart because you can't stop being a vague retard

>or super fun and casual to get me out of it

How about you stop being a faggot and enjoy your life?
If something is not fun then stop doing it for a while.
Fucking whiny retards too dumb to enjoy hobbies these days.

What a helpless faggot.

the steam store.

steamcommunity.com/games/248860/announcements/detail/1324469570231384271

you're retarded and there is no sale
you didn't give me a single inkling as to where it might be
its not on gog
its not on steam
If I google neo scavanger 3.50 i get a 10 year old reddit post linking to something that isn't it
where is this magical store page you're talking about
don't even bother because I'm not buying that trash game anyway

Shuddap, i'm pouring one out for my homies..