gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XipajMW60Q&t=8991s
youtube.com/watch?v=gQvHtXWlXDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for yunyun
youtube.com/watch?v=_XipajMW60Q&t=8991s

Hey idea guys and girls.

Can yall help me think of some content for my space game.
Its inspired by Mario 64, except you fly a spaceship and need to do missions for stars.

I need idea's for cool items that you can customize your spaceships with, such as laser guns, energy shields, thrusters, time slowing alien tech, black hole bombs, chicken launchers, etc etc.

If you have any cool item ideas, please let me know.

planet interior exploration and giant forest exploration with starship and plane

Good enough for now I guess. Time to try and make this into a game.

>Its inspired by Mario 64,
Please elaborate on this because I can't see the connection between 3D platforming and flying a spaceship.

spooked ya

Why aren't you making a baseball game?

runescape is my favorite moba

Magnets!

because I am making a basketball game

I need help with 'customizable ship parts'.
What you're suggesting sounds like a completely new game.

Oh hell yeah. Boom box cannons.
What exactly are they gonna do besides play dope beats?

Good question. My game is inspired by Mario 64 in that its a fun and colorful experience (similar look and feel), and instead of 'Worlds with missions', you unlock Spaceships, each one having a unique set of missions and customizable features.

My goal is to create about 50 spaceships, each one having 3-6 missions.
You will need to complete missions in order to unlock the more advanced ships.

>Magnets!
Oh definitely.. need to think about how theyll work.

Been working on this.

>left to right
What the hell

>Youve been visited by the Philipp of good level design
>your players will dont wont to run the whole fucking way again and again and again unless you post thank you Philipp

you probably traveling between dimensions with half clicks n shit

american localization

>it's another roguelike

Little project, just added support for multiple maps and a monster that moves around randomly :)

Because, among other reasons, I have no idea how baseball works

women are evil

What do you think of unkillable creatures in a survival horror?

Lame. Everything should be killable.

Great. However, also horrible depending on implementation. If you can only delay being attacked, that's great. If this means you're building an entire game around fighting an unstoppable arsehole then you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Additionally, it won't be scary. It'll just be 'that asshole' which may spread to your other monsters. The best horror antagonist is the one you can't stop, who you never get a clear look at, and who never manages to quite catch you even though you're sure he can and nearly does several times in a row.

The Fear of the Unknown is a powerful tool in horror. Don't waste it.

As long as you can stun/temporarily disable them it's fine

I don't that's a good idea. I don't want to empower the player. For example the section I'm working on now has a flooded area which the player must swim through, however depending on how close to the inventory limit they are the most they will be slowed down. If the enemy is hunting you down then there's an opportunity cost because you may want to throw away whatever you can to speed up and escape, but if you can kill it then there is no choice

The ghosts from Silent Hill 4 are really obnoxious gameplay wise, but they were also probably the scariest thing about that game. That feeling of utter powerlessness is pretty horrifying, especially when all other enemies are killable.

Anyone need a game designer? I'll work for 20% of the profits.

I'm not even american and i know. how stupid do you have to be to not get baseball?

As long as you establish rules for the antagonist to follow, and that they follow them to the letter, and that the player knows those rules, then you have built an environment for a player to 'spook themselves' since they already know what's at stake and the game they're playing.

The Water Demon in Amnesia:TDD is a great example of a monster that the player never sees - but which the player still fears not just because they don't know what it is - but because they know how it works.

The stress there comes from being unsure how large the monster is as well as the player feeling the need to 'stay out of the water' but are being forced to tread through the water.

You're crazy. 20% is a huge cut, 20% of the *profits* is even larger. I'd rather take home 50% of my asking price than 30% thank you.

Thank you for not cleaning up the op!

>Amnesia
>Scary
Once I figured out how to kill the Kaernk it was nothing

you're just playing house

Good job! Reminds me of one of my first projects with graphics. Just solid-color squares and a roguelike-to-be. 5/5
Now add juice and graphics

pinch hitter already exists, the perfect baseball game

Nah, I'm going by the rules of the competition this game is for. Polish first, gameplay second; it's literally a competition over game juice.

>Note: There should be no issues with posting a lewd game on itch; just make sure your content does not break any laws or contain truly obscene material eg. pedophilia.
DROPPED

Drop yourself into an insane asylum

>he never played the backyard baseball disc in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Quick! Give me ideas for gangs that my protag can fight against!

seek treatment, degenerate.

antifa

Provide setting, receive gangs.

The 4chugs

Youre not gonna make it

Why is the base of the backetball goal by the sidelines?

>Hello, I am here to troll you. In order to do this, I am making myself as obvious as possible - that's what my 'Trolling for Dummies' book says to do.

I think its too "gamey".

A lot scarier is monsters that can be killed, but that you don't have the resources or skills to kill. Like in the original Resident Evil, bullets were scarce so you weren't sure whether to spend them on a zombie or not. This was scary because you were never sure whether fighting or fleeing was the smart thing to do.

When something can't be killed, you go "oh, the invincible showed up. I must be supposed to run into closet or run away from it down the hallway now".

Just make it hard

Big decadent city with some traditional Asian vibes to it. The idea is to make the place as strange/foreign as possible.

How?

Why are you trolling?

why do you cancerous freaks have to infest everything? can't you just stay in your pen?

How did you get to know it?

It could be okay if you still had to decide whether to fight them to slow them down or just run, but running away all the time shouldnt be the best strategy or else it becomes mindless

If you want it to seem as strange and foreign as possible to as many people as possible, maybe don't base it on the continent with the most people?

