$750 challenge

Is it possible for a noob to take $750 max and make $200 a week off it day trading on Suretrader?

I have heard stories of pros taking that amount and making $100 - 200 a day off it so surely a rookie could do that over a week?

Noob? No.

With some experience its definetly doable to make $20 a day. Starting out, dont expect consistent gains each day.

What defines experience?

Being fucked by a market.

oh swell. so you got to lose to win?

>Is it possible for a noob to take $750 max and make $200 a week off it day trading

Possible? Sure.
Realistic? No.

$10.400 annual gains off of $750 works out to ~1387% return after taxes. That would be a legendary year even for the best investors alive.

Ok so let me get this straight
You want to start trading with you life savings.
You did not learn it at a good college(is there is such) or were not mentored.
You did not paper trade for at the very least 6 months.

And you expect being positive everyday and have an average margin high enough to make a living.

not OP and more interested in the good foundations of investing.

interactive brokers is .005 a share... 1 dollar minimum. sorry to burst your bubble, marketer. interactive brokers is better.

Not worth it, buy some nice suit and lessons on how to not stutter and talk good, this way you would truly invest into something. Going with these pocket money into stock marke is a waste of money, time and whatever else. More so for a noob, you have extremely unrealistic expectations, you are aiming for a numbers even pros can't pull. Sure, from time to time you can pull some lucky "jackpot" on a trade but u are aiming at what, 100% a month? With 750? Nigger please.

Also you are sort of pulling these numbers out of your ass. In order to hit those numbers with mere 750 youd have to either make shittons of trades in a short period of time which is the fastest way to lose money. Or, you'd have to use all your money for a leveraged margin trade and be extremely lucky on going with the trend first and riding a big movement. Both things are stacking and def not in your favor. And even if you manage to hit the first, second and third trade and let's say somehow by miracle end up with 1500$ you will blow it back faster than a junkie blows crack.

Those are the rookie mistakes even i did.
TLDR not worth it, find a job instead and use money somehow else.

>t. Someone who trades with about 20 000$ and fluctuates between 5-25% a month keeping it safe. It's about longevity, not short burst of 138% and then blowing it all back. This way, with a stable income I also gain access to other financial instruments which I can use in order to further make more money. (I live in a Central Europre and even 1000$ is considered a lot of money)

Also what this guy says. I use IB myself Along with two domesric brokers.

he's talking about trading not investing - plenty of people trading intraday professionally will have returns like that

though the first part of the reply was right (and not just for noobs but any non-professionals trying to trade short term) - it is possible to make those returns but highly unlikely for a non-pro

>$10.400 annual gains off of $750 works out to ~1387% return after taxes.
>plenty of people trading intraday professionally will have returns like that

I'll be generous and assume only $100 initial investment, yielding "only" 1,000% annual returns. Compounding that for just 10 years puts you at 2.5 trillion dollars.

No, plenty of professional traders will absolutely not have stable returns like that. It would literally break the economy.

If you keep the principal low, leverage the fuck out of it and get very lucky you could absolutely get 1,000% for a year. But the next you'd probably make -90% setting you way back, evening out the yield to a more sane level.

You could probably do that with a diversified basked of emerging cryptos, wrapped around a 30% core position of bitcoin.

You'll have to watch the small fries like a hawk to maximize the pump&dumpers but in theory it's totally doable.

Sure he could, if he gets lucky.

Can you guys please factor in already no one can keep on compounding after a while? Of course you can double 700$, even 2k. But after a while no, you cannot double it up or whatever

Yeah.
Even the best traders in the world don't close every day or even every week in the green. The best trading systems in the world don't have a 100% success rate, which is why funds like Renaissance rely on the law of large numbers to come out ahead.

>all trading strategies have infinite capacity meme
It's a lot easier to double $10,000 than $1,000,000.

Likely not.

I've been leverage trading BTC futures on OKcoin with a 4 BTC account and i've been able to consistently generate around 250-500 bucks per week in gains.

Now technically i never have all my account tied up in any given trade so you could theoretically do it with less, but then at that point you're risking a large portion of your entire account on any given trade.

sure, same way it's possible to win the lottery

retard.

>If you keep the principal low, leverage the fuck out of it and get very lucky you could absolutely get 1,000% for a year. But the next you'd probably make -90% setting you way back, evening out the yield to a more sane level.

you don't know anything about intraday trading desu.. why are you assuming a $100 initial investment too you fucking mong?

as for talking about compounding - again you clearly know nothing - do you not think capacity might be an issue? Why do you think HFT/market making is a prop strategy and not a hedge fund strategy?

Because the returns are high and capacity is limited - outside capital isn't desirable or necessary.

He thinks that getting high returns one year means you will get high losses the next.
He's clearly utterly clueless about anything that isn't buy-and-hold index fund investing.

It's possible, embarking on a journey similar to you myself. If you live in the states, I highly recommend Robinhood. Commissions will blow through small accounts.