obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j_yGRhdhVhY
twitter.com/goetworks
youtube.com/watch?v=znOGh3JhVvo
tubedubber.com/?q=znOGh3JhVvo:lnxQDbZrO4U:0:100:0:2:1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think my game is still too big and out of scope on what I could do alone.

>the Switch is on track to approach or even exceed the Wii U's lifetime sales of 13 million by the end of Nintendo's fiscal year in March
>newest estimate is 20 million units, based on increased production of 2 mil/mo as of this month
>lifetime sales estimated at 100-130 mil, soaring past the Wii
>getting your game on the eShop gives access to all major markets except Japan
>exclusive indie titles get promoted on Nintendo Direct
Why aren't you a licensed Nintendo developer yet?

What mechanic would you guys like to see in an old school RE-style survival horror game. I need ideas.

why aren't YOU ?

I can't give you ideas because I'm making the same thing.
Make sure you have limited saves though

Is it your first game?

Its best to start with a game jam, and make an extremely small slice of your game with only a small level, and a small portion of the mechanics. Then build it from there after the jam.

UE4 doesn't have a Switch compiler.

Godot can't export to Nintendo Switch yet

>UE4 doesn't have a Switch compiler.
iirc it's just like for xbox/ps4, there's one but you need to get the approval of their parent company first.

Because Nintendo games are for casuals.

>UE4 doesn't have a Switch compiler.
Wrong. UE4 support was one of the first features they announced. I don't know why people think it's not there.

I'm too much of an artlet to make a vertical slice by myself, and they won't give devkits to nobodies without a good pitch

Didn't they add switch support like 2 versions ago

What is Nintendo's cut/fees on their eshop like? I hadn't actually considered it till now.

I did complete a few games for jams and such. Still I never did a full game that you could play from start to finish that would last more than a few minutes. I'm kinda tempted to make a mobile game or something, even if it's for myself.

w-what?

I just looked it up, and you are right. I never saw an announcement for it.

I was just shit posting anyway. I only use GameMaker and I was trying to start a UE4 vs Unity argument

>I never saw an announcement for it.
>I only use GameMaker
you've got the reason why

That stuff is always under an NDA and I don't think it's leaked yet, but indie devs have been very happy with the whole thing so I expect it's around 30%, just like Steam and GOG.
Dev kits are only around $500, compared to $2000+ for the Wii U or PS4.

How do you even dev for a console? Like how can I try out my game on it? Do you have to buy a special debug console, or can I download some app on it that will let me transfer and run my game?

Do you know what a folder is

I guess Im a typical
>nodev
also
>nogames
>nofun
>no life
>final destination (remember the smash bros meme?)

you have no idea

>typical smartphone user

You need a dev kit, which you can only buy after becoming a licensed developer. The exact price is protected by an NDA, but before launch Nintendo said it would be around $500.
Once you're licensed, you'll also have access to Switch exporters for Unity and UE4, and to the entire API if you're an enginedev.

i actually don't have a smartphone lmao

>to approach or even exceed the Wii U's lifetime sales of 13 million
whoa

that's the official way, but hacked consoles exist. I remember Wii and the homebrew channel. But I'm not up to date.

youtube.com/watch?v=j_yGRhdhVhY

There seem to be homebrew hacks already, but they only work with older firmware, so you'd need a second Switch for developing anyway.

I also imagine at best Nintendo would be confused and annoyed at you pulling a Switch port out of your ass with no dev console.

I didn't realize someone else here was making one. Do you have a screenshot?

Yeah, there's probably some risk to that as well. It's not like you can publish anything without their permission, so it'd be crazy to do anything that might damage your relationship before you've started talking to them.
This is especially true if you live in the US because NoA is fucking nuts.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Spice Trader
Dev: goet
Tools: Unity
Web: twitter.com/goetworks
October: ghost
Progress:
+ the game is properly turn based now
+ towns are tested and working
+ wolves usually work
- but sometimes don't
- still no trading
- some optimization is already required

idk, its a tiny chef

>Still no trading
Happy merchant simulator when
My trebuchet is better

A few other anons have posted some in the past as well.
Here's a webm from last week. I'd give you something more recent but I'm phoneposting

What are some uniforms that anime type civilains women could wear? Obvs school uniforms, I was also thinking work or a sports team.

I want my game to kawaii but I don't know what anime is.

how can he cook with no hands?

The hat does not look round enough, you should add more polygons to it.

why does he have bananas stuck up his nose ?

You can achieve the same exact look with 1/8th of the polygons.

Didn't upload.
Let me try that again.

Demo day satan please grant me this wish

idc, its zbrush

That hat does NOT have nearly enough polygons.

You better. I'm only playing it if I can simulate a Jew in it's natural habitat

How's UE4's networking with the built in physics ?
I'm looking to make a small coop/versus game based on physics as a side project and multiplayer would really make it more fun, but no one plays split screen on PC.

>but no one plays split screen on PC.
That's what the Switch is for

Gang Beasts did fine

Thanks. Looks nice. I'm phoneposting also so I can't post either.

What's your setting?

Networking needs some tweaking to work as you want it, but the physics are good. Get a Nvidia's phyx if you want something heavier. And yes I want split screen

why so much Switch shilling?

I'll legit port it to switch if it gets moderate success, the idea could work pretty well with the gyroscope even. I don't know I don't have a switch

You're right. And it was in Unity, which has less networking stuff built in.

Obviously I'm not expecting something that works perfectly out of the box, I'm just wondering if it is feasible or not.
It doesn't really need heavy physics (at worst, constraints like ropes or so) so I'll be fine with the default UE4 ones.

Thanks everyone.

