Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!uJZz1DAL!aGRZheASNUTQamrhdSVfriZ9LaGxJdc63QuPPiHk0aA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/rturlce.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

I wish they secretly put in a stat of portraits used and released them in a year after collecting everyone's data to show how shitty everyone on Earth's taste is.
And the kicker, for the tumblrites and SJWs, how RACIST gamers are.

>someone with reflexes might have a better time of this

oh no it expects me to remember who i gave reflexes to

3rd for Fang

>fighting a poisonpeed is rng to win for me
being level 9 is suffer
i just want my pugi to poison fist
but death is only me

Rare Fang

last rare fang

>Confuse which of my characters have night vision and sense mana
>My blind warlock climbs into a hole and promptly gets fucked up
The only in-universe explanation is that my shaman is an asshole.

i'm fairly new to the EO community, why does people hate overlevelling in this game?...

it gets things easier when dealing with bosses that have some bullshit tactics.

or people just hate the idea of easy-kill?

this is some tabletop-tier shit and I love it

Is crossing sanzu worth it or is it a trap?

Because if you overlevel, you take away the challenge of this game.
I think the only legit reason to have an overleveled party is when you build them around passive skills.

people typically enjoy these games for the challenge so overleveling can ruin that if it feels like you didnt have to think your way through an encounter

that said i feel like people worry about it too much, the game sets your xp in a pretty deliberate way, unless you literally run in circles killing stuff for quite a while you'll never end up more then 1-2 levels above the average

I enjoy getting fucked and beating bosses blind on the first try is really boring.
Before the postgame there's almost never actual bullshit, just things that are really hard.

My two cents are that, ever since playing games like Fire Emblem 12 (where the game is one straight shot explicitly designed to be beaten without grinding), that's how a game should be. If I have to overlevel to beat a boss, either I'm shit (usually the case), my party has a bad matchup (sometimes the case), or the boss itself is artificially or unfairly difficult (poor design).

Stopping to grind just interrupts game flow and replaces the fun and the thrill with frustration and annoyance and that ain't cool.

the rush of near death experiences and the satisfaction of overcoming overwhelming odds are probably the biggest reasons I play these games, personally

Personally, I play those games for the challenge since defeating bosses wihtout being overleveled feels more rewarding.

there's no such thing as bullshit tactics

>Trick again into thinking Binding the Head stopped Boars

that's what i think

after all the sidequests are completed on a stratum, the exp gain can't keep up with current character's exp req. ...

Just heard about this 5th game being released, so I loaded up my incomplete save on EO2. Still at the snow stratum, thinking of ditching my Gunner for a Survivalist.

Or maybe I should ditch the game and play the Untold version.

but guns are COOL
follow your dreams

there's a special satisfaction for me though when i grinded just enough level to beat the boss. The hard work feels paid off.

EOII Survivalist is one of the worst classes in the series and Gunner is one of the best in EOII.

Their elemental shots are enough for coverage, they can heal a bit and their Force can stun all but a single enemy with a 100% chance.

So guys I know you're all excited about EOV but I need some help beating Harpuia in 2U story. My party's level 46 except for Fafnir who's 47, with either the best or second best weapons available and all the best armor. I just feel like I'm not doing enough damage since I'm going past turn 30 and the best I've done is get her to around 25% HP before either running out of TP or getting raped by Feast.

>Still, I'm totes jealy.
>I'm totes jealy
>totes jealy

>eo5 moles
>weak to leg bind
>still doesnt land half the time

Loli necro is the best thing to happen to the series.

I want to fuck that salad.

You do you, user - as long as you are having fun with EO you are doing it right.

i mean most games have some anti-grind mechanic these days so i can see that

>he can beat scylla but can't beat harpuia

Their skills are definitely good but guzzle up so much TP. I considered Surv for the ambush and preemptive skills.

aw thanks mang

Eat anti panic food (I think it was panic her main and most problematic attack) Also with Flavio bind her head.

You can kill both birds before the fight, use that to your advantage.

level 40 harbinger without second names still worse then a level 20 pugilist

with Scylla it was just a matter of using overkiller on the tentacles to not get fucked over, here I just feel like I'm taking too long to kill her because I can't get enough damage out.
I already did all of that, I even moved the birds so they wouldn't fuck me over mid-fight.

HEY GUYS!

If your front line dies in battle, it'll be replaced by the back line, so remember to reform afterwards!

Just wanted you to know that!

Why does my Protector never protect shit? Provoke almost never works either.

Hey guys!
Did you know that if you're getting your shit kicked in by an FoE with a line targeted attack, you can swap one of your frontline characters to your backline before reviving them, which means that the won't instantly revive into an AoE that kills them again!

Use the Guard skills, especiall Front Guard.
Protectors are damage mitigation tanks, not damage redirection ones.

>Can't use zR or zL to switch weapon category in the store.

Does ANY fucking 3ds game use those buttons?

Your damage seems too low if you are hitting her until turn 30. Her Feast skill gets stronger as the fight goes on Iirc.

She is weak to volt, so have Fafnir attack with Volt Sabre/Wave and use Arianna's Link Order.
Meanwhile Flavio should try to ail her (blind shoul stick well iirc) so Chloe can use Ailing Slash (from the frontline of course).

shantae

Would a nude bunny Phantom Fencer work?
I figured I'd the 75% from lightweight will help me dodge most things and I'll use predict to start getting aggro. And I'll get the curtain moves and Divine gust.
Then I can just max Sylphid and Counter boost as my damage.

