Careers

What do you guys do for a living?
Do you enjoy it or are you just doing it so you can get by?

I've been looking for a new job because I;m getting tired of working in retail. I've been seeing a lot of entry lvl HR/recruiting jobs in my area and I thought about applying.

Anyone here work in HR or as a recruiter? Is it true that recruiters pretty much just cold call people all day long and spam peoples emails?

I work as a business writer. Not a bad job. I wish it paid more, but whatever. I plan on staying with my company and then moving into a more corporate role.

I used to be in tech support which I actually loved until I started trading cryptos. I was making more money in a week than I was in a month sitting at my desk answering phones and shit.

I decided to quit my job so that I could go to school full time and get it over with. I kept trading and my wife saw the gains so she started giving me money (because I was jobless) and I would put it into crypto. Kept doing it until I was able to make more than 200 a day by buying low/selling high repeatedly. I will never go back to work, this money is too easy.

Regional dealer support manager in the automotive industry

As a job, I don't find it that much more fulfilling than jobs in the past. I worked in finance, IT, and marketing. They all have their pros and cons. Pay is great at least.

Stop waiting for HR to come to you and get your ass into gear. No legitimate recruiter would hunt you down if you are a low level in retail.

Op here I've also been looking into IT field. I thought about going back to community college and getting some kind of cert in IT. I've been told to also looking into codecademy and also seeing if I can get a help desk job.

Is there anyone in IT that can give me some tips in getting into this field?

Transcriptionist. At least I was recently promoted to editor and I now review other people's shit and correct their mistakes instead of having to write until my hands are numb.

I can't complain at all. I make $10 a day, which is average for my 2nd world country.

Get your A+, get help desk job.

Not sure why you need to use code academy. You don't do much programming, though its nice to know Python.

Do you know what field of IT you want to get into?

I work in commercial real estate. We broker multifamily residential. Everyone in my industry is just working to buy property and then coast. It really does make the rich richer. Shits cray

>Kept doing it until I was able to make more than 200 a day by buying low/selling high repeatedly. I will never go back to work, this money is too easy.

How do you know what to pick? Like do you buy when something is going down, or just as it looks to be picking up?

>Is there anyone in IT that can give me some tips in getting into this field?
Apply for help desk positions at local Managed Services Providers. They're always looking for warm bodies.

>Get your A+
Don't do that
>get help desk job
Do that.

^^^^^^
Colleges / schools too
Simultaneously git gud at programming and move up the ranks

>Don't do that
Why not?

>Apply for help desk positions at local Managed Services Providers. They're always looking for warm bodies.
They all need 2+ years of experience.
I have an MTA: Networking Fundamentals cert but I don't know if I should try to get more.

>Why not?
Have you ever actually looked at the A+ exam topics? 95% of that shit is not relevant in a corporate IT position. If you want to work at Joe's PC repair and fix grandma's computer, then sure go for it.

>They all need 2+ years of experience.
Like all entry level jobs, that's what they want not what they need. Polish up your resume and spam that shit out until you get interviews.

>I have an MTA: Networking Fundamentals cert but I don't know if I should try to get more.
Protip: certs don't supplement experience, they VALIDATE it. As someone who occasionally helps hire dudes, it's a huge red flag when I see someone with a bunch of certs and no relevant experience.

How do you get experience without a job? Get some VMUG eval licenses and build a vmware lab. Get a VIRL license and emulate switches, routers, firewalls, etc. Put that shit on your resume in addition to spamming applications.

investment banking
I'm not a fan, but I'm good at it and gets the bills paid and then some. I figure I'll quit when I've had enough

banker

i want to kill myself every day

i originally started work dreaming of having money to drive beemers, travel, and have a qt waifu.

i achieved each of those goals.

now all thats left is me hating my life every minute at work, and scrouging to save so i can retire within 10 years.

Addendum. The ONLY reason to get an A+ is if you want to work in a government job that requires it for whatever stupid reason.

CPA, specializing in corp tax.

Will do. Thanks for the advice user

what do you do? I'm in m&a

Relationship manager at a major 401k recordkeeper.

