/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #140

Brainlet edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>GX world is live now. Get your game on!
>Dr Crowler will be available to unlock soon
>The Duelist Kingdom event is live now. Unlock little Yugi if you missed him
>Pegasus and Paradox Brothers will be permanently added to the gate in November. They will also have unlock missions for latefags
>new minibox out now, Wall of Disruption is pretty good
>Champions Vigilance and Machine Angel Ritual will be limited to 1, and Red Eyes Spirit will be limited to 2 in a few weeks. We can't have f2p decks doing well, now can we?
>the balance skill will be changed in an unknown way, and the creator skill will be changed to give more meta relevant cards in November

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>when sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it's gives the most XP
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks. Both have fallen off the meta but are still viable up to plat
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph
>Level up Alexis for a free Spell Shield Type 8

I WANT TO FUCK KYLIE

noob here, made it to plat with a decent BEWD dick, sucks that its gonna lose vigilance in a couple weeks, its fun playing with BAAASTO STREEEEAM

HEY!
Stop that right now! Kylie has no desire to be lewded!

New player, 2k gems. What do?
Are the structures useful? How do I build for a 20 card format

Nah, structure sucks, read the OP
Who dont?
calm down dumb bitch

I've always been annoyed that Gold Sarcophagus with the original effect from DM has never been printed, so I tried to recreate it with proper game mechanics. Would you use it?

Gold Sarcophagus II
Counter Trap Card
Banish 1 card from your Deck face-down, then Set this card face-down instead of sending it to the Graveyard. When a monster OR a Spell/Trap Card with the same name as the banished card would be Summoned or is activated: Negate the Summon OR activation and destroy that card, then reveal the banished card and add it to your hand.
If this Set card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect: Reveal your banished card (if any) and add it to your hand.

Early threads are okay as long as they're Kylie threads.

>all these leaked cards
>people getting excited for them
I bet anything only a handful are added anytime soon, and not the good ones.

>That sinking feeling in your stomach when Phoenix keeps fucking over your decks again and again

I fucking hate Phoenix

>go against a Yami Yugi
>they set 3
>nuke Phoenix from hand
It's a good feel

Phoenix always was a shit deck and only tier 2 stuff loses against it.

Then you clearly don't know anything because it was t1 a couple seasons ago. Right now it's a little more useful against anything not CA or RE.

Haven't seen a phoenix deck in ages. Are you in gold or something?

Konami will fear the samurai

>it was t1 a couple seasons ago
lmao

so im new to this game , is red-eye zombie a safe bet on deck building ?

It's probably the only safe bet as far as meta decks go.

Is the best deck right now, so yeah

>early thread
kys retard

Do you really get Union Attack for finishing 3 rounds of the Duelist Kingdom thing? GameA says you do but the game says you get Maha Vailo

Gamea hasn't updated the reward listing. That was the reward for last Duelist Kingdom Round 3.

Old DK event, yes. New, no. GameA is garbage.

well shit
thanks anons

I'm trying to build a new deck after my level up deck (pic related) but I'm tired of playing the same way all the time. Are their any other arch types or fun decks with good synergy with all the other cards?

HAI GUIZ, so let me introduce myself: my name is DDD Super Doom King Dark Armageddon and I was assigned XYZ monster at creation but now I also identify as a Spell Card teehee XD. I can do that because card types are just a gaming construct, and also the latest research shows that most cards can't actually be pigeonholed in some oppressive card trinary but actually belong somewhere on a spectrum of fluidity between monster, spell and trap.

Anyway when can I grace this game with the diversity it needs and spice up the boring (and patriarchal) vanilla beatdown that you must all be so bored of lmao :DDD

Kids these days saying they can be whatever card type they want. Next week your gonna tell me you identify as a magic the gathering card or a Pokémon card.

>Enraged Battle Ox for full field piercing
>Vampire Koala for piercing LP recovery
>Battle Ox and/or Rhinotaurus for beater power
>Gaia Power for +500 ATK
>Wall of Disruption for general cuckery
>Beast Rising for specialized cuckery

One of the best auto duel decks I've ever used

Also don't give me an entire deck to copy paste, I just want a general direction to start building in since I can't decide what kind of deck I want to build/commit too.

Silent Magician lvl 4 works pretty well with spell counter decks, I feel. They get one counter every time since your opponent WILL draw before kiling them. You can use some wonder Wands to beef them up quicker and for extra spell counters.

As cancerous as it sounds, it's completely true.

Even in duel links, we have traps that summon monsters (that are also traps at the same time btw dont forget), we have monsters with effects (basically monsters with built-in spells/traps), we have spells that summon monsters (tokens and shit)... Shit's a mess as far as "monster/trap/spell dichotomy" is concerned.

Konami designer goes "damn I power creeped monsters too much now I'm close to the 2000 ATK/DEF mark" and what's the solution? Put a spell in the monster! Put a monster in the trap/spell!

