Canadian with 100k

>Canadian with 100k
>want to invest in U.S. stocks

Direct Investing
>if I use a direct investing account I get taxed 15% on dividends and probably taxed elsewhere

RRSP
>can only contribute 18% of my income every year
>wouldnt be able to build the portfolio I want with a few thousand

TFSA
>like direct investing cannot avoid the 15% tax on dividends
>already conned into investing everything in mutual funds
>cannot reinvest more than 5500 a year without paying a fine

Wish I was an American right now

ya canada blows chunks man fellow canadian here

Lmfao

>TFSA
>>like direct investing cannot avoid the 15% tax on dividends
buy Canadian exchange traded ETFs you retarded mongoloid. Buy VFV and you'll hold the s&p500, denominated in CAD and not pay any tax on gains/dividends.

>>cannot reinvest more than 5500 a year without paying a fine

You can invest your currently accumulated contribution room. Depending on how old you are. If you're 20 it's almost 30k.

>live in marxist non-white country
>expect not to be taxed up the ass for private attempts to build wealth

> (OP)
>>live in marxist non-white country

....???

Canada is more white than the USA. You're literally 56% white.

Buy Canadian Tire. I wish I bought Canadian Tire when I had the chance.

>buy Canadian exchange traded ETFs you retarded mongoloid. Buy VFV and you'll hold the s&p500, denominated in CAD and not pay any tax on gains/dividends.

I'd rather invest in AT&T and companies like that. I've been using practice accounts for 2 years and making lots of fucking money. More than I would investing in VFV, VUN, etc.
I don't trust those things and I'm afraid the canadian dollar is gonna tank soon. I'd rather have holdings in USD.

>You can invest your currently accumulated contribution room. Depending on how old you are. If you're 20 it's almost 30k.
I already invested my 30k.

I foolishly invested in the mutual funds the guy at the bank told me to invest in. I don't think I can change what I invested in at more than 5.5 k at a time.

>swaths of your major cities are now entirely paki or chinese, have signs in foreign languages
>actual no-go zones in downtown toronto and montreal

>I'm afraid the Canadian dollar is gonna tank soon

Then you'd benefit. If it's denominated in CAD you'd make gains due to that. And yes I do think you can withdraw your money and keep your contribution limit, but only next year. You'll need to read up on that.

How is that different from the US that has nigger-infested areas more dangerous than active warzones?

Or literally almost the population of Canada in illegal immigrants?

Or antifa beating up people?

Or niggers burning cities down because a black thug was violent and got shot over it?

Or literal ongoing protests over a democratically elected president?

Chinatown's not that bad

the chinks self-segregate and largely mind their own business.

Because I can still spend my money how I please until faggots like you send more shitskins here to outvote us and change our tax laws to become like cuckada

wow, cause and effect is crazy isn't it?

So you're saying if I'm invested in VFV and the canadian dollar sinks to .50. I'd benefit?

You mean I can get my 30k contribution limit back?

>faggots like you send more shitskins

How are we sending anyone to you? Are you retarded?

Yes to 1). With VFV you're essentially buying the s&p500 with Canadian dollars, so if CAD/USD falls you're making gains.

I think so to 2), read up on TFSA contribution room rules I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I really need to tell you you're importing third worlders at a faster rate than the jews would dream of america or germany or england doing, right?

You are aware you have maybe 9 years until canada is permanently changed into a chink-mongrel marxist state?

lolz only shitskins from canada who go to the US are U Waterloo grads who are 100x smarter than the dude you're replyign to XDDDD

Spotted the shitskin
>canada has a future

Dude Canada is not only safer but also more White than the United States

Have fun getting shot by a nigger lol. Enjoy those Mexicans lol

1. why are you trying to derail the thread to spread ur shitty retardpolitics that anybody born before 1996 would know is completely retarded

2. kill urself. bet ur one of those retards who wants to protect the whiteness of 'murica to honour their ancestors or something lmap enjoy ur coal mine job retard

You can - I had 20k invested in a mutual fund, I withdrew it all from my TFSA and used it to pay a loan.

The contribution room is how much you can put in and take out. So if your cap is $50,000 and you deposit that, you can only withdraw $50,000 without penalty.

But once the money is in the account, you can move it around as you please. I've made at least 20 trades before I settled on mutual funds.

I'm not too sure how accurate that 15% tax you were talking about is, I'd have to look into it.

Forgot to add, once you withdraw the $50,000 you now have a contribution room of $50,000. Its like a credit card balance.

I'm on phone and not gonna bother searching it as I don't care but isn't that only for next year that the contribution room is replenished?

I remember reading that nuisance.

Why not get a friend in America, live with him, and do your stock shit under his name?