/pg/ - Persona General

Previous NEWS
>Persona 5 anime coming in 2018: personacentral.com/persona-5-animation-announced-air-2018/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night revealed: persona-dance.jp/
>Persona 4 featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/
>Yosuke confirmed for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yosuke-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Chie confirmed for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/chie-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Atlus' online shop is now open: shop.atlus.com/

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 concert
mega.nz/#F!FrozXCyI!-GKGzOozZmejeAnDZQdUbw

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457

Other urls found in this thread:

personaproblems.com
polygon.com/2017/4/20/15356026/persona-5-translation-localization
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love Ann.

Where are my Pixie doujins?

I love Makotos butt

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

You realise you don't have to make a new thread at 750 right?

I came back after a few months of not steping a foot in this general. Can somone fill me in? When are we gonna get more news?

Good night everyone, especially Makoto.

Marry the detective

All of your waifus have their virtues

Be friends even when having different tastes

Hips and ass > tits desu

we have no idea
but be warned right now though /smtg/ is trying to drag down the post quality to justify how utterly miserable it was yesterday

Good night.

>it was yesterday
Explain further. I know about the SMT V announcement already did something more happen?

Anyone got some more Summer Uniform Makoto?

Kawakami a kawacutie

There was an entire concert, and all that was revealed was that the SMT Switch game we've already known about was going to be SMTV.

They weren't happy about that.

There are more but I'm too lazy to find them.
I wish I wasn't a lazy fuck and actually organized my Makoto folder.

I've been organizing my Persona folders based off artist name. It's a good damned chore.

I miss Hunger Games

I do that for a few artists with large works, but I typically just sort by character or group.

I miss video games.
I miss my mom.

Obligatory Makoto post

>It's a good damned chore.
For a loser with no life

dumpster fire over the SMT music concert
>no one wanted to restream what was a nico premium only after the first 30 minutes stream
>thread mostly had assholes saying the stream wouldn't go down or just spend $5 lmao
>someone gave out the login details for a nico account that they bought premium for
>a couple of european kids tried to change the password over and over which would log everyone out
>then the announcement game and the general became a nintendo circlejerk (pic related)

That looks tough. I'm thinking more like "groupshot" "makotojoker and "Queen"

I don't. Hunger Games belong in the /trash/.

Fuck that. I just throw everything in one folder organization would take too long.

She's mine /pg/

Have fun sharing her with half of /pg/,

I WISH. If I had no life, I could sit down and spend an entire day doing it. Instead, I have to do it during my days off, which are fucking rare.

Oh, I do that too. You'll probably see my pictures spread around /pg/. It'll have shit like, for instance, "Expuella_Fox_lifing_Oracle.png", with the first thing being the artist's name on either Twitter or Pixiv, and the rest being a rough description of the picture for when I'm searching for something.

If we all hang ourselves simultaneously, that will open the gateway to the Velvet Room. From there we can insert ourselves into any Persona game we wish.

For calm nights!
For Justice!

Please, everyone knows you have to play the Persona game.

Shame I don't have three friends...

/pg/ suicide pact when?

Goddamn, every palace after Madarame's is such a chore. I'd rather have everything take place in Mementos

Are there any girls in this gen?

I admire your dedication, you waifu is cute and homely

and this is why no one gets (You)s anymore

>Please, everyone knows you have to play the Persona game.
>Playing the Persona game
What are you, stupid?

>mfw most of /pg/ has probably only watched partial walkthroughs of the persona games and haven't played them

me

Claiming this curvy, cuddly, caring countess of my heart's castle.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I"m so proud of Ann. I love her.

Me too!

only the landwhales that fled from gaf lying in wait for the perfect moment to start spamming P5 hate

When I wear a skirt, I'm a girl

want to be my gf?
I want to fuck a qt girl while she's cosplaying as Anne

I wish she was home and I could tell her how cute she is a moment before I kiss her!

That's just Chad

There's that freak Doujin-chan

To be fair, P1 is a fucking chore, and Eternal Punishment's localization was crap. Luckily, at least P1 has a manga.

P5s localization is also crap from what I've heard, no one seems to complain though

agent lum

neogaf did

>neogaf

and now they're dead and they took all their cancer with them

>Only interested in PQ2.
>Thanks to the dancing game i'm gonna have to wait years before the game gets released in fucking Europe
>mfw
I just want my Persona EO knock off, is that too much to ask

Welcome to the Velvet Room.

The localization is fine, Japanese-directed pronounciations aside. The website of localization fuck-ups is filled with such autistic shit that they counted Futaba's quirks as examples of a bad localization.

If I had the ability I would write a program that organizes that shit for you. Couldn't be too hard considering there are sites like saucenao that give you image information. It's too bad so many artists have fucked off to Twitter though. It likely wouldn't work for images hosted there and everyone and their dog uses that nowadays.

