/vn/ - Silk Edition

Visual Novel General #1687

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Which is best choice?

Naturally /vn/ goes with the ChaD choice here.

What vn?

[sweats nervously]

[X] Genuflect

>just got done playing starless
>I have become the king of english translated degeneracy, all hail the scat king
>decide that there's only one way to go from here if I want to go further down the rabbit hole
>thats right, western VNs
>load up the most tumblr looking western piece of shit I can find, something called ladykiller in a bind
I've spent the last hour laughing my ass off. I did not expect this to be funny in anything other than an 'oh god why' sort of way.

I knew I had literal shit taste but I cant be the only one who laughed at this.

loli

Think it's best if you leave user.

No. I'm here to find something even worse to play. I won't be denied.

>ladykiller in a bind

Many western vns have i enjoyed.

pedo

That's cool but EVNs aren't for here

>GUYS LOOK HOW RETARDED I AM HURRR
Go back

I know, that's why I'm not asking for any NERD

lolis = shit
lolibabas = great

Too fucking cute

Stop lewding cute girls

Name a VN with a good lolibaba that has route that isn't Monobeno.

ded thread
ded genre

That would be the starcraft general, user.

K-pop general.

>starcraft
thats not how you spell k-pop idols, user.

K-pop general is always the top thread in /mu/ though.

>open /mu/ out of curiosity
>see this
Are you a wizard?

Dead thread.
POST CUTE GIRLS TO REVIVE THE THREAD!

NEVER EVER

/kpop/ is pretty fucking fast. I think it's the fastest general on /mu/ but that's another story

The cutest.

Damn right

>An OP with Tottemo Pheromone

Am I dreaming right now? There are still people who remember the first generation TLs and G-Collections

Faries are top tier. Shame they usually ruin it by having them grow in size for sex.

>G-Collections
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

That's a cockroach

Don't bully my wife pls

Ennea should have been the third heroine instead of Leica.

I really need to read Demonbane at some point

C;H question
who killed the thugs that attacked takumi?
Kozue?

Great girl in an average VN.

I want to pet that cockroach!

Hey guys, I'm new to visual novels. I just finished my first one : Doki Doki Literature Club and need more. Give me some really good visual novels for newcomers?

Maggot Baits, if you read that you're ready for any VN that comes your way.

Euphoria, Starless

This. Even Nyarlathotep at some point breaks 4th wall and admits Leica route is shit.

Yume Miru Kusuri

read the OP like everyone else you mong

>Maggot Baits
Is this another meme visual novel like Euphoria?
>Euphoria
You know that name sounds kinda familiar (I know because I'm a degenerate). Pretty sure this is from a fucked up scat hentai no?

our OP rec list is pretty old desu

>you mong
pls no bully
Thanks, gonna check this out

Way more guro than Euphoria

Dude, DDLC isn't a VN and if you want to shitpos about it then do it in the DDLC general.

Her voice during this was incredible

I don't know if this is bait or not, but I'll just risk taking it.

What genres are you searching for? Chaos;Child, Steins;Gate, Grisaia, SubaHibi and Muv-Luv (mainly Alternative though, but you need to have read the first one) are titles that are often highly praised by most people, so there's a fair chance you'll like them depending on what genres you like. Those are just some of them though, there are more titles often recommended like Fate/Stay Night, Dies Irae, Root Double, the Infinity series and many more, although these might not be for as many people.

Just go to VNDB and search for genres, or play VNs that tend to be praised (just to get an idea about what to read, this doesn't mean you'll like them, but there's a fairly higher chance you will like them more than Generic Moege #9283498)

Who is this mangagamer shill spamming the twitter feed with nothing but yuri and otome shit?

>Yuuma and Tina seriously having a serious conversation of getting her pregnant

I don't know whether this is cute or lewd anymore

>Caring about twitter

It's old but it's still good. The babby's firsts are still good to be firsts

Kindred Spirits is on sale. They usually do this on such occassions

Why are you following twitter.

