Touhou General /2hug/ #51

Fuck that fucking flower and her samba edition
Previous Thread
REAL Previous Thread
Actual Previous Thread >>>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.weebly.com/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/retro-era-pc-98.html

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed)

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

Touhou yes game, hurt one no!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/LmjDC
youtube.com/watch?v=09vW0lQEVaM&list=PL042CB18AFF6D5635&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=YiN9rqnxw20
youtube.com/watch?v=UTLqnME57vo
youtube.com/watch?v=PFqakHJ7-jI
youtube.com/watch?v=llO4PINy2e8
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gaWY5THh4
youtube.com/watch?v=J8p2HGRZfII
youtube.com/watch?v=ytSxZnZ_A_8
youtube.com/watch?v=LmN9btd7Ttg
mega.nz/#!NtoyxLaS!9_Vud-P6u41ky_KdUbeE3R5b6-9iTfB7S8Q_7SYGYyg
youtube.com/watch?v=ADkgeARntrk
bato.to/reader#a627e80f1048e563
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You got the number wrong. Really should have called it fuckup edition, as agreed on previous. Points for trying though

>#51 AGAIN
Looks like the last thread was so shit we need to redo it again. Either that or we're in a time loop

Wait a second and I'll fix it

3 more to go. But fuck this attack, not sure what i'm supposed to do here.

WHY DO I KEEP FUCKING UP EVERYTHING! SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A DECENT THREAD ALREADY

Is that the one where they bounce from top to bottom repeatedly? Just stick to the very bottom to near-bottom and just use micro-movements to live

just accept it for now anons. no need to make 2 different /2hug/s because we fucked up.

Touhou General /2hug/ #51 2: Electriku Boogaloo

I don't even know why we feel the need to number the threads in the first place. Not like we get something from reaching a milestone or anything.

But we do.
It's in our hearts.

So since I promised a greentext of my little tabletop test.

>Friend makes his character
>A human servant with a very germanic name, who uses martial arts and manipulates fire and ice
>and also drinks and eats like an oni
>currently in the village fetching water for the castle she lives in with her master
>water wells are drying up all over gensokyo
>people are starting to get worried thanks to rumors that there's youkai hiding in the wells and scaring people off
>Reimu and co are busy with a more major and immediate incident
>she proceeds to jump down the nearest well
>making a perception check she notices there's a few loose bricks in the well
>pulling the bricks loose reveals a spirit and something very dark behind it
>with a flick of the wrist she uses a small flame to light it up
>sees an ice wall
>tries kicking through the wall
>no dice, definitely magical
>notices something in the wall
>it's a spirit trying to force it's way through the ice
>after some effort it makes it's way through and begins loitering around her
>defeated she climbs back up the well
cont.

>looking around the village for a lead she bumps into Youmu and Yuyuko having a picnic/training session
>Yuyuko is bored out of her mind
>friend's character immediately runs in and asks them what they know
>both girls give her a strange room
>Yuyuko stands up and puts her shoulders on Youmu
>"Youmu dear, you're becoming of age soon, and you need someone to guide you."
>turns to friend's character
>"You! You must simply marry my dear gardener Youmu here! She needs someone like you to make her more assertive and protect her purity!"
>Youmu's face when
>friend declines stating her heart belongs to her master
>they wager it on a spellcard duel
>Friend also agrees to take Youmu under her wing regardless
>duel breaks out, friend wins thanks to Yuyuko not being serious

and that's where it ended, we'll probably do the next session tomorrow or later tonight. The system isn't half bad, though I've got the feeling that defensive spell cards (essentially bombs) are a necessity to handle spell cards in the beginning.

I always assumed it was board culture
cc charts!
>imgur.com/a/LmjDC
Thinking, if everyone starts posting these, wouldn't it be nice to have an imgur album being updated with everyone's progress?

>Veeky Forums has a 2hug
>/jp/ has some mobileshit general
what the fuck

Not bad at all, looking forward for Kogasa

Mobileshit is taking over in japan after all. see: Kancercolle and Fate Grand Order.

