/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Previous thread: >Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/
NA: AWOO - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/
PS4: BLAPS - console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/BLAPS/
Blitz: BENIS

Other urls found in this thread:

a.safe.moe/xGYZq.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=U_CSWd8qbjc
youtu.be/V-EvIrpwpmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pzmoe

When are they buffing/replacing the T110E5?

God knows.

>3 threads

What buffs do you have in mind?

And they say /wotg/ is dead.

Join BLAPS!

It's fuckin dead jim.

I'm okay with this thread or the one with the Abrams but the faggot who made the thread before bump limit shouldn't get the honor.

Reinstating the cupola buff for one and a DPM buff.
But seeing as what WG has done to Foch 155 and FV215b they'll probably spend a few years looking for a more "historical" and "realistic" replacement.

So MBT-70 then.

Any tips for someone who is currently downloading this game for the first time?

NOPAN

Play the IS-7 line first or the ameriburger heavies. Don't be the first one to rush out in the open, don't play artillery, if your whole team decides to push one flank go with them, use tanks.gg to learn about what tanks can do and what their weaknesses are.

>Any tips

Play 10k battles then get back to us. Right now you're just another shitter who probably won't make it past the M3 lee.

Retrain crew from existing vehicles if you're moving up to a higher tier vehicle of the same nation instead of buying new ones, buy new ones for your old tanks you want to keep instead.
Do your first 10 battles in the Proving Grounds, then move to Random Battles after 10 battles.
Read up on what type of tank you might like playing and start grinding for those, Soviet IS-7 line is most commonly recommended starting line.

Also don't buy a tier 8 premium tank and think you're hot shit. You're not invincible and without experience you get 100% shit on by other players.

But muh p2w!

Even the most overpowered p2w prem tank is not going to save you when you're the first one being spotted and 15 enemy guns are firing at you from different directions.

Will do, thanks.

I don't plan on buying anything unless it's required. I'm assuming based on this comment the game isn't p2w?

I'm sure I'll be shit but I have a feeling I'll be playing for a bit. Winter us almost here and I hate the cold.

>the game isn't p2w?
some premium tanks are OP, and the more you spend the more you can sling gold ammo and consumables

but you can play just fine without spending anything if you're decent at the game and patient

It's p2w to a certain extent, certainly skilled paying players would have an advantage over skilled non-paying players but an paying idiot is still an idiot.
Most people just pay to skip the grinds, you can only buy tanks with real money up to tier 8 so tier 10 won't have real money tanks but you'll see more premium ammo that can be bought with real money or if you grind a lot.

google search for an invite code when you make your account to get a free churchill iii, it's a decent credit maker

>I don't plan on buying anything unless it's required.
Nothing is required except time or money. If you don't wanna pay for anything you can be damn sure the game will eat up time. WG frequently gives away premium tanks so you'll be able to get a credit-maker if you don't wanna part with 50 shekels. Once you get farther into the game you'll realize that a premium account is almost a necessity if you're aren't a unicum.

If you have a PS4 or Xbone, I would also thoroughly recommend playing the console version instead also. The Console version is in a much better state in terms of balance, grind, and matchmaking.

>better state in terms of balance
>wtfe100 still exists
>you can buy an e25 in the tech tree

>much better state in terms of balance
>unnerfed arty
>tier X prem HESH with 275 pen
>fucking storm/blizzard maps that cut your view range and somehow your radio range in half
>gold spam is starting to creep up as well
>fucking huge shit maps no one asked for you sometimes have to play when you want to take your tier 4 or 5 for a spin
>waffenfucker auf E 100
>unnerfed TDs in general

psh, nothing personnel, kiddo

What do you mean about premium being almost a necessity?

I'm playing on ps4 btw.

Thanks I will.

when you reach tier 8, or 9 depending on the line, you'll have a lot of trouble making a profit if you're not good at the game. if you're dogshit you might even start losing money at tier 6-7

Will this game just fucking die already

>What do you mean about premium being almost a necessity
Repair and ammo costs start to outweigh your profits at tier 9/10 and sometimes tier 8. So you either buy a prem account for increased profits or git gud.

The thing is that console still gets most of the buffs from PC but very few of the nerfs. The M55 still had a 32 second reload until last patch for Christ's sake, and the Object 268 still has 850 alpha damage. I also believe that the stun mechanic seems WAY more annoying than just getting hit by arty and loosing 700 HP or dying.

