/simg/ simulation games general

need advice for the french bread edition

Previous ded: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ!SllhVJxT
operationbarbarossa.net/combat-aircraft-versus-armour-in-wwii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for fuck you discord faggots

so

i've got about 1-2 hrs in the module

quickly read throught the manual

here some questions
1) is there a way to switch between magics and 530s without manually clicking their own button?
think about the wep switch for the f16

2)i've got the INS-align procedure down, but im confused with the decimal-seconds coordinates you have to input in.
some tutorials dont even mention it, others are unclear about the calculation needed to convert from seconds to decimals.
this is my understanding
F10 map - ° and ' are ok, and for the " 60/100 of that value

is it correct ?

other methods simply tell you to change the read out on the misc setting menu, but since every other plane in dcs uses the standard values, i'd have to change it every time i switch plane..

the ecm has 2 modes when on

the square one and the other prioritizing jamming over radar

how much stronger is the 2nd ?
is it worth it ? does it completely turn off your radar ?

thanks for the answers

Don't you die on me!

i hate you all

on the other hand hoggit is full of normies and tryhards

ill get back to my solo silent hunter campaigns

>1) is there a way to switch between magics and 530s without manually clicking their own button?
PCA and Magic/Cannon switches are on the hotas, so what you do is when you fence in, you flip the master arm, select your 530's and that's it, from here you can control your 530s as needed and have cannon and magics on the hotas quick select (they're for dogfights)

If you need to switch back, you hit the PCA button, which restores the selection you made on the PCA (duh), since that one is still on 530, you effectively switch back to 530s. This also works with any bombs you may have loaded.

t. eternal kraut

danke

im fucking in love with this blane
even though it's pretty old it had some cool and advanced features like the virtual runway for low-vis landings and an early MWS

Hello lads.
I decided to share mega full of various manuals with you. For now it's only various plane and helicopter manuals, but later I plan to add other various stuff like Technical, Field and other manuals. Most of credit goes to some redditor I can't recall name who posted it on hoggit. I took it, to improve it.

mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ!SllhVJxT

If you have ANY suggestions regarding directory structure, incorrect name, want to add something or anything else, feel free to ask here or in discord.

I'm actually looking to get into this now that I have a PC that can handle it. Do any of you have actual proper setups for flight sims? Was just looking at this. Is there any use at all for this sort of thing or is it just pissing away money

any CMANO players here?

remind the future(?) op to add it to the intro text

I added it to pastebin already, so if next OP uses pastebin, it will be great

logitech g ?

saitek got bought off by logitech ?

>people are actually voting for transport helicopters on polychop's poll

How to French
>Get in Gazelle
>Scream "POUR FRANCE"
>Proceed to HON HON BAGUETTE OUI OUI

They should add transports because further down the line they'll have to make playable inf to justify that shit m8

And I want to napalm actual players in nam by the time im 40 so

That's well and good but in this decade anyone voting for a fucking CH-53 when we could be getting a supercobra or tiger should be lynched.

hon hon hon
the rafale carries so many extra fuel tanks mon brain le vais en merde

Modern aircraft are absolute shit for gameplay that isn't one-sided COIN

I absolutely hate anything 4th/5th gen and I know for a fact that people ask for those modules because they have bad ADD tokyo drift taste and they want shiny bright light and don't care about actual gameplay

In fact modern warfare is just an absolute turd, literally nowhere to hide (and we aren't getting stealth aircraft ever) look down/shoot down ruins doing cool shit like sneak attacking airbases and the only strategy is just pure missile spam.

ground attack is infinitely more fun with guided weapons

>basketball is infinitely more fun when the net is on the ground and you can just walk up and place it in

you sound like a butthurt prop nostalgiafag

turning in circles or boom n zooming all day long is way more fucking boring than modern jet combat

operationbarbarossa.net/combat-aircraft-versus-armour-in-wwii/
Yes let's go back to the era when aircraft were literally useless against anything with armor. Nothing says fun gameplay like having a 2% chance of hitting anything of value smaller than a factory.

Why do you assume I mean WW2?

What I want is a focus on 1955-1991. Hi-tech but with room for tactics that the limitations of the technology required. 1999 and onwards, the sensors are so powerful that there's nowhere to hide so there's no fun just standoff spam. Why would you want AWACS that can see 6 trillion miles and S-400 firing at shit two countries across?

A bombing computer + rockeyes or mavericks will deal with tanks. But my point is dumb bombing shit is more fun because it takes more skill, not that you shouldn't get PGMs.

also when I said I hated 4th gen I meant the tail end of it

>S-400 firing at shit two countries across
Why is the S-400 so feared? t. pleb who is just getting into sims

I had a question about the Mig-21.

But I have no idea what it was, so here's a bump.

Whats Ekelund Ranging and what's the formula?

aw gee, 10 already?

hunter call of the wild is a comfy hunting sim, would that be appropriate for this general?

