>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

first for memes

Please help by posting Dark Souls 1 builds. Out of fun ways to play the game.

>posting nudity
enjoy your ban dirtbag

>Epocnamebro got 2 Pure Bladestones back to back in DeS
Guys, is the whole RNG cycles thing he's talking about real? As in, if you get a good drop like a slab in DS1 you should keep grinding for them because when it rains it pours. Or is he just making it up and he happened to get two ultra rare drops almost back to back by pure chance?

gambler's fallacy, my friend

>wolnir summons a dozen spinny stunlock skellingtons
>breaths deadly vapor which consumes all my estus
>keeps his only bracelet in the air all the time

I've played through this game like 30 times and I've never seen any of this shit. Literally the first time I die in this fight. Next round he was normal pushover again.

if only he dropped bleach in his digestive system

Literally who

I've never had Wolnir behave like that for me, I couldn't even tell you the last time he summoned his spooky companions. I've heard of the difficulty being completely random with what he does, where most breeze right through while others get hit with a perfect spooky storm.

there is a movie where a guy talks about a lion snapping and fucking everything up, wolnir is that lion.

or
>immediately rushes forward twice for no reason
>nowhere to run, die to the mist

I hate that boss so much. Along with Pontiff the only one who constantly gives me trouble, although for a stupid reason

The father of the western souls community.
Why you gotta be like that, man?

Not familiar with that... you mean that he's seeing a pattern where there is none?

>no headgear

ay yo what about that fucking gear on his head

The problem is that he's mainly RNG. You can start off the fight by 2HR2ing one of the bracelets before he becomes active for an instant break, but otherwise you're just praying for him to put his arms down long enough for you to attack.

And unlike Greatwood, you don't have the option to easily use ranged weapons to blow up the bracelets while they're in the air.

because you're an annoying faggot who isn't welcomed here

Gambler's Fallacy is essentially believing that you're owed a favorable outcome after a streak of losing, same way people think they're owed Concords after a length of time farming the Silver Knights. If I have a 1/100 chance at something, Gambler's Fallacy says after 100 times, I'm guaranteed one win. In reality, the chance of success remains the same each time.
Back to the Silver Knights, let's say you have a 0.1% chance of getting a Concord, or one in a thousand. Some say that after one thousand, you're guaranteed, or "owed," a Concord. In reality, it's the same chance every time for every run and every Knight.
In short, you aren't owed a victory after a run of bad luck. It's the same chance every single time, assuming the scenario is a fair one that isn't rigged. If you have a one in ten chance, you aren't guaranteed one after ten. That's just the average value.
Also, you should know fully well by now that anything to do with ENB isn't going to fly here. The view of him came crashing down from an already low point after the adventures of the incest poster.

>The view of him came crashing down from an already low point after the adventures of the incest poster.
wut?

Thanks for explaining man. So it's all in his head kind of like how people come up with weird theories about killing the enemy with ripostes / crits increasing the chance after they lucked out?

>adventures of the incest poster
Do I even want to find put what you mean by that? Was that the spammer I keep seeing references to sometimes and what the hell did they do?

>2017
>still no royal hollow soldier outfit

>using whips in Dark Souls 1
Literally torture.

>father of... community
lol no.
and even if it were true, what happened then is of no importance to now.
maker of != keeping it going / maintenance.
besides any kind of e-celeb bullshit is cancer, literally no different from talking about madonna or brad pitt.

Talk about the games, don't talk about the people who talk about games.

And stop being so sensitive you Plus Ultra Faggot.

some mentally sick fag has incest fantasies regarding ENB and his sister. even wrote a greentext story about it. he posts an image everytime he posts and always makes sure to respond to multiple posts so people know its him. i dont know how he isn't permabanned when he's doing this in every souls thread, even on /v/

what value has a 0.1% chance if it doesn't reflect reality then?