Kogasa's definitely gonna need to bring friends or I'm gonna have to make her hueg. Since Youmu is gonna be dragged along kicking and screaming if need be. It's kinda funny because my friend knows next to nothing about 2hu so I find it strange he ended up with someone so similar to succuya

Well to be fair, there's /fgog/ and /fgogalter/.

Can you only make girl characters in this? I hate it when someone makes a touhou RPG and then only gives you the option to play as a girl, like that Mount & Blade mod

>like that Mount & Blade mod

Give please.

I don't have a link for it but someone posted the link to it a while back, I'm not even sure if I still have the mod or just deleted it, you probably won't want it anyway since it's an outdated russian mod and the models look like garbage

For a reason someone decided to place it in there but I think those are more of a /jp/ thread thing and should stay there. Which is weird because when I first lurked everyone were posting them but after that I haven't seen that anymore until recently.
/jp/ has a gameplay thread but that's gameplay only
You REALLY don't want it

Nothing specifically says "you can only make girl characters" and some of the skills as named are yuribait trash, so you could pretty easily make a male character if you want. It'd just be a bit strange since this game seems intended for interacting with and playing in gensokyo while dealing with canon characters. Though it wouldn't be hard to run a game without ever seeing a canon girl.

Oh. Well, thanks for the warning, then.

>some of the skills as named are yuribait trash
give examples

Well skills here aren't like DnD skills, rather something you can include on your roll to better your odds, since a lot are just simply extra dice or bonus to your roll result.
>Unrequited Love
>Matchmaking
>Declaration of Love
>Love Fortunetelling
>We're Together! (this one could be played either way though)
>Everlasting Love
Most have an identical mechanical effect so you could more or less change the name, or have the love be for something more conceptual instead of for a specific person like a love for danmaku as the game puts it. But to me it comes off as yuribait.

Guess someone is gonna learn those two swords ain't just for show and see just who takes the other under their wing

Poor Youmu is gonna suck it up, since at this point it's gonna become an order from Yuyuko. So Kogasa is about to get fukken rekt by the tag team duo but it's actually good on my end since having a second character on his side means I can ramp the stakes more safely instead of having to play "stage 1 final boss"
every time I introduce anyone stronger than wriggle or cirno.

I guess Kogasa could use backup. or you could use Kogasa disguising as Nue disguised as Mamizou disguised as Kogasa, except don't actually do that

The chinks updated it recenrtly.

>6 dimensional disguises
I like it nah I'm sure I can just play Kogasa as more of a midboss instead of a straight boss and have someone a bit tougher as an actual boss.Like Yoshika

Maybe Aya wants to take pics of the two lovebirds, or is she too strong for what you have in mind?

Oh god why did I use my bomb

Actually disregard that Yoshika sounds fine as long as Seiga isn't up to something

Aya, especially one who isn't really looking to wreck people, would actually not be a bad choice, since being Aya and all she'd be well informed and it'd be super easy for me to have her pass them information on what she knows about the incident.

I'm happy to help. Even though I never played a tabletop in my life. I'm kinda surprised my ideas aren't half bad. Then again, you're the one who makes them work

How fast are those? I'm guessing it's a RIP anyway

We told you she was worse than the clown. she has a survival btw

I hate the time out spell card, this could have been a nice NB clear

Running tabletop isn't that hard, since it's more or less basically telling a story with your friends. The most difficult thing of being a GM is scheduling and managing players. In my case it's a lot easier than normal since I've already have a pre-set canon and lore that I have a decent amount of knowledge about and my friend knows next to nothing, but what I tell him, so I can get away with discrepancies so that pressure isn't really there.

The idea of a Touhou tabletop always interested me though. A main board, then an extra board as an optional session for the winners of the main board. IN would probably be the best as a base game because there's already a clusterfuck of chars and gimmicks. Not sure if it should be a generic "you're the good guys and you gotta beat these bosses I made" or have the incident solvers and responsibles be all player controlled.

Well, you are getting a bomb after this spell, make sure to not use it until the very last spellcard please.

