/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/922769246630957056
twitter.com/byuu_san/status/922933213953216513
youtube.com/watch?v=plrcDeDa7LQ
blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/CRT-Royale#Bloom
imgur.com/a/9N81w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does 127 in vgturtle127 stand for?

127 readme edits

>implying he doesn't has thousands of edits under his shelled belly

127 is police code for "proceed with caution". Remember, slow and steady.

Jumped on the retro arch train last night, kinda underwhelmed....

What did you expect except emulation?

i was hoping it wouldn't suck so bad for android.

>i was hoping stackable shaders, low input lag when backed by a powerful enough cpu, and good audio sync would work on a platform with shit specs and a ton of innate lag
So you're retarded?

Emulation on a terrible device can only yield terrible results.

Is there any benefit to getting a 144hz monitor for emulation? What about freesync/g-sync?

>retroarch
>not sucking
heh

Black frame insertion is neat but nothing you absolutely need. I've heard G-Sync is great if you run emulators who run systems with odd refresh rates, like lots of arcade games but I've no experience with that. You might look for G-Sync + mame.

PG27AQ. If that's too expensive, wait another year or two.

That BoSD recommends using Wii U USB helper to pirate games. Is the software trustworthy? Or is it better to just pirate them via torrent or DDL. Trying to play BotW now that I've heard RAM usage is down.

>$1,000 dollar monitor for emulation

I man, if you have that kind of money lying around, sure, but that's still kind of crazy.

I hear Samsung's quantum dot manufacturing technology it taking off and their QLED displays should be way cheaper in another year or so. Never got a chance to game on a QLED display, but the colors and blacks are amazing when I saw them. They'll probably make great emulation displays.

Don't have QLED screens really high failing rates? Or did that change?

It's about $750 normally, but there's a shortage.

Well, I'm sure the first generation stuff had relatively high failure rates just like any new display tech, but they sell enough TVs even at current prices that I doubt it's anything absurd. Also, their lifespan is also essentially infinite and there's no burn-in risk compared to OLEDs, from what I understand. First new display technology I've actually been looking forward to in years.

Reminder that Byuu is hoarding undumped games.

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/922769246630957056

Dump it yourself

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/922933213953216513

vita emulator when

Make one yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=plrcDeDa7LQ

>emulating on Android
There's your problem.

When you stop posting anime garbage.

Niggas should update their shitty emulator.

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

Monster hunter works on cemu now. With minor graphical glitches.

Why do you want this?

fuck you i like it

I want the high compatibility of the software pcsx2 with all the things retroarch brings.
I think retroarch with all shaders and filters is the best way to play low resolution stuff.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

>>emulating on Android
>There's your problem.
Drastic says "Hi".

Fuck you, I don't.

Rpcs3 could give two shits about vita emulation right now. They already stated its not a top priority at the moment and is on the back burner for now. It will take FOREVER before they decide to even touch it.

>with all the things retroarch brings.

Sure will be fun to play on low input delay settings with 5 fps.

Isnt the nvidia thing android? Ppl use that to emulate

how should i go about configuring rpcs3 for speed?

Starting off strong.

What did I tell you about disgusting fat elves user

Is there any fix for the layer of shadow that appears over everything when using hardware modes in PCSX2?

>is there a way to fix something in PCSX2

:(

I just wanted to play games at 2x resolution.

Here's your undumped game, you ungrateful pieces of shit.

Why should I be grateful for an undumped game?

My cat sat on it.

can i play wii games on dolphin with a keyboard or 360 controller?

You could cut your dick off with a rusty spoon but I wouldn't advise it.

Yeah, that's an accurate way to describe trying to play Skyward Sword with a gamepad.

garou666 btfo.

Who?

redditor that posts here and has a serious byuu obsession

>posts on reddit
>hates Byuu

Occam's razor says it's probably SP with an alt account

Posting style seems a bit different. SP doesn't strike me as being smart enough to change it up like that. Kinda like Trump as John Baron.

>Get into series
>Games are splattered across consoles
>Last game is XBox exclusive
Fuck.

Oddworld?

Hunter: The Reckoning

The games go XBox/GCN, PS2, and then just XBox

Weirdest splat I've seen in a while for a chronological series.