There was this incredibly insufferable user recently who continuously posted incest fantasies of ENB and his sister, going into extreme detail, being a general nuisance, and shitting up the thread. He apparently had a weapons-grade meltdown somewhere else, before apparently seeing a therapist about his obsession with the two, particularly his sister. He carried a photo of her in his wallet, apparently.
He's going through therapy, so he says, still sometimes comes around in an attempt to make ENB some sort of sacred idol, and just puts everyone in a foul mood. He says he's sorry, but the damage was dealt and any preexisting hatred for ENB doubled down.
Point is, don't talk about ENB or anything about him, he doesn't exist.
I'm convinced it was a long con pulled by Lucy to smear ENB even further with a "rabid fan" persona, especially since Lucy hates ENB like /v/ hates fun. Same with /bbg/'s waifufag/Spongebob shitposter, but that's something else.

I swear we go through this shit every thread, and I'm just a lurker who's being stupid on deciding how to play my character.
Some user posted incest fantasies, if you want more go dig through the archives.

i just want some kind of lobster helm 2bh

>there's still no game that takes place within the actual abyss
>instead it's just yet another LINK THE FLAME BRAH meme

it's simple stats.
Let's use more friendly numbers. Coin flipping is a 0.5 chance, or 50%. You're trying to get tails, because you're always tail (alright, just wanted to make the bad joke, moving on).
You flip it, heads. You think, next one has to be tails, it's 1 in 2 after all! You flip it again, heads again, and again.
So now you have 4 heads in a row, but the possibility of tails is still 1/2, so you think SURELY this next one is tails?! What are the chances it'll be heads again?
Well, the same chances. Because it's still 1 in 2. You're just getting unlucky is the simple explanation.

You can farm with no luck for hours, and the next knight you kill has the same chances of dropping a whatever as the 267th knight in your spree of not getting anything.

Make sense?

>make bad joke
>forget a word in the joke thus ruining the entire thing
fuck. It's always chasing tail. I apologize for my error and poor humor.

>pick Lordvessel
>lose will to play

Fuck

there's actually at least two ENBfags, one of them utterly despises DS2 and will make easily proven lies to try and justify his hatred.

The other is very bizarre and has a very noticeable posting style that comes across as a bit autistic, but doe at least offer some advice and help on occasion.

No not really seems like vodoo magic. When something unlikely happens it's because it's 'still possible' and when it doesn't it's because it was 'unlikely'. It doesn't explain anything.

>invade swamp
>host and 1 phantom
>wanted to fight them 1vs2 but somehow two partak's got lured in anyway
>they both get grabbed at the same time and then killed by me as they fail to roll after partak ends feasting on their necks
shit was funny but it also makes me think
how the fuck do you manage to capture such random moments do you record videos of your gameplay or what?

What looks good with the helm of favor?

>perfectly timed kick
>only allowed 1 follow up swing
Why is this allowed?

I don't understand how people can say DaS1 is the best when the entire second half is complete shit and pretty much everyone hates it

im looking for some fun pvp weapon
are drang hammers alright? what about some axes?

it's almost like the last four areas are designed for you to run through without fighting any of the enemies or something

Drang Hammers are alright, Winged Knight Twinaxes are better in pretty much every way though.

>entire second half is shit
Catacombs+TotG is good
NLR is pretty short but decent
Denuvo Ruins and Izalith are hot garbage
Duke's is good, not spectacular but okay
DLC is solid

People really exaggerate how "bad" the second half of DS1 is. It's true that it's not as good as the first half sure, but it's still far from terrible.

I would love to have a DLC where I walk through an empty black space where nothing lives.
In all seriousness I really wish I could banish players to said Abyss, where there is no bonfire, there isn't anything, you're just infinitely wandering the void.

Because he's taking Instability damage from that one swing.

What build should I use for dedicated co-op in Anor Londo? I wanna spend the rest of my life helping noobs.