The system is interesting, but it might not be best for PvP play, since spell cards are extremely powerful thanks to the way the dice work. You roll 2d6 (up to 8d6 if you spend both your skills on dice addition) in most cases, then add your danmaku stat and add bonuses from skills (maximum of +10) for a normal attack, but a spell card attack gives you a boost of dice and roll bonus ontop of your normal skills by spending a resource. Thankfully the game mitigates this by only letting you keep the highest two dice on your roll. So until you get to "I'm stronger than hecatia" levels of play, you're not gonna see massive rolls for a while.

I was also thinking of this Last Word system
If one member of the team dies they can use their Last Word as either an OP last ditch move (if I'm going down I'm taking you with me, which makes sense cuz danmaku is just a game and in-universe the character is just dramatically ragequitting) or a ridoncolous stat boost for their partner (to compensate being solo). It goes without saying Last Words are unique to each character, and aren't necesarily limited to doing what I said.
It's fine in theory but I get the feeling it woud fall flat on it's face.

How does that kill pvp?
bad dodging mechanics?

Dodge is generally massively outclassed by the attack. Yuyu had a spell card that only added 3 dice and +3 to her roll ontop of her +8 from her danmaku (I didn't give her skills to spare him getting rekt) so she was essentially rolling 5d6 keep the highest +11, so the rolls got consistently around 20, while my friend's normal dodge is gonna be 2d6+8+2 (Granted there are some skills that let you multiply the results by 2 afterwards, but you won't get very far with just that)

Well actually, there's a "2.0" version I found on the Touhou wiki that adds last words. Can only use them after declaring 2 spell cards in the combat, and you have to have be on your last life, but you can cast huge spells for practically free.

What's /2hug/'s favourite 2hu mod?

Definitely better than what I had in, guess it's only logical since I came up with mine in like half an hour and 0 seconds of tabletop playtime in my life

Just beat the 3rd Touhou, and it's become one of my top 3 games now that was extremely fun. And the music was top-tier as well, also Yumemi >>> Murasa. Funnily enough it felt like this Phantasmagoria gameplay worked far better in 3 than in PoFV for some reason. Maybe that sort of split-screen gameplay suits the classic style more.

How do those two even compare?

I didn't even know there already was a 2hu tabletop ruleset (not that I'm surprised)

>scientific magic
I swear ZUN's old dialogues were p weird

I've found two sets. One from japan with an interesting system and one made by western fans that's more traditional and very suited to one shots.

Magic is just science after all.

>Gameplay
Dim. Dream has less characters though that's understandable for its age, Flower View felt clunky I guess. Dim. Dream's combat was really fast paced and levels can end pretty quickly if you rape your opponent right off the bat. There's also no focus movement in Dim. Dream so that probably made it more thrilling (though the hitboxes were more generous because of this).

>Music
Dim. Dream's got way more catchy tunes than Flower View imo.

>Characters
Dim. Dream's character interactions were more funny and cute one of the endings has Reimu locked up in prison just for keks, but Flower View's endings were more traditional and resolute.

>magic can solve our energy crisis and environmental issues
lol nuclear energy does both of those, people just don't like it since it melts DNA

What an evil, evil spell card.

Congrats user! I want to play the PC-98 games real soon, PoFV is one of my favorite 2hu games so It'll be interesting to see how the 3rd game holds up.

Too bad that kind of energy was given to a retarded crow, so magic it is.

Granted, literally real magic would be far better than nuclear energy since it doesn't have the whole "nuclear waste" thing that's a massive pain in the ass to deal with.

You'll love it for sure. youtube.com/watch?v=09vW0lQEVaM&list=PL042CB18AFF6D5635&index=15

youtube.com/watch?v=YiN9rqnxw20
youtube.com/watch?v=UTLqnME57vo
youtube.com/watch?v=PFqakHJ7-jI
youtube.com/watch?v=llO4PINy2e8
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gaWY5THh4
youtube.com/watch?v=J8p2HGRZfII
I sure hope these songs show back up again
youtube.com/watch?v=ytSxZnZ_A_8
youtube.com/watch?v=LmN9btd7Ttg
I really fucking hope these two play in the last game in the series

How do we know real magic wouldn't have some negative side effect? Good shit doesn't come free there's always a price

I mean, it's literal magic so it can go either way really. Super edgy grimdark "magic" that rips holes into hell or boon of all existence brings humanity into a never ending golden age magic.

