/LHG/ lights hope general

Hunter Loot Edition

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

QUICK TLDR ON THE SITUATION: The server broke into two servers due to original /elyg/ creator (crogge) selling chars and gold. /lhg/ is the the less corrupt server and it's less laggy than ever. /lhg/ got the better System admin and poached the main developer.

twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (Drop the MPQ in your data folder, and don't post screenshots and get banned retard):
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

note: You may need to fix your WDB folder after the update due to it describing item stats wrong

first for fresh

Let's break this shit down, taking information from both sides to try and piece together what really happened
>Crogge/Shenna tell Whitekidney that they are selling characters/gold for real money
>Whitekidney has a chance to tell them not to but says 'I'm okay with that'
>He secretly starts to plan to take over the project because either doesn't agree with this on a moral level or he simply wants to take all of the money for himself -- choose your own adventure.
>He has conversations with Crogge/Shenna to get them to confess to what they're doing while making sure it conveys him in the most positive light.
>Whitekidney starts feeling out other members of the staff to see what they think about this. It's not hard to paint Shenna/Crogge not only as corrupt but also tainted. If this news got out it would be extremely damaging for the server. Whitekidney is able to convert most of them simply by explaining that they either do this or the entire project goes down in flames. These people do not want to lose the control they currently have.
>He has the full trust of Crogge as far as the server goes. He exploits this trust, not only by taking all of the backups/databases, but by deleting everything. The databases, backups, website. Everything he possibly can. He burns it all to the ground.
>This puts him in a position to take full command of the project. Even if Crogge is able to restore everything it will take weeks and the damage will be done.
In the end it comes down to if you believe Whitekidney is doing this out of the kindness of his heart or to make a quick buck. Shenna/Crogge were definitely in the wrong but Whitekidney is not this paragon of righteousness that everyone seems to be trying to make him out to be.

thank you for fresh thread

speaking of fresh...

>who fucking cares
for once i agree with this stupid fucking faggot

>how could WK backstab some lazy slav crooks who live off of an embezzlement scam

okay, $henna/€rogge.

> conveniently forgetting the part where Vitaliy and Shenna have been selling all kinds of shit on Valkyrie and on Elysium since pretty much day 1.

Make a fresh server at nax patch. to hell with the progression meme faggots. leveling is more fun in 1.12 and it would be more interesting to see which guild can clear which raid first when they havent had 6 months to farm each one.

>reach 60 and start doing raids
>too scared to run 5man dungeons anymore
Anyone else knows this feel? I'd always roll as tank while leveling, but after 60 I just heal raids and not dare to join group because my shitty class can't even resurrect and I probably couldn't tank either because my shitty class gear bottlenecks me to be healbot and I never even done those dungeons so I'd just embarrass myself and people would bully me for being a shitter with raid gear.

not him and shenna/crogge are despicable but whitekidney is a gigantic faggot.
>hijack the server
>delete backups and even the forums
>leaves you with no choice but to play on his server
why not just uncover the embezzlement scam and open his own server without killing Elysium?ah, that's right, because most people don't give a shit so he had to make sure you can't play on Elysium so your only option is to play on his server. Fuck whitekidney

yfw you desperately want to play on a server run by a couple of degenerate slavs with 10 yards view distance and unplayable lag even at 5k pop
You have to be a complete moron to believe that WK wont be selling shit under the table, but the server objectively runs betterm so its only a win for everyone (except for Shenna who will now get evicted and forced to suck dick for $$$)

whats even better is last night on the lights hope discord, the staff members were talking about how they should go about paying staff for their contributions. they were suggesting monthly payments to staff members based on their hours worked. of course this would be 'tracked' and be 'fully transparent' to players. they are arguing because the project would not be making a profit technically, that this was all within the bounds of reason.

tl;dr pottu is going to get paid for being a sjw

>being this mad your 8 second delay server that crashes every 15 minutes got btfo by some anonymouse fedora tipper

imagine being retarded enough to grind r14 on a private server.

your point is?

you toxic assholes literally killed her with this pointless drama, she's in the hospital from anemia right now.

this.

white kidney is highly corrupt and absolute scum and only turbocucked chastitycaged redditors feel differently about this

wow, so edgy!
shenna's paypal is still up, so go ahead and donate, faggot

who would ever trust someone who betrayed shenna's trust just because they wanted a bigger cut of the donations $$$?

The janitors fear them...

you inspired me to make this

MoH tranny tier post

buzzposting is the new freshposting

why does andy have a barbie doll?

