/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Last return: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91RvPk6UUQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEW THREAD WHEN?

Nth for arisen/pawn OTPs

How do I increase my chances of getting the mercenary slogs, just continuous purification?

pretty much
enjoy giving up those shekels

What's that thing on the right user. Is that your arisen

I didn't notice but if you meant the one on the FAR right then that's Tara doing a photobomb

Anyone on PS4 want some hires?

Gunna be doing some Bitterbutt runs through the day and I don't wanna be lonely.

Hindsight is fantastic. Big part of why I love playing Fighter so much.

>one crown to outshine them all.

Viral-Protocol
I've got a mid 70s strider with crappy gear but shes got a pretty face

>Exodus Slash iframes go through the Eliminator charge
>can stagger or knock down the Eliminator

Also I'm so happy this general is back

but why is that guy so small

dowtheorganic
Sorcboy Zoltan is ready

ouberry13
got a level 90-ish fighter amazon ready to kill shit dead

Maybe I projected male beauty into him but he is not small okay, don't make me brine you

Anyone on Xbox One needing RC? i'm planning on going through BBI 1 & 2 soon

pawns are the true beloved

Nigga he's shorter than my tiny female strider he smol.

Okay well you got me there maybe but what if I tried to tell you that he gets more mad air for his skullsplitters due to his sublimely lithe frame or something. I-it's purely for the gameplay benefits I swear
For real though I didn't give it any gameplay thought but I guess his stamina regens faster since he's lightweight and on the shorter side?

all that matters is that he's a good boy

Neato, I'll do what I can.

Any materials for upgrades you guys might need? I'm at the point where I'm ignoring everything except RC drops and cursed items.

not for raping, you filthy goblin!

send my amazon back with a nice hunk of meat
I honestly don't need anything right now

If you come across any Bloodied Chains, Zoltan would deeply appreciate them

I'll surprise you then
No worries, my Pawn and I have been melting down Eliminators for ages so I'm sure I have a billion to spare.

Post backstory for your Arisen and Pawn. I might write a few drabbles over the week.

>have two pawns, both of which are level 200
>one is a female fighter, the other is a male strider
>fighter gets hired 3x more than the strider

Is this a class or a sex thing? I don't understand. I find the strider more useful for BBI runs, myself.

Determined, tough fighter girl with a quiet Reticent/meek masterrace overprotective killing machine of a pawn No really whenever I get the "none may touch the arisen"-quote it's always been followed up by an eminence brainsplitter or hundred kisses on the head of a chimera that died 5 minutes ago. She's probably like Barroch in a way where she couldn't give a hoot about the cyclism or godhood, it's just an opportunity to go treasure hunting and seeing the world Capcom elven forest please with the pawn

a sex thing and striders are underrated for pawn hires in general. most players just don't realize how ridiculous they are i guess

If you've already got Dragon's Maw, you don't need Full Moon Slash. You'd be better off with Antler Toss.

These two that is Although barbarians/crusader pawn/arisen duos are god-tier

What happens after I beat Daimon a second time? Does BBI loop back around again?

>No worries, my Pawn and I have been melting down Eliminators for ages so I'm sure I have a billion to spare.
Bless you, user

It's like Of Mice and Men with the Arisen as Lenny and the pawn as George

>Hindsight Strike/Antler Toss/Dragon's Maw
I-frames and knockdown for days. The patrician's choice, truly.

To be fair, FMS is a weaker but less stamina-draining version. If you carry curatives/vims that's not a big concern though.

Arisen was a gifted, ambitious sorceror who wanted to live closer with the land and immerse himself in the elements to get a better understanding of their power, ended up in Cassardis and got content with the plentiful, pastoral life there by the sea-side. Found a kindred in spirit Quina who too knew of magick.

I dunno if you can write a backstory for your pawn since you make them apparently? But if that's not the case then:
Pawn is a potent magick user whose been around a lot, confident in their power, but lacked any proper outside drive or Arisen to fully use their power.

Arisen and Pawn met and happily learned from each other.

i think i fucked up my thumb from playing too much
help

I've got a strider there, tho she's only lvl 80, so she's probably going to be really under leveled

Was it the Eliminator stomo?

I have obliterated the deadzone in both of my PS4 controllers.

Sky Rapture or Burst Strike?

>be sorc
>meet Ur-Dragon for the first time
The only spell I get to cast occasionally is High Glicel because he keeps swatting me. How the fuck do you all do this without spell syncing?

holy focused bolt

Holy. Focused. Bolt.

Sky Rapture is fun but I personally find Burst Strike to be more useful.

If we're allowed to ignore the canon of Cassardis, then I got a lot of autism for all the different Arisen and pawns I've created over the years. I won't unleash it all at once, to spare people from my bullshit.
My current Arisen is a traveler from the mainland, born and raised to study magic. She heard about the sorcery of Gransys and decided to pop in and learn what she could, immersing herself in her study. During a trip to Cassardis to meet up with Iola to hear tales of the older days, the dragon shows up and steals the heart of the young sorceress.
The pawn, meanwhile, lost her previous Arisen in a different world. Without her Arisen, the pawn wandered into the Rift, hoping to find new purpose in a new world. Hearing a far off voice, calling to a newly made Arisen, the pawn makes her way into the current world, meeting up with the young sorceress. At first, she thought this young magick user far too different from her previous, knightly Arisen. The sorceress was brash, vulgar, and disinterested in the Arisen's journey. Trying as best she could, the pawn attempted to convince the Arisen that the dragon must be slain, else innocents suffer. Running out of ways to convince the Arisen, she told her that, by killing the dragon, she'd gain access to stronger, more archaic magicks. This seemed to finally get our Arisen off her ass.
I have more. Much more. But like I said, I'll save people from all my bullshit.

