/domg/ - Dominions General

Tendies Enhanced Memes Enhanced edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP head first, the best learning experience is by playing the game

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Staled Out Cycle:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_eWRvV1NEQWtjV0E/view
youtu.be/3a5hGydUYSo?t=2m29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for xib

Why did you start a thread now when I won't have any new memes to post until tomorrow night at the earliest?

Because Pretenders Enhanced Beta has been released and the meme pretenders are very real.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_eWRvV1NEQWtjV0E/view

I can't tell if the egg, the whale, or the literal swamp province sprite is my favorite.

I like the whale skeleton, personally. The big turtle is great too.

How meme is it?

I like the demon in the pentagram but only if it's immobile.

Marignon should be able to summon immobile demons.

Lord of the Forest starts with a vine shield equipped if that tells you anything.

The things in pentagrams are immobile and can't even teleport iirc.

>a fucking rock
>it isn't even a statue or a monolith or anything
>just a big fucking rock

Casting twiceborn.

You mean this guy?

A
FUCKING
MOUND

I want to make fun of Berytos for this but it's actually worked out for him so far.

>Your god isn't even a rock, it's a pile of dirt.
>A pile of dirt with DEATH CURSE.
10/10 top notch flavor balancing.

Feeling the elephantom pain

What's that tree?

Why the fuck would you EVER build Rakshasi over Raksharaja?

seduction

I feel like cap-only StR is a bit slow to get a good number of seducers in the field. Especially when they are competing with the guys who can summon storm demons and dakini, forge air helmets, and cast fog warriors, cloud trapeze, and storm.

You probably want more rajas in general, yeah. I'm just saying what they're good for.

Might be owrht getting one to site search

>not doing noDom to save up your luck for your first Dom5 game

youtu.be/3a5hGydUYSo?t=2m29s

goddammit now I'm gonna have to spend ten hours rewatching all of it again

Way ahead of you senpai, I already rewatched it this year.
Dom5 when?

Testing out Pretenders Enhanced expansion. Some notable fun ones I've found:
>EA Lanka Devataraja(A4E4B4)
>EA Ermor/Arco Hound of Hades(D5, great scales)
>EA Agartha Annunaki of the Underworld(D5E5)
>Any UW Prince of Tides (W9 or W4/F4)
>Any Eastern Vermillion Bird(W4/F4)

Are there any particularly funky chassis available? Any weird gimmicky stuff? I love a good gimmick pretender.

Page 10 bump
talk about something you fuckers
what's your favorite artifact

The Annunaki I mentioned is pretty gimmicky. The idea is to use her shade beasts as frontliners for your olms, then she can cast darkness (Cave darkness in ME) and later ramp into utterdark/release tartarians if it's a longass game.
Son of The Fallen too. He domsummons rephaite soldiers every month so you can do a weird awake scales expander thingy with extra rephaites.

Pretty much all of the immobile guys have gemgen now, and I think awake immobile is about as gimmicky as it gets.

MA/LA Rl'yeh gets an XP form immobile guy which can move in later forms.

What are the most interesting nations in each era, and why are they Berytos, Nazca, and Bogarus?

do they gonna update the multiplayer system in dom 5 or are you still forced to play by email

Oh good god, PC Gamer's playthrough of dominions was fucking suffering. A D9 Monolith as Lanka, if I remember correctly. It was still pretty fun, but from an optimization perspective, it made me want to claw my eyes out.

Soulstone of the Wolves. Unlimited Chaff Works.

>Its just a sprite of Tachibana Ukyo from Samurai Shodown
BEST
PRETENDER

Do the new expansions to dominions change the game up a ton? I have no idea what dom 3 was like so I have no idea what to expect.

Is there any list of all the changes made so far? Simultaneous turns during battle seems pretty crazy as does multi-turn casting.

Tons of shit. Right now, the testers say they're rebalancing pretender costs.

You fool! I gained almost 300 gold per turn in recovered upkeep from that battle! You played right into my hands!

Is MA Xibalba still shit? Last time I played dom4, you either ignored frogs and spammed bats or played a normal blood magic game with maybe blessed dart throwers early on.

hey newmaphurts admin can you extend for 48 hours? i gotta leave out of state for job

i mean after this turn sorry

The Aegis

Doritoes I disagree with, I'd rather say Fomoria, but Nazca and Bogarus are both definitely up there

Any of the horror related ones, really fun to fuck with people while fucking you up too

remove water nations from the game entirely

water nations are okay but

no map should have more than one player's worth of water provinces. eg in a 15 province / land player game, the map should have 15 UW provinces TOTAL, preferably with like 10-12 in one sea and the rest scattered in isolated pockets to provide coastal provinces.

More UW nations = more knives in the phonebooth, but not more total provinces in the sea fortress

Thursday

Made some Dominions art

Is there some page in the manual that explains why different units with the same weapon have different attack skill? Like how is it calculated, or manually set for each unit? And how does protection and natural protection work exactly? As in, someone hits a unit with 15 protection and 15 natural protection with 30 damage, what happens and why? I'd be also interested and thankful if anyone knows how the other underlying mechanics which aren't evident in the mod inspector work, the depth of this game is pretty neat.

Nice one, but I prefer this one

Why? His elves aren't even glamoured.