>steam store page
store.steampowered.com/app/219990

>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>here's the updated resist reduction doc, put it in the OP next time pls
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>previous illusion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4feyeHFEaYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

re toasting in a new bread

>level 37
>3 aps cadence with buffs
>critting for 20k

when am I going to get shit on ? Cadence isnt even close to being maxed, I didnt take a second mastery yet, for now I'm focusing on Military Conditioning, then maybe Field Command, also I hesitate which to max between Fighting Spirit, Zoltans technique and Markovians. They all look bretty gud. My highest damage taken is 860 and that was like 20 levels ago I believe. I put everything into physique, even heroes and bosses 3 levels higher than me have only like 85% to hit and 0% to crit. I took Spider, Kraken, Eel, maybe going for Goulish Hunger now. Its stupidly easy to play and I only take damage from bleed, aether and what I believe is vitality damage ? Oh and those slow debuffs are annoying as fuck. Some of those shields look sexy af but I dont want to equip one now I'll just lose too much damage. Character name is Zolder because I'm smart like that.
advices ?
hc btw

>Guardians are almost pitifully easy
>Sentinel still pulverizes my asshole
Why do the meteors stun for so fucking long?

Does Maiven's Sphere of Protection affect pet damage? When they say "total damage modified by -x%" does that include pets?

Stun reduction resist.
Get it.

Ranged Expertise makes my auto shooting the best for single target, i'm thinking about going back explosive shot.

Word of Renewal changes the game up a bit.

Is Cleansing Waters from Ulo devotion worth anything? Feels like it's super hard to actually manage to dispel shit from you.

2H pierce tactician, is my only AoE coming from cadence?

one of the inquisitor procs has aoe.

you won't have any problem in normal/veteran and for elite harcore soldier is a good defensive class with a shield equipped. start choosing a damage type that goes well with your class and a secondary mastery that can complement that damage. Since you are on hardcore shaman can boost your hp even more and provide a totem for healing
ranged expertise makes every weapon proc skill better since you will attack faster which gives you more chances at getting an explosive shot

Which do you guys think is better for a pistol dual wielding cadence tactician: Oleron's rage or Aura of conviction?

Late, but
Reign of Ice and Fire is going to get nerfed as well. For sure. It currently has no cooldown on its proc, and equipping two has some very... catastrophic results. If you're in an open enough area, and surrounded by enemies, that shit shreds literally everything.
Which also happens in Crucible.

If anything, I'd consider that ring the crux of the linked build. I can safely say this because it's effortlessly carried 2 other builds before, it's disgusting. I expect it to get nerfed with a 0.5 or even 0.8 second cooldown, and thus lose an immense amount of its damage potential.

Also, Seal of Blades is, again, as broken as it is because ANY AND EVERY instance of damage you deal can proc a devotion bound to it. Not just the aura's damage. Even your other attacks.

It can sometimes be handy if you have a 1-point-skill left over somewhere with which you can trigger it exactly when you need it, but you'll only use it for dispelling reflective or regenerator elites.

Oleron's doesn't actually do that much for you. Inquisitor already shits OA like crazy, and internal trauma is a wasted damage type for what you're trying to do. Thus: AoC.

Asking again in new thread.

I still can't decide, and yes, I know I can use gear to dual wield if I want to. That's why I mentioned Pyromancer and Witchblade as my first choices.

Does anyone know if guardians of nature procs if pets are hit?

>applies to aura
>aura affects pets

If it does then i really want it. If not, i have a spare point to finish off rattosh

>too retarded to play with characters that have fuckloads of skills
>too smart to enjoy auto attack characters
Anything in between? Something with a few utility skills and a few spammable/low cooldown skills maybe.

Sorcerer stunjack spam build with grenado and the lightning conversion mod

If you want something new, definitely go with inquisitor over Necro.
It has neutral shit like Ranged expertise, Deadly aim and Inquisitor seal which can work on any ranged build while Necro mixes other, non poison damage type into almost everything.

It doesn't affect pets at all. It gives you a buff with pet bonuses, but there is no direct interaction with pets.
You also can't bind it to pets, only the player.

If YOU get attacked, YOU receive a buff (whose pet bonuses give your pets a bunch of shit, but you're still the buff carrier)
It's great to put on some temporary buff in hardcore, to pop when you absolutely need the absorb and/or lose aggro.

Thanks, been wondering about this for ages.