I remember renting that on xbox. What a fucking terrible waste of time that was.

>first one is on Japanese home computers, famicom and NES
>sequel is famicom exclusive
>third one is on Genesis
>fourth one in on the Saturn

I hardly expect them to be very good. I've been digging through the Evil Dead games, and boy. The dumb arguments /v/ has about which is the worst Dark Souls? The worst Dark Souls is still better than some of this shit. The evolution of genres has been real. Especially with 3d games.

Don't you talk shit about Evil Dead Regeneration.

Played Evil Dead: Hail To The King. Gave up before I managed to progress in the game. Unlimited respawning enemies + terrible mashfest combat. Currently trying to get through Fistful Of Boomstick. Slightly better. But god damn.

I remember liking Regeneration, but I fear time will not shine kindly on it. I've become a rather picky twat.

Maybe because 127 is 2^n-1

>Unlimited respawning enemies + terrible mashfest combat
Could be describing any contra or nu-cowadooty.

Yeah, but put those features in a game that handles like Resident Evil. Tank controls. Expectation for you to avoid enemies. But infinite enemies that keep spawning in front of you in limited preset areas. Limited supplies.

It's not a good combination.

G-sync monitors have ULMB which gives near crt like fluidity.
blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/

>mednafen SS still can't boot RE without locking up
rip

You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
If you're not the guy, feel free to skip this.

>rapidly moving spikeballs that shove you into a giant lava pit

>ended setup mame and shit
>new version just come out
jeez

Not the guy that spams that question. Just genuinely frustrated we dont have a somewhat working vita emulator. I would attempt to make an emulator for it but I am pretty retarted when it comes to that kind of stuff.

The processing power for software only just isn't there.

>Drastic
Not interested in closed-source garbage.

Anyone have any experience using code breaker/action replay in PCSX2 that can help me out?

Stay close to walls, I think I remember this was easier this way.

B...b...but you shouldn't have teased us in the first place and hurt our feelings by telling we will surely get angry over this... because now we are angry ...bouhouhou

These boots heal me 1hp every few seconds of movement. This changes EVERYTHING.

I lost 4 ekes to that pit

Use that grid pattern, but with CRT Royale's "fake bloom". CRT Royale is the only one I've seen do bloom propertly.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/CRT-Royale#Bloom

Share your shader setup.

I'd say that people and by people I mean SP will shut the fuck up about this. But they won't.

Dude, SP submitted $100 to his preservation project just to end decades old beef and to get the shit done and over with. Why would he do that and then supposedly adopt an alt to irritate somebody? Stop being full of shit and talking about things you know nothing about. I almost think you are Kakachi or some other autist sperg that wants to see the world burn.

Hi SP.

Functionally, the blur pass I'm using is identical to what Royale is using (though 5x5 instead of 9x9) to achieve the bloom, it's just that mine is much smaller and I've got other passes that are kind of muddying it up, but I'm working on improving that. Here's a comparison of the blur that I'm using for Bloom, versus the one Royale is using. All other settings default. royale vs royale: imgur.com/a/9N81w

Depending on your monitor, it might be quite difficult at a glance to spot the difference, but if you trace the image around the black, you'll see that one has much larger "smear" on that border than the other. That would be the default 9x9 blur pass that Royale uses, while I personally prefer the other one which is a 5x5 pass. The larger pass never used to bother me, but once someone pointed it out, I couldn't un-see it.

If you want to mess around with something similar, start with Lottes as your base.

How does retroarch mame work? I'm finding it difficult to get the standalone to allow me to play games.

You aren't pirating, you're sending Nintendo a ticket and they send back a game. It's the best way to get wiiU games.

How's he btfo? The game itself has been dumped for a long time, it's the specific revision that's rare

Tell me how. I can't remember and I last set it up like 2 years ago. I'm considering just copying over my 1.7 version or whatever it was from my old pc.

Because that auction right there is the undumped revision, and if he cared that much, he'd spend his 5 dollarydoos and dump it himself

No it's not

>end decades old beef
Which will start right back up the minute SP gets into one of his tantrums.

>wants to see the world burn
This shit is video games, man. The only autists are people who take all this petty drama seriously.