Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Winter 2017
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSib3DrdAdA
Imgur with released information
imgur.com/a/GZLe8

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

>Perfect Sill

Good timing.

Lol, that was a close call. Thread close when OP was posted

Thanks user

JUST

I knew it looked like a gacha game

Lootboxes confirmed in Rance X

I wonder if there's exploration like Rance VI or if there will at least be battle animations or if it will be a card game with cutscenes (H and not) scattered about.

We already know most of the mechanics. There's a global war map, you select where to go on that map, then you progress through a minimap and get events/battles based on the directions you choose to go through.

>bait edition

Are you retarded?

Wonder if you can go through maps again to grab what you missed.

Possibly, because it sounds a bit like S!T!B! with SR combat to me.

>X with S!T!B! gameplay
>"Okay, just gotta roll a 6 and I can fight Kayblis before he rapes Hornet"
>Roll a 7
>Shoot past Kayblis' castle and have to restart the level from the start
>He rapes Hornet anyway

Nothing about it is like a card game. The combat is a proper RPG.

Have we seen any combat sprites? I haven't slept well recently, so I honestly can't remember.

No, but Quest didn't have them either.

There are no combat sprites.
AS is downgrading things this time and doing one huge army vs another huge army with a CG to represent the enemies.

A simple Yes would have been enough.

>Sillfags so desperate that they force an edition even when there is actually relevant stuff to discuss.

Don't CGs take the whole screen? I'm not sure how they'll show armies fighting if one one can appear on the screen at a time.

How old is Kou in X?

14 or close to 15.

Thats the age Rance starts giving his seed to girls

About 15.

Too young to look like her superior older art.

The "maps" are less like maps, and more like a story flowchart. It represent not only movement in space, but also the pass of time, your choices, events, etc. So the choices are story related choices and the paths is a way to represent what will happen depending on your choice. In that sense, it's very unlikely you can redo a map.

This is a combat visual. Your characters are on the first person vision with enemies represented as an artwork in the background. The same time as 01 and 03, or even more, pretty much a 2D version of Quest.

That is not downgrading. Making big artworks for every enemy is much more work than doing small sprites with a bit of animation.

>More work
You have NO fucking idea how hard it o make sprites and animate them.

she turns 14 at that year. Considering it starts at September, probably already is 14. TADA already mentioned she will be ripe for eating.

Both are Hard, there I fixed it.

Shower me in praise

COnsidering the game seems to run a span of several years, she could easily be of age within the span of he game.

I can only hope the scene is properly built up

14 is already old enough for Rance, so no need to wait more than that.

This approach was clearly taken to save on costs and time. Hopefully X is a huge game with a lot of content to compensate.

I just want a scene where Rance reaches level 1000 or something ridiculous and becomes a god tier figure.

Will the Kyan Kyan at least say Asode Asode?

Indeed, this compromise is totally fine, the art looks as great as ever

I´m looking froward on how they´re gonna close all these Character

The approach of 2D instead of 3D was taken to save costs. Sprites weren't used because Alicesoft don't use them anymore for their battles RPGs, for a long time. Maybe it was a game like SR/KR, or maybe even a tactical RPG like IX or Blade Briders.

>god tier figure

You havent played Rance 03 have you?

yeah but it didn't last

She doesn't exactly look grown up by that portrait.

Definitely older. But her design is more fo that petite Japanese type. In any case, this Mill was good enough.

Do I call her Isoroku or 56?

Isoroku, obviously.

I dont get it.

Isoroku means 56. The real life Yamamoto Isoroku was named after his father's age when he was born.

She doesn't look any older than she did in SR to be honest.

Alright, thanks user

Used goods years old.

"hey, come on! it'll be fun!"
"Eeeeh!? Wait what does that sign say!?"
"Come ooooooonnnnnn don't be such a killjoy, lets GO"

(You)

I wanted to do hanny fists for this image but, well...

I think I just have a deranged sense of humor. Still proud of what I did though, I´m laughing my ass off

I hope they unveil more characters today.

How many playable characters do you figure there would be?