I may still take it, given that skellies already have a skill on them, I don't know if rattosh would be worth it to apply to a single pet

So is this a 10 second debuff that hits for the vit damage on application then anyone hitting the marked enemy gets that health drain from attacks OR is it just X vit damage over 10 seconds and you get % of that dmg as health?
tl;dr will my skeletons all drain hp when ganging up on a guy with this
Everything is so unclear in this game

Is Forcewave cast or attack speed?

how do you deal with the massive pile of loot at crucible? It becomes unbearable after doing the 100-110 90-100 80-100 shit

just filter it

Cast Speed

Who is doing a deceiver here? Currently 50, I got a blood orb of cthon so I'll convert the runes and seal to chaos and rape everything with WoP. Dunno how sturdy it will be in ultimate though.

It's not unclear at all.
>you mark your foes
It's a debuff.
>lifesteal attached to the damaging skill itself
It only lifesteals from the mark's vitality damage

Also, don't put it on skeletons. Only one instance of the same debuff can affect a target at a time. You'll have anywhere between 6 and 12 skeletons, and that shit doesn't stack, meaning only one is going to get the healing.

Hold Alt and click on the ground to pick them up and you don't have to move your cursor. Clicking on the label is the wrong way

why.jpg

Because unless you use the modifier its a spell with a cast time

Tremor uses cast speed

Damn. I made a devotion tree so that I could use that on them too.

>all legendaries for storm totem are +lightning damage

Ask Zantai.

I think Grim Dawn could really explain the game mechanics better. Stuff like this should be included in the tooltip. There's a lot of essential stuff that's not explained properly in the game.

And pretty much everything for Flames of Ig' are for fire shit. Good job supporting the transmuter, faggot Crate.

youtu.be/4feyeHFEaYI

What are core resists

all the resists on the first page plus life leech resist

>tfw I have easier time doing 100-110 than 90-100

everything is cast speed unless its a default attack modifier

Yep, I gave up on building a chaos ignaffar Deceiver because of that, it's all Demo/Inq shit, even the pieces that support chaos.
Makes me wonder why you would even focus on chaos as a Purifier when you already have the regular Fire/Lightning Ignaffar with full support from the Demo passives.

>life leech resist
is this just redundant now? life leech damage type was removed from the game

it also works as life steal resistance for example against vampiric enemies, Mad queen or Murderape

But Elite doesn't seem to reduce my second row of resists

Primal Strike/Blade Arc scale with attack speed

do you have them overcapped? Otherwise yes they do get reduced excpet for maybe(?) stun resistance, i never paid much attention to that one, which turned out to be a big mistake when I first came to malmouth

Elite is -25 for first row; Ultimate is -50 for first row and -25 for second row from what I can see.

Is poison cabalist a good idea?

i dont get it

Why though? Pet Cabalist is much more robust

I've already played a skelemancer

>tfw I want to make a dual pistol wielding tactician and a shield deathknight and a cadence blade dual wielding blademaster and a casting sorcerer and a summoner cabalist and a poison cancer man but all I've managed so far in-game is a level 76 warder

>tfw a single item gives me +109% lifesteal resist

Does it cap at 80% like the other resistances or can enemies literally not heal off me?

Idk the ~50% resist from myth boneshattertreads was always more than sufficient to deal with ultimate queen and kupa for me

Resist this urge or you'll get bored of the game in a week with ten lvl30 characters in your roster without ever reaching the actual engame

I was thinking about trying it but all you can really get out of Necromancer is ravenous earth which might be worth it. Also I think I read that exploding posion fatties scale with player bonuses but I haven't looked into it. I've already got a DEE Witchhunter and my gut says gaining those two abilities aren't worth losing PneumaBurst, innate dual wielding and Merciless Repertoire.

Post favorite devotion
Hardmode: None of the highest tier constellations

Magi. Fissure has carried a handful of builds for me, it's pretty dope.

>just bought 5 writs
>thought you could trade them to other characters
>i've already applied all 5 of the writs to myself previously

Fugg :DDDDD

inb4 Kraken

I have resisted and will continue to do so until I get some build-defining mythical legendary on my warder and then make a new character that uses that.

Ghoul. I put that shit on everything, paired with Tortoise.

thanks for posting my image, hiroshimoot

go attack ravager on ultimate and see how you fare

Crucible is fun, i made a character named AIDSCOMMANDO and leveled from 1 to 28 in 3hours. Just doing everything to make Bloody Pox as effective as possible, and trying to get devotions to help aids.

