/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1009 - Sonic&Eggman SuperStarSaga Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ
go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

now we have two of them

great job guys, you fucked it up

I should probably play the advance games at some point

nope I'm staying here. good thread man

16 days

Blame the newfag for posting one way before bump limit.

There was another one? Didn't see one for 35 posts.

What's considered good OC design? What are the sins of bad oc design?

>What's considered good OC design?
Something that's actually original.
>What are the sins of bad oc design?
Recolour bullshit.

Report the other one, it'll get deleted

Probably the main sin is giving them the same silhouette as a canon character.

Overshadowing or being stronger than the main character for starters. But that's not exactly visible design, it's more mentality of design.

so if I want to make a guy I just have to take a girl character, make them naked. and change them to a different color?

kill me, fat rat

>fast rollercoaster ride through linear levels

You might just be shitposting but in Sonic Team's defense, that was clearly just a parallel or "homage" to Mickey and Minnie Mouse's designs, and they later went out of their way to rectify(?) that with SA1's redesigns. No other characters can be classified as "recolors with clothes", so the other anons' points still stand with regards to how not to design an OC.

Seven Deadly Sins of OC:

Lust: Created solely for shipping with canon characters or copulating
Sloth: Recolor of an existing character and/or retreading backstory
Wrath: Overly violent backstory/design for the sake of edge or cool points
Greed: Making one's char the TRUE main character and not Sanic
Envy: Characters made specifically for lashing out at other OCs or canon characters
Pride: Refusal to find any faults in their character despite Mary Sue level backstory or powers
Gluttony: Making sure everyone else is constantly fellating their character and their actions

CHALLENGE:

Sega have approached you for ideas on a new game to come out in 2018 to celebrate IDW taking over the Sonic comics. The game must be inspired by the Archie comics universe and exists in its own timeline like Sonic Boom, separate from the rest of the games.

What do you do?

I tell them to go fuck themselves because one year is not enough dev time for a good game.

Ask them "Why would a game meant to celebrate the transition over to IDW have to be based in the Archie Comics universe?"

I like this.

It's just hypothetical though.

It's not like it's going to change, it would just be a promotion thing.

Are Pendered characters allowed?

Sure, fuck it.

>parallel or "homage"
it feels like they never stopped doing that. Shadow, Silver, Metal, Amy, Jet, and now Infinite all feel like or started out as "Sonic but they're X". In Infinite's case he's a Shadow "clone"

make a quick handheld game similar to the advance series and have all the important characters show up as playable with semi important having dialogue

Hypothetically, if they were to come up to me in late 2017 and ask for ideas for a game released in 2018, it'd obviously be a set-up so they can shovel out a low budget turd and then point to it as "proof" that nobody wants comic stuff in the games. Therefore I flood the game with everything Penders came up with, as well as a fuck-ton of Wisps.

Hmm, I wouldn't exactly fit Jet in there. Granted, you could call him Sonic sans a moral compass but the little dick actually has a backstory and motivations outside of chili dogs and beating Eggman.

>Lust
I thought the greatest sin for lust was making a girl oc dress extra slutty for the sole purpose of making her appear hot

The sin for lust is me getting horny when you anons post your sexy female OCs.

While a fair point, an OC should be an actual character and not a creator's self-insert cum receptacle.

If we're talking about bad OCs then that definition of lust is pretty accurate. Many OCs only exist to date or have sex with canon characters, however, this does not mean every OC that does this is bad.

Any sins of Vainglory and Emptiness?

What were the anti versions of the freedom fighters like?

Saving for posterity

>hate Amy's personality
>find her attractive anyway
why

which personality? She has wildly luxuriating personalities based off of writers, you're going to have to be more specific.

because her spikes form a cute little bob cut and bob cuts are cute

What do you hate about her personality?

The point is,most Sonic characters seem to be designed around the idea of Sonic. Being his girlfriend, being his dark reflection, his spiritual successor from the future, his robotic doppelganger, etc.

I want Forces to be good
so badly
the OC gameplay looks fun to control but man the level design scares me

Why couldn't it have been Shadow, Chaos, Metal Sonic, and Gemerl? If they were gonna make Chaos and Shadow evil again he could have brainwashed Gemerl again too and he would have been a far more interesting and appreciated replacement for Zavok.

sonic team doesn't care about the advance series

You've officially killed any interest anyone has had in this project. Good job.

Every day until you hate it.