>get softbanned
>character sent to abyss with free for all PvP 24/7 and no way of leaving

That's simple. You are farming an average enemy. Let's say, he has the following loot table:
1) 50% - item A
2) 30% - nothing
3) 10% - item B
10) 0.01% - item C

This loot table doesn't mean that each two kills you will be getting item A, or that each third kill there will be no loot at all. It means that when the virtual dice is being "rolled" on the server side on which item you get, only 0.01% out of 100% of the "virtual dice" is representing the item C. And this virtual dice is being rolled on each kill, not the series of kills, so that chances of getting the item are exact same no matter if you kill the mob for the first time or for the 1000th time. Dice concept is what you should understand when looking at those loot chances, but it's not a regular dice which has only 6 possible positions in the real world - this is virtual dice and it may have an infinite amount of positions depending on the coded loot table size. You are not dealing with regular chances like 1 2 3 4 5 and 6, you have numerous variations of 1 a1 b1 c1 ... z1 ... 2 a2 and so on.

This concept is same in every game where you get loot from enemies based on variable loot table. When you use any kinds of item exploration "boosters", like, increase drop chance by 50% - it doesn't mean that each second kill you'll be getting any loot at all, it means that on each roll our virtual dice have 50% more values which result in an item drop other than values which result in 'no loot'.

Misunderstanding of a dice conception leads to dumb discussions on any MMO forum, like: "Uh, I got this new sword from the first boar in the forest" - "Fuck you, asshole, I've been farming those damn boars for two weeks and I've never seen a single piece of loot".

Thanks for the explanation guys. Oh boy, that must've been annoying to deal with on a regular basis.

fighting biggy and smalls or reaching bonfires?

Both? Ideally I want something w/ high damage, probably fire because they're weak to that, right? Miracles would be nice too but there's probably no way to get them effective at that low an SL.

Wasn't that a thing for hackers?
They were sent to a server where you can keep your shitty hacks but you're stuck with other hackers.

Go for either meme Zwei or meme buff Falchion for speed.
Or just support miracles for f-u-n.

>yet another Zwei

I know, it's just the best weapon for PvE, isn't it?

my god who thought it would be a good idea to give curved great weapons a running r1 that jumps forward in a game with this much latency

smalls is basically immune to lightning in phase one and biggie gets that resistance if he eats him
i think they're both weak to fire

Was agdayne supposed to be some sort of mini-boss?
He has a very varied moveset, compared to other phantoms i mean.

I also want to wear a funny hat. Which headwear should I go for?

Guys I played 1+DLC and 2 for the first time a couple months ago. I enjoyed 1 more but 2 wasn't terrible, is any of the 2 DLC worth it?

He's just a cool guy, created by Papa Nito himself

All the NPCs in DS2 have unique models and movesets.

papa nito sacrificed his own moveset to give all his beloved children special ones

All of the Dark Souls 1 boss fights past the Lord Vessel are garbage. Discuss.

but on the other hand if you kill edward you'll have to deal with jacob but all buffed up, isn't butthead more dangerous in that instance than beavis?
I say screw the resistances, just hit them with whatever you got, regardless of it. Kill Goblin first and then Vulture.

That's pretty neato
Really? i never dared to attack or summon one, but that sounds pretty cool

they aren't. I did.

either way you don't wanna use lightning

Yup. It's not really noticeable in most cases though, unless you've put enough hours into the game that you can see the different. They swing their weapons differently to the player, and some like Navlaan have unique spells that they use.

It's specially noticeable with the mirror NPCs in Aldia's, they have unique animations and their AI is different than NPCs. They are just reskinned mobs instead of hostile NPCs. I actually dislike it for no particular reason, maybe it's just that I like seeing the other humans on the same playing field as you, but in cases like Agdayne it's excusable.

Izalith is awful, but even then Demon Ruins are okay, they're not offensively bad. It's a bit fun to get to fight some Taurus and Capra demons, and at the very least it's satisfying in that it gives a ton of souls with the three bosses and Kirk. The centipede ambush thingy near the Large Fire Ember (or whichever ember it is) is also kind of neat. NLR is short, but on a first playthrough where you're being slow and methodical it seems pretty fucking big, at least it did to me.

I want the better taunts from the other two dark souls games.
none of this welcome or point down bullshit
remember the neck slice? that was a sweet taunt.