No. I don't like the job, and frankly I'm starting to sour on the company even though I've been with them for over a decade.

information security
love it

Mom? Get the fuck off my website dammit!

I work at an embassy

data analysis and reporting for a major financial institution. it's monotonous and not exciting, but the pay is quite good and I work 40 hours. Pro tip for those still in school: get good at math, get good at microsoft office products, and learn how to interact with human beings professionally. that last one might be the hardest for my fellow anons but people will vouch for you if they like you and that means a lot.

Attorney. Not the single most exciting job in the world but beats my old job in finance

Astrophysist. I love the workplace and the math is cool.

They never fucking elaborate do they?

Working my way towards an Operation Manager position with my company within the year. I do refinery work and it's pretty chill now that I've escaped the manual labor phase of my career.

which refinery do you work for? Operator here

i'm a bartender. Already seeing the writing on the wall that this is not a sustainable career.

I have a 2 year general studies A.S. (wasteful I know)

How do I get into IT help desk stuff? I had an internship at one point but it didnt go anywhere.

Staffing agency RN and stock trading on the side. Love/hate like all medicine but its mostly interesting as long as you're willing to learn and pick the right people to learn from. Solid money and only work 3 days/week as well as job security. Goal is become jack of all trades and get into the real good $50+/hr job staffing gig so I can work even less. I don't like to work a lot.

Great advice. quit your job and trade meme coins. i bought my first lambo that way

Release Engineer here but my true passion is shitposting irl over tabletop games with drinks. I'll have to get famous first before anyone pays me for it.

Barista at Second Cup (Canada)

Everyone here has nice jobs...where the other wage cucks at?

if you've got an AS then I'm assuming your GEs are done, just apply for a uni with a decent computer information systems program, complete your degree in 2 years or less while bartending at night.

I don't hate what I do, but I hate the lazy idiots I work with.

I want to kill myself every day.

Loan Originator, desu hate it because commission only and the only leads I get are the ones i originate, then get hit with a 50% broker cut. Last deal was 12k, after broker cuts and payouts i only got 5.2k.

Feels badman, then the gubbament takes theirs at the end of the year.

Sucks only getting about 35% of what I really make.

But to be fair, I really only put in about a total of like 5-10 hours on that file.

sound engineer in a 2d world country here. i record sound for publicity. freelance. 33 years old. making 500-1500usd a month, usually work 1 to 4 days a week. thats ok/decent for the country im from. but unstable as fuck.

im open for advice here, work is getting slow and im getting bored of it. no kids, no ties to anything, i like changes. 20k in the bank, 15k if i sell some crap i have.

what could i do with my life? work speaking. any cool ideas? im all up for relocating and also for learning (and not making money when starting/learning). im healthy, white, traveled, decent with small business (lived my teens importing records and stuff). just looking to live ok, and have free time, the less the work the best, unless its something interesting, i could do that more.

tl;dr cool jobs for a 33 year old?

aww, good luck with life user, try and find your happiness

truth is im happy as hell, i have 2 big hobbies (sports and arts), and with them a lot of good people. im just poor in the money making dept. and also,i like changes, work now is ok, but not passion and not paying so much to justify it (and has no future). also i wanna trade countries just for fun. (maybe not and i just travel a while, ha!)
thanks for the good vibes bro!

>What do you guys do for a living?
I shitpost.
>Do you enjoy it or are you just doing it so you can get by?
Both I guess.

I am a very famous producer and host of the website artwithcocaine I make $10.00 a day

I'm currently a student but I run the student council of my faculty and get paid to do so

I just got an entry level job as a jr analyst and I'm currently working part time job in the evenings at US Bank. I'm kind of considering keeping my part time job for the extra income

Anybody ever work a full time job and part time job?

How bad is it?

Professional NEET

Lawyer. 150k usd for reading and analysing the minute transgressions of corporate tax law 80 hours a week.

currently a sales driver, i deliver car parts then try and sell bits while im there but its hopeless, by the time I get there telesales have already called and asked all the questions....

