/sqg/ - 世界樹の迷宮 / Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!uJZz1DAL!aGRZheASNUTQamrhdSVfriZ9LaGxJdc63QuPPiHk0aA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/rturlce.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Is wraith dance any good?

cute potato

powerful horse birb

>find Jenette on f3
guys my heart cannot take anymore of this woman.

How exactly many crystal monsters are in stratum 4?

>Stardust instakill disregards Aegis Shield

good, because youll be going on an adventure with her
3 for each of the elements. its 5 drops between then, 2 on volt 2 on fire and 1 on ice

>undead king at low health
>takes flight and hides behind two new skelotons
>Wing Thrash outspeeds his shield
>dies because of the increased damage
Rover is such a great class.

>Hey me and my sister are having a contest on who can collect more semen. care to help me win?

>...because you've got a bone to pick!

I miss them.

and the last one is on 18 I think, not 17

Sounds like one hell of a CUMpetition!

i think its on 19F actually. either way, hold onto the quest until you find the ice crystal

i miss them too. real bad. they and the full on beasts in EO II are the only characters i've been attached to. i don't care to give generic anime characters any backstory. my only roleplaying i do is imagining battles, that's it...

Are therians just half human half bushi?

furfags get out

wow a generic anime girl with animal ears, so cool.

yiff in hell

>Sky Dive
>AW SHI-
>boss dies
>have to resummon hawk

Dumb bird.

>get cursed
>blood wrath activates
and thus sums up my entire experience with the 5th stratum

>not liking generic anime girl with animal ears
What are you, a fag?

>want to scan QR codes so i don't have to see conrad's fucking faggot face for every single event
>none of them are scanning
>only one that scanned wasn't for my region (EU)
They could've at least provided a guide outline or something so I know how far away to hold the fucking thing.

yeah it's gay to be bored with shit you've seen 2,000,000 times

>teleports behind you
how do you hit this?

any move ignoring accuracy or leg bind/status

wouldnt certain clothes actually make you move faster?

The fun part is that the programmers clearly know that the hawk not returning is a bug, but yet they were so lazy they kept it and put a note telling the player about it instead.

>Bind her legs with my superior LUC
>Take a breather
>Leading blow in her womb
>Take responsibility and marry her
>She was luring me all along
Damn, I guess Nene truly is invincible...

kaishaku

It's pretty dang cute.

It's just mad you stole its kill

Wait what the fuck if the enemies die before sky dive the birb just...stays in the air? That's hilarious.

US

the bird removes itself from the game when it uses sky dive, its literally not in your summon row. So if the battle ends it doesnt resummon itself

>celestrians always shit up stratum if they get involved

thats a really cute girl reaper you have...

>Kaiba doesn't have acid green hair

EOV has a surprisingly light-hearted tone for the series, huh. Just a bunch of guys climbing a fat ass tree and also Conrad is there.
Main story final boss theme is really fucking good though.

FUCK I'll fix that

Utena

I guess that way is a lot simpler to program than making the bird not part of the battle for 3 turns whilst simultaneously being part of the summon row.

female voice + gender neutral portrait = female

so yeah you are right on the money with your comment

How hard of a time will I have adjusting playing the games in reverse order?

I've only ever played bits of EO3, 4 and EOU prior to this. Got to stratum 4-5 on each before getting burnt out and eventually losing my save, cartridge or system.

on the brightside your bird also has full life when it comes back

I heard like 5 seconds of it and it was just chanting whilst on youtube. I really wanna hear it and the 5th stratum theme since apparently they're really good but at the same time I know in 11 days I'll have the game in my hands.

>Pug, Masuro and Botanist die
>Hippogryph at 2% HP
>Warlock with no TP and Necro with no wraiths alive
>that turn I get 100% Union back up
>double attack for chip damage to kill him
WEW
That was fucking close
I'm gonna have to think about second names to avoid this again
Coming only from 2 strats of EOIV on Normal, this is really hard

Maybe I should just rationalize it in-world, like the hawk flew so high within 3 turns it would probably get lost without a whistle blow.

Kinda like my mental image of a Dragoon butting in with another Dragoon's shield to use Gunmount.