Ill give you 3%

do you not want to kill commies or something?

what the fuck is wrong with you? are you gonna defend Nazis next?

Most of the people playing it will be westerners anyway

Most of those arent real people

>You're crazy. 20% is a huge cut, 20% of the *profits* is even larger. I'd rather take home 50% of my asking price than 30% thank you.
You have revenue and profit mixed up.
Revenue is how much money you got.
Profit is what's left after you subtract expenses.
If your only expense is Steam's 30% cut, 20% of the profit means 14% of the gross.

The writer of Forrest Gump didn't get shit because his contract specified he'd be paid part of the profit, and due to a mix of excessive spending and Hollywood jew accounting, the movie didn't actually make a profit.

communism will win and you will be crushed like the cockroach that you are

Ignore the shit art but if you were playing a pokemon clone and you had these choices for starter would you be happy with one of them?

Mermaid will be a waifu btw

>Mermaid will be a waifu btw
everyone's going to pick the mermaid anyway.
might as well make them all waifus and make it an actual choice.

This bait would work better on /pol/.

This. Either that or make each one appeal to a fetish like make the robot a shota.

Though true, actual confrontations with the antagonist imo should be fast and brutal; that way the player doesn't have time to get used to the monster.

It's more like: 30% Steam, (up to 10% VAT) and then 35% IRS before the money even lands in my bank account.

this thread sucks, here's a Minelli song

youtube.com/watch?v=gQvHtXWlXDE

Make use of gameplay mechanics that determine the outcome of killing attempts based on fine motor skills reaction time and other similar qualitites of the player, measure their perfomance using gameplay tests of your deisgn and define a "passing mark" so that only a small percentage of players will score high enough in those tests to get the successful outcomes and maybe even those players won't be able to do so consistently.

>turn-based strategy games (grand-strategy and smaller scale)
>point-and-click adventure games
>RPGs that aren't action-based

Any other genres that aren't "casual games" in that they often have some challenge and require thought, but also can be played at a relaxed pace, getting up for a snack, playing while you sip coffee, etc.? Weirdly a game being like this allows me to get MORE immersed because I can make it a part of my day when I'm at home, going to do whatever, coming back and doing something, and be playing it literally all day.

coffeebreak roguelikes
dating sims
raising sims
cyoa games

>coffeebreak roguelikes
Wouldn't it be literally any roguelikes? You can play Nethack at your own pace too. Nothing happens unless you act.

What do you lads think about a hub based detective game where you move around the different departments (theft, narcotics, murder) and have to solve mysteries? The difference being that instead of having some sort of in game note pad which highlights key information, you have to figure everything out yourself.

I enjoyed LA Noire. I would enjoy it a second time if written well.

>raising sims
Is that like a farming sim?

Speaking of, are there any good farming games that aren't either literal true-to-life simulations or Harvest Moon clones?

>plain old monstergirl
>an actual animal
>a robot
>cute anthropomorphized seed
> a dragon

none of these have anything in common in terms of style

Farmsims are their own thing. Raising sims are 'raising a child', like Long Live the Queen and Princess Maker.

It takes a lot for me to like media focused on cops but if it's really good I'll be into it.

Immediate purchase if it's a sendup of 80s cop movies. You're literally just looking at some photographs and your boss is like DAMMIT SIMMS, YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON.

Has anyone ever atempted an indie mmo b4?

Didn't LA Noire have some sort of note pad like item which keeps information? In my game, a witness mentioning a location wouldn't instantly keep track of that for you, indicating that it's important. You'd actually have to research that location and look for a connection

You absolutely need to include a notepad for the player to record information on their own.
No one wants to write that shit out on a piece of paper just like no one wants to map EO dungeons on paper.

Raising sims you raise a child to be your bride like in Shinji Ikari Raising Project or Prince/Princess Maker

I would, but the only information that it would keep is information the player added themselves. My problem with most detective games is when they automatically add information and pretend like you discovered it

LA Noire would've been 10 times better without the GTA elements

Doesnt EO let you draw the maps or did nu-EO completely cut it? There should at least be an ingame notepad thats also compatible with drawing tablets.

What said. It's a Quality of Life feature.

If you don't want to pre-write notes for the player, give them an actual pad in the game to write into and make sure they always have the ability to write into it - even in the middle of a dialogue. A lot of puzzles games lately do this and it's fine there.

Probably - however that is likely where at least some of their funding came from because GTA was a 'safe bet'.

That's what I'm saying. It's fine to expect the player to keep track of things himself if you don't mind a smaller, more niche audience, but you have to provide the means to do so within the game itself.

Yes

As long as the detective work isnt just reading a shit load of logs and combing through them to find clues. I dropped Consortium over their shitty mystery mechanic

Another suggestion is to add people, places, and other POTENTIALLY important things to the notepad and let the player work from there, so it's up to the player to record if a location is important but the game automatically notes that it's been mentioned. A nice bonus would be letting the player arrange connections between key words like pic related.

Thinking about it, this actually seems like it would benefit hugely from being on 3DS, or on the Switch if it ever gets GamePad drivers

i'm working on this procedural walk cycle generator again, it needs a lot of work.

No, there'd be crime scenes and shit to look through as well as interviews too. I envision a FF2 like system where you can save key phrases and then repeat them back to other characters during interviews. If you wanted to you could go around the whole city and ask every citizen about whatever case your on

gangs usually exist in some kind of power vacuum, right? think of places in your city where law enforcement doesn't go, or illicit industries where the law cannot get involved

what do you guys do when you're taking a break? I feel like all I do is refresh /agdg/ when I'm too tired to work on my game

video games

yey you still alive,

kind of. i'm trying to be.