Where do I go from here... do i stick it out and get the "sales experience"

car sales sounds a laugh but the commission sounds awful these days

Asistant site agent in residential construction. The pay is really good (same level as doctors in my country when I'm fully qualified) and lots of oportunity to work/more abroad. Just doing it for the sake of it though, don't really like it and dealing people on a daily basis as an extreme introvert it challengeing. Got an offer for a 110% scholarship to study Chinese in China through connections there though for later in the year. Don't know if I should take it and give up on thos career, or work this till I'm qualified and then go study again, even though I'll never be happy doing this job. Help Veeky Forums, like Nelly.l, I'm in somewhat of a dilema.

A buddy of mine was a full time nurse and also worked as a bartender in a really high class restaurant. He made pretty good money as a nurse and also great money as a bartender. He would always walk out with $250+ but by the end of the night he would always be very tired and moody.

If your full time job pays well then I think you should quit you part time job. You might end up being all moody like him.

Telco wholesale, sales and account management. I get large business accounts after the primary sales rep closes a deal and work with them and the customer to deliver services and sell more product. I get a nice commission on products ordered and my salary pays the bills with room for savings and entertainment.

I generally enjoy it, but as a manager I have to deal with our operations teams and when they fuck up I catch the shit. That and when the sales rep closes a deal that isn't what the customer wants/needs or there's something the engineering team missed I'm stuck holding the bag. Just had some Fast Ethernet circuits fail turn up due to a retarded ops worker shipping one of their routers to the wrong state and the field tech missing the appointment with the carrier's engineers. Going to get my ass cored out today by the customer because of it.

But I work with a great team and have some great clients, so I can't complain.

Part time nursing student part time Camwhore. I usually sell used underwear to old men and also do small shows for them too. I never show my face, so I don't make that much.

But its enough to where I can pay rent and other bills too, so ehhh can't complain.

How much do you even make camwhoring? I've always been jealous in a weird way that there are dudes who will pay you to sit around and masturbate.

I'm not that active, but I'll make around $750-$1100 and month.

I live with my best friend whos a trust fund baby, so her dad pretty much pays for the rent and all the other major bills and I just pay whatever I can. I'm almost done with school, so I won't be doing it much longer.

For a college student that's pretty damn good considering the time investment. Do you worry about it coming back to haunt you in any way?

20K. Work in a game company that makes millions but we are based on a shitty country so they pay us like shit.

Hello CDProjekt employee

Nope I block all the states I have friends/family in. I also never show my face. If I do it will be a small part of my face.

I whish. Work for a mobile game company. We make a pretty famous strategy game that has been in the top 1 a lot of times.

One of those ones? My condolences friend. Hopefully you get the game's Jew tokens for free at least.

I work as a project manager for the nations largest industrial flooring company. If you go to home depot, lowes, tuesday morning, dave and busters, kroger, chances are we finished that floor. I get paid 60k a year but i negotiated an hourly rate since i knew i was going to be working 50ish hours a week.

forgot to add, i enjoy it.

How are your hours? i was at an EB in Europe and got crushed with 100 hours week every week for month. Quitted after 3 months.

What country senpai?

What responsibilities do you have? I work at a warehouse (almost 3 years (2 years order selecting and ~6 months inventory control)) and don't know whether to stay here for a promotion, or just go somewhere else as an operation manager, I've been looking online for positions which I can qualify for, I just want to see what's in store for the position

>Excel?
>Word?
>Charismatic?

I have a bachelor's degree so that helps a lot

bump for me, come on , drop me the goodtier jobs info :)

Fuck around. What 3rd world shithole? Any cool shit americans would buy? We could mail each other some shit

Me too. Keep an eye here. I will be famous or anmt least rich one day amd troll people irl and hire anons to troll theives and shit irl

My bros are 30. Paint feom garage. Make bank

Fuck that's brutal. I didn't know European banks worked you that hard (assuming you're not in the UK). I usually maxed at 80 hours a week, but it was 100% work. A lot of the analysts at my firm would fuck around after 5PM, go to the gym, eat, etc. and still count it as hours - I was always working.