FRESHBUZZ WHERE WE @?

fresh as FUCK

>blizzlike
>5k undead rogues on the server
>blizzlike

Daily reminder that Woodykeks can never know the feeling a well-groomed Freshbuzz chad feels when he steps out of the shower.

2/3rd population undead rogue is blizzlike, that's what i played in vanilla too

freshies report in

i like the idea but
this would make the entire server a race

part of vanilla is just kicking back and fishing sometimes

yeah fishing for cock on IF bridge.

f r e s h

You could just play on a server like kronos with 1.12 patch but you're a fresh retard so you will never be happy.

Molten core was literally made in 1 week and I've spent the past 2 years of my life farming it over and over again

>retail servers
>5k people online at a time
kill yourself my dude

fresh

I think this is why wpsg makes fun of us so much

I never hinted anything close to retail having 5k players my man, learn to read.

no one is making you reroll. you can stay on elysium and wait six months for aq and another six months for naxx. yes, the server will drop in population but the option is there if you actually want to do something thats not mc.

bros /wpsg/ is making fun of us again. . .

Because they replay barrens since 5 years hopping from server to server?

but I want to be a cutting edge raider with all content on farm without actually having to do AQ cancer... I think they should make a new fresh server but make us farm Molten Core for 6 more months. . .

>wpsg where they unironically shill a cataclysm server. that is hosted by fucking twinstar.
who fucking cares?

have you ever played post-vanilla raids

they come in like 2 varieties

1) stand in the right place at the right time
2) know the boss gimmicks

vanilla raids are literally god-tier, bwl+naxx especially feel more like frantic pvp...

tbc raids are ok and anything after that is just pure boredom

>hosted by fucking twinstar
>plays on a server hosted by whitekidney

i'm level 59 and ready to give up
nobody wants me in their groups and i'm too scared to leave the safety of the city, i can't handle being ganked any more
i've made more than 30 fucking corpse runs tonight

Fuck I hope I haven't made a bad name for myself on here, starting to realize why this general and its players are so fucking bad recently.

play a better video game

>bwl+naxx feel more like frantic pvp
>implying bwl and naxx aren't all boss gimmicks+positioning
lel

>he doesnt just do the BRD questlines

what a shitty opinion holy fuck

>vanilla raids are literally god-tier

kek'd

i know this feel.

i've already done those and also
>nobody wants me in their groups

>vanilla raids are literally god-tier

NI KAN SHENME KAN BITCH?

at least whitekidney can host a stable server. twinstar servers are always plagued by latency and constant crashes. they are the definition of shitslav.

>twinstar's servers are over 8 years old
>WK's hope has been up for a week and a half

mmh

Then why are you here instead of Ares?

A R S E

imagine rolling on a server that releases untested update which causes 24 hour rollback

not even old ely fucked up this hard at any point

This is written like somebody who hasn't raided anything but MC

why does being naked in bed feel so good

Ares is by no means great but they managed to revert the changes without a global rollback

>twinstar has been up for over 8 years and still has the lowest population out of all of the major projects

Molten Core is the peak of wow raiding, anything after that is easy relatively in terms of raw mechanics.

>GM's spawn in items for themselves and other players for a year
>suddenly they realize that the higher ups are making money off of this and not just doing it for their friends
>oy vey let's steal the server
>people suddenly don't want to play on a sever that was used as a GM sandbox for spawning in gold and items
>people want to play a real server that isn't tainted by 9 months of GM abuse straight
>"um... no we want to focus on developing content that has already been scripted and tested to completion......"

This server is a fucking joke.

>people want to play on a project that does those things still
If you're asking for fresh from either of them then you're just as much if not more of a shit eater, their new realms will be just as corrupt.

this it's all about culture

say what you want about kronos but those servers are run like fucking nazi camps

the other user put it best when he said sandbox

that's pretty much what these russians view our community as, literally just a sandbox for enriching themselves at our expense

t. molten bull

maybe i'm weird but potty and phoosy being smug fags while they meme around with GM powers and abuse shit, race change, name change, etc, bugs me more than russians stealing. You know russians are going to steal but you assume that GMs are able to resist the urge to be fags and help their guilds out.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT ABOUT MY FUCKING SPAWNED IN ITEMS YOU FUCKING PLEB DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOURS I PUT INTO SHITPOSTING ON DISCORD TO YOU FUCKING PLAYERS? I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT! I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ABUSING IN GAME COMMANDS FOR MY OWN BENEFIT THAT IT IS INCONCEIVABLE THAT I WOULD EVER MOVE TO ANOTHER SERVER. I HAVE WHITEKIDNEYS EARS YOU PIECE OF SHIT AND I WILL ENSURE FRESH NEVER HAPPENS SO I DONT EVER HAVE TO FUCKING PLAY LIKE ONE OF YOU FUCKING NORMAL FAG CHARACTERS.

t. lights hope gm team

They said they delete/ban the Crogge spawned characters/items.
Thari was banning them already on Elysium, now please stop shilling you filthy freshcuck and get to 60 already so i can cuck you out of loot.