Well if it were real magic than there probably would be some horrible side effect, hell, Nuclear Energy might just be magic, we just only look into the destructive side of it

Okuu does fusion instead of fission with the power of a god she ate. I guess that counts as magic.

Well. Touhou's "magic vs science" debate is a strange one. Since youkai generally manipulate things that are scientific and natural phenomena, as they are based on stories that attempt to explain the unexplainable. Of course this is a bit strange because such things also happen in the outside world despite such youkai largely being entirely absent, so the magical and scientific explanations are both true in Touhou.

You'll never believe just tapping left and right could be so fucking difficult.
You're obstinate, I give you that, but there's still a long way ahead, because Junko pulls a Miko on you and has 7 fucking spells. Except she's actually hard,

Hidden Mokou in four Mokou
Every completed troll translation

Look up thaumaturgy

I didn't know this was a thing.

do you have the link for the Mokou mod?

Sanae is the ultimate sciencer...
Goddamnit do we suck as a species

mega.nz/#!NtoyxLaS!9_Vud-P6u41ky_KdUbeE3R5b6-9iTfB7S8Q_7SYGYyg
Here you are
There's also an MS Paint mod for PCB, and looking for this link I found "Hidden Spaghetti in Four Seasonings"
There was also that anti-piracy mod of the demo

This needs to be in the mods pastebin.
Does it fix the 2k fps problem?

Hell if I know, I don't really care. Though there's something oddly captivating in watching PCB except every sprite is made in MS Paint. It's about as captivating as watching a train crash or sharing a room with a serial killer.

>I don't really care.
easy for you to say.
try being a noob and having to squint while not dying.

PCB runs fullscreen just fine on every PC I tried it. I also don't want to talk about it because it took me like 6 months of on and off playing to 1cc it then I discovered Reimu B

It was my fourth 1cc. I started using SakuyA, then chnged to SakuyaB, then to MarisaA, and when I could consistently get to Yuyuko with her I decided to use ReimuB for once. And that's how I 1cc'd PCB the same day I beat Mokou though both battles were an embarrassing bombfest, the only highlights is that I captured their finals, blind in Mokou's case

Which is exactly what had happened when I 1cc'd MoF, I decided to use ReimuB and even though I died or bombed to everything Kanako had, I succesfuly captured Mountain of Faith (I later did the exact same against Yuyuko). I guess it's not that impressive because I play Normal, but it's better than nothing.

Just between us, I cringe when I remember my first EoSD 1cc, my first death in that run was body slamming one of Patche's lasers

youtube.com/watch?v=ADkgeARntrk

Seija is real guys

Oh, and there's a mod to make DDC and UFO harder (and I don't mean an Ultra Patch)

>Reimu so bored with youkai hunting she back fight backwards
wack

>wouldn't it be nice to have an imgur album being updated with everyone's progress?
Nah, that's a horrible idea. Everyone is going to look at my 1cc chart and bully me. Besides, we have no one that dedicated enough to make, manage and updating a google spreadsheet of our progress.

Hey I remember that.

>google spreadsheet
No one said that

No shit, people use google spreadsheet to update their progress rather than imgur.

>first 1cc
I remember my first 1cc. Lost all my lives at Miko's second spellcard yet still managed to clutch it in the end. Never been prouder about anything other than that.

bato.to/reader#a627e80f1048e563
New fairy chapter

Putting a reminder to this in the new thread. I had hoped I could show off the Aunn model, but I have some issues with the blender scripts so that will require some fiddling around.

Also please say nice things about the Remimimi.

The only thing she did right was giving the hobgoblins a place to stay.

I'm the one who suggest that. It gives /2hug/ something to look foward when the general reach a certain decent number(50, 100, 1000, ect). Everyone was on board with it. Not like we're getting something from not numbering our general.

Nevermind I got it working.

Can you give her boobs? She looks more like a man than a girl.

Well it's the normal PES player model with the head replaced. Someone made a boob model you can load in, but I haven't worked with that yet and they are also on the bigger side.
It's almost impossible to make something look like a little girl as there is only one skeleton for the animations.

Can you give her thicc eyebrows, please?

Sure, I put it on the list. Gonna nap some more now.