/bfg/ - Battlefield General

i don’t know why i keep doing this edition
>>>LINKSPLATOONSFAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ys4q3LauLQ)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For whatever fucking reason, Battlefield 1 Revolution is cheaper than Battlefield 4 Premium. Then again, I am an Origin Access member.

Don't you die on me, soldier

I think we need to wait until December for a full revive. DLCs always bring back a few posters. I think there’s just like 10 of us posting in every thread right now and it’s obviously not enough to cut it

>DLC is called In the Name of the Tsar
>only half of the maps included take place when the tsar was in power

LOGIN BF4
ON ME

expe3ctiong anyone at ea have a brain on a dead game

>finally unlocked every single gun yesterday (including the level 10 variants) and I had nobody to tell

is anybody here able to connect to the CTE servers? are they down or are they just youtuber and developer exclusive now?

You can tell us. It’s game related and will buy us a little bit of life.
What was the most annoying one to unlock for you?

there wasn't a thread up;_;

But yea, it was probably the hellriegel defensive, I had just finished the 300 huot kills and the hellriegel felt too easy. felt like an asshole shitter the whole 300 kills.
plus it's just not fun to use at all

people complain about the HE tripwire kills but I thought it was really fun finding creative ways to get kills with them

I fucking hate the hellreigel too

Okay I bought Premium when do I get the service assignments for the DLC weapons?

you can see the assignments in the loadout screen when you click on the DLC weapons

Automatico doesn't bother me all that much honestly. The Hellriegel though, god damn. Besides planes getting killed by a Hellriegel user is the thing that'll wear me down and aggravate me more than anything else in this game.

These service assignments are going to be the end of me, I just know it.

>tfw you get all but one of the kills from behind the sniper shield THREE MATCHES IN A ROW
I wish I was good at this video game instead of just replaying my bf4 offensive recon highlights

I can't tell whether I like BF1 or BF4 more.

They’re both good in their own ways

So how big do we think the Heligoland and Zeebrugge maps will be?
How much will be open water and how much will be land?

I personally think that the Zeebrugge map will be a 3 point conquest map, not very large.
Heligoland depends on how much of the island is available

Friendly reminder bad company 2 is still the best battlefield game ever made and anyone who disagrees is a straight up fucking pleb

>one of the new weapon unlock requirements is 50 kills with the huot
>mfw my body is ready

Ded gam

A friend's been asking I get Battlefield 4 and play with him. I can't say I've played any of the games. How active is B4 still?

ded general
how many will we see tomorrow?
I'm going to bed

What the fuck? You’re on PS4 aren’t you? That’s really strange. Sometimes the servers just clear themselves out for no reason though. I was playing conquest the other day and it was full at the start. Midway through it emptied down to 10 vs 8

2142 was objectively better

>Operations now appears in the server browser
>There is one full game and one other game with 15 people
Operations is dead.

>'''''new''''' weekly medals await
I have been bamboozled for the last time.

bump

What are your general opinions on BF1? I honestly hated it from the first second of the beta. Put in quite a few hours anyway, but I never truly enjoyed it. Ended up quitting completely after ITNTT came out.

For all its problems I still think BF4 was the superior game and going to BF1 felt like a complete downgrade in everything except graphics. The weapon mechanics, vehicle balance, and the gimmicks like behemoths and elites all make this game play like shit.

Every single fucking time I shutdown and Origin is running:
>"The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: Origin.exe"
YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Who else here /shitter/? When I’m low on health and know I can’t win the next gun fight, I hit the redeploy button to prevent the energy from getting a kill.

Ok

So what the fuck do I do with the big heavy bomber

The complete opposite here bf4 is the worst game I played in my life I’m serious

Heaver bomber is a useless gimmick just like cavalry is now that you have no armor while dismounted.

Dice for what ever reason can't into server browsers. half the time I can't find servers I like in the regular browser while I can always locate them in my history or favorites. This is regardless of whether or not I'm using filters or not.

It varies too, some people don't have this problem, and some have it worse. It's been this way since bf3 (when they first introduced battlelog) and has been fucked ever since.

The only people worse than the battlefield 2 elitists are the bad company 2 fags. BC2, while a fun game, was a battlefield game in name only.

Guess I'm a brainlet.

Hellriegel really isn't that great of a gun. You can get away with a shit ton more using the mp18

Battlefield 4 was just so congested with shit no one was ever going to use. A redundant level of guns, Assault/medic was miles better than the other classes and engineer is only viable if there are vehicles to take care of, supports are memers, recons are trolling. Don't get me wrong I really had fun with the game, but it was all fucked up. Hard as it is to believe BF1 is more balanced than bf4 ever was.

>BC2, while a fun game, was a battlefield game in name only.
you are fake news

>Huot
>Benet-Mercie
>P08
>Russian Trench

I never thought I'd see another person with as autistic tastes as myself.

