/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

Stop crying about freddy already, the milk isn't even let alone split yet... edition.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/2765630416810027665/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

Holy shit, is that a dead thread?!:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBtrUqZSlw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Freddy's old news. When's Ghostface?

First for original Freddy.

+1 for the main man himself

Really, he's the only Freddy. It's not like Michael Myers or Jason where it's just body acting and the man in the mask doesn't matter. And Englund was in, what, 7 movies, while the new guy was in one that never received a follow up.

Actually, 8 movies I believe.

It's going to be a remake Freddy, deal with it

I'm legitimately curious, what's the actual chances of us getting him? Scream was pretty good, and his lack of face would make securing the rights easier, but the movie itself was kind of a horror 'parody'. He seems more likely than Chucky at least, and there won't be much competition for licensed characters after Freddy because we already have the big three now.

freddy is the one i actually was afraid of as a kid
being fucked up in your sleep is terrifying you know
stupid little song with creepy kids singing didnt help either

Ghostface doesn't seem remarkable enough to warrant adding to the game, especially since we already have Michael Myers.

>play against a streamer
>watch the vod later
>they were in a 3 man swf
>they say how bad you are while you wipe them into a 4k with only one of them pipping
Survivors, not even once

Scream is the most profitable film in the slasher genre and one of the most well known. Icons like Jason and Myers are more well known now because of their identities, but Scream was an insanely popular movie for its time.

>the call is coming from inside the locker

Which killer/s has the fastest base move speed abilities aside? Finding people all day but my chase game is wank.

I feel like if you don't play billy or nurse you're gimping yourself, mobility is king.

Hag, Huntress, Nurse and EW1 Myers are all slower than average, with Nurse being the slowest. All other killers as far as I am aware move at the same speed without factoring in abilities.

>two survivors get selected as Ghost Face
>dbd but it's actually deceit

Please let it be the original trio.

Thanks for the spoonfeed. Trying to get better as Trapper just feel a little under powered compared to others. I guess learning the maps more will help with trapping and choke point locations.

Never ever. Original Freddy is too cool for dbd. Straightforward remake Freddy will translate better into scooby doo gameplay of the dbd

Remake Freddy was so fucking boring, I knew from the first trailer that movie was gonna be disappointing.

Is it even possible to translate an old slasher movie well to these days?

Cell phones.

>rarely play Hag
>have a 9 sac Hag daily
>get put against a 3 BNP team
>gens done in minutes
>a couple stick around but I mostly ignore them
>come across the hatch
>put a trap next to it because I know they'll get greedy
>go around a corner and wait with Insidious
>it trips
>warp to it just in time to yank him out
>get this shit in chat

Apparently doing gens super fast and escaping with under 12K is farming.

>the dead guy has more points than the "farmers"
ebin

Also got this from the one match where I did well. Last guy camped by the hatch while the other died on the hook.

I have hag but I really need to watch/read a guide or something 'cause I suck badly, I didn't even consider Insidious

I mean Freddy doesn't really suffer from heightened communication at all, if anything an even more modern setting would probably be a huge boon for him, but the problem with the remake was all they did was make Freddy a joyless kiddy fiddler.

I wonder if we get another a trailer today

Wasn't the Myers trailer released last year on this day? So maybe

At this point I hope DbD's Freddy will have a recognizable but unique facial appearance. Englund was never going to happen because that's a real person, but Remake-Freddy's face just doesn't look like Freddy.

I'm actually curious as to how the rights for Freddy works, because there's enough makeup and prosthetic that they might be able to slide through and avoid paying for the rights to use the actor's likeness. I wonder where the line is drawn.

Unhook

Yes. For Halloween Chapter it went:
Teaser - Oct 5, 2016
Trailer+Spotlight - Oct 24, 2016
Released - Oct 25, 2016

Tomorrow?

Aww yish. Let's hope it's not at the end of the month

speaking of this
>steamdb has just been updated
>not a dev build
looking good, we'll see

Same happened last thursday and nothing came of it.

this is true, wasn't a shipping build tho

It was.

Freddy Cuckger needs to come out already. Me and my swf bros are all deranked and ready to kick some ass.

same desu

post yfw spotlight tonight

POP

>expect a trailer tonight
>DLC drops instead

why does NOED trigger people so much?

They don't like being punished for blatant greed.

Because they expect they can still run out/lose you with one hit taken and then they're down, and they're pissed. It's not hard to get.

>people unhooking me next to the killer
>killer hooks me again
>end up with the last amount of points
>not even a pip

youtube.com/watch?v=SBtrUqZSlw4

Because they want to mock the killer by taunting him because they "know" they can take 1 hit before escaping

>mfw the survivors want to farm each other

Hope you been doing your dailies user, you need to start saving up!

JUST GIVE BREDDY

Love dbd but this dlc bs is making me upset

>do 3 gens on my own
>1 gen remaining
>random niggrette and me still alive
>nigrette get's caught
>thinking about saying fuck it and wait for the hatch
>go for the unhook
>p3 trapper with insidious waiting for me
>I unhook myself in front of the killer
>hooked again
Why didn't that nigrette just killed himself to let me take the hatch?

