Why does the Irish flag have orange in it?

Why does the Irish flag have orange in it?

the color of their hair

Some asspain heretics killed a inbred but pious tyrant like a billion years ago and for some reason True Irishmen want to appeal to the Nasty North.

What is so nasty about the North?

The Britishness

Free state queers can't hack the banter.

But aren't they Scots?

American, I presume

Cross-religious unity. It's the orange of the Orange Order.

Didn't work out as intended, but they kept the flag.

My heritage is mostly Celtic and German.

Thats not what he meant.

Wew, well just in case you're being serious, Scottish people are brits

>Scots actually, sincerely, literally believe they aren't Brits

Until you take your thumb out your ass and take control of your lives, you are Britshits. Stay mad if you want, but don't try to argue with the encyclopedia

That's what I said dummy

Clueless

I see that now, but I have to stand by my earlier mocking

>American, I presume
>My heritage
So 'yes' is what you meant.

The Scotii were Irish. They just came home.

I remember two interpretations, can't remember which is real one:
1. Green is for Catholics, Orange for Protestants, and white for peace between them
2. Green is for Irish, Orange for Ulster-Scots, white for peace

>tfw protestant community in the south falls by 60% within ten years of independence
>tfw protestants in Ulster tell them to fuck off
>tfw they keep the flag anyway

God bless you for trying to get this thread back in order. The only person in this thread isnt a moron

:)

>But aren't they Scots?
No, they're Irish but they're loyal to the UK, hold British values and a British worldview. Culturally they're Irish, historically they were a mix of Scottish and English planters.

>Why does the Irish flag have orange in it?
The Green represents the nationalist tradition, the Orange represents the unionist tradition, white represents peace between the two communities.

There was also a Green/Blue/Orange tricoour representing Gaelic Catholics, Anglo Protestants and Ulster Scots Dissenters but it was scrapped presumably because green/blue/orange looks like shite

Oh yeah, Irish people who paint murals celebrating that period of mass starvation for the Irish people. Irish people who routinely mock the only country created by Irishmen as "third-world". Irish people who hold parades celebrating Anglo-Scottish victories over the Irish every year.

"Irish".

>Scots still salty about being called British

Being retarded doesn't make them not Irish

No, if anything it confirms it.

I'm a Scot and consider myself British. The people that get salty about it are just big jobbies.

>culturally irish

Where there ever laws banning race-mixing between the English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish?

If yes, do you think May will renew the law to stop your women from fucking refugees?

The lads in the North get triggered very easy but by fuck are they adorable.

Anyway, something about Irish and Orange (William of Orange) and white being the peace between them. I think.

>refugees
>in Caithness

Idk man, my teacher on Immigration was telling us about how his friends in the south of France and upper Norway were letting 8-12 refugees live in their houses for free. Apparently the owners would cover all their expenses and live in a motel or hostel or something until they get on their feet or get citizenship.

And the scary part is, my teacher's Jewish.

>Culturally they're Irish

Aye, but what's that got to do with Caithness?
What a minger.