/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Red stud edition

Previous adventure:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

How to make glass cannon work? Getting knocked out and freeze in turn 1 isn't fun

Reposting from earlier
Everytime I start the game it instantly crashes at the main menu

I'm assuming it would only work with a ranger that's 5 miles away using far sight

Is their initiative high and do they have something like Chameleon Skin or other mitigation for being targeted?

High initiative? My ranger is a glass canon. Start of the fight he unloads his 6 or 8 ap into the enemy. Then if he get's cced I remove the cc with someone at the end of the initiative ladder (delay turn and/or use scroll if you must).

Next turn rinse and repeat except you might not even need to repeat as enemies have cool downs on their cc too.

>Max leadership
>+66% all resistances
>+44% dodge
how is one skill allowed to be so strong

How high is that? I'm at 15 and I think it gives something like +50% all resiste/30 dodge.

Still more than enough.

owait i forgot i have a mod, its probably more balanced in base game

I'm relatively new to the game so a couple questions. Still at fort joy

1. Is magic worth it? The new armor systems irks me and 2.5 of my party members are physical (ranger seems to do both physical and magical sense the .5). As such my elemental mage seems a bit useless.

2. Would you recommend Ifan or Red Prince? I have Red Prince as an elemental mage (thinking of respeccing into physical) but something about Ifan seems like he would be an interesting companion to have and I'm not sure if I should ditch prince for him.

Magic gets better later on, ranger is op as shit all game. Try playing the mage as a healer/buffer and slow shit with geo.
Unless you're playing a female lizard you should bring RP instead of Ifan.

Just checked. It's +2/+3 per level non-modded.

Still pretty fukken huge since 100% resistance turns shit to healing.

oh my god i can't believe i ever played without the x2 out of combat movespeed mod
its so fucking awesome

>crafting overhaul adds a surprise halloween update
>limited time event
>on a single player game
What kind of retarded fuckery is this?

Evasion

so is there any possible situation besides undead where taking a deathfog barrel through the entire game and chucking it at the rest of your party during the final divintiy fight won't be amazing?

Nope, it will just do no dmg. It heals only if you go over 100% (with demon for example).

Fellas who played in co-op, can you, as a host, load a save when your buds are not connected and do boring stuff around (i.e. buyin' and sellin')?

When should I craft the armor of the eternals?
I don't have the noscaling mod installed (first playthrough) but want to get some mileage out of it.
I'm level 16 now, if it matters.

apparently Veeky Forums blocks my phone's ip

Alright, I'll stick with RP.
I have RP as the mage which is a wizard. He has restoration from a ring but his other skills don't seem to help much. His boulder skill plus fire knives works well sometimes but most damage is soaked by magic armor.
So should I put him as support instead or pursuit damage skills? For reference my party is: undead custom character (metamorph melee attacker/tank. chick is godsend), Fane as an archer (not very damaging so far and ricochet doesn't work 99% of the time. gonna respec him into a rogue because bone lockpick), Lohse as a rogue (massive massive damage dealer. gonna respec into the party archer when i respec fane), and Red Prince as the wizard (has some interesting spells and can start tons of fire. Nothing does much damage though because isolated enemies have armor and enemies that have armor whittled down are near friendlies so i cant use aoe attacks)

I'm hot off the heals of DOS:EE with Jahan having every imaginable spell learned so I have a ton of habits I need to unlearn because of the armor, ap, cooldown, and memory limitations

Chad status confirmed

>apparently Veeky Forums blocks my phone's ip
They should block everyone's phones ip tbqh
There are usually one or two enemies per group with lower magic armor than the rest, focus on them. Both pyro and geo has some good utility spells, hydro has heals so you might want to put a point or two in that. Aero shits out damage and has the best three source skill out off all the magic schools, consider respeccing in late act 2 / early act 3. Or you could be a giant faggot and max summoner or necro for bone widow and physical damage spells.

Bone lockpicks shouldn't matter by the time you get respecs.
Recipe Spoiler: Hammer + Nails = 4 x Lockpicks, and doesn't destroy the hammer
Also you can play with a party member and then dump their ass for another (do bits of one's quest, for instance.)
If you want to get rid of them for good just their shit back.

If you don't know what else to do with your mage, support is a good way to go. Focus on repairing physical/magic armor, repositioning enemies with teleport, controlling environmental hazards, maybe a buff or two. Might be a good idea to throw all the scrolls you find on that character to use so you can for example teleport or heal multiple times per turn. It sounds like your party is mostly physical oriented, but you can help them out using necromancy if it's not worth trying to break through magical armor as well as physical. Alternatively, have your party scoundrel help destroy magic armor with chloroform and gag order, or have your archer use elemental arrows. Another easy mode mage build is support summoner, where you basically just support the party as previously mentioned, but have your summons deal physical or magical damage depending on the situation and available surfaces.

These are some options, but there's many other ways for you to build. Melee staff warfare battlemage can work effectively as a damage dealer too.