Anyone done a lot of crucible? Preferably with many different characters of different level and gear quality. I'd like to know if it's good for anything else besides getting the first few levels fast on a new character or farming when you already have high end gear or getting some easy devotion points if you don't already have 50+.
I love playing the crucible but I'm not having much success with it. I can finish wave 100 on the easiest difficulty if I'm lucky and my record is dying on wave 110 and even that I've only managed twice. Shit just gets too real for me to handle at that wave.
I'm getting a lot of useless epics and blueprints but hardly ever anything I can use and almost never any legendaries at all. The exp also seems lackluster though it's my first character so I can't tell how fast leveling is "supposed" to be.
The crucible also gets increasingly difficult every time I level since the mobs scale up while I don't really get any gear upgrades and only 2 skill points. Even reaching wave 100 is becoming less and less likely. On the fucking easiest difficulty. Personally I'd love nothing more than just doing crucible from level 1 to 100 but sadly that doesn't seem viable at all.

Get the HP and damage boost blessings. But really you should be melting most of the waves on the easiest difficulty, certainly up to wave 100.

you can get to 50 in 3hours with exp potions in vanilla though
Crucible favors defensive builds over offensive ones. I'm not sure what build you're runnning but crucible 150 should be doable on almost any build provided you haven't completely fucked up your build and gear. I've seen a level 30 or 40-ish something (can't remember, but it was under 50) blademaster do solo aspirant to level 150

Acid Spray
>dat aoe damage
>dat sound effect
>dat green squishy mushy acid spraying all over
>dat resistance reduction
What's not to love?

any solid build using Inq or Necro for HC, that doesnt use soldier ?

>Crate forgot to put the loot reward room in the Chamber of the High Council

Empty throne. Love me those rare resistances.

Ayyy this is me for the last two weeks baka desu senpai lmao.

Daily reminder thet Dreeg > Solael > Bysmiel

vanilla isnt as fun as crucible

I tried a purifier but it was way too squishy but I still want to main a ranged character. I'm thinking soldier as a 2nd mastery, but should I go 2H ranged Commando or dual wield pistol Tactician?

Dreeg is best

Reminder that Empyrion's light shall eradicate those that worship the false gods

Dreeg is dreck

and crucible isn't as fun as your mum
Korvaak > the three stooges

>Empyri-gone

Unironically suicide yourself

Well yes, everything does melt up to wave 100. The thing is that there's maybe 5 or so waves along the way that also melt me if I do any small mistake or simply get unlucky. It's like a race of who can obliterate who faster.

I'm playing a 2h melee savagery warder. Don't have a link to exact build right now. As for gear, well, there's not much to fuck up when I'm using the best gear I've been able to find since it's my first character. Basically anything with damage/resistances/hp. Haven't really managed to find anything with decent DA so that's probably one of my problems.

I just don't see how I'm supposed to deal with the iron maiden, gutworm and two other fuckers all at once on wave 110 and I can't even imagine what kind of bullshit the game would throw at me on the waves after that.

this

whats a good poison build

I have a level 15 occ in stand by ready to go

Dreeg's Lovely Eye is best for levelling and if you like it you can stick with it

>2h melee savagery warder
Are you a bleed or lightning warder?
Cause both of them should have no problem doing crucible. Your build might need tweaking/fixing if you're having that much trouble. Don't neglect your armor rating either

What's her name?

Spooky Sandra

Are there any skill/attribute awarding quests other than Kasparov, harpy and hidden path? I skipped most of Elite trying to farm for gear and unlocked Ultimate due to level so I went there to complete everything.

but even still, with exp potions you said vanilla takes 3 hours, but without exp potions crucible takes 3 hours. so with that logic, crucible is 2x faster

Beatrice Manowski

the other you gives another one on ultimate but not before

What? You can get to level 50 in around 3 hours in vanilla playing through the campaign with potion of clarity. You said you got to 28 in 3 hours in crucible. The fuck are you even on about

Lightning. Armor is what it is. Oak Skin seems like the only skill with +armor. Scars of Battle has increased armor absorption. I'd need to remove points somewhere to invest more in those though. Then there's skills with +%health and +da. Can't have everything and it's hard to tell which ones are worth the most.

You mainly get armor from gear though. So i'd look into getting some gear with more armor on it. Honestly i'd be easier if you just used grimtools and loaded your savefiles and posted the link to see what's lacking in your current build

>die on wave 150 because my heal skill wouldn't go off despite not being silenced, nor on cooldown, nor stunned
Man this happens frequently, but rarely die for it. Fucking hate how every ARPG has input reliably issues like this.

Molester of Malmouth

Is there any benefit to buying the game?