Generic assholes while Anti-Tails was a schemer who ruled out of the limelight and Anti-Amy was a homicidal maniac.

autistic screeching

Modern Sonic looks like the only fun part of Forces. Why have they shown so little of it?

What kind GPU will be needed to run Forces at 1440p 144fps?

they don't want to spoil it. Modern Sonic probably has the most story related content

I wish Sega would send me or someone who frequents /sthg/ a review copy of Forces. How cool would that be. A review by /sthg/ aimed at /sthg/

That doesn't mean much when most of the gameplay shown on the Sonic YT has the HUD and radio comms removed

I'm buying forces for shadow and only for shadow. I'll be plowing through the rest of the game only for the plot

youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ

How not then? Because that's some pretty egregious wish fulfillment.

Watch Sally be in Forces

Watch Sally not be in Forces

If that's the case, RIP Amy.

Going to do some more request work in a few minutes. A Knuckles reaction image was the next on the line up, then Buddy and Sonic hugging.

oh my lord

Imagine if Amy was killed off and replaced by Sally. The fanbase would explode.

yay. can't wait for my hocus pocus request. and good morning or afternoon THP!

Good afternoon! Yours is after Sonic and Buddy, I was tempted to skip aheadto it because it's related to the season, but I didn't want to be unfair.

Should we trust him?

Because while stories that involve OCs being in a relationship with canon characters can easily go wrong. The idea itself isn't inherently bad. Like making a OC who is a canon character's long lost brother oe something. It's a red flag, but its not impossible for good stories and characters to come out of it.

Some canon Sonic characters look pretty bad on paper, but thanks to their designs and portrayals, manage to work out pretty well. Blaze, Shadow, Scourge, and Eclipse are all good examples.

he is a sinister bee

can't trust a "bee" who can repeatedly sting over and over again without dying.
He might be a wasp in disguise.

I'm not connected to the bee

Sonic Team wouldn't do that unless there was some serious money in play and they desperately needed it

I like both sally and amy equally so I'd be sad if they did do that

/r/
>sage in cop uniform writing a ticket for bumping too fast

All those posts in the last thread made me wanna draw this

I'm pretty sure they're desperate as fuck

That would be a horrible decision. I'm fine with Sally joining the canon, but replacing Amy? No way.

Guys Guys Look at my OC! Her name is Amy, because she's based on me, and she's Sonic's girlfriend and loves him so much, and she's magical, she can see the future and she can sense Sonic's location and she has a giant hammer that she can summon and she is super fast like Sonic and her hammer is super strong and she can Fly and she can cause tornadoes and earthquakes and she can paralyze you for 15 seconds and she can turn invisible and

good stuff jadii (?). tumblr?

ignore that. I typed tumblr and meant twitter. already found it

Was this posted before?

No no, like at MY OC! His name is Tails cause he has two tails because he's a mythical kitsune, and he was bullied for it but he's actually Sonic's best friend and he can fly faster than Sonic can run and he's way smarter than Eggman and is way better with technology then him and and and he has lightning powers but he's afraid of it and

No no no, MY OC is the best! His name is Knuckles because of his spiked fists, and he's super strong! He's a martial arts master and he's strong enough to defeat Super Sonic with just one punch, and he has the MASTER Emerald that is way more powerful than all of the Chaos Emeralds and can control their power! And unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle, he'd rather flex his muscles and he loves rap music and

Not sure if I believe this until I can confirm it with my own eyes.

Will Infinite be redeemed?

They run the risk of one of us just saying it's shit or not writing a review at all.

if it's true then I expect an explanation as to why

>that ring placement
what the hell sonic team?

Pathetic. THIS is the Ultimate OC! This is Shadow the Hedgehog, and he is the Ultimate Lifeform! He has all of Sonic's abilities but better, and he has powerful Chaos powers like Chaos Control to warp space and time, Chaos Spears, and Chaos Blast, and he has rocket boots so he can run faster than Sonic, and he's the coolest, way cooler than Sonic, and better than Sonic, and he has guns, and curses, and he hates humanity because they killed his friend Maria but she made him promise to protect humanity so that's what he does even though he hates them all and

I can give you the link to check if you mean the words.

go twitch tv/videos/183770017

If you mean whether the channel is lying...well, can't help you there, I don't have the game.

plus it could be leaked

The OC has a lame lightning shield for a passive I think so placement doesn't matter.

Rosie a cute

Thanks! Yeah it's jadii on twitter.