/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #604

''Pillow fight'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
strawpoll.me/14234143
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

>I posted the wrong image

BtS on GNU/Linux when?

Don't get your hopes up. Unity's Linux support is utter shit. It's technically still 'experimental' and it's held together by a rag-tag sub-team of passionate Linux nerds. Chances are they'd have to change engine versions a few times to get it working and changing versions of Unity in the middle of a project is a colossal pain. Never mind on a project that has actually shipped to customers.

>Episode 3 ends with Chloe burning her letters to Max by the lonely oak, and then carving the date "1. 26. 09." into the charred remains of the tree

>mfw the Farewell episode features Max going back in time to the day she left for Seattle, much like when Max goes back to the day William died to fix the alternate timeline, Chloe will have no idea of the gravity of the situation when Max pours out her heart to her. She ends up leaving some kind of personal artifact with Chloe as a promise to keep in touch with her no matter what.
>Later, we see Max getting into her parents car, loaded with boxes and things tied to the roof. As they drive away, tears fall from Max's eyes as she rips apart the photo she used to transport herself back to this moment
>The butterfly effect unfolds as we see various events being erased and forever changed. Max never returns to Arcadia Bay, but keeps in touch with Chloe. The photo of Rachel in the Dark Room becomes a photo of Chloe rescuing her from Nathan, which results in Chloe never ending up in the Blackwell bathroom with him

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>Skip forward to a scene of a Blackwell graduation ceremony sometime in May of 2013, we see Chloe's truck parked out in front of the school as Rachel hurries out of the main entryway wearing a gown and cap while carrying a large duffel bag
>Chloe is in the truck, and she has a stack of letters in her hand left hand, and is fiddling with an obscured object in her right hand, deep in thought
>Rachel throws her bag into the bed of the truck and climbs into the passenger seat, kissing Chloe on the cheek
>"So, what's an educated girl like you doing with a lousy high school dropout like me again?"
>Rachel rolls her eyes "Chloe, LA isn't going to wait for us. Let's go."
>"Chloe pauses for a moment, as she looks down at the letters in her hand, we have the option to view them
>They're the same letters we read throughout BtS in her journal, but instead of talking to Max as if she abandoned her, we now see that she was writing letters to Max as if she were dead
>The camera pans over, and Chloe still has the object that Max had given to her on the day she moved away, this object could be one of three things we are given the option to leave with Chloe
>Chloe looks over to Rachel, who has a somber look on her face as she begins to comfort her
>"Chloe, are you all right?"
>"Yeah, I just... Rachel, I need to make a stop before we head down to LA."
>"Whatever you need to do, Chloe."
>In the final scene, instead of burning the letters and angrily etching that fateful date into lonely oak, Chloe places her letters to Max on her grave in Seattle. A single tear rolls down Chloe's cheek as she places her hand onto the the gravestone. "Maxine Caulfield, Sept. 21, 1995 - January 26, 2009"

Episode 3 stuff may be possible in one ending. Someone was saying stuff about the charred tree and being able to carve it. I was hoping Chloe kept those letters somewhere safe and gave them to Max one day later in after everything.
That stuff about the Farewell Episode is absolute ass and completely out of question.

strawpoll.me/14234143
strawpoll.me/14234143

WineHQ says that BtS uses DirectX11 for their models but the game is playable; the characters will just be missing. Chances are they will port the game after all the episodes are released like they did for Season 1.

I must admit that was quite elaborate but still....

how do you know

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Thanks a lot, anons. I'm going to be hopeful that we get it eventually.

Good thing we're starting the thread of right with more amberfag shitposting.

Farewell Max.

Don't belittle the greatest love story of our generation

You uploaded the wrong picture. I think you meant to post Frank and his beans

I love Max and I don't want her to die. I just have a strong feeling this is where it's headed. Of course I don't actually expect it to pan out in THAT way, but what other point could there be to having a "Farewell" episode? It has to have some kind of deeper meaning to the story than just a 2-4 hour cutscene of Max and Chloe hugging and promising to stay in touch even though we all know that never happens. And why are we playing an episode that far in the past if not to alter what happens in the present timeline? What relevance would anything else have to a story that has already been told?

Just a few more months and they'll be gone because they have nothing left up their sleeves.

