/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread:>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

ARE THERE ANY GOOD INDIE GAMES

Hello spider.
Horatio Sauce

>Dujanah / J. King-Spooner / RPG
>"Dujanah is a clay-punk adventure game."

Horatio is a scrub.

My mom told me I was special too. In a way she was right.

Call of Duty

In the bold future of 2017 genres are no longer used as a clear initial descriptor of a game's gameplay and instead exist as a means for developers to create "clever" portmanteaus and compound words.

i and my stolen daughter are ready for deadfire

I'm gonna get that soon, Jack King-Spooner's games are mostly good shit.

>clay-punk
First time I see that. I saw cyberpunk, steampunk, clockpunk (or clockworkpunk), but not claypunk.

Fuck Bokube

They obviously "invented" the term.

What game is this

>he doesnt know solarpunk, greenpunk, sandal punk and punk punk

What
What?
What?
Skaven fuck off.

>Skaven fuck off.

Focus on a positive, clear future
Focus on a very green, men-living-with-nature future
Focus on antiquity with anachronism/light fantasy elements
Fuck fuck you

>antiquity with anachronism/light fantasy elements is translated as sandal
What?

Because they wore sandals
Duh

>appending -punk to every single "genre" because you think it sounds cool and have no idea what its original inclusion in a genre term implied
Other dude's right, fuck off.

But people still wear sandals???

Should have done it the other way around.
Cybersolar. Cybergreen. Cybersandal! Cyber cyber!!

Cyber = high tech
Punk = lowlife
Bio = wetware

Ancient Romans wore socks with sandals, modern civilization doesn't

>modern civilization doesn't
Well, actually...

True gentlemen do and they're the zenith of modern society.

Civilization is the key word.

Posting pure autism game.
gridsagegames.com/cogmind/
store.steampowered.com/app/722730/Cogmind/

Hard game, you have to be sleek or you'll be bamboozled by those "friendly" machines and the hostile ones will raid eventually.

What makes this particular roguelike pure autism to you?

PS. There's also

>Cogmind
>pure autism
I see you have not player PCB

If Cogmind is "pure autism" then your tiny brain would wilt in the face of genuinely complex roguelikes.

I saw that a while back and put it on my wishlist, and I normally have no interest in roguelikes.

It's almost as if the major appeal of the game is the aesthetic and not the mechanics. You'll like Caves of Qud (paid edition, of course), Dungeons of Dreadmor, and Tangledeep as well.

The mechanics of building a robot are what drew me in though. I'm not interested in any of those.

pillars of eternity

I really need to get back to that game. I took over the castle and then took a break since 2015.

The draping of the aesthetic of building a robot over relatively mundane character building and equipment mechanics is what drew you in, which proves my point exactly.

How is Darkwood bois?
I am looking for some game that will give me many hours of tinkering, crafting etc. preferably in horror setting.
Is it a good choice?

You can have a daughter in that game?

Same here. I unlocked the fortress, started upgrading it, then I learned that monsters never respawned, so I gave up.

Oh right, that game with the transphobic shitlord backer content.

I thought you meant visuals.

i did the same thing and then picked it back up when i saw the trailer for deadfire. just finished a 70 hour solo playthrough. it was fun as fuck.

there's a quest where the leader of some tribal clan tells you to sacrifice a baby to strengthen his clan, but instead of sacrificing the baby you can just kill him and flee with the baby. it never comes up again in the game, but it gets its own slide in the ending, and it apparently has consequences in deadfire.

>heat signature
>Rain World
>Axiom Verge
>Rimworld
>PoE
>Va-11 HALL-A
those i played and can confirm they are gud.
Ask me anything

Oh, a shame. Harvest Moon is the only game catering to my family fetish, than.

Good taste, now add Underrail to that list.

It's quite light on the crafting side, but the setting is the best you can buy.

>eh i didn't really enjoy it, i don't know why, I really like cRPGs.

My all life fave is Planescape Torment, pls no bully

I've played Rain World and can confirm that it most definitely is not good.

Next week's winning lottery numbers?

was not supposed to greentext here
how so? it's great.
Tough as nails though...

Fuck huge carnivorous dinosaur just chilling outside my base with nothing nearby to eat as I watch its food meter slowly reach hungry levels as it sleeps.

I never managed to finish PS:T. The combat was really offputting and to get all the lore you needed high wisdom and charisma which made the combat even worse.
Encase it in steel walls and set it on fire.

Why not act while he's sleeping?