Shit, I try not to cheese the game with it but it seems I have to suck up my pride post-grig. Fuck it. I'mma go hunt for some curative materials. Do specific bosses respawn in the Everfall? I killed the Beholder looking dude and as I was exploring, returned to his room and there was nothing. But in the Chamber of Fate, the place seems infested with bosses. Only went back to it twice though.

It seems like you could write as well. That's a compliment and not a jab, by the way. The open aspect of the game and that it's basically d&d brought to life really lends itself to coming up with such stories.

>Death can put itself to sleep
It doesn't last long but I laughed at this. He also one-shotted the Gorechimera on a scythe wing

they respawn every 3 days i think. maybe longer.

>It's a Jasper has run away and refuses to ever return or exist again and Fournival would rather not give me the option to buy the fucking house quest.

>be sick
>lurk /ddg/ hoping for comfy stream
>get story time instead
Best general.

death really loses his intimidation factor when he does shit like this and randomly floats around in a circle

Go easy on him, he is very very old.

Honestly, at least three of the Arisen/pawn teams I've made, I've written out little short stories about their daily lives, how they first meet, and what they do concerning the endless cycle (if they go for it, if they choose to do something else, what that something else might be, etc)

Nah man he still freaks me out. Wandering around in the pitch-black sewer trying to avoid the fucker is some fucking tense shit for me.

he's also very, very insane
poor guy was just a normal arisen once, then he lost his mind wandering the depths of bitterbutt

Rapture's easily my favourite part of MK. You'll send yourself off a cliff at least once and against Hellhounds you'll wish you had BS instead, but it's just so much fucking cooler.

that's not Death's health bar.

>We still don't have the Godsbane as a usable sword.
>We can't use the Seneschal robe on NG+ and walk around glowing constantly like a permanent lantern.

I might stream tomorrow or thursday night

The bigger question is how the fuck do people stand playing Sorc without bringing Sorc pawns for spell syncing? Like, that's the whole point isn't it?

Name a better NPC
Name a better set
You can't

Hey there friendo

How's the corpse-eating going

Alister is an old, jaded Sorcerer. In his youth, he led an arduous and physical lifestyle. He was not talented or exceptionally gifted at any one thing, nor was he born into a wealthy household. He toiled away meticulously on some nobleman's farmland, his hands becoming calloused and rough from the unyielding plowing. In what little spare time he could glean from the dawn, he studied and practiced the ways of sorcery. Alister's skills were earned rather than bought and although he took much longer to master the craft, his labor bore fruit: power and respect. Fledgling wizards flocked to understand Alister's unflinching command of magicks, his stamina and control-- a marvel the soft-skinned nobles and twig-thin scholars. His adventures were many, and his tales grand. However, as sure as the sun rises, atrophy caught up with the Sorcerer. His skin grew wrinkled, and his hair greyed, and Alister knew it was time to retire. He came ashore to Gransys and nestled away in idle comfort of the fishing village known as Cassardis.

DELET THIS

So pawns are clinically retarded when it comes to the chained gorecloposes right? I was in the double room and the amount of times they started attacking the still chained up one instead of the one rampaging and one shotting them halfway across the arena was infuriating. I ended up sacrificing all of them just out of spite

Julien

Man, the light from the Rift when you resummon your main pawn is very flattering

Is there a mod that removes the overlay on the screenshot tool? It's so intrusive.

and the red drake in bbi, and most flying enemies, and mounting undead then jump down bridges, and tight areas with fast enemies. my pawn for example kept shild katapulting me into the fire breath of the red drake like 5 times in the same fight so i stopped reviving him

If I can get it working right, I might stream a little later

Oh don't tell me this. I managed to fight two of them in Forgotten Hall one at a time without ever freeing the second one. Was that a total fluke?

Do your civic duty

Yes, just search it up on the nexus.

My backstory is MANLY MELEE MEN

>THE TRUTH REMAINS TH-

post cute pawns and pawnettes

I cant believe i did all of this only to get cucked in the end. What was the point of all this shat

If there is aught I can do, say it

a strong elf boy

pray
let me
pray

it

Elves aren't canon

shut

What are you talking about? The two Olras separate and the pawn goes with Ashe while the Arisen basically promises to suck your peeny any time you want. Barroch plays for the other team so it's not like he's making a move on your girl.

If anyone wants to watch an idiot fuck around, I'll be streaming for a bit. I guarantee nothing, and you should expect less. I'll fuck around in Gransys and probably run through the story quick until I can fuck around in the Everfall.
Also, no mic, because various reasons
youtube.com/watch?v=91RvPk6UUQI

Is there a significant difference between the last gen and PS4 (not pro) version?

I know its not 60 fps but is it stable? Also is the crappy view distance improved and NPC loud times better? I always hated waiting for people to pop into existence to talk to them.

Ok how the fuck am I supposed to get gear 3s Matt doesn't even consistently drop them like the other ones from the chests

You, ugh, farm the ones in the chests. In BBI 2.0, there are like 5 chests in the first stratum that drop them. You'll have to Godsbane farm for them though.

Fuck

Any good locations or is it gonna take 20 sudokus a chest to get them

No chest has a 100% drop rate for Lv. 3 Gear. There's 2 in Ward of Regret and 2 in Warrior's Respite. You can just use the wiki to figure out where those chests are.

Any
Any
I'd rather do a full game run with the fisherman's tatters and the rusted weapons I get in the beginning than use the ugly ass princess suit. I wish I could throw Aelinore off a cliff to a rock.