Just install Windows on a VM and kmspico it.

Is Max the kind of girl who would go school shooter?

No you saw how she reacted to the gun
She's more likely to off herself

Nah. That's too petty, too small scale. She'd rather let a tornado ravage a community full of people she knows and not warn them it's coming

Reminder: That woman was definitely not my mom

It's not heading that way at all. It's a little bonus episode to show how things began. One last chance to play as Max and see her and Chloe as kids without Max being an adult in her younger body. No time travel or jumping into the past. I'm sure we will see bittersweet moments between them and promises that Max unfortunately cannot keep. At least until she returns five years later with a power and something pushes her and Chloe back together. Then we already know the story from there, they reunite, come closer together, and make promises to each other that they will keep.
The Farewell Episode sets the stage for Before the Storm to happen, Before the Storm sets the stage of Life is Strange to Happen.

Shitty Vicky belongs in the trash.

Did she really poop herself in BTS? Like, is it canon?

Why else do you think everyone left her on the ground? No could bear going near her.

No.

Victoria is our friend, user.

She doesn't have any friends. Not even her family loves her.

Vicky is too cute for you guys to be saying this terrible stuff. She's like 14, she's a kid. She's not evil...yet.

This seems like the perfect image for this thread

>She's like 14
Only four years left to go.

I need as much BTS Chloe as you guys can dump. Pls help.

You have a sick fetish, dude. Are you Jefferson? You're acting like Jefferson.

There's a question: if they had told everyone about the tornado, and anyone who believed them left, would anyone who left have lived?

Too bad for you it's canon. Shitoria spent her 19th birthday rotting away in a shallow grave.

Not canon. Surely a game that emphasized the necessity of compassion and recognizing signs of suicidality wouldn't penalize the player for warning women of getting dosed with date rape drugs...right?

Max could still go back if she deemed it necessary. Though it would be a bit of a tough choice, she obviously wouldn't want to use her power anytime soon after that but the longer she waits means the longer she would be on autopilot until she caught back up to the present. She wouldn't want to lose a lot of time with Chloe like that.
So in a day or two at most after the storm she have to go back using a photo and tell Chloe they need to warn people. Max could write info down in her diary like where the worst damage and casualties were and then focus on those areas for warnings. Probably not everyone would believe her, but they could certainly convince their friends and Chloe's family. Tell them leave the town or to be on cliff with them.

Victoria did some messed up things but she could still change if she really dedicated herself to it. She could have survived in the final timeline since David and the Police encounter Jefferson in the Dark Room right before he's going to drug someone. Which was presumable Victoria.
She would sit in the hospital and probably run into Kate. The two of them wait out the storm together in the hospital's shelter and use the time to talk. I could see Kate asking Victoria to pray with her or to confess her sins. It's an important first step in Victoria really turning things around.

Canon. Victoria got photo-raped while Max and Chloe talked to David. The police arrested Jefferson after he'd already buried her. When the storm came everyone forgot about her, and her body was never found.

>thinking that turning to religion is instantly redeeming
Uninstall yourself.

delet

You know what's even more fucked up? If Max gets really mad at Chloe, she can just go back in time using a picture from before her death at the hands of Nathan, and rekill her.

Never said that, I don't think Victoria would ever become religious. Just that in that moment, praying with Kate would bring her some comfort.

!

Is this the Marsh thread?

>Years go by and Arcadia Bay slowly recovers
>Victoria's spirit remains tied to the forest where her body is buried
>She's still waiting for mommy and daddy to find her
>Sometimes joggers swear they can hear a girl weeping in the woods

Hell yeah motherfucker

Not sure I've ever seen an artist get Chloe's eyes the wrong color. Though a lot make Max's brown.

I don't blame Chloe for wanting to try and recreate the magic of this moment.

They just can't stop.

How can two people be so perfect for each other?

queen of the crickets

Well the first step is not being shallow enough to suck 3 dicks behind your soulmate's back

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

Savage

Part of that is being able to be there for each other in moments good and bad. To be able to be honest and admit weakness. It took them some time to fully realize that but mistakes can be valuable lessons.

Now, now, let's not hate on Rachel like that. She was there for Chloe when Max didn't have the confidence to be. They had their time together and their fun, but Rachel just didn't have the same ideas as Chloe did. Can't fault Rachel for not having the same feelings, she can be faulted for for lying to Chloe but she also did end up helping Max.