>Bone lockpicks shouldn't matter by the time you get respecs.
That's true and thanks for the recipe user. But still I think I'd rather not have to worry about it at all whatsoever. Plus having undead frontlines seems most logical since poison will be on the field sometimes (I used a mod to rebalance enemy loremaster (i know im a pussy) so not every single enemy will know by default to heal my undead).
>Also you can play with a party member and then dump their ass for another (do bits of one's quest, for instance.)
I don't know why I didn't think to do this.

Thank you very for the replies anons. Since I have two undeads in my party, necromancer may be something I should consider (I've heard necro has some spells to heal undead?). Truth be told I only picked wizard because geo can heal undead but honestly health isn't much of an issue right now. It's either I'm alive or dead.
Summoner also sounds like something that I should considering that 3/4 of my party is physical and it would synergize better that way.
Alright, I feel much better now that I have an actual plan in mind. Thanks a ton anons!

Where the FUCK do you get the necromancy Last Rites? There's no information anywhere online, the wiki has jack shit

Necro gives you a passive self-heal whenever you deal damage. No specific heal undead spells, closest to that would be geo with its poisons. Necro deals mostly physical damage, inflicts bleed, creates blood surfaces which can be used to heal using either the leech talent or the bloodsucker skill regardless of whether the target is alive or undead.

Summoning really shines at rank 10, when your incarnate turns into an incarnate champion and gets a huge damage boost. Regular incarnates can be helpful too with their surface-specific skills and flexibility between damage types and infusions, but might feel a little squishy if anything decides to focus them down. I'm not sure how strong bone widow is now since it got nerfed in a recent patch, probably still strong, though it has no magic armor.

There's a lot of flexibility in this game. Get yourself to the ship so you can use the respec mirror, then go wild. Have fun!

You can get all skill books from the vendors who sell the specific skill school books. You need to reach a certain level, but I don't know what the level tiers are. 14-16, maybe? Probably not much higher than that. Level up a bit, and check back at your local necro vendor.

Ah, thanks for the info user. Maybe I can go some kinda melee necro/summoner hybrid then. Definitely summoner in the least.

>There's a lot of flexibility in this game. Get yourself to the ship so you can use the respec mirror, then go wild. Have fun!
Thanks! I've been looking for the mirror but it'll probably still take me some times since my team is super squishy (level 3).

>When should I craft the armor of the eternals?

I had enough material for two. I made one at 18 or 19 and my second at 21 as this seems to be the max lev attainable (havent finished yet). It's pretty good.

>Spend 90% of Act 1 helping the Seekers take over the Lady Vengeance
>Everyone but Malady, Gareth, Tarquin, Alexandar, and Han dies
>Ship is barren but has music as though it's supposed to be a sort of player home even though there are still corpses on it
This game's tone is confusing.

I very much agree that it is

Yeah, it was a bit fucked up when I noticed how empty the ship was. Two silent monks at the bottom for no particular reason, only a few recruitable npcs that don't really add much and only stay at the top anyway. It's kind of a nice hub, but it's so incredibly empty.
>couldn't save Booply Bear
my greatest regret desu

>roleplaying as a murderous elf who slaughters everyone in Fort Joy including the kids, who inexplicably "run away" with 0 HP
>alexander dies multiple times
>han zeroes out but technically still exists
>gareth and tarquin are long dead
>malady is still around... for now
>my murderous elf finds all of this amusing and comforting
>he hears "player home" music on his ship of corpses and smiles

the tone makes perfect sense to my guy

I was a little bit confused when the party members I didn't talk to or recruit at all just randomly turned up in the ship and then died off-screen when I recruited my old party.

Does a burning cloud count for elemental affinity or only a surface?

Did you lads kill or help Ryker? I get that Larian likes to make you feel bad about making the right decisions, but this is bugging me anyway.
His shambling servants are bound to eternal suffering and servitude, but he just wanted to use the swornbreaker

is there anything I can do to help my melee guys who get teleported into a cursed shit-hole after their first turn?

You can't teleport someone who is fortified.

Hey that was my rogue for a while. Throw haste and clear mind in here.

>he doesn't leave one far out man character out of combat range and pre-fortify his entire party before entering combat and then fortify himself as well

are you even trying

Consistency happens to other people.

Is that seriously his excuse for enslaving all those spirits? Necromancer scum deserves no mercy.

>use the swornbreaker
Did he?

So I'm about ready to leave Driftwood. Got the bow vendor from Roost's camp, the possessed girl, the succubus couple, and Jahan. Who am I missing?

I helped Gareth kill his friend and he turn all emo and left. Now I'm talking to Malady and it seems like her dialog hasn't updated yet since she tells me to find him in his parents' house. Is there any way of getting Gareth? Or should I just tell Malady it's urgent and leave?

He tries to kill you right after you handing it over, so you'll never find out

>ded general

holy shit what is happening to this game, we used to get several threads a day
please tell me this game hasn't already run its lifespan
fuck you Larian

He was dead by the time I found out about what that was.

I know that I'll be holding off a second playthrough until they patch some shit

Also it's pc only

So I think Gareth is bugged for me on the Nameless Isle.