Unless you're a professional japanese translator, your opinion isn't worth taking into consideration

I really fucking hate the raw amounts of pointless dialogue in the dungeon. Half the fucking game is dialogue already, let me fucking play goddamnit. They don't have to Dora the Explorer spell out every little thing that you need to do.

>Couldn't be too hard considering there are sites like saucenao that give you image information.

You'd be surprised how many images that don't get sourced by those sites.

Most of the localization complaints I see are directed towards how Goro was handled in Shido's dungeon.

t. The faggot who made this website
personaproblems.com

Welcome to JRPGs bitch

Didn't read that one
polygon.com/2017/4/20/15356026/persona-5-translation-localization

Gonna tickle that ahoge

Yeah, that's another issue it'd have. Like the user would probably be able to find the source if they searched manually when redirected from the program, but that takes away from the whole "fully automated" concept. It'd be 10x easier if more websites had account-identifying information in the filenames but realistically you can't expect that.

>With dialogue this distinct, even someone who's never touched the game could at least wager a guess as to Teddie's personality: chipper, goofy, a little dense, and not above using the occasional pun. It's well-defined characters like these that help make a game truly memorable
I swear to god P4fags are like American democrats

I'm not sure if I'd call a localization that frequently conflates mental shutdowns and "psychotic breakdowns"/berserk incidents, occasionally even mixing them up, on top of things like messing up several details regarding the antagonists' side of the story or randomly adding a mention of a sin to Futaba's calling card when the original text didn't even have one (and she's supposed to be wrath, not sloth, as the trophy for her dungeon notes) "fine." A lot of characters' speech mannerisms were also not handled well, though that stems in part from the localization as a whole being too dry (likely due to being rushed, rather than taking the time to properly edit everything to flow well; only a few of the editors on the localization team seem to have bothered to do that). Then there's some outright embellished dialogue, like the ENG version of the text in pic related (Morgana's dialogue following the chat after you secure the treasure route for Shidou Palace) changing him going "I'm sure he really..." and trailing off to "I think in his heart he might not have been so bad...".

It's mostly serviceable, but I can't in good faith call a localization that hurts characterization (and by extension the characters' reception in the west) and messes up story details "fine."

>turn around
>see this autist
What's with this school's girls stalking all of the boys? Shujin is truly beyond help.

Wrath is Cognitive Wakaba, not Futaba.

Joker's not an autist, you asshole.

It actually is Futaba, her wrath is directed towards herself

thought you couldnt take screenshots on the playstation

This. Sloth, as I understand it, would be total apathy. Futaba certainly wasn't apathetic, as she actively wanted to die.

>playstation
user...

Is it actually runnable on PC now?

No, it's Futaba. The word the JP version uses for the sin of wrath, 憤怒, can also refer to wrath/resentment against oneself, and Futaba's palace stemmed specifically from her (falsely) blaming herself for her mother's death so much that it made her suicidal. Cognitive Wakaba is just another manifestation of her self-directed wrath (hence her dialogue), but Futaba's entire palace stems from that self-wrath.

Yeah, the "sloth" thing in Futaba's calling card was added in the localization and doesn't actually fit Futaba. Sloth is actually used for Mementos, with the last area even being called the prison of sloth (怠惰の監獄) and the Holy Grail/its core being referred to as a manifestation of sloth.

Futaba's calling card is another case of the localization embellishing text where the original trailed off (you only hear two brief snippets from her calling card in the JP version, and they don't specify a sin; only the trophy for her palace does).

That's not quite how it works user

where are their pants? prisoners should at least be given clothes

With a good CPU, yeah. Though there are still some visual glitches that I can't work out, sprites getting fucked on resolutions higher than default, for example.

i only bought p5 for this moment and i havent found it yet, what gives?

Wait til ng++++

I see. Wrath against onesself does make sense, but it raises the question of why no one has Sloth while we have Greed and Vanity at the same time

who would win a nosefencing match, igor or crow

Hmm mine is decent, i5-7600k. What cpu are you on?
Being able to play with all the dlc, without getting jewed would be ncie

whats worse, mouse puzzles, space tunnels, or everything about saes palace?

Space tunnels. Mouse puzzles are an extremely close second though.

Space tunnels
Biggest problem with Sae's palace is you don't see enough Sae

Space tunnels easily

you never see shido in his until the very end

fucking mouse puzzles

Like I said, sloth is associated with Mementos (the palace of the public/masses). The final area is specifically called the prison of sloth, its treasure (the grail/Yaldabaoth) is stated to be a manifestation of sloth, and the public connected to it has gotten so slothful they just want to remain complacent and let someone lead them.

It doesn't get a trophy of its own, but it's not left unassigned.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

yeah but nobody wants to look at that hage

Everyday until Haruween

Ancient i7-3770k. It works, though it's not exactly enough.