/hg/ - Halo General

#365 - Two Years Later edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>"Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare" is now available
- Can be purchased for $19.99 individually or included with the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition
- Includes a new campaign where players take control of the Banished and return to High Charity to combat a flood outbreak on the Ark
- Also includes the new flood-themed survival mode Terminus Firefight, as well as new blitz cards and 37 new achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/odds-ends

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Were you down a player?

Yes, someone quit.

For someone that hate halo5 you do play alot of it

playing with friends makes even a bad game fun

So this is the Brutes' hidden power...!

>two years already
What the fuck happened?

I think you know the answer. I'll start us off. Ahem...
TREE

what is this

WHAT IS THIS

AND WHERE CAN I GET MORE

*Blocks your path*

W H E R E

halo fashion pls
show off ur sets

Say no more

I never thought I'd want to fuck a sanghelli.

Good night /hg/

Good night user

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

A+

How many of you dips have beaten any of the halos under all the missions' par times? I did it for 3 recently on master flop collection and was surprised to see only around 1% of players did it, maybe less though it's probably a lot higher in the original game

I've done it.
It's a nice extra way to go through the games. I will say that some of the par times are much harder to hit than ijthers.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Why does nobody use spoiler tags in this fucking website. Just got spoiled on Wolfenstein 2's ending

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The general rule of thumb is to avoid a board/general where discussion on a game/movie/show/book you are looking forward to will be talked about roughly 2-4 weeks out from launch. /hg/ is pretty good about it, but not perfect. /v/ however is a guaranteed spoiler factory. You should have known better.

>tfw you recognize most of the names on blue team

Glad to hear you cucked them back to warzone. Buncha faggots.

>/hg/ has the individual talent to be able to compete and even blow out opponent's but lacks the organization and teamwork to unlock a simple helmet
SAD

Achilles is whatever, but inactives need to be removed.

Agreed

inb4
>"b-but who will they be replaced with?!?!"
As if that's even what we are talking about

who are you replacing??

>who are you
>you
I'm nowhere near prominent enough to ever have a chance of getting my hands on the company, but we'd be replacing people who don't play.

>reddit stealing memes

Fucking Floodniggas

To be fair, you have to have a relatively high intelligence to be able to understand /hg/ memes, so if that guy gets it, I don't care if he spreads it to Reddit. On the inside he is more like us than them.

>Ryan McCaffrey, aka Halo 4 9.8 guy, just gave Odyssey a 10
Wew

>IGNorant
Not even once

Do you wear Mk 4 or 5?

The low-lighting used here actually looks pretty cool

Guys can I bring my GF to customs night? She's really cool I promise, we just can only play halo 1 and please do not use the R word because she has a cousin who has autism

>we just can only play halo 1
Sounds good to me

yeah but, no credit

I'm holding off on any more CE multiplayer until the /hg/ custom edition server is up and running. What's the ETA on that anyway?

Late 2017/early 2018

Because otherwise, what's the point? Prevent people who stopped playing this game a year and a half ago from getting the helmet? Spite's a shitty reason to sit down and waste an evening deciding what length of time constitutes inactivity and then dealing with the tedium of waypoint's interface.

Mark V Delta helmet/Intruder Trespasser armor

Who here plays Sins of the Prophets?
I was just spectating a bot vs bot match last night because I sometimes like watching battles without having to worry about playing, and this happened. Half of one of one team's covenant fleet jumps to a planet where a UNSC team has gathered a fuckton of ships.

I have never seen this amount of explosive "fuck you" being sent downrange at the same time.
The things with smoke trails are archer missiles, the yellow beams are trails from MAC rounds.

Anyone else need this achievement?

>what's the point
Give people an incentive to play

The idea being to get people on or get them gone? Fine, but who's still hanging around the general who no longer plays any Halo games?

But Halo 4 IS a 9.8 on its own. Being compared to other Halos it's what drags it down.

>R word
You mean "retard"?

no

Why would the word retard trigger her because she has an autistic cousin? That just means she thinks autistic people are actually retarded. What a fucking bitch.

Pretty sure that's just "beat the level."

>Being compared to any other videogame is what drags it down.
ftfy. If you played it as your first videogame ever and never played anything else after, then it might be a 9.8.

It's actually a really commoin thing though for people with retarded family members.

It doesn't matter because Kai will take the company to the grave with him regardless

Despite all the memes though, being autistic isn't the same as being retarded. There are plenty of successful autists. How many retards who like licking their shoulder are successful? Autists can actually function in society to some degree. Retards need to be babysat 24/7

>inb4 an example of some famous person who isn't actually retarded but gets called it e.g Kanye

Just got it. It had to be on Heroic instead of normal. Might start CEA now

thats pretty mean user, i feel bad for him desu

How goes the hunt, /hg/?

Currently half way through Halo 4 LASO.
Also I recently got a cheap Windows phone at a garage sale so I'm going to use that yo take care of the WP8-exclusive Spartan Assault and strike cheevos.

>Also I recently got a cheap Windows phone at a garage sale so I'm going to use that yo take care of the WP8-exclusive Spartan Assault and strike cheevos.
Would you be open to mailing that to a fellow dedicated anokn when you're done?

Sure. But I'm going to finish LASO first. So it might be in a few weeks.

I'm not bothering with Halo 2 Vista or any of the mobile shit. I've completed Halo 3, ODST, Reach, H5: Forge, and 4 now. After CEA, I'll work on getting Wars/DE and then maybe 2.

I've actually been grinding out X360 Halo Wars for a little over a month now to get general rank for running the show. I'm about 80% done.

>when you complete a game

Anyone got any more of those /hg/ comics so I can repost them for epic reddit karma?

Sure friend

2v2 tournament map selection process will be underway today at 3PM eastern.
Maps will be looked at and possibly edited. If you have a map you want to put forward or just want to be a part of the process, join my party and fireteam when the time comes.

How do I stop rushing so much? I know it sounds simple, but I'm the type of player to rush-in and get the kills, yet I always end up with the most deaths in the game, yet still the most kills. How can I improve on this?

inb4 don't die

Play conservatively. It's better to get less kills and less deaths than more kills and more deaths. The K/D reigns supreme. Every time you win a firefight, duck back and wait for your shield to recharge. If someone gets the drop on you, throw a grenade, backpeddal, and get away.
It sounds like you're being too aggressive.
Original post deleted because my trip is irrelevant.

You need to slow the fuck down. All those kills are useless if youre dying just as much.
If you're not in chat with your team, they stick with at least one of them.

Please make these the default starts in the 2v2 tournament

Pls no

I bet you CE maps would work in 4/5 gameplay perfectly due to size and space. Only thing is clamber would be useless mostly (but who cares) and no fall damage would make Hang em high not as fun.

CE has big maps. And that's for a game on average player 2v2. With only 2 vehicle maps. Yet maps even like wizard and rate race have air to breathe in. I can't think of a CE mp map that's cluttered or tiny. Maybe longest but that's one map. (And chiron is still a meme map people played to trick thier friends or piss people off)

I'd love to know if someone could make a scale version of some CE maps. Perhaps use something as a reference size. And see if I'm right or wrong. But I argue that CE would work with Sprint /CE gameplay would work in 4/5 maps. Way better than CE with 2/3/Reach

I think I worded that wrong but I mean

>You could take 4/5 Maps. With HaloCE FOV and basespeed (no sprint. Etc) and work fine

Or

>You could take 4/5 gameplay. Sprint etc on CE maps and again would work fine

At least a lot more than other Halo to Halo comparisons

Possibly.
Would like to see a prisoner release