Need some ideas...

Need some ideas. I have over 100 mid-range computers at my disposal and would like a way to generate some passive income.

The machines are all mine and I pay for electricity. Not interested in crypto mining or distributed computing projects (ie gomez peer) as none of them pay enough.

Was *considering* building a render farm and attempting to rent them out but I pretty much know dick about 3D animation and whatnot.

So help me out guys, what would you do with 100 spare computers short of selling them off?

idk sell them or set them up as servers(this would be expensive)

normal mid-range desktop PCs are useless compared to servers or machines built to render 3D stuff or anything. They only thing you can do to make money off them is sell that shit.
I guess they're stolen and that's why you don't want to sell them and get caught.

Another idea that comes to my mind is if you live in a shitty country open up an internet cafe where kiddos can play and hang out

They are not stolen. And I have sold about 20 of them thus far, but it's time consuming and not continual income.

I know a standard mid-range PC is useless for 3d rendering. Hence "render farm" - meaning a whole shit ton of them daisy chained together. But like I said, I know virtually nothing about it other than it costs a fortune to rent one from any of the mainstream render farm providers. My idea was geared more towards hobbyists & small time operations.

Assuming they're all identical - format and install Ubuntu or something via network install so they're all installed at the same time.

Sell em via eBay / Craigslist / Donate to Church or Schools and become an hero

It won't be worth spending the money to power them x

Mine shitcoins that are easy hold and sell them in a year

I dunno about that. From what I've seen I could easily charge someone a couple hundred bucks every time they wanted to use it.

But since I really know nothing about the 3d animation world and the various software's used for rendering, I'm trying to find some other instances where computer clustering might be useful.

make a sentient AI network

make a google but where kikes don't steal ur information

that's called askjeeves

Lol there's a thought... not a programmer/web developer tho.

I think in data mining you can combine the processing power of many computers to become more efficient or something.

>I dunno about that. From what I've seen I could easily charge someone a couple hundred bucks every time they wanted to use it.
nobody is going to use your shit farm.

1 actual server would out perform 10 times what you have.

Install massplanner, buy shit load of social media accounts. own an empire

There are plenty of hobbyists and freelancers who have need of a small render farm and cannot afford to pay for the high end shit.

Has it not already been established I'm not pursuing this idea anyways? It was a thought. Go be a miserable fuck somewhere else.

Do this with half and sell the rest. You aren't going to be able to get much from your random collection of machines anyway

I'm getting ~$100 each. Which is fine by me. If that's the route I gotta take then so be it. I just remember back in the day they're used to be more options for selling idle CPU time or VPS's, stuff like that. Now it's all dominated by Amazon and the like. Just wondering if there's a niche out there that hasn't really been saturated yet.

wow sounds like you already know what you're doing

Go fuck yourself. you ask for advice and then shit on it.

go fuck yourself again

Eat my ass with a spoon cockbender. If you and you and the other faggot actually had a reading comprehension level beyond that a grapefruit, you would see from the very first goddamn post that I stated it was an idea CONSIDERED and DROPPED, and strictly mentioned to get people thinking along those lines.

Why the fuck would I want advice about shit I'm not doing you fucking retard? Die in a fire.

Not worth for 3d rendering imo but might be wrong. Can you design software?

Nope.

No one's going to pay for a shit tier "render farm" with a bunch of integrated graphics chips from the late 2000s

depends on the machine but I've noticed buying parts for laptops you can get a lot more parting it out than selling it whole. Probably takes a really long time to sell it off like that tho.

I recently paid $30 for a used mousepad for a $50 laptop. I've paid $15 for a heat sink and $5 for a fan. Screens cost even more. Motherboards and CPU's are fairly expensive compared to the value of the laptop.

no idea how that goes with desktops.

Jesus fucking christ I swear half the people on biz are illiterate.

Yeah I've made quite a bit parting out laptops. I have no problem selling the desktops either, it's just boils down to time. Right now my time is limited... and they are just sitting there losing value. Maybe I'll just hire some high school kid to sit and image them all, that'll save me a bunch.

I know you ask for advice other than "sell them" but in your position I'd try to find a business who'd be interested in buying them as a lot. It's not the best advice but in my opinion they're only losing value over time and any setup for cloud computing will eventually dry off.

If I can't find someone to buy them as a lot I'd probably disassemble them and sell the parts again in lots. Selling 1 old CPU is a totally different market compared to selling a hundred of them imo

Damn son.
I wish I had 100 PCs just to keep in stock. Why dont ya just sit with them till a good deal pops up?

Time/Storage limits?

I knew a guy with about 50 PCs one (he ran net cafes in the philipines). Just to get rid of them he hit up every computer store/print shop/etc in driving distance and said he'd sell em 5 for a grand. He only needed 10 buyers

>having so much resources
>cannot think of any application
Kys, famalam

Mine BURST COIN with HD space.

Thank me later

Id start an internet cafe and pay some nerdy high school kid to babysit it.

Ither than that maybe multibox wow accoubts to sell?

You live anywhere near southeast kansas? I need a few or may buy all?

LOL

I am dying

Build a Beowulf cluster and offer data mining / supercomputing services to businesses and institutions.

Scrape data from the internet, build huge datasets. Analyze the data, find correlations and implications, make impressive graphs and maps. Sell the results.