/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit, get hype wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>Switch
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, switchhax framework, 3.0.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease

>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

>Vita
[Oct 14] NoPsmDrm released, allows dumping and bypassing DRM for PSM titles github.com/frangarcj/NoPsmDrm
[Oct 2] VitaShell 1.75 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Sep 22] NoNpDrm 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.2.8
pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

luma is good, go fuck yourself if you don't like it

Who /shitpostingfromvita/ here?

5.00 when

>still no 4.05 exploit

Are those fags ever going to release it?
God the PS4 homebrew scene is fucking cancer.

Whats wrong with b9s?

3.0.0 is a meme.

How would I go about creating a DLC.cia with FunKeyCIA that's still partly incomplete.
I have a DLC that ranges from 00000000-00000009 but Nintendo hasn't given us 00000006 and 00000009 yet.
When I run make_cdn_cia on the folder I get the following message:
>[!] Content: '00000006' could not be opened
>[!] Input files could not be processed successfully
So I tried filling 00000006 with something random in hope that it would simply skip it.
Result: FBI installs up to part 5 and throws me an error.

So, what I need is a way to edit the tmd file to skip 00000006 or is there an integrated command for make_cdn_cia that I'm somehow missing?

Are there any other means about creating this CIA?

bump for interest. Have a cute girl.

s-stop that

3.61+ in 5 hours.

B9S itself has nothing wrong with it.
Luma is the issue, and Luma is the only CFW that supports B9S (and no, Cakes doesn't count just because they released a .firm)

Truly, to most users the combo of B9S+Luma Hourly is perfectly fine. But the Luma team is a very opinionated and illogical group of people that likes to get their own beliefs and biases in the way of a good user experience.
That's why people complain. They say
>Luma 7.1 is better
When in reality it's just a meme they heard from someone else on /hbg/ that they followed so they can seem like they fit in with someone.

Luma team is still a bunch of jackasses, but it's the best thing we have for up to date CFW.

nvm, my start button is picky

3.61+ never.

nothing inherently but there's still no reason for someone who has a9lh already to switch
if you're hacking your 3DS for the first time go ahead and install b9s but if you already hacked it then there's no point

>who has a9lh already to switch
Except for if you want to update to the latest firmware (?)

wrong

Then where's the benefit again?

The latest Luma firmware you mean. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Having the latest luma is the only theoretical benefit, and since luma has not added any meaningful new functionality in more than 9 months there are no actual benefits to the user

taiko v nonpdrm dlc when

Quick question, I'm selling my PSTV on 3.60, with a 16GB memory card, in the original packaging and pretty much untouched. Is 90 bucks a good asking price considering those memory cards are still expensive as all balls?

Welp. At least I've updated my firmware to the latest for now. I'm ready for USUM

3DS hacking and homebrew reached its final form a year ago so for anyone who hacked theirs between then and now there are really no changes at all that need to be made, not now nor in the future

still waiting for those sm romhacks.

>tfw put barely any time into Pokemon Sun so have no interest in Ultra
>/hbg/ will be a literally hell hole once LEAK WHERE starts
Only saving grace is Style Savvy 3 is out a week later.

To each their own chore simulator man

if it's on 3.60 the memory is basically worthless, since you could just use USB storage instead.

my favorite chore simulator is making excel spreadsheets about everything I do and own
it really takes the soul out of everything and turns every aspect of life into a monotonous grouping, i love it

If by a year ago you mean CFW and A9LH sure.
But 3DS hacking is more than just installing pirated games.
GodMode9 (which does require B9S now) is quite great and has a ton of useful shit and is also still in active development.

I was going to say I play Animal Crossing but it just seems lacking compared to this.

>has a ton of useful shit
Such as?

yeah but what if i use an old version of godmode9 that does the exact same things as the new versions do

>pic
I don't get it

But that's not BLEEDING EDGE enough.

Dunno. I love the TMD to CIA function for example.
If it has that, good for you (if you actually use it).
Mounting images is also quite great. No need to go throughout the hassle of decrypting, copying to the PC and using PackHack to extract romfs files. You can simply do everything on the 3DS, easily.

3.61+ when

So in the finalizing steps for the soundhax, they tell me to update the 3DS. Do They mean to update to the 11.6 like a nomral 3DS update or something else?

To be completely honest I'm not familiar with all of godmode9's functions and I haven't run into a situation where I would need to do either of the things you mentioned.
If only the latest versions of GM9 are able to perform those functions, then I can't deny that it gives some merit to using b9s.
But the average user will want, let's say,
>games
>home menu customization (themes/badges)
>online functionality
>file browsing/management (incl. FTP)
>screenshots and/or video output
and decent homebrew for all of these things has been available with since long before b9s was released. Past these things it's difficult to imagine what more could be added to improve on the 3DS homebrew experience

github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases

Why isn't this in Vita section?

True, nobody who's using it 'normally' would care about such things.
I'm also unsure myself if these are actually only in the B9S versions.
Legacy probably has them as well since the A9LH support was dropped only like ~3 months ago.
The one difference I know for certain that the new version's search function is vastly superior when it comes to TMD.

Does it just werk automatically when you install it? The ReadMe implies you need to set up a bunch of shit manually.

>A9LH support was dropped only like ~3 months ago
which is the last working version with a9lh? github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases

github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.2.8

thanks

>average user will want
I don't see the need for screenshots and video output but meh I'm not average.

nice. Maybe I should get a Vita. Been meaning to play P4G

Does this install faked licenses too?

