/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

KINO edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Tried to use Thunder Magic against Zinogre

behead those who insult hammer

reminder that the discord is responsible for literally 100% of the shitposting in this thread

Does /mhg/ play games like Diablo too? After playing some XX with all the styles and hunter art action and other Diablo like gameplay I'm in the mood for a proper hack n slash without the gathering crap on the side.

Which ones are most like Monster Hunter? Also are there any mmo games that are kind of like Monster Hunter XX too? With huge AoEs and special moves kind of gameplay. Thanks.

So, what's your Discord number?

>Which ones are most like Monster Hunter?
There's this hack and slash Korean MMO called Vindictus. The game suffers from a slew of technical and support-related issues, but the combat is visceral, fast-paced, and extremely satisfying. The game is pretty challenging too. I couldn't handle the freemium nature of the game and technical problems it has, owing to running on a 2007 version of the Source engine, but it's decently engaging to a new player.

>still no PC release date

Does it surprise you? The game is only releasing on PS4 in Japan. Xbox is probably an easy port job, but a good PC version will take them more time. Right now they probably only give a hoot about the PS4 version, which is the only one that has been demoed anywhere as far as I know.

Why wouldn't a 'mage' class use what the monsters themselves use?
>fire - Rathalos' conflagrant sac
>lightning - supercharged thunderbugs
>Ice - Barioth's cryo sac
etc etc

Am I a bad person for using Brave LS? It's just too easy. Slapping monsters around feels so good.

There needs to be a faoindation for the gameplay system to build around. It would be impossible to design something unique 42 time over.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

>water - bucket of water

use whatever you have fun with

I missinterpretted what you said.

No, because Brave LS is fun

I mean it'd definitely be workable, might make a nice spin on a new Gunner weapon. Only thing is we already have Bow for charged ranged attacks, so you'll have to make it distinct form that somehow.

hello i am the thread drawfag and this is my drawing contribution today.

You forgot the trailing red LED eyes

Thank you for your shitpost.

Hey guys was looking and couldn't find a Toukiden thread can I post here? Looking to get to phase 12 so I can get Izanagi im around phase 8 now.

el gigante looks precious

Heh.

Requesting mage man.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm sweeite?????? not everyone monster in frontier has neon spikes u know. there are some that don't >.>

*posts pic of deviant astalos*

fucking excellent

Is anyone hunting tonight?

What game?

4U

anyone else feeling burnt out on hunting

this is the only game i feel like playing nowadays too

Can I be part of the Grandpa club now?

Spear/Javelin and Shield

>Works similar to Lance with long fast thrusting attacks, but with high mobility like SnS and weak blocking
>While holding block, holding X will start a 3 phase charge, releasing X will throw your javelin (level of charge determines both distance and power), you then ready a new javelin from the bundle in your shield hand
>If it hits a monster it'll get stuck, which can then be retrieved by running up and pressing light attack near the protruding javelin, this does extra damage
>Holding block and holding down Y will start a 3 phase charge (during this animation you gain lance level guard), each level of charge results in a longer and more powerful thrust, level 3 releases a quick flurry of 4 powerful thrusts

Whoever designed the overhanging terrain needs to be fucking fired? I'm sick of Kecha Wacha and Nerscylla goofing it the fuck up on the opposite side of where I am for half of their hunts.

Climb onto the top until they follow you
Kecha's really easy to knock down with how low he hangs though

KEK

I fucking love you.

Yeah I am but I'm playing other games. I still play some 3U but I'm mostly finishing off SMG 2 on my Wii U now while waiting for my chink SATA PS2 adaptor to come. By the time PC World is out I should be fresh and ready to start hunting all day again.

>seregios hopping around like a goddamned meth addict with ADHD

was he this fucking intolerable in 4U? jesus fucking christ.

What am I looking at here? I can't see shit through all the fog.

I hate to be this guy but pls git gud

I can shit on him like any other monster, he's not hard, just fucking annoying.

A Troublesome Pair

Well what monster isn't annoying in XX? Annoying and hp bloated monsters is the games whole gimmick to force you to use styles, hunter arts and online. Shit game design all around.

>Annoying
There aren't that many annoying monsters in XX, though. Deviants come to mind, but those aren't mandatory for anything, really. The only truly fucking annoying monsters I can think of are Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, and Uragaan, and only one of those was reworked for X/XX.

>bloated
Only hypers and Super Deviants are truly bloated. Everything else can be killed in 10 minutes or less by a competent player.