Or build a wall around him?

wall off entire area senpai, and build in-wall sanctuary
your lucky number is 17

Hey nigga, what's with Heat Signature? I wanna pick it up, but kinda doubtful. Is it similar to Gunpoint? How much does it last for and how complex is the gameplay?

I don't have enough stone to BuildWall.png right now.

My plan was to wall off both north and south sides to the beach with sandstone and then eventually reinforce my actual housing and structure with granite eventually.

So I bought the whale song thing in Shark Game, but it didn't do anything. What now? Should I go to another world? I'm in the dark sea right now.

You won't get more than 25 hours out of it unless you're the type who's capable of making his own fun.

i agree PS:T had wonky combat, the lore and world is top grade though, music and characters also superb
Honestly game is kinda hard and has no mercy, when you die, character is gone along with everything it had.
Only Progression you get is liberated strongholds which unlock weapons and tools in shops permanently and add more home places.
Sometimes you can get character back if it was captured but death is definite end.
It can become a bit repetitive and frustrating but is fun in general.
It has tons of weapon and tool combinations for tons of builds.
doesn't have to be stone bruh, make it out of anything that you have access to, you can upgrade it later.
Just avoid flammable materials.
You can dig int the mountain you have on left a bit for mats.
You can get space worm infestation in cavs thiugh so be careful

Keep grinding easy worlds for fast essence, probably. Once you've seen the world types tehre are, there's nothing else to the game.

Which worlds are the easy ones, the ones with low climate levels?

>That feel when about to raid some asshole alone with a club when they have puny crossbows and and swords and defenses and other wimpy shit
>Nothing could go wrong today.

I really wish characters had more personality in Stardew Valley.
The town doesn’t even feel alive
Rune factory spoiled me

Never tried Rune Factory. Is it good?

Lousa seems to be a really common name, I think I've had 2-3 colonists and seen a few raiders with that name.

>Honestly game is kinda hard and has no mercy
Are you fucking kidding me? The game has so many stopgaps between making mistakes and actual consequences that its difficulty is a complete joke. Getting shot by concussive weapons almost always imparts no penalty whatsoever, with the player being harmlessly jettisoned out of the ship afterward. Being shot with "lethal" weapons is similarly non-threatening, as the player can survive something absurd like six or seven lethal shots. Suffocating in space is exceedingly unlikely as the oxygen timer is so generous. The only real threat is capture when a timer ticks down, and leaving a ship is as easy as jumping out the nearest window so you shouldn't be getting captured ever either. You can complete entire missions with a single stealth shield or slipstream, or simply bringing along a few wrenches and knocking out eight guards at a time without setting off an alarm.

The game's fuckin' easy mate.

Someone mentioned it last thread, but Zombie Night Terror is $4 on Steam if you want a fun Lemmings clone.

I started with 4 and I had like 70 hours on it.
Farming becomes a little bit of a side game, since you have a bunch of things to do like smithing, fishing, fighting, cooking, etc
But it is still your primary source of income and you can get tricky with fertilizers.

The village is very cute, some say generic but I liked it. Everyone has personality, interacts with each other and the villagers do cute things like carry around gifts you give them a few days later or wear a clothing item you gave them sometimes.
The rpg combat is good enough for its purpose and you’re always working to get better stuff.

Would rate 8.5/10 cause there’s two gear walls that are hard to overcome in the endgame and it got me stuck for a long while

It is/was $4 on superior distribution service GOG as well.

It would be on there twice, but Hollow Knight is about to get a Halloween DLC expansion for free.

There's farming in it too? So it's just a Harvest Moon clone?

Can you lewd you're waifu?

every jettison lowers the time to get your character until you just die, same with being shot.
Also overestimating yourself and going into shit like "mistake" level with shit equip. You make it as hard as you want to.
And i play high difficulty missons carelessly trying to beat them as fast as possible.
Ofc you can play the at snail pace and be mindful of everything or play easier missons which will make you die like never

Ah nice. I'm having fun with it so far, and according to Steamspy it's their debut game and it sold well. This looks like the kinda game that would've been on Humble Bundle though, so I don't know how accurate that is. I think I learned about it from a /v/ thread, these titles always slip by me. I should lurk /indie/ more often.

Never played rune factory but the stardew villagers have at least some personality. You just got to spend 2 days a week running around autistically giving everyone presents for 3 seasons to unlock cutscenes and new dialogues. And the characters have a certain depth to them beyond the stereotype they represent. It kind of becomes a cliche after the 3rd or 4th character you befriend and the gifting is mostly busy work but they still have some depth and interesting backgrounds.

