/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

Ares DoA already, who know :^)

Upcoming servers:
>CATA
Hades - 1x, fully blizzlike with pre-nerf raids and dungeons - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en
hades-wow.com/how-to-connect/

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread

corecraft when

press F to pay your respects to Arse

Are we rolling horde or alliance on cata?

horde

>twinstar

I'm out of the loop. Is Elysium fucking gone? What happened?

look at the mini map

Cant wait to play on BASED Hades with 200 other BASED cata-lovers.

BASED WhiteKidney will save us!!!!!!!

Tauri international v2.0

what server is this

Nost admins were mostly hands-off spergs. Valkyrie Russians immediately turned it into a chink gold selling scheme.

Arse.

Two of the admins admitted to dupling gold and characters to sell them and embezzling money into their paypals so the rest of the staff "took" the project and renamed it Light's Hope.

Honestly it just seems like fake drama because the lead who took it over is equally untrustworthy and will do the same thing plus he already got a few thousand in donations in a day

Reminder that Medivh TBC exists on Warmane, is x1, does not have a cash shop and needs a nice population boost.

how is ares?

prove to me right now crogge and shenna aren't affiliated with light's hope

Dead after 2r hours like everyone expected

It's the 3rd time they've relaunched Ares and it still sucks

> Medivh
L
M
A
O

>population boost

1x TBC is a worse meme than Muh Economy.

>comparing whitekidney to a roastie living off of 500/month in a third-world country

shenna did n-nothing wrong, she's literally dying in the hospital right now because of all this toxic d-drama.

Warmane's scripting is barely if at all better than the TBC mess we've endured since L4G and PlayTBC. No chance I'm bothering with 1x 1-70 with anything less than Gummy quality.

>tfw want to play TBC but realize I have no friends and solo lvling is so boring

Too bad I paid $10 when I was drunk to Warmane one night when it launched so I feel obligated to play there. Is it still alive I havent played since opening day

>White kidney is fucking based bros
he stopped selling gold guys really... Who cares what he sold on nostalrius. please trust me... guys?

ribs :D

h-he's changed i-i-i-t will be different tt-t-t-t-t-this time *coughs up bloog*

so no good tbc server ever?

>I've never played it but it's bad!
>please don't play there!

you spelt honor wrong cucks

it's honour

what if we're big USA fans

That's not how it works.
First you gotta prove they are.

not an argument
have fun with your insta-70 funserver
Quests work, mobs work, dungeons work. I haven't raided yet, but people are pointing out bugs when they find them.
Also,
>Gummy
the quality of shutting down after a few hours

>gearecore
>no na population
>2.4.3 talents
>2.4.3 catch-up mechanics
>2.4.3 itemization
>everything is tuned postnerf for the 2.4.3 patch which was the patch blizzard nerfed everything so casuals could see the content so anything pre-sunwell is a joke
>shit scripting
>bugs
Medivh is a joke of a server

>there are people here who defend warmane

neo-/wpsg/ everyone

>not an argument
Not an argument.

So how's it going on ares? I completely forgot about it until now and I'm wondering if all those people who shilled for it are happy now

>mobs work
what did he mean by this
is the server that bad that this is suppose to mean something?

Meme quality shit server

Totally dead unlike BASED Light's Hope with 9k pop

>no na population
is this a bad thing?

Order of server quality.

Warmane > Elysium/China's Hope > Gummys > All the other random ones > twinstar

If you disagree with that then you are obviously new to WoWPServers

Totally not what I was expecting
>made by twinstar euros
>insta60
Gee I wonder how it turned out to be a bad server

>he doesn't know private server generals began on molten general
hello, neo-/wpsg/

> expecting someone to give an argument to obvious bait

I didnt say they didnt start with old wotlk molten but that doesnt make molten a GOOD server retard

She's European.

why are we all moving to warmane? what's wrong with ares?

Not moving to warmane, but Ares is fucking terrible and even that's generous

Ares is DOA, Light's Hope has opened the flood gates to Chinese botters and has a 3 in 5 bot to real player ratio.

I have a 70 druid on Outland, yesterday I checked if the Socrethar quest in Netherstorm works in spite of 4 months of bug reports: it doesn't.

name a better tbc server retard

It's currently the best TBC option.