I didn't realize anyone played those games, I thought she was just fapbait

75% means no sword means no damage
doesn't stop the rest of your team getting hit by AOEs either

very handy quick-chat and monster lock-on buttons in monster hunter
with the sheer volume of hours people put into that shit it's worth getting a n3DS for alone

I have one in my 3ds, don't remember which one. They are charming, decent gameplay, but short.

Without a sword you can not Sylphid.
And using Deft Thrust is more evade/aggro than what you get for the 4th empty slot.

im too lazy to get near death and drop one of my good rings just to try it out, what does miraculous ring do

>Completely nude
There isn't a reason to do this.
You can go fully kitted out and neglect Lightweight and Ray of Light for team-oriented mitigation from Curtain and Gust, or you can be naked and play as intended, which costs a lot of SP.

Gives you a very basic revive ability.

>wanted to see how auto-map full does it walls on the first map
>water tiles are walls

yes, that's the correct way to do it
walls are places you cannot ever go, even with levitation
shitty FOE movement patterns on two maps are no excuse

but it looks nice

By the way, if you guys remember that double shaman party I was talking about a couple threads ago, it's entirely capable of beating postgame bosses about 15 levels early.

I just tested having no sword and Sylphid still worked. It did about 30 damage.

I have no one else on my team to boost evasion.
Spamming Deft Thrust each turn still doesn't give perfect evasion. I barely have a turn to cast Phantom Swords either as when I do so my default evasion is too low and I die pretty much every time. + 50% from 3 empty is just not good enough .
The idea would be to get max predict and just rely on that to get good evasion and use Sylphid as my main damage.

Oh shit, I was thinking of retiring my team into dual shaman (or dual necromancer or dual anything)

God there's so many things I want to do, bless EO

>touching corners
you are objectively wrong

but that map looks so BORING

What was the party exactly user

>walls around shortcuts

>no /sqg/
you fucked up, son

Did you think they were just shooting their heads at you?

even drawing water tiles you get touching corners in some spots in 5
it's atlus who is wrong
may as well draw brown tiles wherever walls are, it's the same thing

he did the right thing

What's the concept behind Dual Shaman?
Double the Dance Oracle?
Infinite Invokes?

Therian chain fencer / shield dragoon
Elemancer warlock / celestrian punisher shaman / herald shaman
The core is the two shamans, which lets you dance oracle on 75% of your turns on average and guaranteed dance oracle + mana oracle every other turn.

"nah im just lost lol"

>mfw learning that Ray of Light does not increase dodge chance, only aggro and defense
:/

EO6 better let me recruit kids to raise as adventurers

>you fixed it, son
ftfy

What do you think happens when you retire characters?

i wouldnt be overleveled if running away actually worked

the only time i come close to dying to random encounters is if i actually try to run

Maybe because you are not using the right equipment.

>But Chain Fencer gets a skill that increases evade for every attack, as well as Speed Boost

Dodge Fencer could have actually been something usable outside of 1 turn kill strats if they just would have given it those.

>anti grav floats you over a fishing tile
>it's not registered as blue
FUCK

EO6 better be on the fucking Switch.

if you run into 3 moles and dont bind them and waste 2-3 turns trying and failing to run away your doomed

unless you mean something esoteric like wearing gloves makes you run away better

There's still one more 3ds game senpai

Are Chain Boost and Plus multipliers or do they modify actual skill damage like 800%+50%=850%

>unless you mean something esoteric like wearing gloves makes you run away better
I think boots increase your escape rate.

I just like mapping water tiles because it makes the map look pretty

>no dual screens
>no resistive touchscreen
nah, series will be dead as trauma center before it

Have you considered a 4kat chaser? I've been told (haven't seen myself ) that outside of chain killer shenanigans your overall chase dmg is higher and with 100% uptime on element imbue you aren't losing benefit of 2 shaman. What's more you can drop elemancer for a combo pug meaning access to binds and more chases

Admittedly this is all in theory don't know if it would actually work

>Putting walls around the water
no

Is this...?

>normal path is green
>light tiles are orange (since yellow is used for holes)
>damage tiles are red
>fishing spots are blue
>walls that foes can see you over are purple

That dark, depressing third stratum sure gets some colorful maps.

walls do not exist to impede you, they exist so you may know your freedoms

How to access right bottom part of 18th floor? I just can't find secret passage to crystal leading there

Yeah, that sounds like it could work really well. The pugilist doesn't care about the dance oracles, but an elemental-sanzu 4kat with overexertion on them sure does.
Feels like random encounters would be hell to live through, though.

If I am level 30 and want to rest 2 of my members, how long would it take them to catch up to the rest of the pary?
I should I just rest everyone?

>since yellow is used for holes
why?

Was that meant to sound evil and menacing?
Because it did.

I personally just rest everyone, because they never really catch up.

Automap exists. It's not like doing your own mapping really adds anything to the game, other than inflating the playtime and the occasional mapping error that takes hours to realize you've made.

That said, capacitive touch will be considerably worse. I think they could make it work if they just increased the amount you can zoom in, though.

>floor not pink
>walls around the fucking sky
YOu fucked up son.

tell that to eo3 24f

EOIV 6th stratum had holes, water, damage tiles (and even teleport tiles which I also mapped yellow) but only four colors.
Since the water could be frozen over but holes couldn't they needed different colors.
A hole is different from a wall and I don't like empty tiles so I got used to map holes as yellow.