Extremely unpopular opinion, but removing prone was the best thing BC2 did.

i really like the aesthetic
plays like a fun WW2 game
wish it played more like a WW1 game
way too many automatics and prototype weapons
forced diversity where it isn’t historically accurate (brit and kraut blacks; russian women on any map set before or after 1917) really grinds my gears
surprisingly shallow progression system for a modern big budget shooter. the recent addition of specializations and the stupid assignments required to get them are equivalent to putting a band-aid over a large wound

The games were small, the maps were linear horse shit designed for rush (we're dealing with a similar problem now) Helicopters were impossibly maneuverable, there were no jets to counter them. Often the vehicles you had access to felt like an after thought and went down easily.

Don't get me wrong I love the game, it restored my hope after the enormous disappointment that was 2142. Just didn't feel very battlefieldy, but bf3/4 do. So does bf1.

>but removing prone was the best thing BC2 did.
I see this said all the time but I fail to understand what the presumably fixed.

>after the enormous disappointment that was 2142

What didn't you like about 2142?

Rush is a good gamemode desu.

It was basically a reskin of Battlefield 2 with one amazing gamemode but a whole hell of a lot less content for the game. It also introduced the stupidly long grind and simplified the 7 classes down to 4.

I genuinely have to wonder if these specializations are worth the effort.

The ones that seem way better than the others are getting smoke down on anyone you intend to revive and Perimeter Alarm. Also Outgoing Suppression.

But God damn these requirements...

My last Battlefield was 3, I skipped the DLCs post B2K and I skipped BF4; BC2 is my most played title
Played the Beta, It felt exactly like the 2015 Battlefront: ADAD spam, skill-gap compression with no reward for skill, no tactics or strategy, forced but fake action
Played the trial on Origin ~6 months ago: Sniper spam with all of the above

Now that I own it with ~120hrs I still feel like I haven't played the game
Extremely low TTK with ADAD+slide spamming reduces the gameplay to CoD
ADS is a meme unless you're a Sniper, Assignments 'Achieve X with Y' are painful, 98% of weapons are memes and the other 2% are OP
The following don't exist: Any game mode except Conquest, Balance, Map design, hit detection, rewards for team-work, counter-play

I just want to play the game, instead I'm forced into bad spawns (miles behind a flag or poorly placed squad) where I'll die to an OP weapon in

My accuracy randomly jumped from 25% to 27% after 30 days played. Did they adjust accuracies or something? That’s quite a jump considering I’ve played a lot already

>Helicopters were impossibly maneuverable
helicopters in bc2 were the least maneuverable theyve ever been

Welcome to the new Battlefield, my man. DICE figured out they could make way more money by making a game for your average casual player, so they did just that. They've been shooting for the lowest common denominator ever since the advent of the Frostbite engine. BF1 is just the most egregious iteration.

simply not true

Well what game should I play if I want to get the BF3/4 of BC2 experience again?
All of those are dead in Australia

Yeah, it was 18 on 18 when I joined on Monte Grappa, then 12 on 8 when Empire's Edge started. Once we started the three point sector, we were down 3-4 guys I think. After the first battalion was lost (which took an hour to get through) we lost a couple on our side but they lost nearly everybody and it turned into a curbstomp.

bump

That’s really unfortunate. Do you just use the find operation button? Or server browser? Also what’s your region? I’ve never had that problem with operations. But then again for some reason I always get put in US or JP servers even though I’m in east Europe. Those servers tend to be more populated

Fake news. You don't remember them flying in impossibly tight circles over your spawn? Damn near impossible to hit them with a tracer, even then it was still difficult to get your locked on rocket to hit them. Fucking goofy.

see
I'll also add that commander is one of the worst additions to battlefield ever and I was sad to see it come back into bf4, even in its neutered form.

I like attack and defense, and really enjoyed rush in bc2 because it was really good with smaller player counts, but it simply doesn't fit with battlefield. Operations is much better. This is completely arbitrary I know, but it's just how the games felt to me.

How the fuck do I git gud at this game on PS4? I feel like I'm just spawning and then dying immediately.

Copters in BC2 were manoeuvrable but had a lot of inertia unlike BF3 and 4 where they turn like a feather

>Damn near impossible to hit them with a tracer
So you can't aim
>even then it was still difficult to get your locked on rocket to hit them
No it wasn't, if they had CM even, you can lock and CM's do nothing against the RPG even after you fire it

YOUR WOUNDS, I CAN FIX THEM

I enjoy the slow rpm lmgs way more than the fast ones, and I don't like to lay around with a bipod.
Once I got 200 kills with the P08 I figured I would take it as far as possible.

I chose that specific Operations, no server browser. I'm US East and got connected to that same location. Both maps together lasted from 11:30ish PM to around 12:50 AM.

>I feel like I'm just spawning and then dying immediately

that's the game

>stick around to keep the thread alive
>or actually go play the game
hmm

>commander is one of the worst additions to battlefield ever
Commander hasn't been good since 2142, but when the commander was a killable player with destroyable assets it was an excellent piece of the game. iPad mode is shit, tho.