>Cum inside every time
>Girl never gets pregnant

>bait
On Veeky Forums? What on earth could you be talking about? no
In all seriousness it's not bait, just looking for intersting Vns

Does Doki not count as a real VN?

If I had to guess, it's because since it's the weekend, this is usually when they post their TL status updates

In 2D land, girls choose when they want to get pregnant (except in rape nukige).

I love the fact that they explore such topics as well as incest in sakusaku.

It's both

>> Does Doki not count as a real VN?
As our OP says "This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels". Note the "Japanese" part. DDLC is an English original visual novel, or EVN, which this is not the thread for. Also DDLC has it's own general

japanese men are really infertile. That why they have such a low birth rate.

The fact that you're here asking for VN recs and not spewing autistic poetry in /ddlc/ is already a good first step

>That why they have such a low birth rate.
I think that has a couple of separate problems.

Also I love in VNs whenever someone brings up Japan's birth rate. So self-aware

>cum inside
>girl scolds you for getting her pregnant

ALL HAIL METATRON

Got it
I wasn't really interested in the poetry aspect of DDLC desu, just thought the story and execution was neat
plus I'm not that autistic

Depends on what you consider a "real VN". Some people won't consider it a "real VN" because it's a EVN (English Visual Novel) or OELVN (Original English Language Visual Novel), and these have a reputation of being really/extremely bad. If you don't care about that though, they would be considered a VN unless you add some other factor in.

You could try to start with whichever of the VNs I replied you with grab your attention the most. These VNs tend to be quite long though, some surpassing 50 hours and even 70 hours on average. You could always try other shorter ones first if you'd like, Saya no Uta would be a good start if you want short VNs (categorized as 2-10 hours in VNDB, so you have some kind of reference) before getting into long ones.

There's some kind all kind of VNs too. From the examples I wrote, SubaHibi touches philosophical themes and almost seems like the author SCA-DI actually made a thesis and then a game out of that thesis. Then you have Dies Irae, which might seem like it tries to approach this same kind of thing at first, but it's actually quite the chuuni story, with characters purposefully trying to make everything seem deeper than it is just because they think it looks cool, and while the story doesn't just revolve around this factor, it certainly doesn't try to go for this philosophical approach like SubaHibi does, serving as a comparison of how wide the medium of VNs is.

>Why are you following twitter
For the slightest hope of any suki suki announcement

SRIRACHA MEDUSA WHEN?

Thanks, guess I'll start with G-Senjou no Maou since my download of Yume Miru Kusuru failed.
Alright, judging by the responses EVNs are frowned on so I'll stick with translated JVNs

I haven't seen eden* mentioned in months sadly.

And still to this day, I have to ask the same question as to when this was first made. Why is Cannonball there? It's not particularly good or interesting and we didn't talk about it for too long. I can only assume it was because the chart was made soon after it was released

Oh it's that tentacle lover again

>since my download of Yume Miru Kusuru failed.
Where did you download it from? There are plenty of choices in the OP pastebin and I just checked and the one on nyaa is still active

You should still check out YMK tho

I mean you *can* try EVNs, but the problem is that the only people who actually writes them are weebs who don't know shit about narrative and simply thought they'd make one because they wanted to write their own "anime story".

You can also try Katawa Shoujo, which was written by a group made of anons, and it's not that bad. Definitely not a masterpiece in my opinion, but it's a decent read and one of the few good EVNs, so you can give it a try.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

その目、神の目。

I'll probably do it eventually, I just have shit internet and a low attention span
>IGG Games
>inb4 cancer, I know
I'll download it eventually, wanna check out G Senjou first
I'll take a look

Just don't go in expecting to fuck your sister.

>神

僕を見るな。

I'm angry again, thanks.

>JOP wannabes

Nor the real best girl

>僕

In this general, we use 我

I loved her route.