/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1015 - There will be no more suffering, no more remorse, no more pain edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=h8mYasqlIOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=urAl4jA3i0Q&feature=youtu.be
mega.nz/#!WV8ThDbL!DsLYUlzdBiNX3CaJyJU-oeU8UNxdYPttzQ9LUJA7G7g
ebay.com/itm/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-NYCC-IDW-Exclusive-Print-Rare-New-York-Comic-Con-SEGA-flyer/232535977910?hash=item3624396fb6:g:HZ0AAOSwDEtZ762N
youtube.com/watch?v=8I4ZFpC6bbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K_aal1U7bGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q1noOrwMsc8
youtube.com/watch?v=iFbki9Y-r_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there gonna be any news/gameplay footage/music dropping today? Or at least a livestream?

Check the OP.
There's new green hill gameplay with modern sonic

Dumb Sally

That OP makes me feel really uneasy... almost squirmish

new comic part

Sally was brainless LONG before the reboot happened.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

I don't like it.

Great Planet of the Apes reference!

bad game

good game

Quick let's make fun of Mario while we still have the chance.

Figures CCN would be stupid salty about the reboot. Another case of people caring more about the fetishy design than the improvements to her character.

Too late.

Mario is a sweet guy and a good friend of Sonic’s!

I mean, she's far worse in the reboot

Yeah. She was just so pointless. Would have been better off keeping her as a robot

This. Mario & Sonic are both cool! But Sonic is far cooler

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=h8mYasqlIOQ

She did just as much as she did before becoming a robot.

Agreed.
And I like what the reboot did with a lot of characters, but with Sally it's like she was just... there. Yeah, none of the dumb romance shit, but that had been done for a long time anyway. Now she just had literally no purpose. Waste of space and bad writing.

I used to watch CCN on deviant art when this happened, and in this case the other user is right. Chad didn’t even read the comics, he was just mad they changed her design.

youtube.com/watch?v=urAl4jA3i0Q&feature=youtu.be
Launch trailer

>no Kazuma Kiryu costume
>no Hatsune Miku costume
>no Yu Narukami costume
>no Selvaria Bles costume
>no Love Live costume pack

They're not even trying. Atlus should tell them about 6,99 bucklidoos costume packs.

Yup. Pretty much.
But the comic is dead now though so I couldn't give a shit anymore

FORCES LEAKS SOON

God, I can't for this game's story.

I don't suppose you have a collection of his art saved, do you? I always seem to be missing pieces.

Damn, Knuckles really is back in character (assuming that's Travis Willingham)

I can't wait for this game's story*

>NO HONEY COSTUME

I want to get Sonic games for Halloween

I heard the Halloween sale on Steam only discounts horror games. Is this true? I don't remember it being like that at all last year, but it's been a while.

Meant for I liked Sally much more in the golden age than in the reboot

Knux stumbles out from the shadows, limping and using a cane.

>every night, I can feel my leg
>and my arm
>even my fingers
>the body i've lost
>the comrades i've lost
>won't stop hurting

>YOU FEEL IT TOO, DON'T YOU?

I'm gonna make them give back our past.

Better in the golden age? Yes, almost everything was.
Better in the pre-Ian preboot? Hell no

birds in the sky

I need to hear Travis Willingham narrate that.

lewd sally bunnie is not here

also have some background in c++ and am a software dev

how does one get involved with this sonic fan game thing. i have been wanting to learn how to make games

What's the Golden Age and the rest of the terms mean?

That wolf would deal with both Eggman and Infinite in no time flat

"Nani?"

do you want to make 2d or 3d fangames?

ALL THIS TIME YOU'RE BACK FOR MORE

You wanna get into the devkit or make your own fan game?

"Golden Age" is basically what anons on here refer to the Ian Flynn era of the comics from 160 up to the reboot. Some feel like the comic post-reboot never hit the same high marks of Ian pre-reboot. Pre-Ian preboot is referring to the comic in the first 159 issues, before Ian became head writer.

is he a bro like Pollock?
will he do it for a tweet?

I haven't seen him do it yet, but who knows

Oh okay, thank you user.

I'm upto 248 of the ride.
It's been awesome so far. A real rollercoaster of emotions 'n shit.
I'm sad knowing that each issue gets me closer to the end though.
Fuck Penders.

whatever the one was being talked about in the last thread

>Preboot
Sonic issues before #252.
>Reboot
All archie sonic issues from #252 onwards, where the whole continuity was soft reset following the Mega Man crossover
>Golden Age
People have different interpretations of what that was, but it's generally agreed it was post-160 (ignoring certain arcs like House of Cards and Mobius X Years Later) when Flynn took over as lead writer
>Dark Age
Around issue 50 to 160, when Penders and Bollers reigned so we got terrible romantic drama, unnecessarily complex storylines, and very bad art

it's in the OP

/sthg/ Level Development Kit 4.0
mega.nz/#!WV8ThDbL!DsLYUlzdBiNX3CaJyJU-oeU8UNxdYPttzQ9LUJA7G7g

It never gets bad again. So at least theres that

I WON'T STOP UNTIL THEY KNOW MY NAME

Thank you as well, user.