Oh no wonder it's on sale, the level editor just came out? I thought it was already out.

You can say the farming is harvest moon yea
You can upgrade your tools to use less energy and cover more area, etc
I think the same developers had a hand in it too.
The draw is it’s “an RPG harvest moon” so there’s more to it than just crops and animals
You can also capture monsters and train them to fight with you and fight in arenas
you can fug and have kids yea, they also hint at lewd thing sometimes and at night you see them in pajamas

Why did all my crops die?

>an RPG harvest moon
That kinda sounds nice.
A shame I can't get to spank my waifu and have really kinky sex with her in doggystyle.

I think there's a Rune Factory game available on the 3DS e-store.

>every jettison lowers the time to get your character until you just die
No it doesn't, or if it does it's so insignificant that I never noticed. In my 45 hours with the game I never died a single time from anything other than being captured, and that's not because I was super fucking amazing the second I started playing the game, it's because getting captured is the only remotely threatening thing in the game.
>You make it as hard as you want to
If you're the same guy who called the game merciless then nah, that argument doesn't fly. If you're not the same guy then fuck off, I was responding to someone who called the game merciless, which it most definitely is not.

You can go recharge or refresh your item and weapon reserves MID INTRUSTION on a ship by simply leaving and coming back, you can grind as much cash and as many items between or mid mission as you want. You can in the vast majority of cases simply avoid missions for which you are not equipped. Nothing about the game is "merciless", and trying to argue that imposing a bunch of challenges on yourself makes the game "merciless" is about as stupid a statement as one can make. You can make any game "merciless" that way; this does not mean that your calling the game "merciless" is technically accurate, it means that it's misleading and ultimately meaningless.

Yes, I've reached the point where I impose severe restrictions on myself to maintain entertainment value, but the game is by no stretch of the imagination difficult.

Come on. Come ooooon.

New humble bundle with Tumbleseed in it. I've been keeping an eye on the game and I suspect others may have been as well, so get on that if you're interested. It's in the "pay what you want" tier so there's no rush.

It’s most likely 4, I wouldn’t pay full price if you can avoid it but if it’s less than 40 or ahoy matey then go for it

Can't ahoy matey on consoles. Out of curiosity, are there sales on that e-shop? I still have a few others games to finish first.
Like Monster Hunter. Haven't even started this one.

>No it doesn't,
it does though, seconds get lower permanently, 24,18,12,6 and death.
>You can go recharge or refresh your item and weapon reserves MID INTRUSTION
that's making it easier on yourself, i always try to complete every misson with what i have without leaving
>grind between missons
what for, just do personal misson and retire as soon as possible.

But whatever it seems i am just too shit next to serious gaming professional such as yourself

they felt that their life is pointless

Sales rarely rarely happen
Ahoy matey is very possible on especially if your system isn’t fully up to date
Check out homebrew general

>Can't ahoy matey on consoles.
hahaha

How fucking dense are you? Are you the same guy who called the game merciless or not? I keep telling you ways that the game is easy and therefore not merciless and you keep saying they don't count, as though the challenges that you impose on yourself are somehow the actual "true" difficulty of the game. It's like we're having two separate conversations.

is that a fucking miscarriage comic meme
god dammit

Recommend me an immersive indie game that has actual gameplay, no walking simulators.

I wonder how many mods won't be updated for alpha 18. It makes me sad.

k

>explaining his own joke

What the fuck? It does match the character positions in that comic, but nobody is autistic enough to find that it's a hidden reference. is right

Is anyone really excited for the new Darkest Dungeon DLC? Can't wait to play her.

Get owned kid.

Also you're wrong about being jettisoned after being hit by a concussion weapon. There's zero penalty whatsoever and none of the survival timers get lowered. Getting hit by a concussive gun and jettisoned doesn't even trigger the bleedout timer, which is the only timer in the game that can be reduced by injury (exclusively lethal injury).

You suck at Heat Sig and arguing.

>A new trend arose on /v/, which involved taking the Loss strip and representing it in different ways. Usually, these would attempt to be minimalistic, portraying the characters as lines, dots, or even just having four empty panels. Similar to how anything with green and purple can be recognized as Daily Dose, any similar-looking four pane comic can be recognized as Loss, and thus it became a way to determine if one has been on /v/ for too long.
Interesting. So not recognizing it means we're not /v/ trash.

ok mr pro gaymer