In terms of Raw Intellect

does anyone come close to him in all of history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Fire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Liebniz

Von Neumann.

If you believe the stories anyway.

Kant and Hegel

and Wittgenstein, and of course Gauss, Euler

Von Neumann is a case of having out of this world/alien like intelligence and not accomplishing anything great

I don't know enough about him to comment but his name is attached to A LOT of shit in math even if many of his contributions are supposedly played up a bit.

Tesla
even in those wacko stuff they are somewhat close.

Tesla is a meme

Grothendieck

Hegel

Archimides bruh

Nigga please

John Herschel easily

Supposedly Michelangelo

Von Neumann

what Archimedes do?

Pretty sure scientists think Gauss has some kind mutant super-brain.

whose Gauss?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss
Princeps mathematicorum
Much of his work was found later to be very, very useful in analyzing electric and magnetic fields.

schopenhauer was intelligent, but this is only evidenced by his pessimistic outlook on a world in which he was a complete failure of a person and a philosopher.

He also came up with the basic computer architecture which we all use today (if you're not ridiculously wealthy enough to afford a computer which uses the Harvard architecture, that is).

His treatise on women is pretty lit.

where did all the brilliant revolutionary people disappear to?

Triggered.

t. Serb

They're still around, it's that everything you can apply brilliance to anymore is extremely involved.

Yeah I do

Tesla wasnt even a serb, why do you care?

Busy designing the new iPhone charging cable, rip royal commission

Understanding both calculus and physics years before any medieval or Renaissance scholar. Being an absolute God of geometry. Basically funding hydrodynamics and contributing to the practical side of it. Being a leading engineer of the time.

If the Greeks had had a better system of representing math Archie definitely would have invented calc.

They're around. But intellectual revolutions aren't in the spirit of the times anymore. We are in an age of team science.

>Andrew Zachary Fire was awarded the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, along with Craig C. Mello, for the discovery of RNA interference (RNAi). This research was conducted at the Carnegie Institution of Washington and published in 1998.
>he only two colleges to which he applied were Stanford and UC Berkeley. Though he wished to go to Stanford, he was rejected and so attended the University of California, Berkeley, where he received a B.A. in mathematics in 1978 at the age of 19.[2] He then proceeded to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he received a Ph.D. in biology in 1983
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Fire

>Before all the glyphs could be read aloud in the original Maya, researchers needed to complete Yuri Knorosov's phonetic decipherment. This began in 1981 when 15-year-old budding Mayanist David Stuart (left, with Linda Schele) discovered that individual Maya words could be written in multiple ways, using different symbols for the same sounds, as in "faze" and "phase."

>He is the son of the archaeologist George E. Stuart and the writer Gene S. Stuart, both of whom wrote extensively for the National Geographic Society. He spent much of his childhood accompanying his parents on archaeological digs and expeditions in Mexico and Guatemala. He developed a deep interest in Maya hieroglyphs and decipherment in the mid 1970s, reading scholarly works beginning at age 10. Shortly thereafter he made original contributions to the field and began working closely with the noted Mayanist Linda Schele. He gave his first scholarly paper at the age of 12 at the 1978 Mesa Redonda de Palenque, an international conference of Mesoamerican scholars.

interesting

>Nikola Tesla (Serbian Cyrillic: Hикoлa Tecлa; 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was a Serbian-American[3][4][5][6] inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system.[7]

>Ethnic Serbs can't be from Croatia

Wot

T.L. Heath describes the industry Archimedes founded as being 'Hydrostatics'. You tell me what the difference is :/

Anyway, I am actually reading On the Circle and Sphere by Archimedes and it is absolutely fascinating, especially as one who has read Elements. He actually references Euclid, and its said that as opposed to being a mathematician who just compiled other findings mostly like Euclid compiled the teachings of Pythagoras and Eudoxus, Archimedes is a pioneer not only of Geometrical truths but in engineering as well.

If I don't read On Conic by Appolonius after this, I am thinking of reading the famous Almagest of Ptolemy. In terms of influence, The Almagest is incredibly big. I love going through history and seeing how people have made improvements upon knowledge. It makes me a bit more critical about recent understandings about the world, like evolution.

Dis nigga

>Ctrl+F Goethe
He's generally agreed to have been the most intelligent historical figure.

>naming a fiction writer as the most intelligent historical figure.

This nigga can't into Astrophysics, Engineering, Architecture, or even Economics mommy!

sam harris

This or one of the other four horseman of the apocalypse lololol so smart truly revolutionary I men I like how they dont belive in God and think tat Atheism is the truu religion xd

>You tell me what the difference is :/
Still or slowly-moving water has far different properties from quickly-moving water. For the latter you need mathematics which hadn't been developed until the eighteenth century.

lol

Gauss

Nikolaus Tessler, the famous German scientist.

lol

Don't you mean Nikolai Teslovich, Russian genius?

>muh nads

Niccolo Tessón, famed conquistador.