/wtg/ War Thunder General

Turbojet edition

Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QiNdAJr5cpc?t=2h11m29s
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCCwkgwksqy2OoqqwgRRZ3XFbztNSaq5pu-TmENhZ1IUrDdA/viewform?usp=sf_link
youtube.com/watch?v=r_b1Y-Rl_Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=A2JUegiNs9I
youtube.com/watch?v=tLJphX0XVP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for APDS is severely underperforming

>mouse aimers

Greetings, comrades. This is the (now very lonely) /wtg/ manager in the Veeky ForumsLeague.
For who doesn't know what this is, it's Veeky Forums generals memes duking it out on the football pitch using an automated match of PES as a game. Here's an example of a /wtg/ match (mind the timestamp): youtu.be/QiNdAJr5cpc?t=2h11m29s
We're coming from a couple of less than stellar seasons, however, planes and tanks in hand, we're still ready to hit the pitch and defend our motherland's honor)))
If you want to see us compete and want us to have a renewed squad, please answer this poll:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCCwkgwksqy2OoqqwgRRZ3XFbztNSaq5pu-TmENhZ1IUrDdA/viewform?usp=sf_link

We will go on the pitch in November. See you then!

respond you fucks

>regia maria gets the qt stripes on the deck of their ships
>kriegsmarine won't get the big dick swastika because it's illegal

Voted, thanks lad. Good luck

Here's to gitting gutter than last time.

>we can't even have the Boxtika because (((they))) are worried someone will use a pair of 1's to turn it into the swastika
FUUUUUCK

Responded )))

Well I'm glad 75% of our players aren't called variations of the word Arcade anymore.

IM A PICKLE MORTY

IM PICKLE RICK

High IQ post

KERBALS!

I was flying my rocket and at 10km mechjeb started the gravity turn but it flipped over how do I fix this?

Is the J7W the mechjeb of WT?

No, it's the hyperedit

should I consider it a good drop? Never flown it before.

I haven't flown it in a while so I don't know how it performs nowadays, but being a Yak it's probably a monster. The cannon will vaporize anything in one hit too.

shame it's only HE. 45 mm APHE center-mounted on a fighter would bring out many salty tears in GF

That's what the 9T with its 37 mm is for.

>spaghettiniggers still not nerfed
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee

>get half my left wing removed
>in any other plane I wouldn't be able to land due to the plane falling on its left side at landing speeds
>in the Me-262 I can just land on the engine nacelles at 600 kph and the plane doesn't give a fuck
This plane is slow as fuck (at least when stock) and its guns are weird but it has its perks

t.dumbfuck P-47 pilot trying to turn with the italishits

The F9F-8 can actually balance itself out to land on all three wheels.

>land my plane while the gear is still deploying
>it floats in the air until the wheels touch down
What's this Wile E. Coyote shit

That's normal, it's called the ground effect

>is of realistic comraede, damage model modelled corectly after all ))))
ok putin

Google ground effect you illiterate piece of shit.

It's literally the game registering my wheels as being out while the animation is still playing you fucking NIGGER

J7W can do that too.

Type 61 worth grinding out since the BR drop?

1 more decal plz

button 1 will delete one nation from the game and all -boos of that nation will die instantly
button 2 will delete the entire tanks or planes part of the game, but you dont know which
button 3 will kill all members of the forum staff
button 4 will cause the gaijin HQ building to literally disappear taking with it everyone inside, thus killing the game
button 5 will kill all players who fly bombers more often than fighters or attackers
button 6 will make all the WT youtubers gather for a collab live stream and then kill themselves on camera while millions watch
button 7 will rewrite history so that Germany won the war
button 8 will add all the vehicles you've ever wanted in the game, but will also make sure that in future updates the game gets broken and ruined in ways you can't even imagine
button 9 will give you 300k golden eagles but it will also erase your entire progress in the game forcing you to start from scratch

You can only press one, and then all other buttons will disappear

choose wisely

When analyzing combat of Zeros aganist American planes, Americans attributed low effeciency of fire to poor marksmanship of Japanese pilots. It was actually Japanese trying to kill sturdy American planes with 7.7mm, because their planes had fuckall ammunition for cannons, and would used them only if they were certian they would hit.
Similarly they attributed their own effeciency of fire to their superb marksmanship, when it was for most part lack of secondary protections in Japanese planes, and generous ammo pool of .50 cal, allowing pilots to fire in long bursts

>americans win only because their planes are designed with dumb trigger happy apes in mind
So War Thunder IS historically accurate and realistic after all

>WW2
>US dumb and trigger happy
>not Britain

>7 August – A RAF Hawker Typhoon strafed a squad from 'F' Company/US 120th Infantry Regiment, near Hill 314, France, killing two men.[63] Around noon on the same day, RAF Hawker Typhoon of the 2TAF was called in to assist the US 823rd Tank Destroyer Battalion in stopping an attack by the 2nd SS Panzer Division between Sourdeval and Mortain but instead fired its rockets at two US 3-inch guns near L'Abbaye Blanche, killing one man and wounding several others even after the yellow smoke (which was to identify friendlies) was put out. Two hours later, an RAF Typhoon shot up the Service Company of the 120th Infantry Regiment, US 30th Division, causing several casualties, including Major James Bynum who was killed near Mortain. The officer who replaced him was strafed by another Typhoon a few minutes later and seriously wounded. Around the same time, a Hawker Typhoon attacked the Cannon Company of 120th Infantry Regiment, US 30th Division, near Mortain, killing 15 men.[63] An hour later, RAF Typhoons strafed 'B' Company/US 120th Infantry Regiment on Hill 285, killing a driver of a weapons carrier.[64]

Did they report him for teamkilling?

