/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Delicious edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l0Ayhulu18c&t=5m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>There will never be a smaller axe weapon because axes and hatchets are encompassed Sword and Shield.
>There will never be a large axe weapon because SA,CB, and some GS and Hammers are all axes.
It hurts. How many more weapons can Capcom pull out of their ass anyway? We've gone three titles now with no new weapon.

Please, for the love of all that is holy.

Fucking kill yourself nephlol.

youtube.com/watch?v=l0Ayhulu18c&t=5m30s

our only hope is the accel axe coming to mainline

I was just watching the siege on the wall in Game of Thrones and the (relatively) small axe had some moves goddamn. I could see it.

>kirin seems super tiny
>not even small crown

thanks user.

Id really love to see a non transforming, non-IG halberd type weapon.

LS covers that pretty well already to be honest.

it's dead but have a butt pic

All of a sudden this tongue makes me thing of a penis instead.
I want the innocent Chameleos back.

especially since there's literal halberd model weapons in LS

>All these bladelets talking about getting more bladelet weapons when only 2.5 gunner weapons exist

Longswords started as just some thinner looking Greatswords in MH1, they could split em off someday

Actually, isn't there that once Lance that looked like a GL before GL was a thing?

>Big gun
>Little gun
>Primitive gun
What more do you want? Ranged weapons aren't interesting.

yep, and accel axe was obviously inspired by hammers like the gunhammer/raizex axe

I can't think of much for a dedicated "Gunner" weapon unless they made Boomerangs a full for hunters and not just cats

a full weapon* for hunters

fund it

How would it work if you got hit while it was in the middle of flying? Would it just come back to you and implant itself in your ass?

Kunais

Maybe it could land next to you and you pick it back up as part of the normal getting up animation
Or DUAL BOOMERANGS

If you don't stand up before it comes back, you get knocked around a second time.

You can take those meme bug-only IG runs and make a weapon out of that, a dedicated bug-control gunner weapon

>Get stunned by your own weapon
Truly the boomerang is the highest skill cap weapon.

>you HAVE TO play hammer to progress
Kusoge, dropped, took the iso out of the emulator and burried it in the garden.

Would it be a charging weapon like bow and gs?

Zenith Hyuji can go to hell for not dropping common rares, that is all.

does he have a funlance?
really tired of the zenith espinas one for raw, and i dont think tigrex is going to have one

He doesn't have a Gunlance. The weapon in pic related does use Hyuji parts to upgrade so technically yes I guess.

How the hell is this NOT a gunlance?

So was that cemu running MH3U last thread fake news?

For the same reason a model gun isn't a gun.

the version running it isnt out yet

We cannot afford to have new weapons until the imbalance is fixed.

>Balance
>Single player game
What did he mean by this?

That's a patreon backer build.

All the slow clunky weapons were given forward dashes in World, there's no imbalance anymore.

>until the imbalance is fixed.
so never

All the other weapons were given omnidirectional rolls too. So the imbalance remains.

They where going to add that, that and hunting dog to gen/X ... buuut they did not want to do all that work, hell, there's even concept art for it

The fact that there's no reason to use an inferior weapon, so they should each have balanced strengths and weaknesses.

>inb4 to have fun
You can have the same fun with a balanced weapon, there's no sane argument against it.

Hunting hound would make a nice pet-focused counterpart to Insect Glaive I guess
The only problem I could see would be dog pathing and fighting anything that flies

And how would it upgrade anyways, different doggo armor?

No game with as many variables as MH is ever going to be balanced, even if every weapon somehow output the exact same damage there'll be fights where one weapon is better because it can sidestep instead of rolling, or because it can reach a weakpoint other weapons can't, etc. Cool your autism because you're literally never going to be satisfied with that kind of attitude.

Of course, I just want the absolute bottom tier of weapons to have more options and damage buffs so they can actually have niches instead of there being no reason to play them.

>fighting anything that flies
You fucking fling the dog into the air, problem solved.

You upgrade it by adding armor and claws to it. Feeding it different elemental plants changes the element damage it deals etc. Of course the hunter himself has to have a weapon and a whip would be a fitting match for a kind of Beastmaster weapon like this. Of course you wouldn't whip your fucking doggo, you would use the whip to pull the dog back to you or fling it. The real question is how would the dog work? Would it be a straight dog or a smaller fanged wyvern like Zinogre? Can you get different breeds?

There's plenty of reasons they haven't implemented the Hound concept, it's actually too much work.

Are these really the best prowler builds in XX? I'm about to save edit them in and I want to be sure there's no better ones.

Cat stats were botched in XX, completely unusable.
Why would you want to anyways? GS is more entertaining.

I hope you don't mean aerial GS. That is the most dull setup I've tried.

It was just a joke, but I was thinking guild.

