/rsg/ Runescape General

NEVER EVER Edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,51,65960206
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/patch-week--pvm--skilling
>October's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=dj14AGvYXI0&feature=youtu.be

>RuneFest Reveals
services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-reveals

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/78j3rb/tldw_354_runescape_content_showcase/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice.

>turn in daily challenge to mine addy ore
>get addy ore in return

they should just remove the need to turn things in

Fuck you for wanting more """comedy""" garbage quests.

Not every quest can be Plague's End.

Am I doing this right

what does that even give you when disassembling?

I can accept it if they'd give me runite.

Someone link leddits TL;DW on the stream.

Your favorite skill is now a music band.

Post results.

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/78j3rb/tldw_354_runescape_content_showcase/

>slayer
huh

>jack of all blades

Mass confusion whenever anyone tries to discuss it.

Seems like it was a pretty good stream

Did they ever give an eta on the combat pets?

i dont play rs3, what is the shitstorm seemingly happening in your game right now about?

>in your game
it's literally only reddit

A dev was accused of sexual assault and so reddit is up in a rage about the mtx incident.

Quick run down:

>mods tease content that like good
>takes a while to make
>community votes dictate that they want larger more polished updates even though that will take attention away from smaller updates
>content droughts
>meanwhile new MTX promo every week
>people complain that they are pumping out MTX promo instead of actual content
>mods apologize and vow to try and tilt the balance back to where it should be
>today they had a love stream showing off 6 or 7 decent sized projects they are working on for the coming months
>people still complain

i suppose rs3 microtransactions are also keeping osrs alive so i hope they keep doing those promotions :)

Correction:
>takes a while to make
>reveals that they haven't even started a year after constant teases
>has a content drought anyway

you're forgetting the part where the large expansion (Menaphos) was fairly mediocre

How come literally all oldschool babies fail to understand bonds are mtx

Sure. But it's an incredible expensive way to buy ingame gold and you can't buy experience or anything. That's why nobody cares about bonds and even welcomes them because rich players don't have to spend a single real-life dime on the game.

>incredible expensive
It's $5 for, what, 3 mill in OS? Spend $50 and you're set for that month. $50 every month and you're pretty much done with the game except non-buyable skills. $50 is not a lot, it's like a quarter of an average weekly check.

>this delusion
lmao

You can make a consistent 2-3m an hour depending on your skill and gear in old school. I get that some people have more money than time but that would be making 5 bucks an hour if you convert it to bonds. Absolutely ridiculous.

thats $600 a year which will barely get you 99 prayer. os players dont buy bonds for ingame gold for a reason

and...? It's still not incredible expense. It just means a lv3 new character can make 5-7 mill an hour if he was dumb enough to spend his/her 7 hour work day on bonds. You also need to spend a good chunk of time to get the skills needed to make that 2-3, an hour. Bonds still makes OSRS just as ezscape. Both cut down time.

>Should we show abilities in the ability book that you haven't unlocked? (Please note this will be a lot of work. This will reduce the number of ninja fixes we can do sooner).
What? Shouldn't it be easier to display them greyed out by default? For UI alignment at the very least.
They already have code to check whether or not an ability is usable and hide it otherwise. Adding similar code for locked abilities SHOULDN'T be difficult in the slightest. Definitely not 'a lot of work' for fuck's sake.

You're acting like spending a quarter of your salary on a video game is something normal people just do. Even shitty mobile games offer more for your money than old school bonds do.

You've got to remember, that'd probably require coding something and Jagex doesn't have but like two programmers.

Revolution++ when

But it's already functional. They just need to copy and slightly modify pre-existing code. Not even any googling to find that code or examples.
That's the easiest sort of coding there is. It HAS to be right fucking there.

You overestimate Jmods.

first week of november?

Here

These things too

>you can't buy experience

>smithing
>crafting
>herblore
>cooking
>fletching
>firemaking
>construction
>prayer

Sure you can't

>os players dont buy bonds for ingame gold for a reason
If that were true, there would be no osrs players paying for membership with bonds. They have to come from somewhere.

>Prismatic lamps
All my /v/+Veeky Forums threads are slow this morning.
Can I get some screenshots user?
I don't even mind what the're of.

He said $50 a month. Do you only make $200 a month?

Quarter was his choice of words, not mine.
You still have to train those skills, you don't get experience out the ass like using experience lamps does.

What are you even trying to say? The post I replied to stated you couldn't buy exp, but having hundred's of millions of coins at your disposal is the equivalent of that for the skills I listed.

with enough moulah any skill is buyable to be desu

He said the quarter of an average weekly check per month. That'd still be $200 a week, which is what a damn teenager makes anyway.

And yeah, my bad, I forgot about the 8 or 10 (!) whole hours it'll take to actually process your buyable skills into exp.

