Frugal General

How do you guys go about being frugal and generally just saving money on unnecessary shit? Morally dubious methods are welcome.

Some of the tactics I currently employ:

>buy a super thick duvet, throw on floor, cover in blankets as needed and use as a bed; faster and easier to make than a bed, costs only 5% as much and is just as comfy
>pretty much only ever drink water, healthy and free
>take caffeine tablets instead of drinking coffee, if coffee is desired buy in bulk and put in a thermos rather than buy super expensive shit while out and about
>split wifi/internet bill with next door neighbour, don't own a TV or landline because who needs that shit anymore
>buy ingredients on their own and cook your own food rather than buy stupidly expensive ready meals
>pay for prostitutes rather than have the constant financial drain of a girlfriend, also more free time to work on your career
>don't have any friends so no need to waste money and time on things such as fun or hobbies
>library passes these days are practically free, use it as a place to work on a laptop for free, no unnecessary expenditure on heating, lighting or electricity, some even have showers or will allow access to a gym shower if you really want to be a scrounger
>steal money from beggars

There's plenty more out there but those are just some sensible ones to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5jBbfYG90
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>steal money from beggars

Thanks brah, will try it the next time I'm out.

Some tips:

>live at home with your parents
>buy a cheap Honda Civic that is 10 years old and drive it until it dies
>invest in da stock market
>live a spartan/minimalist life
>go to the strip club and pay for 1 beer; instead of getting a lap dance just go near a stripper and sniff her pussy.

>>buy a super thick duvet, throw on floor, cover in blankets as needed and use as a bed; faster and easier to make than a bed, costs only 5% as much and is just as comfy

Buying a fucking $1000 bed is a meme (maitress + bed frame) just get the duvet is great advice.

Also

>buy a used 3 years old flag ship phone for a fraction of the price ($200-300)
>Don't put a SIM in it, instead just use wifi to call
>Get a pernament VoIP local phone number for $5 per month using Hush App
>This tip alone saves you thousands of dollars

>pay for prostitutes rather than have the constant financial drain of a girlfriend, also more free time to work on your career
A prostitute is pretty expensive where I live so I'd go with a girlfriend also because men here aren't expected to buy them shit because they have their own money.
But if I was you I'd probably change the prostitutes with boipucci or fat women
>don't have any friends so no need to waste money and time on things such as fun or hobbies
That's sad :( Friends are good to have! it is possible to have fun with friends without using money.
>library passes these days are practically free, use it as a place to work on a laptop for free, no unnecessary expenditure on heating, lighting or electricity, some even have showers or will allow access to a gym shower if you really want to be a scrounger
this one's pretty good.
>steal money from beggars
Rude! That is so sad

I will add:
>never buy food out! prepare food at home for work etc.
>buy food in bulk to save money when there's cheap offers.
>buy used clothing in second hand stores and used books on amazon
>look in the ''forgotten things'' box for new clothing and accessories
>use the gym at your work/school instead of a regular gym membership
>DONT FUCKING SMOKE CIGARETTES
>Don't go clubbing
>don't do drugs
>use a bike instead of bus or car

It's a good idea to use a duvet. you could also put a pallet under so that it is lifted just a little bit above the floor

>charge all battery powered devices at uni or library
>use public wifi to torrent
>make the computers at uni mine cryptocurrency
>rescue old uni computers from trash bins, salvage components and sell them on ebay
>dig trash bins for free food during winter
>don't use fridge during winter
>visit mom/grandma often for free lunch and some "money for bus"
>walk/bike everywhere
>wash clothes manually
>only buy meat when it's on discount
>don't use lights, laptop screen lights the room
>use piss to give plants free nutrients

>go to the strip club and pay for 1 beer; instead of getting a lap dance just go near a stripper and sniff her pussy.

>make the computers at uni mine cryptocurrency
You can and will get kicked out for this if you read your student charter.

>charge all battery powered devices at uni or library
This one's good
>visit mom/grandma often for free lunch and some "money for bus"
RUDE! That's kinda heartless
>walk/bike everywhere
This one's good
>wash clothes manually
Does this really save money?
>use piss to give plants free nutrients
I'll try this one

I decreased my electricity bill by 5 euros by unplugging wash machine completely. It consumes electricity even when it's not doing anything.

Unplug every device that is not used at that moment. Those "sleep" and "stand-by" modes are insidious.