Cat is my favorite gen weapon.

It's not unreasonable to want every weapon to be viable, or to outright excel.

Okay so for if gunners got a new weapon what could it be?
Big boomerang is something a lot of people mention, but what about a Harpoon with a rope attached? You throw the harpoon and pull it back etc.

Honestly there's not really much you can do with ranged options.

a true hybrid would be cool.
something that forced you to use both ranged and melee combat.

the dog changed based on the weapon you had, same move set as S&S. but just the sword + dog

IG could have been that but together with CB they blew it and made two tumors.

Yeah Ive also had the idea of some sort of melee weapon with a detachable segment on a chain or something. Harpoon makes a lot of sense. Harpoon wouldve been a cool weapon to introduce in third gen, just thematically, but I guess its a bit late for that.

This is a little convoluted, but maybe some kind of organic weapon that has recharging projectiles? Like the alien fist thing from half-life.

Make it some transforming shit, it's on the rage with the devs it seems

Flail + Gauntlets
Swing around a big fucking spikey ball and chuck it at a monster, run in and punch it in the face until you have a safe opening to reel your ball back in

>want every weapon to be viable
Except every weapons in the game is viable....

Huh, Ive never seen this before. That dog art is cute as fuck.

Bowguns cover a ton of ground which I think squanders potential for more options. Maybe bring back Tri Custom guns or even a Medium in-between, but I'm not sure what they could do to differentiate them from existing options. I mean, even HBG appears to have fairly good mobility in World.

Maybe a Bow equivalent could work, like a larger bow or a crossbow.

now he's going to whine that "it's just not fun if my weapon isn't top 3" like the absolute shitter he is.

Crossbow

And the boomerang.

>punching the boomerang back into the monster as it returns to you
that's fucking cuhrayzee as shit dude.

Frontier as fuck, No thank you.

What godawful default bindings, just use R to charge and aim then x or a to throw.
Or since we have actual controllers now, L2/LT to charge and aim and R2/RT to throw and just have the face buttons do melee attacks.

That just makes me want a dedicated fist weapon even more. I want to punch a dragon in the face goddamnit.

>frontier is everything i don't like
ok

I knida agree. it would be nice if they added a new weapon that was more tame like OG weapons, but still unique

Fuck off Nephlol.

I want to be a Seregios!

Why haven't you killed yourself yet, Frontierfag?

I'm already dead user. I killed myself a week ago.

>everybody who defends frontier or points out flawed logic is nephlol
ok

get some taste (or more to the point skills) mainlets

We told you to fuck off.

When one weapon excels over another at literally all conceivable skill levels, in the hands of the biggest shitter or the best of the best, there is a problem. Not sure why you guys are so defensive over this.

I vote for a Scythe weapon for maximum edge

>we
you and three other assmad anons is not representative of /mhg/

There's a few LS and SAs that fit the bill

Daora's Janah is a neat SA

Or Spears
Most underrated weapon in fantasy

A harpoon with explosives in it or something would be pretty fucking cool.

Like if you get a good hit you can trigger a status explosion or a regular one or some shit.

this desu
true, but the SA scythes are all tied to an unusable axe mode, the LS ones don't really have a moveset tailored for it so it looks a bit off.

whenever we get a transforming boomerang weapon that transitions seemlessly between mid-ranged multihit combos, and basically an SNS without a shield with a phial system i'll support any other shit they want to put in

Holy fucking christ Tidal Najarala is cancer
I dunno if I just wasn't figuring out the weakpoints but it felt like that took way longer than it should've too, at least compared to the rest of G1 so far

Lance, Glaive, and LS.

Yoyo for new weapon

It has no weak points unless you're shooting fire. Shit monster.

red i love your game but yoyos were fucking weird and shitty

None of those are spears user

What about a whip?
Simon Belmont style

>s&s has the ability to use items with weapon drawn
>but it's completely pointless since the re-sheath is fast

Here's my idea for a new weapon, the Burst Sword

The way it works is that it's a weapon based around staying unsheathed for as long as possible while attacking. The normal attacks deal around the same damage as SnS attacks but are slower and fill up a phial every five hits for a total of 3 phials. After storing a phial you sheathe the blade and the next unsheathe attack you perform will have a MV based on how many phials you just stored (30,50,70) The weapon can't be unsheathed without attacking, and if you sheathe the weapon with no phials the blade will misfire and bounce if you hit the monster with the next unsheathe attack.

It'd have slightly longer reach than the SnS and the unsheathe attack can be vertical (X) or horizontal (R+X+A) and it's mobility would be slightly slower than SnS and DB.

A one handed sword that transforms into a whip like the threaded cane
Fast attacks like sns but sort of a mix between melee and ranged

It's useful to panic powder allies

woah