Replacing some of the text with easy-to-understand icons makes the game more readable

Probably because it's the current best non-PC platform for indies

To be honest it's easier to copy and paste complex math code than actually learn math.

Manscaping

Tried putting a shield on an enemy again, and had this happen. Thought it was pretty funny.

>non-PC
I've seen multiple devs claim their Switch port sold more than all other platforms combined, though maybe they sold 4 copies on other platforms.

Godot cant export to any console

Just like every other Nintendo platform up until its no longer the newest one. What a coincidence!

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Devil Engine
Dev: shmoopdev
Tools: gms
Web: shmoopdev.tumblr.com
October: ghost
Progress:
+Level 3 mostly done, just needs sfx
+Rudimentary prototypes for level 4
-The robot missed my post last week or something, rip streak
-still not at home, still can't dev, going outside was a mistake

Can i use my devkit like a normal switch too? Buy and play games etc

Thats what the ancient greeks did with the library of Alexandria

They didn't have control+c and control+v back then

whatever you do
don't do that

How can I improve my trailer?
Do you think it's good enough?

youtube.com/watch?v=znOGh3JhVvo

when I have a game I can port to the system I will try and become one desu

Yes it can, the export modules are just not included because of licensing, if you message the devs then they can help you. The Deponia console port was made in Godot for example.

where can i play this

no info on the game is given here
just the title
no platforms, release daye, nothing.
Give more info, a site? a twitter? anything?

Extremely short intro, something like the player walking into a room full of enemies and whipping out a gun, no more than five to ten seconds.
More synchronization with the music (~20ish seconds in was a good example of that) and with that, less cyclical music.

Can the next person put the lewd jam announcement back in the OP? Thanks.

i really like 0:15-0:28, the gunshots line up with the beat of the music a bit and it makes a neat effect. perhaps it could be expanded on?

overall though i like it, where can i play it?

how would you handle weapon condition degradation?
I'd initially say that
>if item is equpied and attack is pressed
>subtract x from item condition stat
but that's not fair if you can swing a sword into the air for hours and lose any item condition stat imo.
this leads me to thinking that it should just read what item was used when a player kills someone and subtract x from its condition stat like that but that's a bit more complicated in logic.

how would you approach the matter, /agdg/?

if (weaponSwung && anythingHit)
if (weaponSwung && enemyHit)

are the two ways I've seen it done

the weapon should be damaged when it strikes something, not the fucking air
and more with armors and walls

>but that's a bit more complicated in logic.
go beat your meat if you're looking for simple stuff
all you've gotta do is subtract (material resistance*swing force)/weapon durability whenever you hit anything. Enemy or rock.

"I hope you are working in your game, you.... piece of shit"

also forget what I've said, subtracting is stupid, do an exponential version of that so that the more your weapon is damaged, the faster it will break. If you've got a dent in your sword it's gonna give out faster than if it's pristine.

link to jam?

don't move the hands if they're on her hips

just do an on hit thing. shouldn't be too hard to add a tiny line wherever you're applying damage.

thanks doc

I was thinking something like that, yeah. Tho I think you'd have to be careful with "anything hit" cus if it's a projectile, you could fire it into the air and if the projectile comes back down to earth (say an arrow) you'd still lose condition which I don't think is fair.

>the weapon should be damaged when it strikes something, not the fucking air
that was the exact point I was making friendo

>go beat your meat if you're looking for simple stuff

>he doesn't want his algorithms and logic to be elegant in its simplicity
seems like you're the one who needs to masturbate, maybe it'll help you clear your mind of corrupt thoughts.

ok doc

totalDura = 100;
curDura = 10;
modifier = 10;

if (hit){
dura -= irandom_range(1, modifier)
}

if(dura = 0){
totalDura -= 1;
curDura = 10;
}

something like that

A gun or bow should wear out with every shot you fire, whether it lands or not. The wear and tear comes from the act of firing the projectile

A melee weapon on the other hand should only be damaged on contact.

Oh no, math ! My algorithms are unpure sluts now !
And I mean god forbid you put in some consistency in your game, swords should break on slimes right ?

Need small help with gamemaker alarms and fsm.

My Alarm is default -1 (I donĀ“t set it anywhere), I press the button which launches should do some action and launch the alarm. The alarm is set to 60 but it only starts counting down when I leave the state.

How can I fix this?

can i hire you

tubedubber.com/?q=znOGh3JhVvo:lnxQDbZrO4U:0:100:0:2:1

um, it doesn't exist yet honey. it needs an announcement first

I remember doing this assignment in early high school.

basically yes.
>A gun or bow should wear out with every shot you fire
yes but I'm skeptical as to whether that is fair
I've always taken to issue with killing slimes like that. Nothing but magic should desu. Their physical consistency seems to me like it would be impervious to punctures and slashes.

>Happy merchant simulator when
there is this game called moonlighter, looks nice and is a "sell goods during day go on dungeon raids during night" game.

alarms always gave me some trouble, i just make my own in the step event.

alarm0 += 1;

if (alarm0 >= 60) {
//do thing
alarm0 = 0;
}

they can be controlled with flags a bit better or be used on a state by state basis. could probably make a nice script for it that accepts input to be reused throughout your game too.

Nice

You know what, this makes me want to make a French Doom.
Not as in translated in french, but using french culture.
You wield your mighty baguette, and through coupious amounts of wine and camembert, you have to defeat the muslims and vote for LePen

>yes but I'm skeptical as to whether that is fair
Do you want fairness or realism?

Also keep in mind that even in a game with no weapon durability, slashing a sword at the air is a free action that players are likely to do as a fidget. But firing a gun does cost ammo. So players are already trained to not fire randomly fire their guns