I'm frugal not because I force myself but as a result of who I am.
The idea of home ownership disgusts me, I hate children and animals, I don't enjoy traveling in the US or abroad, I hate cars and only see them as an appliance, I refuse to engage in consumerist culture, I pirate just about everything. I don't enjoy going out, I don't enjoy being around people. I eat healthy and exercise to minimize healthcare expenses. As a result my savings rate is like 90%.
When you eliminate all those things you have very little to spend money on.

just flip the breakers in your house when out to save loads of electric

Don't pee on your plants, it will kill them

I enjoy doing a lot of the stuff you guys are saying not to do, like I enjoy having my own space and spending lots on rent for lots of square footage for me and my wife and getting to use my private computer at home and all that and not have to go to a library or anything.

But I still manage to save thousands and thousands with my job every month so I don't really see the problem.

Average 21 year old here.

So what do you do for fun?

nothing, I haven't had fun since junior high

Kek
Respect man

I agree with you. Materialism isn't fulfilling

Neither is your dick.

>catch some fish for free food
>make biodegradable bags out of newspaper
>practice haggling

>get a gf who cooks and cleans and expects nothing but cock and cuddles
>only drink water
>havent bought new clothes in 4 years
>buy a vpn and pirate anything you might want
>develop hobbies that dont cost anything or actually generate income
>get free food from the food bank

ive enjoyed having money more than spending money for a long time now

Current tactics:
Don't buy a car that's worth more than 2000 dollars regardless of how much you make.
Paying for furniture is for suckers.
Alcohol is for suckers.
Buying is better than renting.
Purchasing art is silly.

shitty tactics
I hope your mortgaged house isn't covered in anime posters

All the knowledge you need is right here:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5jBbfYG90

>When I go number 1, I flush every OTHER time.
> Take speed showers. Under 4 minutes including brushing teeth.
>use plastic grocery bags as mini trashbags, so I don't have to buy any.

Just kill yourself

Why wouldn't you just chop your dick off. It saves all that money from prostitutes and dating?

why

>Addicted to hookers
>No GF
>No friends
>No hobbies
>"No fun"

OP, that sounds fucking depressing man. I also avoid spending money on stupid bullshit, but I also enjoy spending money on meaningful things, like fulfilling hobbies and people that I love, not to mention investments.

No matter how much money you have piled up in your bank account, you only have one life, and you're only getting older.. How much longer do you plan to live the "frugal lifestyle"?

>tfw I bought a 500k house and own it
>tfw khv so it's just filled with anime posters and art all over the place
>tfw nothing better to do when not working

>shower, shave, and brush teeth in the shower to save water.
>reuse water when boiling foods for rice
>shave your butthole so you can use less toilet paper when wiping
>buy an old stick shift and coast in neutral as long as possible
>don't use soap when washing dishes, use the dish water to make soup
>apply to large companies with fake credentials until they give your an on-site interview for a free vacation

>coast in neutral
That actually uses more gas, cars now cut fuel supply entirely if you are above 900rpm while in gear and foot off the gas.

Why not just live in a cardboard box too? cheaper than walls

The added benefit of using a cushion for a bed is that you can roll it up during the day to save space. This is especially useful if you live in a tiny space.

I used to sleep on an airbed.

>Buying a fucking $1000 bed is a meme (maitress + bed frame) just get the duvet is great advice.

I brought a second hand queen sized bed for fucking 100 dollars, a new duvet and sheets cost this much alone, why not buy second hand?

So what do girls think when they see your duvets, faggots? Oh wait.

>Mfw based retards living """"frugally"""" are too stupid to remember that there is such a thing as quality of life.

>not getting an authentic nippon Futon to sleep on
f**k your duvet

Fap 3 times a day and eat your own cum. Self Sustaining!!!

If you have a baby look around for consignment sales. A local church here does one twice a year where you can get stuff like cribs and strollers for a fraction of the price of new ones.

This 100%

Fuck. Being brainwashed to soend and poor was hell. I figure i am halfway between poor and making it at 31. Life is hard but getting better.

I gotta go drink beer with 2 millionairs and talk about "that shitty investment he just bought making 4k a month on 50k."

Laugh at a millionair and buy his case of beer as a joke because i know he is poor.

Kek.

Not sucking dicks here. Know them well and made it very clear i refuse to ask them for a job unless i am desperate, ask them for a loan ever, aske them for money ever.

I will get rich. And if they care they will come to me. Otherwise there are a ton of other oportunity.