There is a pastebin with all the info you need. Just create a txt file at ux0:pkgi\config.txt and paste the following inside.

url pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
[NEW LINE]

The list will populate once you launch the vpk. You do need NoNpDrm installed.

so, with this GC update for switch, i noticed that shit like my 360 wired doesn't work. so is this SOLELY for the GC adapter?

please be bait

This is a bit of a niche question but since it still pertains to the VITA, I may as well try.

Is there a better way to convert audio to ATRAC3 for use with PS1 eboots? If there is a way to do it with Audacity, that would be best, but as far as I can tell there is Goldwave, but it is a piece of shit to use.

I've also found links to a program called BMK AT9 & AT3 converter, but the site it was hosted on has been offline for a while it seems.

Thanks. FreeSN here we come.

what?
no fucker
im asking a damn question

usually this fucking shit doesn't care what you plug in, like PC games using Xbox controllers. i figured nintendo being complete fucking idiots didn't make things work right, as usual, and let us use ANY usb controller.

jesus fuck...

Is the Switch faster at downloading and installing than the 3DS?

Screenshots and video output aren't needed obviously but they are a nice amenity.
Lots of people like to share pictures and clips from games with their friends, hence why all of the big console manufacturers have that stuff built into their systems now.
Last time I checked video output was pretty shitty and required a tedious roundabout method on 3DS but it does in fact exist. I'm not sure what would have to be done to make it better, if possible.

Luma is garbage. Anyone saying otherwise wants a blowjob for their feminine penis.

What is anemone3ds, and are there any alternatives? What happened to them?

not mutually exclusive

The fuck are you on about? Nintendo doesn't care about their customer base. You're just a number. Now buy more of those amiibo

You wish that number wasn't so big.
U mad?

Not at all. I enjoy my freedom. Enjoy yours.

Looks like PS4 4.05 won't get an implementation till atleast a week. SpecterDev doesn't have one yet.

>Is there a better way to convert audio to ATRAC3 for use with PS1 eboots?
Why would you do this? I'm very curious about this.

lmao what "freedom" are you talking about

It basically will play audio when you hover over the game in Adrenaline, similar to how most PSP games work. It's just a cosmetic thing really.

Probably using shitty controllers or something.

oh no how will i ever wait that long

intelligent replies

Oh right, I thought you were talking about that special compressed CDDA audio some EBOOTs used.

quality posts

I am impatient.

no need to samefag OP

>switch won't be hacked anytime soon
>gc vc won't be anytime soon
>gc vc injects won't be anytime soon
It's all I wanted as a wee child. GC on the go. How long until I can become the eleete haxor?

There's nothing really hard about it. Just start doing shit, eventually you will understand and succeed.
It's just extremely time consuming and unless you have a real interest in it you'll probably not do it.

learn C and maybe C++ then fuck around and try to get code execution on platforms without proper memory protection like the DS or PSP

>can just play gamecube games on gamecube or wii
>can just play gamecube games on emulator like 120fps melee or 60fps sunshine
>see salty switch owners so starved for games they want to emulate on it

>not portable
>not portable and also not 100% perfect for every game
>implying
You better not reply to me ever again. Especially not if you're going to post about gaming laptops.

>portable
And nothing of value was lost. Portable is a thing for children and people with poor diets. You can't even refute this.

>implying gamecube vc is gonna be 100% perfect for every game
there's a reason Nintendo only releases a handful of vc games, pretty much all of them with unique patches.

Tell that to Japan. You'll never be a statistic that matters baka gaijin.

Can we pirate shit on PS4 yet

>but japan
Is a shit country with shit laws and a stupid population. Just because they play skinnerbox gambling games and can't even read novels written in their own language doesn't mean jackshit user. Millions of flies.

check back in 2 years

Yeah. In Assassin's Creed IV.

It used to be good, before version 8 and the trannies war on users.

They are prolly never coming. You might get some Ultra hax tho!

Really though, there are no pokemon hax on 3ds. Minor rebalances, sure. But not the kind of stuff we see for gen 3 and gen 4. I feel like these balance adjustments need a better name than romhax. Maybe we can call them Bal-hax and full-hax

Final Fantasy games sure have some great and necessary bal-hax. Jeff Ludwig should do bravely default.

So let me get this straight, there's no point to updating Luma if I'm on an older version with A9LH and just want to install system updates and games?

at3tool

Play Hexen

I think there will be room for improvement once Nintendo finally retires the console. I tried to get Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Hours from FBI today and the link was dead. The final form is having a freeshop with all the good snes, gba and ps1 games and plenty of romhacks and translations readily available

also fuck you the final form of 3dsbrew is DS roms on SD card.

what did those god damn sea trannys do this time? ( What has Luma added/removed that has people up in arms?)

tried hacking my 2ds awhile back and fucked up
It's been reformatted but when I turn it on and go through the setup it tells me turn turn on the 3d which it doesn't have, is there a way to bypass this?

Everything that worked well and made it unique.

That's a soft brick as your 2DS thinks it's a 3DS due to being under firmware 6.0.
You probably need Magnethax to install the right firmware and go from there.

So I'm still stuck on the issue of trying to launch Homebrew from the Download Play, and a screen pops up where it says an Exception occurred. Anyone know what that is about or did I just fuck up really badly?

>Hexen
A video game on steam? How is that useful for b9s?

>no dlc yet
Dang. If it had support for that, I'd grab it in an instant.

Anyone?

now that nonpdrm is a thing, and the vita has it own CIAngel type homebrew, do I even need to keep vitamin or mai?

Do I even need to keep downloaded games on my PC I can just clear out my archive and just download thems from the vita as needed right?

mai a shit. vitamin a fucking shit. nonpdrm is fine and yifan_lu's thing is if you're an archiver.

I take it that I am shit out of luck finding a ps4 with 4.05 from a store.