I just switched to a new firm as an associate. I told them the hours I worked and they kek'd and said that our management sucked. Who the fuck knows what will happen, but they're paying me twice what I made as an analyst.

Shit if I worked 100 hour weeks I would get the fuck out. Was it Credit Suisse? Those Swiss fucks are pieces of shit.

how does someone just getting their license forge a path into commercial real estate?
Im pretty young and in college so my options are yuuge

Lead developer, Healthcare

I have a nice profit sharing contract and get to make high level business decisions.

Recently had a head hunter approach me for a 85$ an hour position at an investment bank.

No education, just a really good portfolio from freelance.

Office manager / general cuck at my family's appliance repair company, counting down the days till my fathers retirement.

director within IT at a large public company. I've been here about 16 years. Right now I'm making as much money as possible so I can retire early.

Software developer, west coast, $110k.

It can be stressful and boring at times. I love code and I love the money.

Software is easy to get into once you have a base level of skills that you can market. Your first few jobs will be where you learn and where you build your skillset. Earn as you learn.

Uni student rn. Working towards B.ENG in Mining.

Student coop starts may. $90K for 16mths. About $66K after taxes.

Not bad desu. Miners are pretty redpilled and bro-culture is pretty chill..

Same user here, my ID probly changed. I'm a contractor, my company leases equipment to almost every major tank cleaning company. We're based out of Texas but we have a presence in most refineries in the U.S and I travel all over the country supporting them.

All of the above(Excel, Word, charisma). Knowing inventory is good but as an operations manager you'll need to understand a lot of the financial stuff, know how to be a manager and make decisions, and other things. To be honest I just started pretty much doing things on my own without asking and it worked out for me. My bosses liked what I got done and I sorta got fast tracked. I only have like 4 years experience in my field but I learn new things very quickly and have good instincts. If you want to go that route I'd suggest trying to start out with a small company so that you can list that job title on your résumé before applying for any larger companies.

What do you consider the base level of marketable skills?

>Office manager at a firm
$350/week, I'm in there 5-10 hrs a week to make sure rules are being followed, fix problems, etc.
I worked my ass to convince the guy to hire and keep me...been 2 years and it's great experience.
>part time intern at another office
15 hrs/week, $109/week
Chill office, i help and talk to people, other employees are professional and pretty funny, scan paperwork, file, fetch mail
>also uni full time
Everything I learn in uni, I apply at work so it's not hard but tedious and satisfying.
I get scholarships so school's like a job too

I use to be a beautician in a mentally draining, rundown salon... for 8 years
So my new jobs are a dream come true.

It's good for me. It's about the place and people you work with. My worklife is also my social life. I don't go out or "hang out" with people unless it's at a 5k, fundraiser, ceremony, vacation, etc.

I want to intern in other offices like tax, real estate, or bank. It'll be nice to intern/learn until I'm 30 while keeping the office manager job.

Floor cleaner. Get paid $2 higher than min wage due to working at night and consistently wowing my boss and client with my attention to detail and professionalism. Six hours per night, paid breaks. On really slow days, I get an hour to myself.

Only problem is, over the last year, they can't keep anyone and I've been spending more weeks working all seven days than not. Still, I do the job the way I want to, and everyone either respects me or fucks off. I keep sane by shitposting and investing my money in the hopes that my later years will be more interesting and my kid will have the finances and know how to make a better life for himself. If he's retarded because I fucked up, I'll put money in a trust fund and live long enough to teach my grandson to not be such a fuck up.

I really want to get into this field but they're making it difficult get a break.

Custodian at an assisted living facility. It's an easy gig, desu, for just over $13 an hour and 37.5 hours a week. CNA's get to clean piles of shit off of the floor while I just come from behind with a stain remover.

I'd love to get into 3D animation though. Fucked up my last try at college working two jobs and taking on 18 credit hours at school, so I can't get any federal funding until I can afford a semester out of pocket. Just grinding and stowing away what pennies I can until I have enough.

Good luck. Work hard saving, user.
I believe in you.