>68 INT

I don't get what to do with my evoker necro. Even with wraith mastery maxed, they still do low damage

Truly using that noggin for god's work.

the wraiths themselves are suppose to take damage not deal damage

I think he's telling you he wants to be your potato fuccboi.

wraiths dont do damage unless you go Grave build. Wraith Mastery + Wraith Dance for paralyzes

EOU/EOU2 and EOV are pretty much on the same level qol wise. It's only IV and 3 which'll be needing adjustment. I played IV after finishing EOU and I got used to it within an hour, though the lack of floor jump and running was sometimes...annoying? Maybe it would be better to say I would miss it now and again. If you wanna check you can boot up any of the 3ds games past IV and not run, plus put the battle speed low to see what it's like.

Haven't played 3 yet.

So, dragoon with auto roar, divide guard and Grave.
ok

if you get a second necromancer, you can also combo with wraith dance which makes the counter attacks hit 3 times. Its a fucking shredder

>Shield Pasmid Wipes my team Turn 2
God I fucking hate counters

>FOE is so big it can see you through "walls"
Jesus christ, those fucking lions

Also, among the gun skills (rapid, curse, hypno), which one is the most useful ? Currently spending points on hypno

Dodge/1kat/Barrage Pug
Dragoon/
Need help with last backrow and what dragoon should be. I can't decide, I've been at it for an hour save me.

We need a bun edit for this

>Dodge
>Backline Dragoon
Choose 1

what exactly do you want to be your damage core in this? You have like 3 supports and one Nene at this point.

why do people still put the dragoon in the back

>That Wraith FOE in the other part of 13F

I know it's like fighting a Golem or whatever other "extra" FOE, but damn son oneshotting the party with normal spread attacks. At least give it a recolor so I don't lower my guard thinking it's yet another shitty Wraith.

About to fight the stratum 4 boss.
After seeing everyone complain I have to ask, is it really that awful?

- bad description in game
- people used to putting tanks in the back to reduce damage taken without knowing EOV it also reduces the chances of enemies targeting it

I'm going dodge/barrage/1kat/broker/poisoner and I'm at the sixth stratum still kicking.
Just fucking pick and go, any team can be viable, you'll know what to do on the road, and resting is not a fucking problem at all, I already did it 3 times

I went for broker in my second, so I guess I'll skip that

see for yourself, explorer

>just found memory conch
huh. this is neat.

My team:
Dragoon
Pugilist
Masauro
-
Warlock
Botanist

What should I conch? Shaman or Rover?

It's not a backline class?

anyone know how much boots increase action speed, if at all?

+15

you put the conch on an active party member and everyone on the bench gets 10%

+2 I think

Would you guys rate EOVs stratum themes overall as better or worse than EO1U/EO4s?

no, see it has to be on the active party to work, it spreads i think either 1/2 or 1/4 exp to all of your inactive members

Rapid has the most damage and is can out speed rare enemies, so it’s pretty handy. I don’t really like hypno because if you’re using it to set up buster it resets your gun revenge count. It’s not bad by any means otherwise, granted.

which Brownie is the boy and which is the girl?

I remember playing the demo and thinking the Conch worked the way you also thought it did. It doesn't, you put it on an active team member.

Ahahah, who knows! Also, while at it, try to beat it before turn 10, if you feel like it of course. I expect great things from you.

Can anyone write me title id of eo v usa because 3dsdb.com is off?

They are whatever you want them to be, user.

I don't know.
I'm thinking of reclassing dodge to deathguard for debuffs and to bring into frontline for it's nuke and turning 1kat to 4kat.

Dragoon/4kat/barragepug
Deathguard/

but only one can get pregnant

the death guard idea is good, but you dont go both cannon and 4kat, you either go cannon and 1 kat or shield and 4kat. The 5th is Shaman in either of those

The one that's revealing some leg is the girl

just check titlekeys

Both if you try hard enough!

So
Cannon/1Kat/BarragePug
Deathguard

Which shaman?

0004008c001c5100

herald
I run that party with a necro instead of a pug but harbinger should work too with erosion for the pugilist

Herald usually. You mostly just want dance oracle but all the passive heals are great for tanking until the buster cannon goes off

Damn, I just thought I finished up my EOV party.

Picked;
Masurao/Pugilist/Harbinger
Shaman/Dragoon

I really want to use Masurao and Harbinger but I heard Pug brings the big dick deeps