This deck originally started out as a spell counter deck, but after someone told me I could make a level up deck to make use of the spare level up cards I went in that direction since it was a lot faster and more reliable than trying to beef up a level 4 silent magician.

Silent Magician lvl 4 opens up the way for using Disturbance Strategy high memes too. You can be the absolute madman.

>been getting random disconnects all day in ranked even though my connection is good
>lose

Someone explain to me exactly how the disconnect glitch works, this is pissing me off

>Disturbance Strategy
>Cup of Ace
>The Bistro Butcher
>Hiro's Shadow Scout
any other noteworthy cards to make your opponent draw?

Seriously. Enraged Battle Ox is probably my favorite card from the new box. I just wish the AI realized it no longer has piercing when it Beast Risings it to something else.

Level up deck you want 3 SM Lv4 3 Horus Lv4 and 3 LvUP!

LvUP! is absolutely essential, if you're not running it you're doing it wrong. You can put SM Lv8 on the field on the first turn if you draw both Lv4 and LvUP! Horus has a Lv6 in the middle that is also immune to spells but is weaker. Exactly 3 LvUP! is good for both of them.

SM and Horus are immune to spells so run some trap jammers; always satisfying to jam up some mirror wall. 7 tools of the bandit are cool too if you have them, costs 1k LP but they're not tied to battle phase. Ultimate providence also counters monster effects, a major weakness of this deck. If you want generic beater/support, run 3x mirage dragon -- summon SM/Horus then summon mirage next turn so that it prevents traps from activating while you attack. Staples are always useful: etaqua, econ, mw, SK, SRH, WoD, etc. I use WoD and SK

Insects suck, don't run them. Haven't experimented with the new box Lv monsters yet

Technically, Silent Burning itself. But Disturbance Strategy doesn't actually give the other guy more cards, just substitutes them.

Wasn't there a Lvl card that made your opponent draw 2 cards at the cost of taking a monster from the graveyard?

>I just wish the AI realized it no longer has piercing when it Beast Risings it to something else
That shit is hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

I haven't had much success with cards like bistro butcher. It still takes too long for her to attain a good attack and unlike Lv8 she's vulnerable to spells.

Honestly without LvUP I only summon SM Lv4 if she's defended by backrow/SK. If I must stall, I do it with a Lv4 on the field. Sometimes I draw another Lv4, then a LvUP which I use on the new Lv4, leaving me with a Lv8 and a 2000-2500 ATK Lv4. When it works, it's really cool.

If you've already summoned a Lv8 then there's nothing to lose though

Yes, level modulation. Opponent draws 2 cards and you summon level monster from graveyard ignoring conditions. IIRC it can revive a Lv8 if it dies. I don't run it and never seen anyone else run it either.

>It's a "you lose a duel you were about to win because the connection glitched" episode

And you just know that 30 card Yami faggot thinks he's hot shit because he made you surrender by playing his Banner of Courage

Actually Level Modulation can only revive an SM Lv8 if you summoned it by putting 5 counters on SM Lv4.

It's basically useless since the main way to summon Lv8 is through LvUP! Better defend the Lv8 instead of reviving it.

Hey guys, have any dark magician of chaos decks been posted yet? these fucking youtube decks are trash tier desu, not consistent at all

>winning hard
>phone runs out of battery before finishing blow
fucking chinese people

Well I know where all my gems are going now for a while, thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the trash faggot

>trash

Be sure to clear the new minibox for the excellent autoduel deck posted above as well as 3x WoD it's a 10/10 card. If you don't have 3 LvUP, 3 Lv4 and 1 Lv8 Silent Magician, then get them from Echoes. Especially LvUP. Leave Horus for later since it's a big ass 200 box.

Level up isn't consistent enough for KoG in my experience I got up to legend with it this season then switched to another deck. But it is fun, I always post stories of my duels with SM here. People trying to use spells on it. Hilarious

>He doesn't know about the Tempest secret deck

>Level up isn't consistent enough for KoG in my experience

I'm using a horus deck with 3x level up in kog, and I'm 8 for 8 so far. Cucks cyber angels, control, burn, etc

I already have all the silent magicians and 3 level up cards, So now I just need to clear that minibox and go after horus.

Looks like I need to get Horus then. I still haven't gotten a full set.

Do you use a Horus/SM hybrid deck or do you fill it with beaters? What other cards do you use to increase consistency? Before this new minibox I started opening some old box intending to get 7 tools but I only got one; now I'm opening the new box for WoD.