One gave me a ride from the bar after telling me i was an idiot and giving me a bill. Said invest it and stop being a dumbass.

In hindsight its solid advice. But i aold shit i didnt need and got it. So fuckit. Bar night.

I put that bill with a written quote and date in an envelope. Investing in the preipo that made his company what it is if i can get rich before they launch. Will send an anonymous letter annually with a statement. I invested $100 in you and when you die the grown amount will be equally split among your children.

Hopefully it makes millions....

The fuck am I reading?

You should also save some time and just go ahead and kill yourself, you grumpy fuck.

Most of this shit is autistic NEET bullshit. If these idiots do this stuff long term they will be physically and socially unhealthy.

But why are you a 21 year old and married? What are you retarded?

>men here aren't expected to buy them shit
Here neither.
I always wonder where this meme comes from.

>saving money washing clothes manually
Yeah it does actually. Between this and not using a dryer, it saves me around $10/mo. Hanging clothes really isn't that bad once you get used to it. The Japanese are way ahead of us on this.. some crazy high number of their households don't even own dryers.

>Don't buy a car that's worth more than 2000 dollars regardless of how much you make.
I've laid under enough cars replacing rusted out brake/fuel lines in freezing cold to tell you, that tactic gets old after a while.

So you're a butthole slave for some rich dudes basically?

>Take cold showers.

Saves you water, and wakes you up better than caffeine. Also better for you, but we're talking frugal here.

> i m living a miserable life but at least i saved a few dollars ;)
Fuck you faggots you disgust me. you belong in r9k

>preparing food saves money
By wasting time on it I actually am losing money by preparing it.

beds occupy too much real estate. They are cons.

>implying fliffing money away on material possessions brings fulfillment

what am I saving time from

1 gallon of cold water and 1 gallon of hot water is the same amount of water

I hope you meant "saves you electricity"

>what is steam

He could have a gas heater, which are cheaper, like a civilized man.

people also spend less time thus water under cold water than warm water

Or you could save time, and make money doing other ventures.

>implying spending your time trying to keep your miserable capital doing gay shit like sleeping on the floor, having no sexual life, pissing on your plants (drink it to save water ;) ), etc. brings fulfillment
The truth is that you are more obsessed with money than the most capitalist but because you think that you're a "good person"(read a bitch nigga) you choosed to not increase your income but to reduce your spendings going to ridiculous extents of fedora-ness. The worst is that you try to romanticize your mental illness; you prolly think that you live like an ancient samurai and that drinking your own piss is a "spiritual experience ". Stay poor, stay cucked.

>make money doing other ventures
$12/hr to hang my own clothes ain't bad. I get to be my own boss too which is nice.

This sounds like it was written by the guy in Memento

Thrift shops.

Get your household shit there ($3.00 for an electric kettle as opposed to like $20, etc.).

Flip cool shit you find at the thrift shop via Kijiji or a flea market. Maybe Amazon but selling locally costs the least.

Frugality is retarded, just make more money.

the testosterone is made in the balls, so that wouldn't work

>>don't use soap when washing dishes, use the dish water to make soup
that's fuckin' awful

lay off the grog

No I didn't, but that's a good point.

This too, if we're being extra frugal

The only man who got it. Possibly the only man who's taken a cold shower.

Frugality is the solution to be able to invest more time in serving yourself than in serving other people (work).

Most important things in life aren't taken care off with money when you're above a threshold.

Underrated post

Find a girl that makes money and doesnt spend it on shit like new clothes and new cars.

If you both save 80% you can have each others company and pool more money. You probably will need to upgrade from your double walled corrugated cardboard box, and your duvet on a pallet. But if you are lucky she will have a bed and house you can use.

Im 32 and looking at being debt free within 2 months. Will own 5 bedroom home outright.
Also have two kids, a dog, and two chickens.

Try and find happiness. Half of you have the wron focus. Trying to mimise expenditure, rather than generating income. One will make you money, the other will waste your time.

Try and make more money, either by getting a better job, getting a second job, or getting a hobby that makes money.

Cuck detected.

>dude settle down and have kids lmao
Enjoy your divorce and going full JUST thanks to losing half your worth and paying alimony.

Dumbest post I've read for a while.

>What is density
cold water would be more.

Child with abandonment issues.

Your father wasnt around much was he?

Its not your fault

If it happens it happens

Never said it was for everyone. Im happy and enjoy my life.

>chickens
As pets or does that fit into the fugal lifestyle somehow?