If I convince him to spare Alexander, he goes back to the boat but stays in combat mode and I can't talk to him any more.

If I help him kill Alexander, he just vanishes. Does he go somewhere else instead?

Is he even essential? I just hope I don't have to talk to him at some point later on and wind up fucked.

If you help alex he stays in combat mode for the rest of act3 then the bug fixes itself
No idea what happens if you kill alex

>If you help alex he stays in combat mode for the rest of act3 then the bug fixes itself

Thanks for clearing that up. That alleviates my worries somewha

Now on to killing the Shadow Prince so RP can fug Sebille on his corpse

Anyone? Is this general ded?

If you kill Alexander you get the same bug. I just got past it myself.

It's dead jim

Like your hopes and dreams.

it's not fair

>Choose Sacrifice ending
>Feel like an abolute cuck to Lucian and Dallis
>Still feels like the best choice for Rivellon of the three

God damn it

Best choice is unambiguously source communism.

fellas is it gay if i can't trigger this floorplate with anything other than another party member?

i tried using a chest, furniture, summons etc

glitch through the wall

>undead dude
>dwarf dude

managed to get a sex scene, best game

>confront kemm about the stuff with the sallow man
>"OMG EVERYONE KILL THIS FUCKING GUY"
>just fighting him alone in the room while the paladins who walk in cower at the entrance
>talk to them afterwards and they don't even acknowledge the fact that I killed him

uhh...

>get to driftwood
>suddenly the enemy stats are over inflated to ridiculous proportions
>magister rangers hitting me for 300 damage

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In act 2 you basically have to throw away all your gear every time you level up and buy/steal better one

Sssh, he's a bad tipper.

I went through most of act two with underleveled gear save for the weapons that phys users used and shields on mages. Act 3 is when a single level is huge.

Act2 is fine
Act3 is shit

Should have fought him in the vault like a big boy

Why though? If you get the right Paladins in the room with him you can get all that sweet additional Xp on a 23 run without damaging your purity.

what's the point of a 23 run if you essentially skip the second hardest fight in the game

Kemm in the dungeon? You still get the fight to defend Arhu, only without Kemm. The Black Ring funnymen are still there.

If the Paladins trigger properly, I'd say both fights are pretty equal as far as challenge is concerned.

>kill radeka to free slane
>GRATZ U EARNED THE VILLIAN TAG

WHAT THE FUCK

This
>B-But muh war
Literally business as usual for any peoples prone to any form of conflict.
If they can use power to make war, they can use it to find peace.
That might come later than sooner, but hey, it's the price of freedom, so no rush.

You attacked her unprovoked I guess?

MULTIPLE SIMULTENAOUS DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES

I think only red prince got the tag, which is kinda funny since I play lohse more villian like,

Not sure what's the point of bringing the possessed girl on the Lady Vengeance since you can't save her but you can harass her with a mandrake.

>realized that it was Saheila who led her people to Nemesis (demon world) in Demon Divine ending
Absolutely madwoman.

Is it a bug that that the guy who sells scoundrel books will no longer trade once Beast has spoken to him?

I mean in Driftwood inside the inn near the basement stairs.

I got the villain tag on Lohse pretty early on. But on Red Prince I could get it straight away.

Some vendors dont sell once you have super low disposition

Yeah, pretty funny if you ask me. They fuck off to Nemesis even in the other endings btw Did Tarquin go there too?

This game is super frustrating. I'm stuck in some mode where my default action is to move, and when I hover over enemies it doesn't show any details about them whatsoever, it's making the game unplayable suddenly. I've tried reload/restarting the game, and can't find anything in the control options that explains what is happening

>Dagger+Shield
Can it work???

Except when I spoke to him without Beast I could trade and the symbol to initiate trade was in the corner of the convo box. You have to convince him to let you down.

When you bring Beast he is actually happy to see him cause they know one another, grants passage but the trade initiation symbol then vanishes and he just tells you that you can go downstairs.

Lizards and dwarves are so fucking ugly. They all are, really.

Nah, Tarquin decided to rejoin his college Magic group and go full Planeswalker.

Is there an in game explanation as to why Adramahlihk has a female body but identifies as a male

Tarquin is legitimately my favorite character. Too bad we'll never see him again.

In game? Not really, apart from demons having no gender period.

The real explanation is that originally you had to fight Lohse if Adrahmahlik got control over her, but that was scrapped at some stage.

Never say never. It would be a good way to have an addon without involving too much player choice consequences if Tarquin hired a group of mercenaries (You) to accompany him for his trip through the multiverse.

I think it's a cool idea and am actually glad they kept it as is. It certainly makes sense for demons to have no gender no matter their physical form.

>The "Elves are extinct" flavor text on some ring in Divinity II, which takes place after OSII, wasn't exactly a retcon
I'm actually somewhat impressed.

*wasn't exactly retconned, rather.

Was it rape?

Haven't played Divinity 2 or Beyond Divinity, but isn't Lucians defeat kinda fucking with those games?

Rape requires physical contact, right?
I'd say the Doc is New Orleans Shower Scene / Weinstein level of sexual assault.