>all these people on youtube talking about the crouch slide "finally" being nerfed and how much it was being abused
>mfw I've been using it constantly since launch and didn't even know it was a thing that people were complaining about
I'm not even mad, I don't feel like it's giving me much edge anyways. but I've never heard you complain about it, was it just reddit?

after playing the future CoDs, the crouch slide in this game is nothing in comparison

I barely used it in an offensive sense, I find that a lot of times it's just about the most handy thing when it comes to reviving lots of people quickly when there's lots of ground to cover. Only other times I use it is when it comes to resupplying players or getting away from enemy fire around a corner or something. Honestly sad to see it go really.

>NOW LOOK AT THIS TANK
>THAT I JUST FOUND

bomp

So how does one shoot down a plane?

i can do about 15 damage max before the plane then goes into space to repair.

Yeah, that's about the best you can do. Gotta wait until one flows through a flak shitstorm and finish it off. Or have a friend on the event team.

its sad because on the CTE i got so many kills on achi baba with the parebleum its untrue

>Flows
flies, Jesus
>event team
Fucking phone. Enemy team.

My main issue with Battlefield 1 is the gunplay.

It feels like positioning isn't used much at all.

Also I wish the BF games would go back to only letting you spawn on Squad Leader.

>My main issue with Battlefield 1 is the gunplay.
>It feels like positioning isn't used much at all.
couldn't disagree more to be honest, unless maybe you're only use the assault guns. if you're using the medic guns, especially the low mag size ones, positioning is extremely important

Maybe it's because no matter where you are, at any time a mouthbreather assault with his hellreigel will kill you before you can react

basically like gif related

Only complete scrubs (reddit) complain about sliding. They think it's a glitch that breaks the hitboxes because they're bad and can't aim down fast enough.

It's currently fucked in the CTE but they're going to change a few things back to make it useful again.

>finally encounter a guy from /bfg/ on my team

You were all right man.

t-thanks

Does the medic smoke perk only work on squad members now?

Oh OK I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Love the game.

Ps4 platoons still open/active?

It’s open. Sitting at 68 members. Just be prepared for a shitty emblem if you choose to represent. If we ever hit the member threshold, I swear to fuck I’m creating the alternate platoon

What's the banner?
It's not the fucking Kekistan flag is it? Because I got killed be a guy with that recently.

>mouthbreather assault with his hellreigel will kill you before you can react
unless you're properly placed with a real nigga gun like autoloading .35 or the RSC

It’s not that, thank fuck. Now that I think of it ours is better than a faggotstan flag. My only complaint is that it looks pretty low effort

Battlefront is currently 4.50 on Xbox with premium pass free, is it as bad as people say even for 5 bucks? Does anyone still play it?

give it a try and find out. I thought it was ok, but the way vehicles work sucks- they're just battlefield pickups that teleport you into a vehicle, you can't climb into an AT-ST or anything

So, just to keep this from dying so soon...
Favorite DLC Operations, lads?

I gave up on operations, they the wins seemed to go like 80% to the same side for most of them. it's not very exciting to play a game mode when I already know if I'm going to win or lose with 80% certainty before I even start.
disclaimer though: I haven't played operations in months, I might try it now that it's been added to the server browser.

I do remember liking the one that had Amiens in it though, think it was called Hell something

actually, now I'm curious to what operations others prefer so I know where I should start if I'm going to give them a chance again

Frontlines is the only good mode.

Nothing is more satisfying than holding the first sector of Devil's Anvil for the entire game as a frantic French medic constantly running up and down the line dropping meds and sliding into revives while all hell breaks loose around you. The French voice sounds genuinely stressed so it's immersive as fuck. (youtube.com/watch?v=2ys4q3LauLQ)
Ils ne passeront pas!

>have Rush medal
>join a rush game to try and complete it
>on the attacking team on Grappa
>charge point, OPERATOR it the fuck up, clear shit out
>about to plant
>notice I only have ONE team mate with me, he's a squad mate that recently spawned on me
>he's sitting in a corner like a fucking idiot looking at the floor
>dies immediately when three enemies charge onto the point
>take two down with my and die to the third
>respawn
>notice more than half of the team is camping on a fucking hill sniping

uuaaaahhhhhhhh
UUHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GURAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I FUCCKING HATE THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I like Soissons defending because all of the nice little tank targets. It was funny destroying the same players over and over with the bomber until they finally got pissed enough to waste 4 tank tickets on aa artillery trucks to take me down

Amiens is the second map on Kaiserschlacht. I'd say give the DLC Ops a try, my personal favorite to answer is "Beyond the Marne". Comfiest Operation in the game desu

So ammo pouches don't resupply grenades anymore?

They do. Your weapon and gadget ammo has to be completely full first but if you stand on top of one you’ll notice your grenade meter is filling up

puches, nto crates

what the fuck did you just call me

I still answered your question though. The pouch won’t break but will fill your grenade meter. Only if your weapons and gadgets are full

no