It's not really one thing in particular it's just really capable. One thing about modern SAM's that they operate in a way that makes RWR's unable to tell when a missile launched even though they can detect the presence of the radar. Russian SAM's are also much better than Western ones since they rely on them a lot more.

At this point anything would be appropriate

Let's see does it meet the requirements?

>bumps our ded as fuck thread so that we last a whole day

Wow you're in!

HON HON HON
Utilize la Gazelle pour non probleme de la carburant, et pour HON HON HON LANCE MISSILE DE BAGUETTE

DON'T 404 ON ME, NOW, THREAD!

Also, it's nice having a decent rotorcraft with a simple piston engine semi-accurately modeled, though most Bell 47s don't have a governor, so that's nice

Yeah, I play.

How's the flight model now?

simg I have a problem with helicopters in DCS, particularly the Huey and MI-8
I can't seem to get it where I'm going straight and level. you see, I have a spring-loaded joystick that has no resistance control. So I'm constantly fighting the spring

Apparently force feedback joysticks are better, but I don't have one of those. I SHOULD be able to make it fly straight and level using the trimmer, but I seemingly don't know how to use it yet because pressing the trimmer just saves my last joystick position

Can someone give advice? I like the huey but I am so bad at it. It's embarrassing watching myself jittering around like a spaz in tacview.

>this shit is still alive
let it die you fucking imbiciles

fuck you pedo

shut up, custard

there are no nicknames here, get back to your shit-s-cord for that, attention whore

haha lol so funny upvoted!

haha it's true

lol so true reddit gold!

also kill anime

haha i got btfo
lets act retarded

lel

REEEEE

kys

kek

*smug*

also kill custard

Can we stop these shenanigans? Let's be civilised folk here now!

tell the weebfaggot to stop leave
also tripfag

Can someone please help me with ?

im not an expert and own the huey only
but i'd say heli rides are not the same as what you'd get on a plane

they're not 100% stable.
if you're constantly correcting with rudder and cyclic here and there, that's normal

of course you have to TRIM it out to get a more comfy ride

Anyone have Modern Air Power game from John Tiller Software?

Can you remove the spring?

My nose just bounces around, though. I know it's not supposed to be like that because I see other people fly straight and level

Not that I know of. I haven't tried taking apart the jotystick, though.

take off, gain some altitude(get out of ground effect), pitch nose down and trim it (huey) adjust the collective a bit then leave it there.

after you done that the heli shouldnt bounce up n down much unless you have some turbolence

those trees will be collidable in dcs 2.5 right ?

yeah boi

It looks like the AH-1W is gonna win the poll. I'm so happy

You assume too much that a poll means that you are going to have it. They need to go through legal.

>what is hunter: call of the wild?
Hunter: Call of the wild (COTW for short) is a hunting simulation game and a sequel to the title "the hunter: classic".
>What's changed in the sequel?
Pretty much everything, where classic is a free to play game with mediocre graphics, COTW is a one time payment (excluding the dlc goy) with graphics so good that at times you forget you're in the game
Unfortunately the dlc that isn't included is 4 wheelers, so good luck traversing the 25 square KM maps without them.

Oh good.

I'm really glad this thread is here! I wanted to share my latest adventure, that was going so well... I was flying this hot rod in FSX from Paris to Berlin, recreating the old "West Berlin Air Corridors" that western nations used safely bypass the air defenses of East Germany to land in western Berlin. And it was going so well until the middle of the descent.

WHEN THE GOD DAMN SIMULATOR CRASHED

MOTHERFUCKER

I have the throttle quadrant. If you have any need for mixture or prop governor levers then it's GOAT
>also will do reverse thrust for jets
>prop lever doubles as a throttle for Helis
>I assign the mixture to the fuel lever of my DCS: MiG-15Bis so I get super immersive engine starts.
>rocker switches for cowl flaps, and rudder trim for prop planes.

just pretend you got shot down and ww3 started

It entered service in 1986 and has almost been entirely phased out by the AH-1Z. It certainly has a better chance than the EC665 or T-129. There's also already a licensed bell product in DCS.

I was 30 miles inside of West German airspace! There's no question, the bombers are being scrambled now.....

SKYKING SKYKING SKYKING SKYKING DO NOT ANSWER
MUSHROOM
I REPEAT
MUSHROOM
ANDREWS OUT

I have no problem calling this a sim, looks great

It's comfy as hell user, sitting and listening for prey moving foliage or tracking it down are both really well implemented, the snow map is spoopy at night especially with the yeti rumors

That's all from me tonight anons

>yeti
>realistic
not a sim

>Mig-21 sight follow seeker head
yeah DCS is trash, back to BMS guys

>star trek
>realistic
not a sim

>he doesnt know it's actually there
>the fag
retard

why no more updates ?

two weeks

>Squad

the devs finally dropped that shit and ran away with the early access monay?

not yet...