So is it worth to start grinding on Light's Hope?

>3DPD reaction image

>lolten
>even halfway decent scripting
pick one
just curious, did they ever manage to fix the lack of green drops?

We're waiting for BASED Hades. Because BASED twinstar will surelly get it right THIS time, right?

>posting a webm from the starter zone on a 5x tbc server
wana know how I know you're new here?

is light's hope a fresh server or just a copy of elysium with all the current characters

they've literally already gotten it right since the realm has be running 4.3.4 for years with all the content released

BASED copy. Remember to thanks BASED whitekidney for his BASED work.

that was from medihv
>new
if by new you mean old and coming back to shitpost because >ares after the dismal failure of gummy and the laughable state of warmeme and spicwow

What’s the best server to play on for vanilla and tbc

then why did everyone play on shitlanpiss :^)

>vanilla
lights hope

>tbc
time travel back to 2007

cause old twinstar cataclysm was czech language server with czech language GMs and czech language population

>time travel back to 2007
how?

They have the same core, it is an absolutely valid criticism that Azeroth content doesn't work on a 1-70 1x server.

Does anyone wanna lvl on Outland?

>already gotten it right
>feel the need to shut it down and re-release
Really makes me think.

Medihv was made for people begging for 1x, the server was never developed for anything less than 5x so why would they spend time fixing caves in azeroth?
I'm waiting for a better server, but we both know there isn't one.

you just need a microwave and a big screen CRT.

why are tbc servers so fucking bad?
i rolled on dalaran (wrath server) 3 fucking years ago, and leveling though azeroth and outland was better there than on any TBC server i've ever seen

why the fuck can wrath servers get this shit right so easily yet dedicated TBC servers still struggle with it?

No, DOA.

lolten shills were always a thing

"based" hades is going to be filled with the same third world monkeys and their gibberish speak and you know it.

>doesn't like FRESH(tm) servers
lmao at ur life kid

Which vanilla to play then? Kronos is too progressed already

want to level on medihv friend?

TBC - Medihv

Vanilla - None

Because Corecraft promised the world to people with perfect scripting so the competition was scared to release their own servers for years because they never knew when it was going to happen. Then it never actually came out and the only other person who was competent with scripting TBC by that happened was Cummy and he's not sharing his code

500 pop and declining by the day

None, it's over.

Play TBC Medihv

That, if any, is dead as fuck

Eh I only want to commit that type of time to a TBC server when I know the population will be good

Its not caves that's the problem. The video shows 3 problems.
1. pet pathing/behavior in general
2. incorrect mob spell damage
3. shitty loot table with only cloaks/wrists dropping from those mobs

Not now that Ares backfired and Elysium died....

People are too afraid to start on an "older" realm, especially warmane

why?

Because people are ahead.

In addition to this, ever since Corecraft turned out to be vaporware, the development cycle of TBC servers has been to download the latest MaNGOS or a trivial fork of it and privately start fixing the same exact bugs over and over again, then dump the server after a month. The best thing that could happen to TBC emulation is the source code of every single private server fork leaking simultaneously.

Reddit & Veeky Forums trashtalk about warmane and others are ahead

how does the progress of others effect you though?

Literal autism. If freshfags aren't in the very first wave of people running MC or kara then the server is too old so they'll spend another month leveling on a new 1x realm ad nauseum.

>lfm kara 10 link achi 6k gearscore imdb credits stackoverflow rating or no inv!!

Not him but a large number of people think that way so it ends up effecting the player numbers, faggots feel the need to jump servers every month because they get bored and want to lvl all over again and do molten core forever

There's no way you're joining a guild or a pug starting a few months behind the curve. If your next solution is that you should organize 30 behind the curve would-be-freshfags to start clearing SSC instead I know you're trolling.

Not him but its just not very exciting to do content on old servers since you don't have as many guilds running the old content and if you do, they're either farming it or usually have some higher geared characters from other guilds in their raids, or they've just recently been farming their content on their mains. And if you're into guild competition, there's a low chance of that happening on an old server unless new content is coming out.

becasue in vanilla you cant find groups for prebis
and in tbc
people will not invite you unless you link achivement and gearscore.