I want to cum inside the rabbit

who doesn't

Is there any particular reason the RAF put all of its retards in Typhoons?

Well I sort of prefer nick

>raf pilots

youtube.com/watch?v=r_b1Y-Rl_Uo

who doesn't

Will they ever buff solid shot?
Or at least make it so that crew of the hit tank pauses because of shock for some time.

Nah, they're just going to fuck the balance up further with undeadable armour and stabilisers at relatively low BRs.

what decals are those? I don't think I've seen them in the customization tabs

white cross from the german churchill, "=" signs are japanese tank decals

I hear the Tiffy's had a lot of problems with accidentally gassing their pilots, maybe it was done as a sort of eugenics program? The strongest pilots survived, deeming them worthy of continuing their lineage?

>white cross from the german churchill
fuck, that explains it
thanks user

What is the patrician's choice of plane and tank?

>plane
Anything with an inline engine
>tank
All tanks are for gay plebs.

Inlines are for gays

MiG-3 and lend-lease M3 Lee.

fuck i never realized how much bigger sabres are compared to migs

When I level up the Warbonds shop, does it stay leveled up? I'm a bit scared of the timer at the top of the interface next to the shop level icon, does that mean the shop level resets or does it just reset the shop stock and you keep the shop level?

The F2H and F9F are even bigger. And the Hunter is colossal next to the MiG

Shop level resets every month. Did you really expect to easily be able to get free stuff from the Jew?

They didn't explain it very well, they seemed to focus on the whole
>warbonds never expire aren't we generous)))

bit rather than the fact you still need to grind the fuck out of the shop to even unlock anything worthwhile AND it resets at the end of each month.

desu it feels easier now. Medals aren't used up, they're just another tier of unlocks like the shop level, and only reset at the end of the month. The daily regular challenges are piss-easy now.

1 - bad choice, probably kills game
2 - kills game
3 - would be funny and wouldn't kill game, but we'd lose contact with devs probably forever
4 - game ded
5 - excellent choice
6 - would maybe kill game under controversy, but good choice
7 - eh
8 - dark/sad
9 - entirely depends if you get to keep free RP. Not even sure 100,000GE would get back all that I have.

Gonna have to go with 5 or 6.

I just never tried on the warbonds because I couldn't be bothered with a huge timed grind each month, the summer events are enough for me.
With the changes I thought that they were just making the warbond grind much longer, but with an unlimited time limit, again the shop resetting is not clearly mentioned on the wiki or the update page itself. From what I gathered it was that you level up the shop and that's it complete forever, but you need way more warbonds for stuff.

>all this Tking
They really are eternal aren't they?

Should have a player named bubi desu
He did nothing wrong afterall

You do need more warbonds per item, but the income is much easier now. In the old system, I would need to do all three challenges every day for almost the entire month in order to afford both the monthly decal and a decoration box. This would mean one to three hours a day doing the tasks. For this month's shop, I got each days maximum warbonds earned without even trying (just playing normally, I mean) and with a week left, was able to afford both items even at their higher costs. If I keep earning every day playing normally, I'll end the month with about 1100 warbonds saved for the next month.

I don't know about the 12-medal items like the vehicle unlocks since I haven't tried for those yet, but my usual goal of decal+decoration is absolutely easier now than it used to be. I'd call it effortless if it wasn't for the 3 medal tasks being tedious.

>WEEBS WILL DEFEND THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=A2JUegiNs9I

>Hornet still stuck with Hispano Mk2s

Poopydude on suicide watch

>arcade

>retarded XP-55
lmao

>Hornet still stuck with the weird-ass Mossie FM but with extra engine power tacked onto it
damn shame, I like the british heavy fighters but they just perform so weird, like they're stuck with placeholder shit that hasn't been touched in years

How will Poopydude EVER recover?

dude

>poopydude will defend this

>doesn't play sim
Shitter

>Enemy tank squads with maximum crew slots

How is the ZSU-57-2 as an AA gun?

If you're attempting to use it as AA, I assume you've never played the Russian AA line.

Speaking as someone who doesn't have it yet, the velocity and instaded power of those shells is pretty cool, but the godawful rate of fire just means you're probably better off using it to rape enemy tanks

Maybe it'll be better when Helicopters are added

I really liked the AA in the wargame series and I want to like it here

Okay and the Wargame series also features things like this.

hmmmm

that is 3000% accurate u r nato dog shill reported

>needing a pilot

Why didn't the Brits make their deathstar bomber armed with like 15 ADEN turrets?

I just recently got back into WT and am trying to grind through German 5.7-6.0 GF. How the fuck do I do it? It seems every game I get max uptiered to play against T29s and Caernarvons/Tortoises. My poor Tigers and Panther D can't deal with this shit.

I know how to angle and what to aim for, but it's still insane that I need to hit them with centimeter accuracy through their 6 bushes while they just need to click on me to delete me no matter how far they are. Does it get better with the Tiger II and Jagdpanther?

no

Recoil
youtube.com/watch?v=tLJphX0XVP4

Awesome, guess I'll grind slavs then.

I don't think that's how that's supposed to work.

It's better than I expected

>44% in arcade
What do you do?

Is there still Air RB EC or did they bring it back once for memes then fucked off and never did it again?

I missed it.

It rolls around a few times a year, for like 3 days at a time

So the latest update didn't bring it permanently back as an alternative to the dull repetitive shit that is Air RB?

Great

I honestly can't remember, I haven't touched arcade since 2016