3x Electro to deal with MW/WoD
3x Econ for the tribute take OTK
1x Metalmorph for easy Level Ups
3x Level Up to quickly get Lv8 out

It works surprisingly well. People expect their WoD to save them, and they have no countermeasures once Electro locks their backrow. And as for CA, They just surrender if you get Lv8 out fast lol

>winning hard
>phone runs out of battery before finishing blow
fucking chinese people

>Get 15% Battery warning
>Stop playing ranked
>Go find a charger
Wow so hard.

yes, it's a tier1 deck, i'm not revealing though, good luck scrub

>Fucking destroying someone on my rank up game
>Wifi cuts out because I didn't pay the bill

FUCKING JAPS

Awesome. Gonna start building this

Have you tried in with frog monarch?

If you have em, throw in 3 WoD as well, really helps with stalling/OTKs

Anyone else gonna watch the yugioh marathon on twitch?

Have you ever considered using spell counters?

There's a deck for her? how gimmicky is it?

v5 when?

Hell yeah

For anyone interested in a Horus deck, here's a little tip:

Did you know that you can use Level Up to actually level DOWN Horus Lv8? I just won a game because of that.

>Had Electro and Horus Lv8 on field
>Tried to lock his back row, he activated Curse of Anubis
>Use Level Up on Horus Lv8, special summon Lv6 in attack mode
>Attack for game

NO ONE expects that shit

Thoughts?

Huge waste. A 2 card combo for a 2000 beater? What's the point?

Does the effect activate in the graveyard or no?

>rare metalmorph ancient gear golem
are you guys ready?

hey man its 2400 for a turn

No, it has to be discarded from the hand

Well LvUP says you can summon the monster mentioned in the card text, doesn't say that the monster has to be a higher level.

Kinda wonder what the Level Down?! card is for then

>beasts keep absorbing each other
>destroy tons of monsters for bonus points
>attack any monster in any position for 17k dmg
>mfw you can even farm using this deck

My sides

>Kinda wonder what the Level Down?! card is for then
The level up trick only works on Horus Lv8, since Lv6 doesn't mention Lv4.

Also, quick play means you could attack with Lv8, then level down for another attack.

What's the best card to get using SR tickets? I got 3

is D-HERO actually good in this game?

idk, what do you want?
best ones are enemy controller, red eyes insight, red eyes spirit( will be limited to 2 per deck in 2 weeks tho)

Could this potentially make all characters have Holy Guard(assuming you start off with it) and would this be better for future UG only decks/make it better?

Is Gagagiggo basically reverse Piccalo?

Is a basic red eyes deck good/kog or do I need to go full 1000+ boosters whale to get a good red eyes deck?

not sure, cheap variant of red eyes is gonna get nerfed hard with champion's vigilance nerf, wait until the meta after that to decide

lol no

Friendly reminder that Ojama Knight is the most broken Fusion card in the game.

Pretty good Auto Duel concept.
At first I was a bit afraid that the AI will fuck up Beast Rising but it works pretty decently and you get surprisingly often 6k ATK for the bonus.
Rhino is the odd child in this deck as it is not an earth card and therefore doesn't work together with Gaia but I used him in my previous fire/Goka auto duel deck and liked his effect against swarm decks.
But in the end I guess any deck with 9 staples in it will perform decently.

Yeah, I opted for vanilla battle ox instead of rhinotaurus for the gaia power bonus

gaia power is redundant with beast rising anyway. your monsters will just get really big either way.

Gaia Power is nice because it's instant and and can literally end the game right there if you have 2 monsters with piercing.

Might as well run a pure Beast-Warrior build with Joey's "Fields of the Warriors" skill, it makes the deck more consistent and automatically activates with the auto-duel button too

Well guys I finally obtained the meme card.

Auto Duel decks should never be skill dependent as their main focus is leveling up your various characters, not just that one LD with the skill you need for it to work.

The deck is meant for auto-dueling, though. It's meant to be used with any character that you need to level up.

actually, if you're not a latefag, Auto-Duel decks are for farming event items and such.

I remember a few months ago people freaked out about the thought of MEB being added. Now it's a joke card. Konami creepin too fast.

Isn't it basically just Michizure that you need to spend a subpar normal summon on?

Sweet, it works pretty good and am farming sand nigress... She actually won't attack(I attacked once to be safe) looks like the farm is pretty free right about now

6th run of event and sofair i've got

La Jinn x2
Union Attack x2
Unicorn Horn x3
Toon Barrel dragon x2

Should I aimfor the three of each? I don't even have GK Vassal or Pegasus to use any of these fucking cards

>Ancient Gear Knight
>Neo-Clowns with Zero Gravity
>meme Cyber Blader
Can't wait for the fun memes in a couple days. I ran clowns back in the day so I'm hyped.

Twitch yugioh marathon is a fucking joke. Ads every 3 minutes

>5 Ads when episode finishes
>5 Ads when intro finishes
>5 Ads 5 minutes later
>5 Ad 5 minutes later
>5 Ads 5 minutes later
>5 ads when episode finishes
>5 ads when intro finishes
>repeat

Jesus fucking christ, I'll just go watch this shit on a different site or something