How does one buy Hunter or Ranged exp?

buy spins
get lamps
???
5.4b

We are talking about osrs in this scenario

ah well in that case i occasionally see people from my clanchat paying each other to level certain skills or do various quests etcetera

Chinchompas

inb4 "YOU STILL HAVE TO TRAIN IT", ya because normal people gain 800k ranged xp/h in osrs r-right?

whoops, this was meant for

does osrs not have a better range weapon than chins?
with its blowpipes and ballistas i kind of assumed they would get something op

chinning is by far the fastest xp/hr just like barraging

Blowpipe is much less xp then AoEing with chins, and i don't think the balista is AoE either.

yeah i know those weapons arent superior to chins but i dont keep up to date with osrs so no real knowing if they have other aoe junk or not
at least we got mecca chins for extra fast range xp

osrs has black chins which are essentially the same thing

why are you guys talking about osrs in /rsg/

slow news week
how much money do machines make seeing as bond price is so inflated rn?

>Mages will only melee you if you're in MD
Melee Distance or is it something else?
I don't really get the need to shorten it, is this more of that autistic pvm lingo?

I don't play oldschool, but I always see them talking about getting their bonds for membership on RS3. Well, when they're playing RS3. It's a common sight.
Had thought bonds were game specific unlike straight real money membership. But apparently not. Who knows?

panic sell rocktails

because /osg/ is shit

unless it changed since i was convinced to try out osrs membership status is accountwide regardless of client, i think there used to be something similar for funorb
why would i do that?

>i think there used to be something similar for funorb
Yeah, it had always been that way for regular membership. But I remembered hearing bonds worked per game ages ago. If bonds work for everything as well that's cool.

>Sailfish will be higher than Rocktail and probably heal more than them.

once I unlock the stainless steel region, how long will it take to finish the comp req?

that dumb fucking ports guide doesn't say

three months?
going off memory from asking similar questions

t. bad at ports

uh, WRONG.

the stainless steel region would already put me at 6/6/6 for the story missions, so all i would literally need to do is complete the trio and nothing else

>check'd
its rng city at this point friendo takes people ages to get the last bits done

Maryland

been looking into renewing my membership just to check out how rs3 is. been thinking about old times and want to give it a try without starting over on osrs... should I do it, or would rs3 be a waste of time and money for me?

you can pay for membership with gp now 16m/14days
if you really miss the grind then welcome back
if you just want to nostalgia be sure to check osrs before deciding

Don't these reddit fags understand MTX keeps the game running? And why has there be an update every single fucking day in their opinion? Why does it need to keep growing according to them? They keep bitching it was better in the past but they want to keep it changing?
Maybe it's because they are literal NEET's without life?

For example, my main account is over 12 years old with 340m xp, and I'm happy with the game and my account.

MTX keeps Chinese and Jews running. Jagex is still bleeding to death in terms of quality control and employee count.

Try both games on f2p and see which one you have the most fun playing.

Should I start an ironmeme since my main is already comped? Keep in mind, I don't have the autism to grind all over again.

one day i will make a HCIM just so i can give /rsg/ the red skull death broadcast it's always wanted

see

ironmemeing is pretty fun except for the solo dg grind

Solo larges coming never.

solo larges would require too much load on the server

you’re the hero we need

But apparently flappy dragons don't.

>Mat k says that jagex have NO plans to add mtx to osrs

Can we just increase the membership for osrs players then? Make it like $15 a month

when you pay membership for an account it works for both games
if osrs membership is increased, then either rs3 is too, or they just start buying rs3 membership and nothing changes

osrs should be separate membership and p2p only

imagine being this poor at such a high level

>separate membership
I play both and wouldn’t want to pay 2 memberships
>p2p only
could be good

Speaking of p2p only, do RSC players all have grandfathered membership rates?

not really, they opened it a few times since membership increased, last time was on the 15 year aninersary

>Osrs q&a says they will add a FREE damage counter
Can we just swap dev teams with them already. Watching this shit is annoying me.

at this point I wouldn’t doubt they do it just to show how Jagex has no control over rs3

No, you pay what the current rate is unless you for some reason bought years and years worth back when they were a lower rate. Why is this even a question?

That's what a grandfathered rate is. Also, I get the impression everyone on there has been at it for years and years.

>f2p can raise cats
>can't access Ardougne
>f2p can do shooting stars
>can't use POH telescopes
>f2p can do evil tree
>can't talk to or use spirit tree
>f2p can fletch
>can't get daily challenges or most sources of bowstrings
>f2p can do Missing, Presumed Death
>Jagex shits the bed for the rest of the Sliske quests
>f2p can do Broken Home
>can't get the only ring anyone cares about

That's like asking if you can buy gasoline for $1.00 a gallon because that's what you used to pay. Unless you stockpiled when it was that rate, you pay the new rate.

>fag copypastas this into every thread
>no one cares at all

but that's how it works
if you've been paying membership non-stop since when it was $5, you will still pay $5 today