I would argue that all of the OP shit we have on console just balances out into every tank being somewhat decent since nothing ever truly becomes top of the totem pole. Also most Waffle drivers are literal paint drinkers so they aren't even a problem anymore. The Waffle never had to compete with Swedish TDs and Chieftains, and lemme tell you 515 damage HESH fucks up a Waffle when the only he can do is bounce your turret.

Unless another company makes a decent tank shooter with tanks ranging from WWI to the cold war, no. Enjoy that wargaming phallus.

I play on PS4 as well. Add me, my IGN is lilchat. Platooning is a great way to get better at this game.

At tier 8 and 9 it becomes very difficult to make a profit in most matches. At tier 10 it will be almost impossible to make a profit every game because you won't be very good.

Fug ok. Well time to test my skill. Is it possible to get truly stuck? As in, all your tanks are in disrepair and you have no way of possibly advancing?

Cool mine is Wubsy3000

I probably won't be on for a bit since this thing is taking forever to download.

Tier 1 doesn't have repair costs, lower tiers usually don't lose money even with shit play, I doubt even an idiot would get to that point unless deliberately.

no
tier 1 tanks have no repair cost and I think even the ammo is free. and even if you're bad at the game you should be able to make a profit every battle in tier 5 tanks, unless you spam prem ammo and consumables like a tard

No really. Altough one retard managed it a few threads ago. He bought equipment for his tanks and had like 10k silver left. He lost 5 matches in a row and hit zero. You can buy tier I tanks and drive them about to make money again, if that ever happens.

>As in, all your tanks are in disrepair and you have no way of possibly advancing?

Yes, if that happens you might have to sell some tanks. But the only way for that to happen is if you are REALLY BAD at money management. On the console version there is a way to earn 200,000+ silver a day once you get a tier 8 premium.

Understand that gameplay in the lower tiers and higher tiers are very different.
Don't rush through tiers, you'll be grinding hard at tier 5-6 anyway. Once you're at tier 5-6, take some time after a battle to see why you won/lost, what you think was a good thing you did and what mistakes you made. And never forget to take a peek at the minimap, this is more of a strategy game where you only control one unit, map control is important.

We have a list of next tanks to be replaced for 2018?

After the 183 i mean

How long till WG implements some sort of advanced tutorial, with map awareness and control, overmatch and autobounce mechanics, clip management and priority targets for autoloaders, view range and detection range and how camo ties into this, general tactics to avoid lemming trains and such, equipment tips, when to use HE and when not + gun caliber, etc.

NOPAN is pretty alive
more cw soon

>when to use HE

Just got out of a match where our IS-3 was fired 5 HE rounds at another IS-3 that he was facinghugging

IS-4 is the only semi-confirmed one

yes hello police? i want to report cheater clan platoon padding

a.safe.moe/xGYZq.mp4

That is beautiful.

What prem are we getting for it?

I remember people complaining about E5's cupola buff making it impenetrable without gold anywhere other than it's lower plate.
And now that the SConq is here, people are saying it's perfectly balanced?

>fucking huge shit maps no one asked for you sometimes have to play when you want to take your tier 4 or 5 for a spin

I'll take that over Mines or Malinovka at tier ten.

>zipping around in luchs on fuckhuge map
fuck yes muh dick

>Widepark and Komarin see tier 10 now

>scorpion pass disaster where north-east team camps eastern ridgeline and heavies ignore designated meat grinder in north west
>heilbronn shitfest where northern team camps hills behind bush and completely dominates
>raseniai clusterfuck where you can get either shit on by arty up north east or slug it out at the castle
>icebound where you can roll dice whether you win this map or not
Thiepval ridge is the only "good" one of the bunch and it was the first one.

How is the Jap Tiger? I'm considering picking it up for when I start grinding that line soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=U_CSWd8qbjc

Kek what the fuck

youtu.be/V-EvIrpwpmU

What the fucking fuck

flames so kewl

>icebound where you can roll dice whether you win this map or not

It's been like two months and I still don't know how to win on that map. And I didn't realize Heilbron was console exclusive. I actually really enjoy that map even though it's very unbalanced. I like it because it forces you to look at the enemy's team compoistion. If they have more than 2 TDs your ass better stay away from that hill.

We don't have those maps on PC. Speaking as somebody who was gone for years and just returned, there are several maps that I haven't seen since coming back. What happened to Komarin, Seaport, Northwest, Severegorsk, Hidden Village, Pearl River, Dragon Ridge and South Coast?

I forgot Province, as well.

Seems pretty standard. The console event has a fire breathing KV5 and Zombie Panther.

