Reminder that all "great civilizations" were just lucky to have some sort of technology prior to others

Reminder that all "great civilizations" were just lucky to have some sort of technology prior to others.

Now that information of technology is available to everyone, where's the Roman empire? Where's the Greek golden age? Where's the new pyramids?

Hah, only power and money (US) do anything now that knowledge of technology is ubiquitous.

Colonialism would be different if Africans got to hold technology first.

Isn't the acquisition of technology just a function of a society's prosperity, though?

Like, if you have better technology than everyone around you then your society is probably also richer, able to support more people, etc. Because those conditions are the ones under which technological innovation most often happens.

So what you're basically saying is that civilizations in a good position use their leverage to get to better positions than the civilizations around them. No shit.

WE

WUZ

Would you describe getting technology first as merely luck?

yes
random people doing stuff, if somehow he got his shit remembered and copied, you get your civlizational tech

KANGZ

The world doesn't work like eu4

> were just lucky
Access to resources involves luck. Invention requires necessity, intelligence and a supportive community.

>Colonialism would be different if Africans got to hold technology first.
Well duh. But they didn't.

Know how I can tell you're a pleb?

But they wouldn't get a hold of technology first because they're retarded

nice watch tan line

>things just happen thats my theory of history

The african nigger existed long before any other form of human on earth yet is the most primitive animalistic form of human.

Even today blacks dont do shit with technology besides use it to amplify their simian behavior to new levels(ridiculous crime rates).

>if
My father wouldn't be my father if he didn't have a cock and balls.
See where this argument leads?

Look at those fucking muscles. I wish they wuz in my ass.

Asia got gunpowder before Europe and the Middle East had Damascus steel. Please explain.

Forced mongol cultural enrichment destroyed china, much like Merkel is trying to do today in the EU.

>now that knowledge of technology is ubiquitous.
Only a select few countries have the knowledge and means to make nukes.

>Now that information of technology is available to everyone, where's the Roman empire? Where's the Greek golden age? Where's the new pyramids?

We have marvels undreamed of by previous ages. Look at Hoover Dam, there's your modern pyramids.

This is actually entirely false, I would recommend attending college or maybe doing some reading on your free time.

>hurr whites don't do shit with technology besides to wage world wars/genocide

this is how retarded you sound

t. black manlet

what...whites literally did whole tons of shit with technology from Rockets to fucking launching modern medicine with Antibiotics

fuck out of here with this white gult shit

off topic but white guilt faggots, especially on Veeky Forums, are actually super annoying desu

>waaah stop making me feel bad/stop hating me because of what other people with white skin did11!!!
>f-fuck those niggers and muslims for what those other niggers and muslims did!11

Im proud of the accomplishments of the white race though

>culture is relative

this really is /leftypol/

You can tell negros are retarded because they keep confusing war violence for criminal violence, white countries are very peaceful and barely have crime, they appear to have crime due to nonwhites in them however, while we have the occasional serial killer here and there its nothing compared to the genocide that occurs every year in America done by blacks to their own kind LITERALLY OVER 1000 BLACKS DIE EVERY FUCKING YEAR IN AMERICA.

>the world/history doesn't work like x video game simulating history people like

Overdone. And tech doesn't even work like that in EU, so your "smart" snarky jab is pretty shit.

>EU4
>technological progress happens when people try really hard to stockpile admin/trade/military points and spend on advancing their tech level
>Orientals and primitives need European contact to improve at more than a snail's pace
Europa Universalis is, unsurprisingly, one of the most eurocentric and Whiggish games in concept.

"Eurocentrism" is simply a reality my friend

like Darwinian Evolution

>videogames
>reality

>one of the most eurocentric
No, you're just misunderstanding what the purpose of the game is. It is a history simulation, not a sandbox civilization creating game.

Technology progresses in EU as it does because that is how it progressed in history, not because Paradox thinks that is how new technology is discovered.

>It is a history simulation, not a sandbox civilization creating game.
>randomized new world
>randomized civilizations
>you can pick some OPM and conquer the world
It's totally a sandbox/map-painting game though.
Technology progresses in EU because that's how Paradox thinks it should progress.

Or rather, technology progressed like that in EU because Paradox can't actually model what factors or events caused European civilization rather than Islamic or Chinese civilization to dominate the world in our timeline and resorted to hardcoding them with innate technological supremacy.

All of those were not in the base game though. It is true that paradox has turned it into a 4x more recently, but in the original vanilla version it was just a pure history simulator where you could change some thing. The tech system is from these days.

The mechanics have been updated to feel more like a 4x, but the tech system has remained relatively untouched.

>societies follow the laws of natural selection.

hating on skin colour isn't culture, m8

China is fucking lazy and Islam suffered from Muhammad Al-Ghazali

Technological progress in real life isn't who rushes a fucking civ tech tree faster, OP. It's not like whites just rushed an early unlock on the maxim gun and stomped the world to a conquest victory.

>if Africans got the technology first
Africans don't have the technology now

so what is the exact reason Europe dominated and not China or Islam into modernity?

Chinks punished free thinkers basically thats why their autist werent able to discover electricity before the whiteys.

What really surprises me was how technologically behind Japan was back then considering they are one of the most advanced states on earth.