Why aren't you guys dumping everything into Amazon?

Why aren't you guys dumping everything into Amazon?

This company is going to do nothing but win over the next 2 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im lazy

Brutally overpriced.

I'm too scared to give my SSN to Robinhood and I don't know how else to trade low volume stock

Lack of competition which leads to a massive valuation inflation

How are you so sure that Apple or Google won't dump their surpluses when they believe that the time is right to rival them? Google, for an example, has the search engine and all its technologies like the sophisticated NNs, which automatically throws Amazon into irrelevancy should they ever decide to do that and expand into that industry

Even if this were the case it would take time for another powerhouse to eclipse into Amazon's sales. It wouldn't happen overnight.

Amazon is about to murder Walmart, and they are doing a good job fighting Ebay.

Plus they have a handful of ideas, that if even one of them works out, the stock will continue to rise.

I'd say the value is accurate given their cashflow

The only Amazon service I've used was AWS and it was extremely jewy.

you can win little but lose a lot

P/E = 181

... yeah think I'll take a miss on that one

They have huge market power in online commerce, but their employee environment is shit. Maybe that's true for all tech companies.
>Nearly every person I worked with, I saw cry at their desk
>nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?_r=0

Everything is inflated nowadays by old P/E standards. As long as bonds won't gain relative attraction to stocks, the market will go up.

Also I think that we'll never see times again when a P/E of 15 is considered high.

they are a great, great company, but as far as the stock price goes, amazon discovering workable fusion power, curing cancer and colonizing mars are all baked in already. i think this valuation will be justified, but basically they have already factored in ten years of aggressive growth.

i guess you could buy and factor in 20 or 30, but ill just buy beaten down oil MLPs

That is just your risky opinion.

>Also I think that we'll never see times again when a P/E of 15 is considered high.
I'm sure that's what people said at the height of the first tech bubble in 1999/2000 too.

>this time it's different

>employee environment is shit

this is the case with just about every successful company of the last 20 years

120 BILLION in revenue

They don't fuck about waiting until end of quarter re-invest their earnings? No way, Jose!

You're probably at higher risk of some illegal immigrant guessing it correctly then Robinhood selling it

>cry at their desk

That's a lie if I've ever heard one. Typical liberal hyperbole

>implying everyone that's invested in Amazon doesn't already know that
>Implying their future isn't already priced in

P/E is price per earnings ratio. The sweet spot P/E is 20, if Amazon is at 180 they're projected to make NINE TIMES what they're making now to be at an acceptable price in the near future.

If they're earning 120b and are 180 P/E, they'll need to bump up to over 1 trillion in revenue in the next 3-5 years in order to be worth their current price.

Walmart still has 485 billion revenue...that should all be amazons desu

I would but I'm poor. Why does there stock cost $900 instead of like $100 with more shares available?

Because desu I want them to fail so hard I've never wanted a company to fuck up like this before in my life

You've worked for them? Don't lie user

>not expecting their wings to be cut
Truly a moron

hurdurrrrr what is bottom line growth

My only concern is that the bigger the business the bigger the target.

Google got away with it because their competitors were other tech companies.

The risk is something like the EU deciding that its unfair for little Giovani or Pedros family business and start a case against them

Show me how Amazon will get those gas dollars Walmart receives

Oh my god.
Screen Shot this for when the Amazon empire has gas stations at every Walmart.

It is.

You may be right. But the funny thing is, that people said that in early 2015, early 2016, and so on. That's the problem with the market, you never know when it will really top out.

Nowadays, and that's my humble opinion, I think it does not depent on the underlying economic metrics, but rather how the tide shifts. As long as there's enough money to pour into the market, it will go well. Literally what the fed did. And of course, that's how bubbles grow. But why exit 20 or 25 percent before the market tops out?

Because I made my AMZN bet in 2012.

Because they offer a shit service, charge me for everything unlike they used to, because the prices ar higher than ever before, because in terms of third party sellers they are literally ebay 2.0