I feel the same way desu

Private servers are a business, nobody does it for free or very few people. Even those that truly do not monetize their server use it as a learning experience, and hopefully something they can put on a resume.

this really explains it the best whitekidney put the gms in a situation where they had no choice but to leave. the last thing they want to do is lose their power. the good thing about this is if elysium 2 actually does become the next big thing, we shouldnt have to worry about these fags returning because they betrayed shenna/crogge along with whitekidney.

not even a fresh shill but you are delusional if you think this.

>assume that people who get off on being in positions of power over others act responsible

i don't disagree, we knew this operation was corrupt from the beginning but when gm's are literally just flaunting the abuse in our face all while telling everyone to check out the new announcement page on how they are going to improve their image...it really fuckin tests me

reminder that Babymetal applied for a position as Elysium GM.

>they were able to clean up all of the corruption from the past year in the span of 24 hours.
thats a good one. im sure they also went back and reverted anything that the rest of the team did such as boost characters, name changes, giving gold/items/characters/rank to themselves or friends.. right?

would fit in pefectly desu

this pretty much

Is today the release of fresh boys?

Not today fellow freshbull

man can't wait for a fresh server so i can grind mc for another year whos with me xD cant beat the real deal i sure love levelling with retards who wont make it to 60 and compete for gear with people who wont see bwl XD

warrior

someone was trembling when they wrote this.
sad he's so threatened by a server he wont roll on.

me too. i cant wait for elycucks to be completely btfo just like players from anathema were. its gonna be GREAT!

This is a good idea, seeing as the scourge invasion adds some nice stuff for low level dickheads aswell, only thing progression really is worth having for is the war effort and lets face it thats fucked.

Meanwhile Lightshope prospers, anathema peaks at 500 and fresh is confirmed that its not happening.

Pottu is truly the janitor of janitors, he's been doing these shit jobs FOR FREE for years and now he's so embedded in the vanilla private server scene he can get away with literally anything, such as permabanning people who "exposed" his normal character he made no attempts to conceal and having Ely admins defend him on reddit

w-why would you want to go fresh? e-elysium is only t-ten months old. if y-you level now then when tbc comes out y-you will be ready to go. g-ganking is a p-part of vanilla even though the population is six times as high and most of the 60s are b-bored and raid logging. i saw someone looking for more in w-world chat the other day its easy to get pre-bis.

>fresh is confirmed that its not happening
shenna begs to differ

Haha nobody is gonna go back to elysium.

You do realize that a fresh server will attract all of the new players and a large portion of bored/fresh(er) 60s from Elysium, right? Elysium won't experience a massive drop at the start but over a period of months it will slowly drop in population while the fresh grows. I'd give it maybe three months until they're about equal in pop, after which the fresh will accelerate at a higher pace. By the time AQ comes out on Elysium, in about six months, there will be 2k players.. just like Anathema had.

If Light's Hope was smart they would open their own fresh to avoid losing their population advantage but as mentioned above the GM team is against that because they prefer to play on their 'sandbox' that they've built over the past ten months. Shenna/Crogge are hated on reddit at the moment but luckily that's not the barometer for how popular a private server will be. If it was, Warmane would be dead. If Elysium 2 happens without a fresh response from Light's Hope, it will become the new Elysium in terms of being the most popular Vanilla realm.

>mfw every gray I've killed, every dungeon invite I've turned down and every priest I haven't taken to a ZG PUG because they didn't have prebis boots has contributed to the demand for fresh
I'M SO SORRY BROS
I TAKE IT ALL BACK
PLEASE STAY
PLEASE STAY
PLEASE STAY

Ofc, people will stay and play on AQ40 realm with no chances to catch up :^)

>corrupt team running year old server that makes it very difficult to level and find instances to get pre-bis at 60
>corrupt team running fresh server
tough choice for people who want to start at level 1 again