/fng/ - Fortnite General

New copypaste since last one was shit edition.

>What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is an early access zombie + crafting third-person shooter with a free-to-play Battle Royale PvP mode made by Epic Games. It's an early access game that features all-destructible terrain, cel-shaded graphics and great optimization.

>Is it fun?
Of course. It features a lot of different play styles both in the PvE and Battle Royale. Battle Royale has a very malleable meta due to it being new.
Perhaps you don't like Battle Arenas due to campers, as an example. As Fortnite BR features completely destructible terrain, you can simply destroy the cover from infront of them and have the advantage, which makes each game unique in comparison to other Battle Arena games.
If you're into PUBG/Tower Defence games, chances are you'd certainly enjoy Fortnite.

>What is battle royale?
Battle Royale pits you against upwards to 99 other players to fight to the death in an enclosed area. To make people mobile, the Eye of The Storm (A blue field that does increasing damage over time) keeps game play fluid and active.
You must attempt to find various types of weapons to help kill other players in hopes of becoming the last person/team standing.
Good luck!

>Where do I buy/play?
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

>Latest dev announcements/patches/releases.
For PvE:
youtube.com/watch?v=vfjia2IXVkk

For PvP:
youtube.com/watch?v=ps3nUvfNsZ0

Dev update #8:
youtube.com/watch?v=dU2G3xJbjgY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-iPZnYzlLE
youtube.com/watch?v=hYENeEuwW0A&t=25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for blue pistol being best weapon in the game

have they sold a super hero llama yet?

I'm unsure, actually.
>Pistols ever
Gray burst is better imo

This is why I dropped the game desu, the progression is literally tied to loot llamas and the jews never sell llamas worth a damn in the first place, and when they do they turn into something you didn't want.

Even THICC couldn't keep me playing this garbage

>dont get shotgun
>lose
wow

>get shotgun
>pump action
>lose against tactical
wow

I just don't get how people land sniper headshots uphill into cover while moving, it's such lucky bullshit FUCK

>pump shotguns queueing shots

Why did they put this in the game, it's gotten me killed so many times

Actually, it's not too difficult once you get the feel for it.
Semi auto rifles have very low bullet drop, whereas bolts have extreme bullet drop.
Also theres an absurd amount of hackers in Fortnite tbqh
Sucks to suck :^)

>Fortnite threads seem unnaturally inactive
Is it normally like this desu? It does have Almost 40k top views on twitch so its strange why it isnt booming a bit more.

Also, threadly reminder to rate my shitposts lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=S-iPZnYzlLE

youtube.com/watch?v=hYENeEuwW0A&t=25s

I'm always open to constructive criticism as I'm always attempting to make more digestible yet somewhat diverse content.
If you've seen something you liked/disliked, please let me know to help influence content output, if thats your cup of tea

Not a whole lot to talk about except raging about dying to dumb bullshit.

I stream daily, but you really shouldn't self-advertise. It's against the rules, senpai.

>tfw 1v3 ace with blue pistol against max shield scarfags

>Against the rules
Understandable, but I'm focused on specifically the criticism and not the actual numbers/views/et cetera it brings in.

so fun ecks dee

Man uses pistol, still dies to pumpy. Posts it on Veeky Forums. Sad!

Jesus christ your aim is horrible

why would even make this webm

just shoot him in the fucking head hes RIGHT THERE

I want to breed Penny, Sarah, and Ramierez

Anyone on ps4? I need a PVE buddy

>Motion blur

I like to try doing cheeky shit, but it always gets me killed

Also there seems to be big inconsistencies with explosion radiuses. Are they RNG or something? I've died to rocket launchers that detonated at least 10 meters away, yet I've dropped grenades on people's heads and it does like no damage

Each rocket has a different blast radius

I know for certain the higher quality launcher the higher the damage, but I think rarity is also linked with splash damage too.

Do we have drawfags yet?

I needs some penny pics

Second place every fucking game

Why is power level in PVE so long to raise? It seems like fortitude and offense give you the most but it only scoots up a lil bit.

One, during the STS event

When do events usually happen?

Should we expect one for holidays?

There's a halloween event for the PvE, nothing for PvP yet.

Found this on the website

We’re kicking off the spookiest time of the year in a big way with our Fortnitemares Event, which comes with a brand new zone - Hexsylvania. Get lost in the deep levels of the catacombs, the endless halls of flickering candles or the thick fog creeping across the map!

Horde Bash will be departing on Thursday, Oct. 26 at 4:00 a.m. EDT. If you haven’t challenged the horde yet, try your hand and maybe grab one of the unique Scavenger Heroes!

What will Hexsylvania bring?

In addition to a spooky lobby background you’ll find:

-~25 Story Quests

-Spooky Creatures

-Vampire Taker

Spooky Llama

Buy it with candy!

-Eight new themed Heroes all getting into the Hexsylvanian spirit!

-Each Class/Gender

-New Weapons

-Pumpkin Launcher (How else will you defeat the Pumpkin Head Husks??)

-Grave Digger

Also:

And fear not, all existing currency from our Horde Bash event will be converted up to scavenger llamas

So far they've done events back to back with like a 2-3 day break in between. The current one is ending on the 26th, and the Halloween event is launching on the same day. This is all for PvE btw, PvP gets nothing.

PVE is fun tho desu. Battle Royal is fun for raging over lucky shots imo

Discord when?

PvE stopped being fun for me like 200 hours ago when I was being forced to grind literally 300 survivor/radar missions in a row to progress through Canny Valley.

Hopefully never

They're supposed to be increasing XP drops soon. By like 25-75%.

It's not the xp so much, it's just doing the missions. It really was a LOT of fun going through stonewood and plankerton, but by the time you hit the higher levels the playerbase is so thin and so fractured that you're extremely restricted in what missions you can do. Finding some way to consolidate the playerbase and improve the group-finding experience should be their #1 priority right now.

When does this hoard bash event end? I want to know if I can get a box before then.

Thursday

Whens the base game going f2p?

If not sooner, with the way things are going