Am I the only one who didn't notice any difference in kill times between guild and other styles? besides anomalies like brave LS that deleted monsters

What do you plan on posting?

>monsters ported straight from 4u and other games
>claim that they're only annoying in XX

What did the retard mean by this?

you fucked up
now i know what your "normal" posts look like

implying I didnt just meme on u

Do we know enough about World to compare it to 4U for example?
I just want to hunt, but I'll save replaying the older games for the eventual death of the series.

>Do we know enough about World to compare it to 4U for example?
All we know about World is that they've revealed very few returning monsters, a handful of brand new monsters, there are 12 maps, there are major weapon changes, armor skills and BM/Gunner armor has been overhauled, and there's an in-game wiki. There's other stuff, but that's the most notable.

We don't know anything about the progression or endgame, so we can't compare it to 4U.

Well what else is there to hunt that isn't Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, and Uragaan, Seregios, Brachydios, hypers and super deviants? Jet dragon or weird and out of place garbage like mantis? There's no fun hunts in XX.

How do you like your Diablos today, user?

Fishing
Anyone is welcome
53-7085-6623-8929

I see, thanks.

Black.

Based teenbro. You sure pwnd him! Upboat!

>Well what else is there to hunt that isn't Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, and Uragaan, Seregios, Brachydios, hypers and super deviants?
I dunno, maybe one of the several dozen other monsters in the game?

>there's no fun hunts in XX
(You)

he will be in world'st'vese's, right?

>I dunno, maybe one of the several dozen other monsters in the game?
Such as? I'm genuinely curious to know. I'll give XX another try with your recommend fun hunts.

>the game's monsters are all annoying and boring if you only include the annoying, boring ones

wow

he looks like the pokebean man from pokemon SM

>the sheer number of weapons in XX

Is Blanche in there?

>the sheer number of weapons in XX

>the sheer number of viable weapons in XX

Grimmblick being one of the best hammers makes my dick tingle.

doesn't matter where's the tonfas LOL

No.

And all unviable when compared to Atlal weapons.

I hope this cunt is gone for good

Doesn't XX's roster encompass most of every generation? If you mean monsters exclusive to XX, though, the Fated Four are good fun.

>unviable
You don't know what that word means

Are you implying that the returning monsters in X/XX behave exactly the same as they did in the previous games they were in?

I noticed this as well while I was playing XX the other day. Seregios would just not stop jumping away, literally worse than blangonga. haven't played 4U to compare though

It means you need to be kicked from any end game hunt unless you're using Atlal weapons.

Despite their huge raw, massive purple, and slots, Atlal weapons are only marginally better than other options. This is due to the Purple Sharpness nerf in XX.

For example, the Shredclaw LS, sitting at the same raw, positive affinity, has virtually infinite White without the need for Sharpness +2, freeing up your skills to use something like Crit Boost, Weakness Exploit, Challenger+2, and CE+3 to bring you to 100% affinity on an enraged weak spot.

In the majority of cases, a 100% Affinity, crit boosted Shredclaw LS will out damage an Atlal Ka LS with comparable skills.

Only an idiot believes that mantis weapons are the best regardless of what type of weapon your using.

He's replaced by a superior poison bird

G Rank Seregios is the worst in XX. You need aerial and paralysis weapons to hunt it properly. Not even Apex Seregios was so swoopy and annoying to hunt.

>Zenith Hyuji still not dropping common rares

I had to kill a million g regios for a lens in XX and this isn't even remotely true

>common rares
what did he mean by this?

Just stab it in the legs, it falls over more often in either game than fucking Nerscylla does in 4U

Fuck off nephlol.

>common rares

I'm doing white fatty runs in FU and i can barely bring myself to start the game up anymore

To an extent yes, but Steve was easier to trip over in that game. In Gen it got some more lenient hitzones in general though.

*runs over you instantly for 50% of your health*

You're thinking of Rathian

fuck you i need my art of unsheathing jewels

How do I know if I'm hunting with a trannysexual? Any tells that I need to be aware of?

What do you mean by trannysexual?

any female characters are guaranteed

A female (male).

They use status weapons exclusively

They like a lot doing RP.

>yfw they'll turn on blood only for Basarios and other "rock-like" monsters in the volcano reveal trailer just to troll us.

>having trouble with the xx seregios
Holy shit you are fucking terrible

might want to work on your reading comprehension

Sasuga Capcom