Can you all just shut the fuck up about remake Freddy or original Freddy? No one fucking cares. We need scary killers like Slenderman or The Rake.

what did you mean by that?

IM DONE WITH DBD

who ready for the first leatherface perk on the shrine tonight?
who ready for knock out?

>tfw you stand up against unjustified bullying despite dying because the killer won fairly and nicely
good feeling desu

>its another guy who thinks because he spent $20 on the base game that the devs should just keep making content and give it all for free

>Predo-Freddy will be in the fog with MY Feng
No!

How will Freddy and Anna get along?

fuck frogs can't build hype

If thats gonna happen they're gonna release freddy today alongside making BBQ a hex perk and then putting it on the shrine.

Stay pure user.

Anna will protect them against Freddy.

>tfw no 2v8 so I can roleplay as protective axe mommy

>tfw no 2v8 where I can roleplay Jason versus Freddy with Trapper
or the movie we never got but always deserved, Micheal versus Freddy

why does freddy vs myers make more sense?

so whats the plan for freddy? is there gonna be a stream showing the other two perks and more info on him? then on thursday he'll be released?

Embodiment of darkness vs ruler of nightmares is better than undying autist vs ruler of nightmares.

Why do people nurseshame but leave billyfags alone

Myers is clearly the autistic one. Evil autistically personified vs ruler of nightmares is still a lot better than brute zombie with a distate for sex vs ruler of nightmares. Well if there had been more sex in those Jason nightmares maybe I could have given it a few points.

Billy + add-ons = tryhard fucks. Instabilly and turnbilly are busted against any lobby that isn't full of tryharding, good survivors, or SWF.

>Billy + add-ons = tryhard fucks. Instabilly and turnbilly are busted against any lobby that isn't full of tryharding, good survivors, or SWF.
what?

I mean if you're gonna reduce Jason that way, Michael's really just a sociopath/sperg suffering from a retarded druid curse if you wanna pretend that Curse of Michael Myers was ever worth caring about.

Hillbilly with add-ons that decrease charge time and cooldown of the chainsaw is total bullshit. Racecar Billy with add-ons that allow him to turn sharp corners is also total bullshit.
Still takes skill to use, but even the most braindead killer can backrev and run around the map with that shit. Nurse-level easymode yet they feel like they're good.

well it's not like we have infinite addons to use unlike survivors so it's just one game.

Survivors have instant blinds, heals, and repairs. Stop bitching about killers killing, as if they're job is to just babysit you and let you leave.

"The killers job is to create an immersive and fun experience for the survivors!" Meanwhile...

>pallet looping
>teabagging
>genrushing
>bodyblocking
>hit tanking
>2nd chancing
>borrowing timing
>self healing
>exit gate stalling
>hatch dancing
>hook lucking
>locker dodging
>tool abusing
>voice chat using
>stream sniping
>addon stacking

Yeah and we are the ones ruining immersion....right. Survivors can get fucked.

worst part is that some swf faggots have the guts to complain

One breaks all the chase mechanics of the game and the other does not.

>One breaks all the chase mechanics of the game
>I can't loop to victory, hoo hiss, nurse is op and anyone who players her is a faggot

t. whining bitch

>genrushing
>hit tanking
>2nd chancing
>hook lucking
>locker dodging
>tool abusing
>addon stacking

Those are all non-issues.

t. swf main who can't play the game without cheating

I'm not bitching, just saying killers also have bullshit stuff and Billy with add-ons is one of those bullshit things.
He's still balanced tho, if you use the bullshit against survivor bullshit.

EVERY SINGLE PALLET BREAKING
EVERY SINGLE HOOKING
ALL I HEAR IS THIS FAG SAYING POP
MAKE IT STOP

I forgot

>salad dodging
>crisco bathing
>lard gargling

>genrushing
>a thing
You mean doing the objective? What are survivors supposed to do, walk around the map till the killer finds them?

>drop well timed pallet on Nurse
>get hit anyway

>free to use every tracking perk due to broken ability

>can teleport down into the basement for some reason

>aim assist out the ass thanks to console parity

She is op but I honestly don't care because survivor mains are literal scum.

What the hell are
>hit thanking
>second chancing
>hook lucking
>locker dodging
>tool abusing

supposed to mean? Plus, how are survivors supposed to stream snipe? Most can't tell if the killer is a streamer till after they die, not to mention a killer can do that too

>80$ for the full game
>DBD fags will defend this

>hit tanking
Taking a hit for your friend or tanking a hit so you can unhook while the killer is stuck in animation
>second chancing
tons of perks that give survivors another chance to get away
>hook lucking
the 4%
>locker dodging
using a locker to dodge a chainsaw and then escape while hes stuck in animation
>tool abusing
do i really need to explain this?

Reminder that it isn't always survivors being assholes

The paid killers are crap and you can all the perks in the shine.

>all dem tryhard perks XD
says the faggot with all the survivor meta perks and bnp
These cucks are hopeless

>The paid killers are crap
>Doctor
>crap
>Myers
>crap

Yes