I can't imagine combat sprites adding anything significant to the budget of a game as large as X.

Am I the only person that thinks their attempt to make Kay-chan look scarier doesn't work because he still looks like a big fluffy try hard?

So far 211 characters are confirmed to appear. We have to wait (or guess ourselves) untill February to see most of the cast.

You can see which are the confirmed playable characters so far in the wiki (too lazy to count those)

He looks cute like intended.

You can only make a squirrel so scary.

And to be fair. He IS a big fluffy tryhard.

Who said they attempted to make Kay-chan look scarier?

I showed a girl Kay-chan and asked her to say something nice about him.

"He's ugly. I have nothing nice to say about him."

I'm pretty sure that's the point.

I need to see him spaghetti drop.

14 is prime

Will we ever get the baseball Sillky tease?

Probably will remains as just trivia like Minerva's painting hobby.

The image of her trying to organize a baseball game with the other Dark Lords is amusing though. Implies that she tried to make friends with them too. I wonder who she managed to talk into it and how.

>Kay-chan
>not cute

I want a volleyball CG

Here is a preview version of the characters chart. Anyone interested, please tell me if you spot anything needing correction or has any suggestion before I post the finalized png version tomorrow.

Oh I forgot but I will still do the suggestion from last thread to have only the short names over the scroll and the full name bellow.

I think Masuzoe might be Kite? Kite would make more sense to me

Kite is gone lad

On the left of that image you have what seems to be Masuzoe thing he has in the arm.

I´m speechless user, you did a great job.

We´ll check up to see if evertything´s in order

Thanks for making this happen

Sure thing, thanks for the confirmation

Why Kentou instead of Kanami?

Isnt he a blood soul? That's what the wiki says.

Sealed by the church.

Because I started sing full names, but then decided quickly to go with just one because of space, and when I adjusted her name, I deleted Kanami instead of Kentou. Thanks for spotting that.

Rance XI?

Hopefully never.

The character who is put down as Erina or Afra is clearly neither.
Pepe also seems extremely randon though at least there is a physical resemblance.

Its also clearly not Rola and the last Leazas girl is none of the suggested options.

It was fun anyway

that faggot aru hasn't replied to my email either, i should never have suggest he did nothing wrong

Interesting that monsters seem to like collecting human slaves and that some even run human farms.
Could there be a large slave human population in the monster realm?

Could Rance have been born in a human farm?

We told you about Arunaru, user. It's pointless.

These aren't bad.

I would put a high degree of confidence on Pepe, actually. She even seem to be holding a camera in her hand.

The wavy hair shape there reminds me of Rola, and while I think some of these guesses you dismissed could end up right, the orange ones can go from mid to almost random, in particulars for girls there isn't any possibility that seems quite more likely than others..

For Context, those in Orange are guesses without enough evidence to make a certain guess. So please suggest before saying they´re wrong.

A real shame, maybe he does deserves that epic quest after all

Man, Masuzoe looks fucking wierd.

Rola's hair is much shorter and you know, not even wavy.

I feel stupid for not realizing that was the hanny king.

Pick 10 to appear.

For me its Afra, Millie, Emi, Karma, Akihime, Nami, Elizabeth, Kurohime, Yukihime and Io.

I wish we had more of our own stuff, it's fun localizing memes but the best ones will come from our own board culture.

There was a lot of opportunity with this one for example. Imagine fifty elite hannies demanding a shizuka cg in the mangagamer post announcing Sengoku. They get an average of like one reply to their twitter posts.

But that didn't occur to me at the time so it can't be helped.

1. Hibachi
2. Rona
3. Io
4. Ryoma
5. Merim
6. Gele
7. Yukihime
8. Souix
9. Emi
10. Revenge chan

I dont know japanese, but sure I can try:

Ranceko
Elizabeth
Ara Rei
Soulbinder
Okita Nozomi
The weak trio (yes they count as one)
Lil Avenger
Emi
Karma Antrager
Ashikaga Girl

You've got a filename typo there.

Good thing the website updates soon as well. We might start giving this chart some use right away

Hepburn shills out.