The ships look really nice and unique though

Too bad they are temporary only

We still have Northwest, South Coast, and Komarin. Northwest had a massive overhaul a few months though so you probably wouldn't even recognize the version we have now. I miss Severegosk though, one of my personal faves and they took it without warning.

>Komarin
Two variants console, dead on pc
>Seaport
On console in two variants, dead on pc.
>Northwest
Reworked on console, dead on pc.
>Severegorsk, idden Village, Pearl River, Dragon Ridge
Dead on both.
>South Coast
Still on console in two variants, although I've seen only the rain variant recently.
>Province
Restricted to low tiers only.
All other maps mentioned in the post you quoted are console exclusive. Most of them are big and shite. Although Icevound seems to be based on a old all versus all pc map.

Nah they're selling them as permanent camp

What is WH's problem? One of the biggest complaints has always been the lack of variety when it came to maps. So they remove like half of them?

We remove maps for balans, comrade

Northwest on Pc was a good removal as it heavily favored the north the south would always have to assault entrenched enemies and we're always fighting up positions

>Island Race silver exploit
Hasn't that loophole been nerfed just this week?

Is the Luchs objectively the best Tier IV tank?

>Pz. S35
Is it just me or does this tank have some really unfortunate matchmaking weighting? I notice that I'm bottom tier in it far more often than any other tank in my garage.

No, I just did it last night. The only I've noticed is that since 4.1 the bots have a little bit better aim so they track me a lot more, but that doesn't really matter since I'm in a Nameless and they can't pen me for shit unless I let them.

It has definitely been nerfed. You can only do the op for spotting 10 enemies in any number of games once per day now, whereas previously you could do it twice and therefore exploit it to complete both instances of the op in the same game resulting in an x4 silver multiplier. It was possible to earn almost 500k in one go. Now the max is around 250k.

it's obviously unbalanced, and non-retards have been saying so since the test server.

Very average is the way I would describe it, can be fun and has its moments, but the armor is not good and the cupola is gigantic.

no, ke-ho is

I've heard this said before. What's so good about it? Is it competitive up to Tier VII like the Luchs?

No, that's the T28E with E-30

Ah, I only ever bother to do it once a day so I didn't notice. 250k a day is still pretty good.

I've lost count of how many T-28s (both variants) that I've killed with my Luchs. Too big and soft.

That tank garbage. They gave that thing away free last month and literally everyone I know who got it sold it without even playing a battle.

Same but the other way around, luchs is just overall weak

I played a few games before selling it. The gun is good, when it hits its target. That's the only positive thing I can say about that tank.

>luchs is just overall weak
t. Orange

Luchs is small and fast. The T-28E is big and slow. Both have good guns that can be somewhat difficult to use. A skilled Luchs player will outplay a skilled T28E player every time simply because they have a better tank.

its a better allrounder than the luchs
its a smol stealthy light tank with a good gun for tier 4

>competitive up to Tier VII
>he didnt play against tier 8s with the luchs
smfh pham

t. cocklet
Luchs are weak user

>its a better allrounder than the luchs
While I don't doubt that (the Luchs the archetypal Combat Scout), the merit of the Luchs is how competitive it can be right up to tier VII. That for me makes it better than any other tier IV.

You're not explaining how, user. You're just making yourself look stupid now.

Different guy but if you think the T-28 is anywhere near as good as the Luchs you might be retarded. The Luchs can one clip most tanks at it's tier, the T-28 is just a moving target.

nah, you are just trying to justify a weak tank

Because luchs is agile enough to outrun anything, right tunneling user?

Topping the leaderboard as a tier IV in Tier VII games doesn't sound weak to me.

>Province
>Restricted to low tiers only.
Province hasn't been on PC in ages.

For the most part yes. And if it can't outrun it still has a decent enough camo value to hide in a bush somwhere until the trouble has passed.

Can't want until Province becomes available to high tiers on PC due to WG's map shortage.

>REV
>fully aim with vents+bia+food
>round dips into track
vs
>Type5 Heavy
>dead gunner
>no equipment
>on the move while turning turret
>hit a 1 pixel big cap under a train car

literally no one thinks the S.conq is balanced

> map shortage
they could easily reintegrate
> hidden village
> pearl river
> port
however port was removed because russian potato pcs could not deal with all the shit everywhere
and maybe southcoast with some reworking

it doesnt have to compete with anything over tier 6 because it always only had +2 MM
unlike the luchs it can fight at long distances, has better pen and good dpm for a tier 4