KNOW MY NAME

Damn it, now I want to hear Pollock do the Lust for Revenge scene.

Oh, the devkit. You just need Unity. The link is in the OP.

On the brightside, while not as much of a roller-coaster as the preboot, post-reboot was fun too. Had some nice OCs & game characters like Amy & Knuckles got some real neat moments.

>ignoring certain arcs like house of cards
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Shits pretty kino imo. It almost seemed like a parody of the pre-Ian drama arcs from years before. I genuinely enjoy it more than both mega man crossovers, Iron Dominion, Coountdown to Chaos, and Endangered Species.

Ask eggmananon to do it.

I'm 20 issues into the "reboot" (it's a lot softer of a reboot than I was led to believe here) and I can completely understand why people are divided on which era they like better. There's pretty clear pros and cons to bitgh sides. Very intresting.

does unity work on ze mac

ebay.com/itm/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-NYCC-IDW-Exclusive-Print-Rare-New-York-Comic-Con-SEGA-flyer/232535977910?hash=item3624396fb6:g:HZ0AAOSwDEtZ762N

Still upset that I missed out on the $10 price.

Another update video for the Sonic 3d blast DC project, by the director of Traveler's Tales, thiss time he made it available for people to use the level editor and insert the prototype crab enemy in the ruins level, as for other QoL improvements on the game and bugfixes.

youtube.com/watch?v=8I4ZFpC6bbQ

Previous updates:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_aal1U7bGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q1noOrwMsc8
youtube.com/watch?v=iFbki9Y-r_4

Yes, I think so

kissu

thats an expensive bit of paper

CRISPY SILVER

cool

i will have a dabble, though having done no game programming before i may be useless.

what is it you are exactly aiming for right now? do you have source control or anything with features you want to add or bugs you want to fix?

This deserves to be in the OP

There was higher one for $130 and it was actually bought I believe, then it went down 30% to $90 since they had two.

*inb4 100 posts*

cute.

The best part of the devkit, is that you really don't need game dev experience to use it. You can basically do whatever you want with the kit (change the terrain, make hills & slopes, mess with Sonic's controls, camera etc.)

post yfw this never will happens

Why did I make the mistake of going in a /v/ Forces thread?

Yeah we're fucked. Forces can't compete with this.

>caring about reviews

>metacritic
Wow it's fucking nothing

More than half of them aren't wrong. Forces looks genuinely bad.

>"Did you know that Amy will save Sonic in a desperate situation and he will give her a kiss on the cheek?"

Because you hate yourself. You also made the mistake of ever going on /v/ to begin with

Yeah, this. Sonic has never really hit the heights of Mario in terms of critical acclaim, but I've always enjoyed the series more & that's what matters.

What do you mean by this, will the Sonic franchise "get fucked" by a review for another game?

I for one will buy Sonic Forces and most likely enjoy it, but Mario does nothing for me. Not intrested at all.

I wanna boop that Sonic on the nose

gamehut has been such an interesting experience and i'm really glad to see he has been listening to feedback. i always thought 3D blast was jank so knowing that the director is coming back after all this time to redo it and hopefully make a defintive version of the game is such a gift.

oh cool

is there any team working on the devkit itself then

>Yeah we're fucked. Forces can't compete with this.
>Game Reviews
>Comparing reviews

Like a team working on the devkit making a fangame? There was but the project kinda fell through due to lack of leadership, iirc. That being said, don't let that deter you from doing something with it!

Best Bird.
Best Girl.

There's a lot of reselling the anniversary crystal cubes coming out of the woodworks recently.

You boop his nose.

He punches you in the face.

IGN - 10/10
Edge : 10/10
Famitsu : 39/40
Jeux Vidéo Magazine : 19/20
Red Value Gaming : 9.5/10

Probably, and I'm not gonna buy Forces because Sonic Team won't learn shit if I do.

No matter how shit Sonic is, I've always liked it.
The opposite applies to Mario, no matter how good the games might be, I can't give less of a shit about them.
I just plain don't like Mario for no personal reasons. I jerk off to Peach/Daisy/Rosalina and whatever once in a while and played quite some of his games even if I only own one of them, but there's literally nothing appealing about Mario for me to care about it as a franchise.

oh thats a shame

and yea thats what i meant!

id be for being part of something like that as much as i can in my spare time

user, I think the point that post is giving is that they don't care about reviews.

Aye, the Famitsu curse strikes again.

>anniversary crystal cube
what?