/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

2D BioCLANG edition.
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

windows95tips.com/
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-03
lilium.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=egQjtm1ToB0
youtube.com/watch?v=u7V-G3PiRUc
mega.nz/#!VQlnVQ6C!_zvPj8T8FJMt_bwFL6OzgCf4phJQFoitzGQxdjNkVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=CXNQNeLDg5s
youtube.com/watch?v=BqZsSk5FFX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, might as well move over. We've dropped off the board with no replacement after hitting image limit before.

>your body has this but it doesn't have gears
fuck you nature you had to give bugs the cool shit

I assume you speak of moving over to this thread, not abandoning the glorious /egg/

What made you think I was saying that, heretic?

/egg/ is eternal. Autism is an abstract concept that can not die or be killed.

Unexpecteds like Opus dei.
>quick grab my balls and make swasticas

I've got an idea for a game: bike designer.
>Start by making simple single-gear bicycles
>Earn money by succeeding on tracks (3D remember, not 2D, so not easy Trials physics)
>Use money to buy better materials/parts (gears, tyres)
>Progress to motorbikes
>Tracks split into speed challenges with tarmac & off-road challenges with mud/grass/dirt etc.

Give it a chode module designer where you make your own parts and I'd play it.

A Chode module designer for ANY game would be great.

If you ever see someone complaining about a lack of ideas for creating mods, especially building/designing games, force them to make a Chode-like designer. We need the idea to spread as far as possible until game designers realise there is a dedicated group of weirdos who will use them.

CONSTANT
AGGRESSIVE
HONKING

I've considered making a drawn out letter to the DoD about why chode is the start of outsourced weapons R&D and they need to take advantage of autism.

>They get interested
>See /k/ get mentioned
>Investigate
>Suddenly they realise giving us access to true autism, sponsored/organised weapon-design training AND people already in the military would be a really bad idea

Nice idea but we need to make it appeal to a general audience

'Bike Simulator'
Each part is drag-and-drop
It appears 3D but it functions as if 2D
There are memes everywhere and youtuber bait to help spread popularity

We might also have to cut the budget short of being able to do the extra challenges, sorry. We need that money for advertizing and to pay people to promise the game will be good.

holy fuck, how did I not know that his was made by the lemon demon guy
windows95tips.com/

minimum viable product coming through
choo choo

>some old grandpa who's never used the internet and has no idea why it's a bad idea gets it pushed forwards anyways
>95% of all submissions are nuggets
>all explosives are just glocks

not so long ago
3 months? 4?
there was a fug that spammed about not making new deds because his card-playing fee fees were hurt

I have abnormal memory

clang dammit

>tfw only one cricket
at least I have unasymmetrical designs

Cicierega is a crazy motherfucker, he's been doing successfully with music remixes for a few years now. They range from pure memes to really fucking good (with carefully hidden jokes in the background), just search him or 'Mouth Sounds' and go through his soundcloud/youtube.

>he's also the one that taught the internet to content aware scale gifs and even provided some handy tools custom written by him

I'm beginning to think he's the collective consciousness of the internet more than he is a man. We GiTs now.

>Someone not only saved but posted something crappy you made

>we could have had cool looking vtol engines but they went with the faggy embedded ones instead

>Avia panel
>gee Billy, TWO Avengers?
>That random bumper
>18 parts
My average car is 13-16 parts. The rest are square covers for style. Get minimalist, son.

since when did they start putting bayonets on planes?

the nazis really thought of everything

>anything breaks ever
>mechanic kills himself instead of dealing with that shit

you know why it looks cool? Because nothing we have today looks like that, probably because it didn't work out.

But you know what we really need? More fans. Fans fucking everywhere. Fans in the wings. Fans to cool the passengers, fans to cool the computers, fans to cool the fans. Actually pic related has more fans because it's supposed to balance the vertical capability of a helicopter and the high forward speed of a plane better than any other VTOL stuff we've tried before.
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-03

DARPA's demonstrator worked so well, the europeans copied the design to make a flying car:
lilium.com/

Goddamn Europeans.

>>not making the whole plane out of germanic steel folded over 1000 times

Kraut aerospace magic

Been thinking about playing From the autism. Any mod I should slap into it despite being a beginner or vanilla is good enough?

european here
fuck you too
all you've got is a shitty render, we've got a realistic looking render
like seriously, where's the pilot on that maiden flight video? can't see them on any of the shots

>vanilla is good enough?
Right here. Get very comfortable with every mechanic, find the ones that offend you, remove or change them with mods.

Vanilla is fine.

Thanks guys.

here's the real enchilada:
youtube.com/watch?v=egQjtm1ToB0

I'd be surprised if that Lilium was a rendering.
>>where's the pilot on that maiden flight video?
most likely on the ground. Which is part of the reason this is not totally ridiculous, because it isn't carrying the weight of a person.

brick rigs supply drop when?

Just go to igg
Though always remember you can crack steamworks just by changing any steam emulator's ini file to refer to the game you want to crack. You can even do this to unlock on disc dlc.