By being literally anathema to the order of the universe.

Does another tornado form later that's even bigger since Arcadia Bay wasn't supposed to die?

Not even a contest.

Cutest corpse in the cemetery!

After so much fucked up shit happening so far I'm just happy I got this one win, Victoria is safe and maybe Max catches Nathan soon.

Arcadia bay was supposed to die though, Max changed the destiny of everyone and everything, including Chloe, time and time again except for stopping the storm, only by literally drinking Michel's french-imported coolaid does she stop it.

Keep going user, it only gets better from here :)

HAhahahahhaahhaahaahahaahahhahaha

Letting Victoria die is the right answer, though, right?

NO. Protect her at all costs.

He was the serial killer? what the fuck dude.I can't believe I've came this far only for this asshole to kill Chloe and Drug Max, this is some game of thrones bullshit

Honestly saving victoria (don't mouseover dude above) choice is messed up. I didn't even know that telling her about photo-rape makes her a target until three plays. she died until i made one being mean to her and it clicked

Oh you're still playing through that? cool.
STOP AT THE ART GALLERY IN EPISODE 5!

He told her to enter her fucking photo.

>this is some game of thrones bullshit
It's game of thrones season 6 desu

Nah, in Game of Thrones she'd probably be raped by now.

Together forever

Of course it's the right answer. An idiot like her has no future after Blackwell. Killing her would be an act of mercy.

Thanks to codeleak anons they are gettig closer to reach files. These are the only info(s)&leaks about script I could gathered;

Rachel will be the influence that Chloe dyes her hair to the blue. They will do it when Rachel visited Chloe's home/room

Cringy guy's confrontation will most likely happen at junkyard or blackwell while hanging with Rachel. Remember depending your choices you could led him on (like saying no ;at start and intending to go play or not in ep2) then ditching him and forgot all about it. in ep1 you also could simply say maybe to his invitation and reply his hanging out after tempest with uncertain things responses or with maybe, or lie; you are gonna ditch the show or with truth ;that you will hang out with Rachel etc. Choices are there because these will also trigger his anger and change some dialogues

That ep3 teaser, latter scene, which was involved with Rachel's having trouble and Damon's threatening her (also about Drew and Mikey situation) after phone conversation;Chloe's concern about it. Earlier confrontation scene(cringy eliot) I am talking about first confrontation scene;which they may be change things and it may happen in blackwell either. But it will happen just right the time when Rachel and Chloe together.

Advice scene with Steph (and cute jealousy moment) is really coming this time btw

Don't worry, the next episode is beautifully written and incredibly satisfying. I love how there are like ten different endings based on your choices, make sure you selected belgian waffles earlier in ep2 or you're fucked

Has anyone heard anything about vampyr? It feels like dontnod has gone completely dark on it's development since the summer

Delayed to later next year because they need to add more het kiss scenes to it

Gtfo michel

Last I heard they hit some snags that caused a delay until later next year. That shouldn't have an effect on LiS S2.
I still think Vampyr looks interesting.

It has been delayed to 2018 and
It flopped before the game even shipped

nobody gives a shit about that game desu
it delayed to 2018, a date when GOTY games are coming like RDR2 , so it really has no chance

lis fandom also focused on BtS,farewell and waiting for any news from Season 2 on next year

>tfw reading Ouroboros (even accounting for the sometimes over the top lovey dovey stuff)

>tfw reading Chapter 31

Nice i just read that one
>tfw the writing hasn't exactly been technically great
>worried their first time will be poorly written
>reading ch31

Words cannot describe how much that story helped me in the time after Episode 5 with getting past the post-game depression. It has some flaws, but it is awesome. Glad that it's still updating and people are still reading it, you're a little over half way of the way caught up if you're around chapter 31. Things got pretty heavy recently but the message of Max and Chloe supporting each other is never lost. Did yuo see the shout out to /lisg/?

I don't know why anyone would acknowledge this shithole of memes desu

Huh. I must have missed it. What was it?

Screenshot it please

Because it's super comfy.

It's at the end of Chapter 34 in the author's notes.

>author's notes.

Cheers, mate, I usually skip reading those.