It shouldn't be garbage tier abyss like in four kangs encounter. That's just shitty design decisions you see there - oh let's make an endless black place with bosses floating in the middle of nowhere. Abyss, or a part of it, can be made as a fucked up mirrored version of the normal world, something similar to what we see when fighting soul of cinder, but ofc dark edgy and with demons and other shit.

demon ruins are more or less okay but that bit at the start where it's just seven taurus demons hanging out in a field is dumb as hell and you know it

DaS2's DLCs are infinitely superior to the basegame. All of them are about equal in quality

>not chilling in literal fucking hell on sundays when you have free time
lmaoing@urlife

I figured the Abyss was always just to be a black unending void.
That's what I think all an Abyss should be.
Absolute nothingness, forever.

I think Ivory King is noticeably worse than the other two. Iron King has good bosses and a nice area, Sunken King has the exploration, Ivory does nothing the other two don't do better. It's only liked because of how "epic" the last boss introduction is, even if it was preceded by a really garbage section.

Thanks guys I'll probably buy them

sunken kang is my favourite dlc across all souls games despite having 1 shit, one ok and only one god tier boss battle

i really didn't consider sinh to be amazing
he was better than pretty much every boss in ds2 vanilla though

Yes, don't pay attention to my somewhat dismissive previous post, even Ivory King is much better than base DaS2. It makes me wonder how much better the game would be if Tanimura had the DLC team/resources/development time from the start. That's why even though I'm not a DaS2 supporter I wouldn't mind playing a Tanimura Souls again. I think he has potential.

No, that is just a conception they've showed you in the first game. It's like hell or heaven, one doesn't have to be all about fire and lava, and the other one doesn't have to be a bright cloudy kingdom. Those are just the only conception that were shown to you. Abyss here is rather a parallel evil and destructive world, than an empty nothing. And in this game we already have plots showing us that Abyss here is not the 'nothing'. Artorias was fighting something there, and he was corrupted by something. Watchers were fighting something, and were corrupted by this unknown force. There can be easily made a whole game around this place and those unknow forces hidden there, instead of meaningless 'ashen one, go there, kill lords, get souls, link the fire'.

I can't help but feel that Dark Souls needs more humanoid sized bosses.

What I dislike about Sunken King is >more poison and the fact that the enemies absolutely never fucking stagger if you're not using an ultra weapon, which is not okay when they have a bunch of health and there's quite a lot of them, on top of poise hardly working on your side unless you're in full Havel's

Making the Abyss something you can actively fight against would suck the mystery out of it. Glad they're starting off clean for the next game

Sinh isn't a bad boss but I can't praise it too much because it's basically Kalameet. It's just a port of Kalameet to the DaS2 engine, Kalameet is an awesome boss but Sinh is so similar that it feels kind of cheap. I mean, if I wanted to fight Kalameet again I'd play DaS1 and I'd have better movement and character animations too. People give DaS3 shit for not being completely original in some parts, but at least they didn't do this for a final DLC fight, or god forbid, the worst fanservice in the series, Old Dragonslayer.

Havel monsters are the greatest.
>Fuck your pitiful Greatsword armor +10
>Greathammer of I just fucked your mother and now I'm here for you +20

t. ninjaflipping havelmom

Does anyone want to twink me desu

Most of the Dark Souls 1 bossfights are garbage.

I don't flip.
the fuck do you think I am? a weeb?
I'm edgy but I'm not THAT edgy.

>greatsword armor

>'fuck your pitiful greatsword' armor

Of all the armors in DS3 I find the outrider knight armor creepy when paired with Friede's Great Scythe.

>he doesn't wear an armor made of greatswords

Why creepy? It seems like a good fit.
Also, there's an armor set you rarely see.

Hmm, I'm really curious if you can do some weird shit like that with CE in any souls game?

>Greatsword Armor:
An armor made using the steel crafted from the greatswords of the fallen.

It was rumored that this armor was crafted by a blacksmith who killed only those using a sword larger than his own.

This would have been perfect for Tsorig, but they had to make more references, didn't they?