> You can even do this to unlock on disc dlc.
Of fucking course.

the igg version is from august
the newest version of brick rigs is from september 29th

then use whatever torrent client you use's search engine and look for a newer one

I just checked and it's from Sept 14th. Still means you're missing out on the Sept 29th update though. Rip.

all the downloads are outdated

If I tossed my game into a download could you figure it out from there?

ye

make /svgg/ great again.

So this thing has an underwater top speed of 36m/s, a max airspeed of 150m/s, a turning radius of roughly its own length, a cost of just over 2k and is armed with a tactical nuke.

I'm thinking of calling it the Kerbal because it's an obnoxious cancerous little shit.

botes

Does the Earth approximation settings cause any issues in FtD?

Webm of it in action when?

Earth preset. Also the propulsion factor becomes 0.2, the Nether preset has it at 1.0
Mostly asking to know if it'll fuck any faction up.

Every cheese faction. Which is to say fucking everything that isn't DWG.

So it breaks fucking everything? Well, that's disappointing.

Don't just take my word for it, go out and test that shit.

>everyones playing Destiny 2 and get instantly banned on PC for using any kind of overlays

youtube.com/watch?v=u7V-G3PiRUc

>not only does it still work after crashing
>it still works after crashing 20 fucking times
>severely
>and there's some bastard with the sack to go through all that shit
What the fuck do we need the M1A2 for

what does the retardation of blizzard and blizzdrones have to do with engineering, space lego, autism, or the worship of CLANG?

Soon
>Destiny 2
They deserved it.

mega.nz/#!VQlnVQ6C!_zvPj8T8FJMt_bwFL6OzgCf4phJQFoitzGQxdjNkVbo

sent ;)

Last bump before I go to sleep.

I still see it burning.
You can never understand if you weren't there.

I was exploring this world I landed/crashed on in my escape pod.

I found every single resource on the planet using my car, but no ice! I'm in a valley surrounded by mountains. Not a single one of them has any ice on them that I have seen so far. My only choice now is to build a small atmospheric ship and go farther out for ice.

Could it be possible my world didn't generate any ice?

Woah slow down user that framerate is way too high for spengies, you trying to start a housefire?

youtube.com/watch?v=CXNQNeLDg5s

I made a gif just out of some screen shots as I was tumbling from the crash.

>using laser antennas

What exactly is the wood being used for here? Because that shit isn't gonna help against HEAT.

The cynic in me thinks it's so they can draw things on the TANKIFVAPC without getting into trouble back at base. I suppose it might give the enemy splinters as well.

First time with bobs mods, no angels, just got to green science and damn is it a bit different, wood is actually used

>announcing your position

Most likely camo. You park it against a wall or next to a hill and at a passing glance it looks like a pile of trash or somebodys piece of shit truck, and not an all green military vehicle.

Expand and elaborate as i know nothing and the desire to know more intensifies

Is there a mod to have storage chest filters in Factorio? I can't find anything.

/egg/ racing when

>when you complain about hovers and a guy on your team tells you hes sick of babys complaining and they need to grow up because hovers are totally fine, and you look over and see hes driving around on 16 hovers

just use train cars you spud
or filter inserters with wire conditions

Inserters wouldn't work for what I aim to do:
I'd like my construction robots to store deconstructed items in certains chests so they can be recycled.
At the moment, I have to find where items are stored and recycle them by hand.
For a game about automation, that's a bummer.

have you considered using requester chests

Best /egg/ right now for hover is probably Homebrew. It has an elaborate, Simulink-style logic engine so you can get straight to PID controller masturbation.

That woudln't work either:
Let's say I'm deconstructing/upgrading some yellow belts to red belts.
I already have passive provider chests to allow construction bots to get those belts.
And the deconstructed belts would be stored in a random storage chest. If I put a requester chest to store yellow belts, it will be filled directly from the factory.

so set your factory to only produce if items in network is below a certain value

That wouldn't do the trick either.
In this case, to keep the belts example, if I'm upgrading all my yellow to red ones, the yellow belts won't be produced anymore, but a huge stock will stay indefinitely in a storage chest, waiting to be recycled manually.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqZsSk5FFX4

Also, the storage filter thing has been a suggestion on the official forum since 2014. It's weird they didn't addressed it yet.

>/egg/ in which is pvp but you design your gun from the ground up

so feed your red belt factory from a requester requesting yellow belt
are you fucking retarded or something

>Using various parts you find around the battlefield
>One guy makes a fucking clang-tank

>you're supposed to make a hand held weapon
>havok finds a way
>six hours later some autist has a spider tank powered by artillery shells

reminds me of the MGS weapons glitch, shit was great and you could make tons of stupid shit

If I put a requester chest, logistic bots will never stop working. Because it will always request new items. What I'd like is a chest able to store only one type of item, and do nothing when it's empty.
I don't think you get the point.

the better one

>Because it will always request new items.
well it's a good fucking thing you're using all those yellow belt to make red belt then huh

It'd be pretty fun with a calculation on building your abomination if it will fire or not, then taking it into the feild and blowing your hands off at the wrist when your drum-fed double barrel silenced loundenced repeating auto-canon does as nature intended.

Underbarrel tranq on a tranq pistol